The Official UK Non-League Football Thread

Hesse

Re: The Official UK Non-League Football Thread

After a long delay since the odds for the Blue Square divisions came out, finally we see the odds for the Ryman League, Zamaretto League and Unibond League.

img-rymanlogo.gif

The Ryman League as ever appears to be the most competitive according to the bookies, with very little separating Sutton, Carshalton and Dartford; with the latter rejoining the division from the Zamaretto league after an absence of a few years. Favourites to go down would appear to be Margate, which as a Dover supporter really upsets me. :D

Sutton 9/2

Carshalton 9/2

Dartford 11/2

Bognor 10/1

Wealdstone 12/1

Tonbridge 14/1

Billericay 14/1

Ashford 20/1

Canvey 20/1

Horsham 20/1

Tooting 20/1

AFC Hornchurch 25/1

Maidstone 25/1

Boreham Wood 25/1

Kingstonian 25/1

Cray 33/1

Hendon 33/1

Hastings 33/1

Aveley 33/1

Waltham Abbey 33/1

Harrow 33/1

Margate 50/1

ZamarettoLeague.jpg

According to the bookies the Zamaretto league will be something of a one-horse race with Farnborough Town being absolute red-hot favourites. However, this is still a division with plenty of teams with non-league pedigree, so don't be surprised to see a few more contenders once the season gets underway.

Farnborough 2/1

Cambridge City 8/1

Truro 10/1

Brackley 10/1

Hednesford 14/1

Leamington 14/1

Chippenham 14/1

Nuneaton 14/1

Hemel Hempsted 16/1

Oxford City 20/1

Swindon Supermarine 20/1

Bashley 25/1

Tiverton 25/1

Evesham 33/1

Bedford 33/1

Didcot 33/1

Rugby 40/1

Clevedon 40/1

Banbury 40/1

Stourbridge 40/1

Merthyr 66/1

Halesowen 80/1

Unibond_League_low_copy.jpg

Finally, the Unibond League sees the joint favourites as Kings Lynn and Bradford Park Avenue; a former Football League side looking to emulate Accrington Stanley in the long-haul back to Football League status. Snapping at their heels are the now famous FC United of Manchester.

Kings Lynn 4/1

Bradford PA 4/1

FC United 8/1

Guiseley 8/1

Nantwich 10/1

Boston 12/1

Burscough 14/1

Kendal 14/1

Marine 16/1

Durham 16/1

Retford 20/1

Hucknall 20/1

Ashton 33/1

Stocksbridge 33/1

Buxton 33/1

North Ferriby 40/1

Matlock 40/1

Whitby 40/1

Frickley 40/1

Worksop 50/1

Ossett Town 66/1

• 2 weeks later...

So the non-league season is under way in the Blue Square divisions at least, with the second games of the league campaign being tonight. Just a quick update tonight on Saturday's results, as I shall be glued to the non-league vidiprinter for updates on the Dover score!

