Official NBA Thread

KharN

For any Basketball fans on the forum..

Just start by talking bout your fave team ect.. get ball rolling..

Im a San Antonio Spurs fan myself.. Been playing basketball at "street" level for many years now around scotland and im looking forward to tonights draft even though were #37 and 53 pick lol =/

Re: Official NBA Thread

shaq going to cleveland' date=' wince carter is off to orlando

big fan of ricky rubio - hope he ends up at a proper team and not a wasteland like memphis or the zombie sonics in the draft tonight[/quote']

Well if you don't know by now, Ricky Rubio has been drafted by the Minnesota Timberwolves, who are very much a team in the 'rebuilding process' as they look to build a strong, young team, which has never looked the same since KG was transferred, even when they had KG, at most times struggled to make, or progress into the NBA playoffs in the 'BEASTLY', Western Conference. The thing about Rubio is there is a catch with his current contract which he is under with Spanish team, Joventut Badalona, as Minnesota would have to pay them, (USD)$6.6million, as that's Rubio's, buyout clause, which apparently the 'T-Wolves' expect Rubio to pay for himself, or for him and his agent to negotiate with Joventut Badalona, to reduce the buyout, regardless Minnesota have said they will wait, and are in no hurry, have no intention of transferring Rubio to another team, even though there is said to be around 7 teams interested, one of the big names being the NY Knicks, who I'm sure would have no problem forking out the $6.6million themselves. There has also been said Rubio is unhappy about being drafted by a small market team like Minnesota, as he was quite vocal about wanting to playing for a big market team, so this has many people believing that Rubio will stay in Spain for a few more years and wait till he is traded or released, if that happens then clearly the T-Wolves have made a big mistake, and should probably trade Rubio now, while the buzz is still there. Also on the transfer front, Phoenix Suns, Power-Forward, Amare Stoudemire, could be on his way to Golden State, in a 4 player deal, thus clearly ending the Phoenix Suns era, I certainly hope Steve Nash now leaves in that case for a World Championship team as would love to see him get an NBA title.

• 3 months later...

BUMP

chicago bulls play utah jazz tonight in london and there thinking about doing it regularly id love to go to one if they do and there also thinking of doing NBA Europe which makes sense as a lot of european players do well in the NBA now Gasol,Deng etc

the thought of seeing a NBA Game in london would be amazing:D

Rubio will be in Europe for another year i heard, so forget that one.

It should be really interesting this year, we have 4 really strong teams.

Boston got Wallace, which is a 2 time champ with Detroit, i think that will help them out allot, last year i feel that if KG was with them in the finals they could go far, a team with Wallace, Garnett, Pierce, Allen will be a tough one to beat. But then again it is either this year or never as all those are 30+ aged players.

Magic got Carter, i think that is an improvement over Hedo, it is a tough one though, Carter is an enigma as he always seems to underachieve. If however he proves us wrong, they could go one step further this year.

Cavs got Shaq and i heard he has specially stopped stuffing his face to get the King a title this year, seeing them in the finals with Lakers, with the Shaq vs Kobe feud will be awesome, i think they could do it with their nucleus of players.

Lakers got even stronger with Artest, Ariza was key to Lakers last year, but Artest gives the Lakers the needed toughness. Plus all their team are in their prime, so i expect them to at least get to the finals.

Rubio will be in Europe for another year i heard' date=' so forget that one.

It should be really interesting this year, we have 4 really strong teams.

Boston got Wallace, which is a 2 time champ with Detroit, i think that will help them out allot, last year i feel that if KG was with them in the finals they could go far, a team with Wallace, Garnett, Pierce, Allen will be a tough one to beat. But then again it is either this year or never as all those are 30+ aged players.

Magic got Carter, i think that is an improvement over Hedo, it is a tough one though, Carter is an enigma as he always seems to underachieve. If however he proves us wrong, they could go one step further this year.

Cavs got Shaq and i heard he has specially stopped stuffing his face to get the King a title this year, seeing them in the finals with Lakers, with the Shaq vs Kobe feud will be awesome, i think they could do it with their nucleus of players.

Lakers got even stronger with Artest, Ariza was key to Lakers last year, but Artest gives the Lakers the needed toughness. Plus all their team are in their prime, so i expect them to at least get to the finals.[/quote']

Didn't Rubio sign a daft 5 or 6 year contract with Barcelona a couple of weeks ago? So he definately won't be coming over before this season, I'm pretty sure ESPN reported it had a get out clause where he could leave for the NBA after a season or two though.

