Raul Albiol to Real Madrid Discussion

Guest Football8

Raul Albiol to Real Madrid Discussion  

1. 1.

• Yes, he will make an impact.
    • No, he will flop.

Guest Football8

Well it looks like Real Madrid have finally nearly signed a defender. Reports are are coming in and say Real Madrid and Valencia have agreed on a deal worth €15, what do you think on this transfer and will Raul Albiol make an impact if he joins and becomes the 3rd Galactico ?

Re: Raul Albiol to Real Madrid Discussion

if pepe stays and garay ezekiel it should be good defence my mark around 8 on scale to 10 but enough that we win 10th champions league title.but i dont think albiol is galactico he isnt so poular as ronaldo and kaka but he s excellent young defender .i am so happy there isnt more cannavaro and hope that heinze will join cannavaro on exit way

Guest Football8

If you look at it players like Raul Albiol can become World Class players, Pepe has becoming World Class since joining from Porto so has Lass, all these top players at mediocre clubs joining Real Madrid turn to out to be vital players most of the time.

Sergio Ramos - Sevilla

Pepe - Porto

Ezequiel Garay - Racing Santander

Raul Albiol ? - Valencia

Marcelo - Fluminese

Lass - Portsmouth

Higuain - River Plate

Well it looks like Real Madrid have finally nearly signed a defender. Reports are are coming in and say Real Madrid and Valencia have agreed on a deal worth €15' date=' what do you think on this transfer and will Raul Albiol make an impact if he joins and becomes the 3rd Galactico ?[/quote']

Munt you really do need to remember to add an 'M' on the end of the fees. This isn't the first time either. ;)

He should play regularly alongside Pepe, I imagine. Bad luck to all the Garay fans.

Guest Football8

Munt you really do need to remember to add an 'M' on the end of the fees. This isn't the first time either. ;)

He should play regularly alongside Pepe' date=' I imagine. Bad luck to all the Garay fans.[/quote']

I'm sure pounds are cheaper than millions. :P

He should play regularly alongside Pepe' date=' I imagine. Bad luck to all the Garay fans.[/quote']

Yeah, so will Garay go bak to Racing now for another season?

Guest Football8

Yeah' date=' so will Garay go bak to Racing now for another season?[/quote']

I hope he stays as a backup with Metzelder tbh, I hope he'd want to sit on the bench and be part of the superstars.

Speaking of the bench, Marquez, Pique, Milito, who will partner Puyol and which 2 will be on the bench ? A tough question for next season. :o;)

I hope he stays as a backup with Metzelder tbh' date=' I would sit on the bench to be part of a team full of superstars.

Speaking of the bench, Marquez, Pique, Milito, who will partner Puyol and which 2 will be on the bench ? A tough question for next season. :o;)[/quote']

I really think Pique deserves it after the season he had last year, then have two great back-ups if he fails early on.

real has good scouts but they wanna first to see that are players proved than buy them .it is more expensive way but more certain.i think one year they will buy ballotelli or walcot or berg but when they gain more experience.so that players are allready world class but not yet galactico.i would say that galactico are players rated 95 to 99 under that no maybe 94.very simple

Guest Football8

real has good scouts but they wanna first to see that are players proved than buy them .it is more expensive way but more certain.i think one year they will buy ballotelli or walcot or berg but when they gain more experience.so that players are allready world class but not yet galactico.i would say that galactico are players rated 95 to 99 under that no maybe 94.very simple

So Pepe isn't a Galactico ?

If you look at it players like Raul Albiol can become World Class players' date=' Pepe has becoming World Class since joining from Porto so has Lass, all these top players at mediocre clubs joining Real Madrid turn to out to be vital players most of the time.

Sergio Ramos - Sevilla

Pepe - Porto

Ezequiel Garay - Racing Santander

Raul Albiol ? - Valencia

Marcelo - Fluminese

Lass - Portsmouth

Higuain - River Plate[/quote']

None of those clubs are "mediocre" :confused:

Anyway - decent signing but imo the defence still needs improving a lot ;)

So Pepe isn't a Galactico ?

I don't think you really understand the term Galactico. Albiol, who you called a Galactico, will likely NEVER be considered a Galactico and certainly isn't one now. That isn't a reflection of his quality but rather that he is incompatible with the term 'Galactico'. Zidane, Figo and Ronaldo were Galacticos because of their huge fees (galactic one may say ;)) and their global renown, not to mention the flashy nature of their play replete with mouth-watering skills and tricks. Beckham may not have had the tricks but the weight of his transfer fee and more importantly his huge status across the globe made him a Galactico. Galacticos are shirt-sellers, match-winners and no matter how good a defender you are, it is unlikely that you'll be considered a Galactico.

So no, Pepe and Albiol aren't Galacticos. The very fact you've noted they come from "mediocre" clubs (not entirely fair either) and only develop over time to become "world class" is proof that they aren't Galacticos. You've probably picked up the habit of considering everyone in the Real team Galacticos because of the haphazard way that the media bandies the term around.

Galacticos are shirt-sellers' date=' match-winners and no matter how good a defender you are, it is unlikely that you'll be considered a Galactico.

[/quote']

Now "Chopper" Harris.....there was a Galactico. :P

In all seriousness though Bob, I think you have hit the nail on the head there. Galacticos are players that excite the marketing people pure and simple, and it doesn't matter who you are in the modern game, the art of defending is massively under-rated by the commercial types.