bluesq.png

AFC Wimbledon 1-1 Luton

Altrincham 1-1 Ebbsfleet United

Cambridge Utd 0-2 Barrow

Forest Green 1-2 Kettering

Gateshead 0-3 Histon

Kidderminster 1-0 Hayes & Yeading

Mansfield 4-0 Crawley Town

Oxford Utd 2-1 York

Rushden & Diamonds 0-2 Salisbury

Stevenage 1-1 Tamworth

Wrexham 3-0 Eastbourne Borough

bluesquaresouth.gif

Bishop's Stortford 0-0 Newport County

Chelmsford City 4-3 Bath City

Dorchester Town 3-0 St Albans City

Eastleigh 1-2 Braintree Town

Hampton & Richmond B 0-1 Basingstoke T

Havant and Waterlooville 1-1 Thurrock

Lewes 1-1 Weymouth

Maidenhead United 0-0 Dover Athletic

Welling United 1-2 Woking

Weston-Super-Mare 0-1 Staines Town

Worcester City 1-2 Bromley

top_north.gif

AFC Telford United 1-1 Blyth Spartans

Corby Town 3-0 Harrogate Town

Droylsden 2-0 Ilkeston Town

Eastwood Town 1-1 Northwich Victoria

Farsley Celtic 0-3 Alfreton Town

Hyde United 1-0 Stafford Rangers

Redditch United 1-4 Stalybridge Celtic

Solihull Moors 1-2 Fleetwood Town

Southport 3-2 Gloucester City

Vauxhall Motors 2-2 Gainsborough Trinity

Workington 0-1 Hinckley United

Hyde is 1 of my other teams as i watch them sometimes as it's only a 30minute drive from my house to the stadium

Another non-league follower joins the fray! Any more hiding out there?

Good win against Stafford at the weekend BTW. Away to Fleetwood tonight.

EDIT: Hyde 1-0 down. :(

• 5 months later...

After a long delay since the odds for the Blue Square divisions came out' date=' finally we see the odds for the Ryman League, Zamaretto League and Unibond League.

[center']img-rymanlogo.gif[/center]

The Ryman League as ever appears to be the most competitive according to the bookies, with very little separating Sutton, Carshalton and Dartford; with the latter rejoining the division from the Zamaretto league after an absence of a few years. Favourites to go down would appear to be Margate, which as a Dover supporter really upsets me. :D

Sutton 9/2

Carshalton 9/2

Dartford 11/2

Bognor 10/1

Wealdstone 12/1

Tonbridge 14/1

Billericay 14/1

Ashford 20/1

Canvey 20/1

Horsham 20/1

Tooting 20/1

AFC Hornchurch 25/1

Maidstone 25/1

Boreham Wood 25/1

Kingstonian 25/1

Cray 33/1

Hendon 33/1

Hastings 33/1

Aveley 33/1

Waltham Abbey 33/1

Harrow 33/1

Margate 50/1

ZamarettoLeague.jpg

According to the bookies the Zamaretto league will be something of a one-horse race with Farnborough Town being absolute red-hot favourites. However, this is still a division with plenty of teams with non-league pedigree, so don't be surprised to see a few more contenders once the season gets underway.

Farnborough 2/1

Cambridge City 8/1

Truro 10/1

Brackley 10/1

Hednesford 14/1

Leamington 14/1

Chippenham 14/1

Nuneaton 14/1

Hemel Hempsted 16/1

Oxford City 20/1

Swindon Supermarine 20/1

Bashley 25/1

Tiverton 25/1

Evesham 33/1

Bedford 33/1

Didcot 33/1

Rugby 40/1

Clevedon 40/1

Banbury 40/1

Stourbridge 40/1

Merthyr 66/1

Halesowen 80/1

Unibond_League_low_copy.jpg

Finally, the Unibond League sees the joint favourites as Kings Lynn and Bradford Park Avenue; a former Football League side looking to emulate Accrington Stanley in the long-haul back to Football League status. Snapping at their heels are the now famous FC United of Manchester.

Kings Lynn 4/1

Bradford PA 4/1

FC United 8/1

Guiseley 8/1

Nantwich 10/1

Boston 12/1

Burscough 14/1

Kendal 14/1

Marine 16/1

Durham 16/1

Retford 20/1

Hucknall 20/1

Ashton 33/1

Stocksbridge 33/1

Buxton 33/1

North Ferriby 40/1

Matlock 40/1

Whitby 40/1

Frickley 40/1

Worksop 50/1

Ossett Town 66/1

Looks like the bookies got it spot on with Farnborough and also with Dartford but where have Retford come from? I've never even heard of them.

Title favourites Kings lynn went bust, and god help Durham, will they ever get a point?

• 1 year later...

Didn't realise there was a Non-League thread!! :D

Just wanted to drop a note to say good luck to the Dons tomorrow as it is the biggest game in our history without a doubt and we are literally 90 minutes away from reclaiming our rightful place in the Football League.