I'm an Orlando fan, so I was pretty happy on draft day all told. I do take your point about Carter, but I think theres a subtle difference with the Magic in that he doesn't have the be the main man. For a lot of his time at the Raptors and in New Jersey he was their go to guy and maybe that hung around his neck a little heavy. Now he's got less pressure on him to lead the team with Howard being the undisputed face of the Magic, and guys like Nelson in the background as well. Hopefully he'll flourish in this sort of environment. Wish we could have found some extra in the budget to keep Hedo though, he's a big player, but you can't have it all I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

tn_ae315e72644a7fef8e1ac9c0eb4293e7.png

- NBA 2010 FANTASY BASKET LEAGUE -

JOIN NOW!!!

League Name: Chris's League

-NO password

-Public League

-Where to go: http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/basketball

1. REGISTER

2. Search for: Chris's League

3. JOIN! :)

(you may want to use Internet Explorer when joining as oppose to Firefox, as I myself experienced some problems when trying to join with Firefox, your choice entirely.)

LEAGUE STARTS: October 26th, 2009

Date for picking players & Time: October 26th, 2009 - 9:15pm (EST), 2:15am (UK time)

*PLEASE NOTE, if you cant be on at 2am for those who live in the UK, the CPU will auto-pick your players based on the 'pre-rankings' selection that ESPN has done, which you can edit to your own liking should you like.

CURRENT PEOPLE INVOLED:

Chicago Bulls - Mike White

Orlando Magic - Chris

Hollywood North - Kylan

Denver Nuggets - Jason Pun

Compton Spooks - JT

Toronto Raptors - Lil Kick Kid

Bartlow Ballers - Daz Mac/KNVB

- AVAILABLE SPOT -

- AVAILABLE SPOT -

- AVAILABLE SPOT -

'Sup peoples! Chris... aka Noir has made a Fantasy Basketball League on the ESPN site, as of right now we have 5 people, and need 5 more, feel free to join, live draft is on October 26th, 2009, enjoy and have fun to those whom join. :D

Didn't Rubio sign a daft 5 or 6 year contract with Barcelona a couple of weeks ago? So he definately won't be coming over before this season' date=' I'm pretty sure ESPN reported it had a get out clause where he could leave for the NBA after a season or two though. [/quote']

i've read that if he leaves after year 3 he can get up to a max deal ($13m a year) instead of his standard rookie deal around $2m a year

cant blame him - play in barcelona at a pretty high standard or play for a bad team in a freezing cold city who've never looked like winning bar one season of their existence - hoping he'll end up in somewhere like new york as he'd be great in their run and gun system

Kylan I'm in. Also I'm sure all you UK guys are jealous. I can drop 20 bucks to go see any NBA team and I just have to take the subway a bit to get there. But I still only go to like a game a season. Turkoglu in Toronto now. My Turkish homeboy lol.

cheapest ticket for the preseason game in london was £35!!!

Kylan I'm in. Also I'm sure all you UK guys are jealous. I can drop 20 bucks to go see any NBA team and I just have to take the subway a bit to get there. But I still only go to like a game a season. Turkoglu in Toronto now. My Turkish homeboy lol.

Nice one LKK. I'm in Canada right now. :) Oakville' date=' am here for 4 months, maybe even longer if i decide to stay... again. :eek::D .. and as for ya homeboy Turkoglu, TO will always belong to VC15 bro. :P

[b']How the scoring works in the fantasy league:[/b]

-Its 'Head to Head' so basically each week you'll go up against another team, so whoeva has the most accumulated points from: points scored, assists, rebounds, fouls, etc.... will win that week and get a win in their record. The point is to be in a playoff position in the end of the season where then it goes to knockout stages then. :)

Bartlow Baller's regisiter for their first competition in about 2 1/2 years. Got to get T-Mac or it defeats the purpose of my team name :D

lol Cheers for joining m8 and if you want T-Mac.. well you know i wont be goin for him, so that's one less person you gotta worry about init. ;)

ONLY 3 MORE SPOTS LEFT for the Fantasy league, join now pplz. :)

lol Cheers for joining m8 and if you want T-Mac.. well you know i wont be goin for him' date=' so that's one less person you gotta worry about init. ;)

ONLY 3 MORE SPOTS LEFT for the Fantasy league, join now pplz. :)[/quote']

He's out until late November, hopefully he can recapture his Magic days. Such a player but always injured.

He's out until late November' date=' hopefully he can recapture his Magic days. Such a player but always injured.[/quote']

Yeah i read up on his status today, I thought he'd be a good pick in the late rounds of the fantasy league draft, but i dunno his 'injury prone' rep has thrown me off picking him, i cant see him retaining that form of nearly putting up 30/game, even middle numbers just cause of playing time, you never know, but i can't see it happening.

Nice one LKK. I'm in Canada right now. :) Oakville' date=' am here for 4 months, maybe even longer if i decide to stay... again. :eek::D .. and as for ya homeboy Turkoglu, TO will always belong to VC15 bro. :P

[b']How the scoring works in the fantasy league:[/b]

-Its 'Head to Head' so basically each week you'll go up against another team, so whoeva has the most accumulated points from: points scored, assists, rebounds, fouls, etc.... will win that week and get a win in their record. The point is to be in a playoff position in the end of the season where then it goes to knockout stages then. :)

You're in Oakville??? Awesome! Have you gone to a Toronto FC game? If we make the playoffs I'll invite you to a TFC game. Cheers!

