Stoppage/Injury time

As we all know, football has 90 minutes of normal play, followed by usually 1-2 minutes after the 45th to signal the end of the 1st half, and then 1-5 minutes after the 90th to signal the end of the game. This means that a game is 90 minutes of normal time, followed by 2-6 minutes of stoppage time combined.

Now, if anyone watches a SM game in the Score Centre, you can see that there is only one action designated per minute. The 45th and 90th minute are always reserved for "Half-Time" and "Full-time" This means that theoretically, there are only 88 chances to score in a SM game. Now that isn't very realistic but the fact that there is no stoppage time isn't realistic either.

What I was thinking of was if somehow there could be an change to the game engine to accomodate stoppage time

It could be set-up like this:

1st half: 1-3 minutes of injury time

2nd half- 1-5 minutes of stoppage time.

This number could be random, but could also be set up to correlate the number of yellow and red cards given during the match.

I think this will make the game better and realistic, as well as adding an element of suprise to the game (Under the current engine, if you didn't score in the 89th minute, it's over) Because there is nothing better than winning a match in the 95th minute :D

Any thoughts?

Re: Stoppage/Injury time

I agree, this would make it a little more realistic. Would be good to see a team snatch a winner in the 90th or 92nd minute.

I would also like to see the introduction of penalties during a game. I always select a penalty taker when setting tactics, and yet ive never seen a team actually get a penalty during a game that isn't in a shoot out.

I always select a penalty taker when setting tactics' date=' and yet ive never seen a team actually get a penalty during a game that isn't in a shoot out.[/quote']

Or score from a free-kick :rolleyes:

Injury time would be good, but i fear it'll be a long way off as there are things that (i would imagine) would be easier to implement that'll get done first - ie penalties, free-kicks, realistic injury times etc etc.

i agree good idea in 90th minute you could go all out hard tackling , very attacking and 3-4-3 or something :)

good idea although kind of done already with the in game instructions at 75 so i am not sure if SM will re do the match engine which has just been remade basically in such a short space of time :/

great idea tho :)

the penalties/freekicks have been suggested before and need to be implemented. i also like the idea of stoppages- an improvement that aint to complicated but makes the game better!

i would also say that extra time should be added for cup and shield games before it goes to penalties!

I quite like the idea of stoppage time/injury time (and also the subsequent switching of tactics to all out attack or something similar). Certainly would mimic real life and there definitely is a gap currently between the 75th minute and full tiem where we cannto change the way the game is going whereas in real-life football this is the time when most tactical switches occur :)

However, looking at it from the other side (as I have a habit of looking at both sides :P), SM currently already get numerous moans/complaints or worse about results, the match engine etc. This would just end up adding another variable for them to be criticised and receive complaints. Those who fall foul of injury time goals when the opposition has swiched to allout attack on more than one occasion will soon start complaining about how it always happens to them and how unrealistic it is. Others will moan they never get last minute goals and so on.

Overall, still in favour of this idea :)

I quite like the idea of stoppage time/injury time (and also the subsequent switching of tactics to all out attack or something similar). Certainly would mimic real life and there definitely is a gap currently between the 75th minute and full tiem where we cannto change the way the game is going whereas in real-life football this is the time when most tactical switches occur :)

However' date=' looking at it from the other side (as I have a habit of looking at both sides :P), SM currently already get numerous moans/complaints or worse about results, the match engine etc. This would just end up adding another variable for them to be criticised and receive complaints. Those who fall foul of injury time goals when the opposition has swiched to allout attack on more than one occasion will soon start complaining about how it always happens to them and how unrealistic it is. Others will moan they never get last minute goals and so on.[/b']

Overall, still in favour of this idea :)

I do agree with the idea's concept. And no-one really should complain about the bit in bold because it's realistic a team goes all attack in the last 15 minutes or so therefore it's part of the realism of football.

Also I do agree Arslan that we should be allowed to make substitutionsat more points in the game (if that's what you meant, but I do think it should happen anyway) :)