I can't believe its 9 years since we were formed, it seemed likes yesterday that all the fans gathered on Wimbledon Common to form AFC. Starting at the very bottom of the English football pyramid in the Combined Counties League :o, we have climbed our way through 6 divisions to reach the point we are at now - an absolutely momentous effort by the players, club and fans over the years.

So c'mon lads just play your stuff like we have been doing all season and cap off a spectacular fairytale journey. I will be cheering you on from my living room (Couldn't afford the trip up to Manchester, would have worked out over 200 quid, i'm gutted :()

3708196600_c8bc482d11.jpg

Work your magic Haydon :D

Still 0-0 after 75 minutes..

Into extra time, not watching but it sounds like a good game with plenty of chances

Penalties!

AFC Wimbledon 0-0 Luton

AFC Wimbledon 1-0 Luton

AFC Wimbledon 1-1 Luton

AFC Wimbledon 2-1 Luton

AFC Wimbledon 2-2 Luton

AFC Wimbledon 2-2 Luton

AFC Wimbledon 2-2 Luton

AFC Wimbledon 3-2 Luton

AFC Wimbledon 3-3 Luton

AFC Wimbledon 4-3 Luton

Well done to AFC Wimbledon' date=' superb result for them and finally they are in the football league.

Hopefully it won't be long now before you can play MK in a league game, give them the thrashing they deserve :D[/quote']

Won't be too long before you and Dom and permanently on this thread mate :P

Well done to AFC Wimbledon' date=' superb result for them and finally they are in the football league.

[b']Hopefully it won't be long now before you can play MK in a league game, give them the thrashing they deserve[/b] :D

Thats the plan mate :D:D

They are a pathetic club anyway with a poor fanbase that can't even be bothered to attend their play-off games :D:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Never saw this thread before.

Apart from following preston i also keep my eyes on the local non league sides the main one being bamber bridge of the evo stick north division.

My cousin has just re-signed for brig and scored on his debut today against cammell laird.

In his first spell at brig he finished top scorer in both season's and was wanted by mark hughs who was blackburn manager at the time.

Hoping he can rediscover that form and maybe some one might take a punt on him.

• 2 weeks later...

Woah, never seen this!

As you can tell from my username, I am a Darlington supporter. Currently a dismal 14th in the blue square premier after a 1-0 defeat to Tamworth. Realistically we should be pushing up to the play-offs like Mark Cooper aims for us to finish. We have a good squad, with Liam Hatch clearly one of the better forwards in the division.

Look out for Ryan Bowman this season. Iv seen him play, and he's a decent young player. Could play alot this season.

• 7 months later...

I've posted on this thread before about my second team behind Man City and that's a Manchester club called Hyde who are currently in the Conference North (the league before the Conference). We finished just above the relegation zone last year and there was a big change in Managers, Players, Staff etc etc and now we are just 3 games away from being promoted to the Conference.

As a Hyde fan since I was young this is just unbelieveable. We are currently part owned by Man City (atm you probably stop reading this but please carry on) the Man City owners decided they wanted to help out a local team in Manchester and chosen Hyde and have refurbished our stadium and helped us get out of debt but transfer wise we are still exactly like any other Conference North team. Man City use Hyde's stadium as a reserve team and one thing that still makes me laugh is that Carlos Tevez played in a Man City reserve match just a few months ago.

I've been to nearly every Hyde home game this season along with a few away games and our next 3 games consist of Blyth Spartans (away), Boston United (home) and Histon (away). In my opinion, we deserve to go up considering this season we have been top nearly all season with us winning our first 10 games of the season which amazed me at first but there has been a team based in Leeds called Guiseley who have followed us all the way all season on our tails and we can't mess up in the last 3 which could allow them to leap frog us in the top position. Only 2 teams go up, that's the top spot and the play-off winners. If Hyde do drop into the Play-offs, I'm not confident that we would win the play-offs so the next 3 games are pivotal.

Sorry for the big post but it's worth a read.