You're in Oakville??? Awesome! Have you gone to a Toronto FC game? If we make the playoffs I'll invite you to a TFC game. Cheers!

Yeah I'm in Oakville dude, actually quite near to the Sheridan College campus here, bout 10 mins walk away. I can feel the snow coming very soon, just in time for Christmas i hope. Haha Toronto FC!? MLS!? I respect there fan base cos they do have a hardcore hub of supporters, probs the best in the MLS, but i don't think I'll ever go to any of there matches m8, I dont rate that league, nor the level of play, WHL till i die! :D Cheers though m8. :) I might hit up some Raps matches though, especially when my bwoi's, D WADE and VC15 are in town, pap em Raptors up init. ;) I think you guys will make the playoffs this year, probs in the 7 spot.

Im an Orlando Magic fan since 1994 i love this team i bleed blue. Now wit the Vince Carter trade, is he an upgrade to Turk absolutely but the reason why Turk was such a great asset to us was because the match up problem that he caused wit teams, try telling a coach to guard D.Howard : 6'11, R.Lewis : 6'10, H. Turk : 6'10, M. Peitrus : 6'6 wen there all on the court at the same time (mind u they all shoot the 3 very well except D. Howard) and he wouldnt know wat to do. We had one of the biggest lineups in the whole league and that was our biggest strength our 2nd was our 3 point threat. We lose a big man in Turk, but we gain an explosive athletic go to guy in V. Carter which is sumthing that we lacked bad last year and he shoots the 3 exceptionally. The one thing i disagreed on this trade was the fact that we lost C. Lee. He was an amazing player for us as a rookie and a future star and i hope we do watever it takes to re-sign him 3 years from now wen he's a FA. Also losing R. Alston(Skip to my Lou) he came in and was told to lead the team at the PG position and he did just that and adding his street ball flare to it only made it better and more fun to watch and he's a FA in a year or two so who knows he might return to us. Although we lost a young Lee we gained a young R. Anderson (from the Carter trade), a PF who's 6'10 and shot 40%+ from 3 point territory last year for the Nets not bad for a PF huh. Now all the talk is around Boston, Cleveland, and L.A go figure, but lets think bout this real quick. Boston is a graveyard waiting to happen with all there old players, are they still contenders? without a doubt but they lost players and gained one all-star, wat will happen wen there players get tired and there bench players come in? Boston is about 5 players thats it and not to mention the GM trying to trade R. Rondo because of his immaturity and bad decision making and the coach(Doc) says that he never listens to him and its difficult to coach Rondo so that will play a part. As for Cleveland they got Shaq to defend Howard, but wat happens wen a 37 year old 300+ pound man tries to run back on defence to catch up to a young fast D. Howard? I think u know the answer to that and also L. James has no shot he gets 83% of his points in the lane meaning he drives to the basket so wen he drives to the basket and sees Shaq clogging up the lane cause of his size then wat happens to L. James? he becomes a shooter which is sumthin that he is not. L.A lose a young athletic T. Ariza and gain probably the best defender in the league and also they kept L. Odom which was huge. The problem wit L.A though is R. Artest is a trouble maker, he's a hot head so his attitude might be a problem. Other than L. Odom who comes off the bench for L.A that can come in and make an impact or keep the game steady for the team? No one, Odom is the only player that can come in and do the job. Orlando Magic lose a young C. Lee, R. Alston, H. Turk, and T. Battie. We gained J. Williams a player who reads the court well has great vision his passing is off the charts and he can shoot the 3, V. Carter, Matt Barnes one of the best defenders and a player who can shoot the 3 and is experienced, B. Bass an up and coming star whos a true PF (which is wat we needed), and we retained M. Gortat who's steller performance last year has people saying that hes one of the best C in the game now and is still growing. The NBA finals will be determined on players talent yes, but also depth and TEAM play sumthin that Orlando Magic have a lot of and the other big teams dont have.

A big thanks to Kylan for posting my league on here i appreciate it. Were almost there 3 spots left guys!!!! Thanks to KNVB and Lil Kick Kid for joining, hopefully u guys like the league, its the first time i created and did a fantasy basketball league so hope everything goes well. Anyone who would like to join or if u know anyone who would like to join they are welcome to and 3 spots are still available. The draft is on the Oct. 26 just to remind ya. Thanks again.

2 spots for the fantasy league left. This is going to be wicked! Draft is on monday. :)

ill join. im not the biggest fan of basketball ?(football/soccer is obviously my main sport!) but when I watch basketball its the Miami Heat (Dwayne Wade is awesome:D) and LA Lakers (love watching Kobe!)