Sign in to follow this  
Caleb

The Journey Begins: My English Championship 3803 Manchester City

I took over a brand new Manchester City in English Championship 3803 when it was created on 17 June 2009. I will be posting my match reports and transfer news about them here as I attempt to revamp their squad to a better side.

This thread will be for my team only if possible please. Sorry. Feel free to comment on them though.

Caleb :)

Re: The Journey Begins: My English Championship 3803 Manchester City

Using my trusted method? Sell the whole team mate carefully. I got 280m to spend. Bought lots of risers already. And mind you' date=' it's a darn full setup :) I took a brand new team, so no tricks, just the bare Man City squad worth 160m and 25m transfer kitty. So 160 + 25 = 185m. But I sold smart, so I got myself about 280m instead :P[/quote']

yeah but how are the other managers accepting these chairman value offers? :eek:

;655974']yeah but how are the other managers accepting these chairman value offers? :eek:

This is an English Championship? The "other managers" are all the usual trustworthy chairman of external clubs:D

Caleb how are you getting all these players? I know you have like £180m to spend but wouldn't the players have been snapped up by other managers because its gotta be around 2-3 days before your first new signing?

EDIT: I will delete this once it has been seen and hopefully answered so it doesnt ruin the thread xD :)

Follow the rules of chairman value - sell highest to lowest. you will be amazed. Just try it sometime :) You know Javier Garrido? I sold him for 9.7m to an external team. You know Glauber? The 85 rated Brazilian reject at Man City' date=' his chairman value became 8m, up from his original 3.5m after I sold away all the best defenders.[/quote']

so what will i do for max cash at my bradford?

will i sell the highest rated first to lowest?

will i sell every single riser even the ones that didnt go up?

altough you have bought these high quality players, i just checked out ur swuad, isnt it difficult manging them as you only have 11 players of 90 and the next best player is like 83?

Suit your self mate really. Do you know I have done this with my Huddersfield and succeeded? I know what I'm doing thank you very much and it is the only way to succeed!

For goodness sake' date=' I posted this thread to do match reports, not for every to question if I am crazy or what? Do you know the definition of risers? What do you think I should have done? Use Man City's original players in Part-Exchange? Get real, try P/E ing Bellamy to Barcelona, he'll probably be worth 3m. Hell. I sold him for much more. Once my risers rose, I can sell off about 60 of them so I don't see the issue. I rushed for all the high 90s now as how often do you see a Manchester City with Messi, Xavi etc yet have a positive bank balance. I can go for depth, like you wish, and sign 20 aging 90s but what is the point! :mad: Any team can have 90s. I rushed for all the high 90s first as 20 turns later when my risers TB end, Messi will probably be gone, geez.

Just leave me to do my job okay, I know what I'm doing. Not boasting but I have done my remaking of teams already so ffs, please :(

Another example of my team besides Huddersfield Town, Leixoes in Portuguese 1: [url']http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=348375&clubid=6232404&sid=8549[/url]

bloody hell man, i wasnt critisizing, i cant belive youv bought the players you have with man city, i was just wondering how you cope with have only 11 players aboe 90 and next best player is 83. I just asked because players seem to get UMF after like 3 games. Not critisizing you mate, youv done well and best of luck for future.

lol.in 3 games.in between there is a cup game.so just field a weaker side.then thus your 1st tem players get rested.so they get back their fitness for example a 42 fitness guy can get a 70+ fitness after a 1 game rest.so by using this way.i get to rest my players.the key to sucess is depth of your team.if you have a good team which includes some good players and probably.you just need around 22 players.and you can split them into 1st team and 2nd team.Note i learn this when i read Cale's post on cups.cos his Hudds and Sembele Leeds played a weaker side when they played cup games.so i went on to reseach and try it out and guess what.a great results.my players fitness is kept well so i found out by using this tatic.you prob wont have a team full of NMF players when the season is reaching the mid section.i am trying out on my arsenal and guess what.i got my lowest fitness player rosicky at 61 after 6 turns.Btw the league is custom set up with 18 games playing every season.

If you want to see it i will post a link here.

My arsenal

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=1116010&clubid=20765224&sid=27760

My Man city

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=1116010&clubid=6262868&sid=17912

Well Cale you know I wasnt criticising, i was amazed how you managed to capture all your players which is why i wanna know your methods :P

can you tell me how I should sell my Bradford City players to get max cash?

Coz by the looks of it you managed to sell your Man City amazingly to get that amount of cash! :)