I've posted on this thread before about my second team behind Man City and that's a Manchester club called Hyde who are currently in the Conference North (the league before the Conference). We finished just above the relegation zone last year and there was a big change in Managers' date=' Players, Staff etc etc and now we are just 3 games away from being promoted to the Conference.

As a Hyde fan since I was young this is just unbelieveable. We are currently part owned by Man City (atm you probably stop reading this but please carry on) the Man City owners decided they wanted to help out a local team in Manchester and chosen Hyde and have refurbished our stadium and helped us get out of debt but transfer wise we are still exactly like any other Conference North team. Man City use Hyde's stadium as a reserve team and one thing that still makes me laugh is that Carlos Tevez played in a Man City reserve match just a few months ago.

I've been to nearly every Hyde home game this season along with a few away games and our next 3 games consist of Blyth Spartans (away), Boston United (home) and Histon (away). In my opinion, we deserve to go up considering this season we have been top nearly all season with us winning our first 10 games of the season which amazed me at first but there has been a team based in Leeds called Guiseley who have followed us all the way all season on our tails and we can't mess up in the last 3 which could allow them to leap frog us in the top position. Only 2 teams go up, that's the top spot and the play-off winners. If Hyde do drop into the Play-offs, I'm not confident that we would win the play-offs so the next 3 games are pivotal.

Sorry for the big post but it's worth a read.[/quote']

HYDE ARE UP INTO THE CONFERENCE!!!

I'm so proud of our season. I don't regret the pitch invasion!

• 11 months later...

FA Trophy final today between Wrexham and Grimsby, very big crowd there, particularly large support from Wrexham.

Such a bad refereeing decision, and I know he's a non league ref but it's a sackable offence really. Grimsby's Disley with a two footed lunge, both feet of the ground and doesn't get the ball. The referee sees the challenge, gives a free kick, has a word with Disley and no card is given. I thought football league officials were bad, I'm glad I've never had to put up with non league ones.

Televised on S4C, not sure whether you'll be able to view it outside Wales or not.

FA Trophy final today between Wrexham and Grimsby' date=' very big crowd there, particularly large support from Wrexham.

Such a bad refereeing decision, and I know he's a non league ref but it's a sackable offence really. Grimsby's Disley with a two footed lunge, both feet of the ground and doesn't get the ball. The referee sees the challenge, gives a free kick, has a word with Disley and no card is given. I thought football league officials were bad, I'm glad I've never had to put up with non league ones.

Televised on S4C, not sure whether you'll be able to view it outside Wales or not.[/quote']

Yeah, I'm watching the game now. On SkyChannel 134. Not a bad game at the moment, both are decent teams with them both being at the top end of the Conference, watched Grimsby when they came to Hyde in November time and they were pretty good , they did lose 3-2 to us, but my team always seem to put up more of a fight when it comes to playing the big teams and it didn't surprise me that we won. Wrexham come to Hyde next Saturday which I'm looking forward to, I hope Wrexham bring a big large support to Hyde as we never have many come to our games.

I think from watching the first 30mins that Wrexham will win, they look more like a threat but that's just my guess lol.

Yeah' date=' I'm watching the game now. On SkyChannel 134. Not a bad game at the moment, both are decent teams with them both being at the top end of the Conference, watched Grimsby when they came to Hyde in November time and they were pretty good , they did lose 3-2 to us, but my team always seem to put up more of a fight when it comes to playing the big teams and it didn't surprise me that we won. Wrexham come to Hyde next Saturday which I'm looking forward to, I hope Wrexham bring a big large support to Hyde as we never have many come to our games.

I think from watching the first 30mins that Wrexham will win, they look more like a threat but that's just my guess lol.[/quote']

I don't think Wrexham get too many at the moment, compared to say Luton, but when they were in the football league they were getting large numbers. They should bring a lot though considering I don't think it's far between Manchester and Wrexham.

I want Wrexham to win and think they will, they're looking like the better side so far and even if it';s not a comfortable victory they've got Ormerod and Morrell who are more than capable of scoring a match winner when it matters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...