Guest Football8

None of those clubs are "mediocre" :confused:

Anyway - decent signing but imo the defence still needs improving a lot ;)

A lot ? I think 3/4 of the defense is done so no need a lot. Also they are mediocre clubs compared to Real Madrid.

I don't think you really understand the term Galactico. Albiol' date=' who you called a Galactico, will likely NEVER be considered a Galactico and certainly isn't one now. That isn't a reflection of his quality but rather that he is incompatible with the term 'Galactico'. Zidane, Figo and Ronaldo were Galacticos because of their huge fees (galactic one may say ;)) and their global renown, not to mention the flashy nature of their play replete with mouth-watering skills and tricks. Beckham may not have had the tricks but the weight of his transfer fee and more importantly his huge status across the globe made him a Galactico. Galacticos are shirt-sellers, match-winners and no matter how good a defender you are, it is unlikely that you'll be considered a Galactico.

So no, Pepe and Albiol aren't Galacticos. The very fact you've noted they come from "mediocre" clubs (not entirely fair either) and only develop over time to become "world class" is proof that they aren't Galacticos. You've probably picked up the habit of considering everyone in the Real team Galacticos because of the haphazard way that the media bandies the term around.[/quote']

Actually Galactico means superstar, so a top player. Pepe has certainly become a top player but more "top players" are being signed this summer, Kaka, Ronaldo etc.

Pepe is great but not galactico.if real signs rio ferdinand or vidic they would be certanly galacticos or john terry as best defenders on planet currently.iker is galacticos.

Vidic is a player who developed at Manchester United so once upon a time he was a nobody now he's one of the best in the World, Pepe can achieve that in a few years as well maybe.

Actually Galactico means superstar' date=' so a top player. Pepe has certainly become a top player but more "top players" are being signed this summer, Kaka, Ronaldo etc.[/quote']

A Galactico is a superstar, but superstar doesn't mean top player; it means superstar. For example, Makelele was a top, top player but wasn't a Galactico. As a result he was undervalued and left and Madrid suffered hugely. See the difference?

I also think that Pepe has a lot to prove before he is a 'top player' and can be regarded on the same level as the likes of Nesta (well, if he is EVER fit again :P).

Guest Daragh

Also they are mediocre clubs compared to Real Madrid.

It doesn't matter wether Madrid have such huge spending power or not, clubs like Valencia and River Plate aren't mediocre. Don't forget last season Madrid weren't exactly setting the world alight (they even had Julien Faubert playing :P) so don't get too ahead of yourself just yet. You wouldn't have made that comment last season, would you?

Anyway back on topic, I like Albiol, hes a great player and definately a good signing. I rate him A LOT higher than Pepe.

Guest Football8

It doesn't matter wether Madrid have such huge spending power or not' date=' clubs like Valencia and River Plate aren't mediocre. Don't forget last season Madrid weren't exactly setting the world alight (they even had Julien Faubert playing :P) so don't get too ahead of yourself just yet. You wouldn't have made that comment last season, would you?

Anyway back on topic, I like Albiol, hes a great player and definately a good signing. I rate him A LOT higher than Pepe.[/quote']

Well compared to Real Madrid, clubs like River Plate and Valencia aren't top.

Also last season we had a Premier League reject as a manager who bought a random list of players from the PL. :P

Guest Daragh

Well compared to Real Madrid' date=' clubs like River Plate and Valencia aren't top.

Also last season we had a Premier League reject as a manager who bought a random list of players from the PL. :P[/quote']

But by no means are they mediocre.

Lol, it was funny on Gillette Soccer Saturday when they discussed Faubert's loan move to Madrid. Paul Merson "His agent should be knighted by the queen" LOL :D

Does anyone think Garay will get game time at Real?? I thought he was still on loan at Racing but SM say he's back at madrid' date=' I'm guessing with the signing of Albiol and Pepe already in the squad Garay wont get much game time.

Can anyone shed some light on this??[/quote']

I think you'll have to ask Pellegrini to find the answer to that.

I would guess Albiol and Pepe would start, but who knows.

Speaking of the bench' date=' Marquez, Pique, Milito, who will partner Puyol and which 2 will be on the bench ? A tough question for next season. :o;)[/quote']

If i was the manager, it would probably be Pique and Milito at CB, Marquez as main backup (maybe rotating with those two or Yaya in the DM position), and Puyol in the reserves. I respect his attitude and love for Barca, but he's the weak link in Barca's and Spain's defense imo.

Back on topic, I can't believe Real might actually be trying to improve an area that actually needs improving. :P

Still need to replace Pepe though. He's useless half the time. Not sure Garay is ready for 1st team football at a top club yet, but time will tell.

I still think you need a quality holding player too. Lass is decent, but not really good enough for Real, to be honest. Gago still has some potential, but left Argentina way too early and sufferred because of it. And M.Diarra is one of the most overrated players on the planet at the moment.

Oh, and a LB... definately in need of a LB.

Also, hopefully for you, Pellegrini will tell Ramos to actually do his job this season, instead of bombing forward then being too lazy to run back when he loses the ball. He seems to be turning into the defensive equivalent of Ibrahimovic, which is a shame because he could be easily as good as Maicon if he put the effort in.