Michael Jackson Dead :(

.RC

Tributes from stars and fans have been pouring in for singer Michael Jackson, who has died aged 50 after suffering a cardiac arrest at his Los Angeles home.

Pop star Madonna said: "The world has lost one of its greats, but his music will live on forever."

Jackson fans gathered outside the UCLA medical centre where he was pronounced dead on Thursday. A post-mortem is set to take place at the centre on Friday.

The star had been due in London for a series of comeback concerts next month.

Musician Sir Paul McCartney said: "I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy-man with a gentle soul."

Jackson fans react to news of his death

The singer's ex-wife Lisa Marie Presley said she was "sad and confused". "This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me."

Pop star Justin Timberlake, who has been compared to Jackson, said: "We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of, not only pop music, but of all music."

The musician added: "He has been an inspiration to multiple generations."

Paramedics were called to the singer's Beverly Hills home at about midday on Thursday after he stopped breathing.

He was pronounced dead two hours later at the UCLA medical centre in west Hollywood. Jackson's brother, Jermaine, said he was believed to have suffered a cardiac arrest.

MICHAEL JACKSON 1958-2009

Michael Jackson in 1972

Full name: Michael Joseph Jackson

Born: August 29, 1958, Gary, Indiana, US

Also known as: The King of Pop, Wacko Jacko

Biggest hits: I Want You Back, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, Billie Jean, Bad, Black or White, Earth Song

Obituary: Remarkable talent

Life in pictures

Tributes paid to Michael Jackson

Speaking on behalf of the Jackson family, Jermaine said doctors had tried to resuscitate the star for more than an hour without success.

He added: "The family request that the media please respect our privacy during this tough time."

"And Allah be with you Michael, always. I love you."

Jackson, who had a history of health problems, had been due to stage 50 concerts at the O2 arena in London, beginning on 13 July.

Concerns were raised last month when four of Jackson's planned comeback shows were postponed, but organisers insisted the dates had been moved due to the complexity of staging the show.

A spokeswoman for The Outside Organisation, which was organising the publicity for the shows, said she had no comment at this time.

'Consummate entertainer'

Broadcaster Paul Gambaccini said: "I always doubted that he would have been able to go through that schedule, those concerts. It seemed to be too much of a demand on the unhealthy body of a 50 year old.

"I'm wondering, as we find out details of his death, if perhaps the stress of preparing for those dates was a factor in his collapse.

"It was wishful thinking that at this stage of his life he could be Michael Jackson again."

But in the last few hours, these people have been singing his songs, dancing, there was a guy on a keyboard earlier, playing his songs for people to dance along to.

This has turned into an impromptu celebration of Michael Jackson's music. He's the King of Pop as far as they're concerned. They're still shocked by his sudden death, but they're here because they want to show their support.

Following the news of his death, the singer's albums are currently occupying the top 15 slots of online music retailer Amazon.com's best-seller chart, led by his 1982 smash hit Thriller.

Bands playing at the Glastonbury Festival this weekend are also expected to pay tribute to Jackson's musical achievements.

Thriller Live, a tribute show to featuring the star's music in London's West End, announced it would go ahead.

A minute's silence will be held before the performance and the lights outside the Lyric Theatre, in Shaftesbury Avenue, will be dimmed as a mark of respect.

Paramedics were called to the singer's house in Bel Air at 1221 (1921GMT) where they performed CPR on Jackson, before rushing him to hospital.

A spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department said the robbery and homicide team was investigating Jackson's death because of its "high profile", but there was no suggestion of foul play.

Biggest seller

Jackson began his career as a child in family group The Jackson 5.

He went on to achieve global fame as a solo artist with smash hits such as Billie Jean and Bad.

:(:( King of Music :( :(

Re: Micheal Jackson Dead :(

He may have been, he may not have been. There's too much money and intent involved from all parties, too much backroom dealings for us to know anything about it, other from what the tabloids say. We all know we can trust tabloids, right?

Point is, he touched millions (no, don't read me wrong) and his death is an emotionnal period for many. I know I'll always remember where I was when I heard and from who. It's not up to us to decide if he was guilty or not, definatly not today.

I wish others would take insiders point of view, many people love MJ for his music and his creativeness tbf, today is not a day for allegations or jokes,

Twas wierd I was out clubbing when I heard the news and an "Billie Jean" was on, and the girl I was dancin with was gutted aswel as myself, Had to moonwalk my way around her to show my appreciation for the great one that is MJ :P;)

He may be dead, but his music will live on forever!!

Right i was part of a conversation like this last night, and some of the jokes i've heard off people on this forum are sickening and downright dis-respectful.

Michael Jackson. King Of Pop. A man that not only changed the state of world music for the better, but a singer, songwriter, dancer, choreographer, producer a director who is now no longer with us. I feel blessed to have been able to live in a world where Michael Jackson was alive which is very controversial. Some of his songs even though they were before my time opened my eye to music on a wider scale, and if you ask anybody round the world, i suspect more than 75% of people will have heard of Michael Jackson, whether it be for good or bad reasons. His music will go down in history as some of the greatest tracks of the last century as ranging from dance classics such as Billie Jeane to more serious and loving songs such as Ben and You are Not Alone, they are relevant to anybody and have had a massive effect on bands who have gone to create music which many of SM Forum users will like. Big Artists such as Akon, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Celine Dion have all come out in numbers saying that they respected the man and to lose him so suddenly is heart breaking. Without Michael Jackson, would the above artists have been just as successful? I very much doubt so.

It's understandable that on the issue of Michael Jackson people will simply remember him as a Paedophile, Sexual Harrasser etc, but who are we to judge. It's his private life and his choice what he wishes to do whether it be morrallly right or wrong. To me, i have taken into account what he may or may have not done but nobody is criminal till proven guilty. If he did what was stated i fully disgaree with these actions and share avery strict, negative view towards them. But regardless, i still renoun him as one of the most influential yet contreversial pop artists of my time and certainly in many of your parents time. Michael Jackson, King Of Pop. 1958 -2009. Rest In Peace.

He was never convicted so...... An apsolute true legend still cannot believe it was only listening to Billy Jean last night oblivious he was dying. He may have had his problems but when he announced concerts i thought the real king of music was returning

This thread is turning just right into the one I created last night which was closed for talking about Jacksons personal affairs. :rolleyes:

Isn't this the part where a mod comes on says any disrespectful or not any on-topic posts will be infracted?

Edit - Oops just saw Georges post. :o Looks like some people aren't listening.

Long live Michael Jackson. It is sickening to think people think so lowly of you.

Re: Michael Jackson Dead :(

Ok chaps ive just spent a bit of time cleaning this thread up ,sorry for some of you members that have had posts removed by me which were not out of place with what you said ,but most were to replies of quotes that were distasefull at this moment in time ,so cleared them out the way so i can re-open this thread .

I am a father myself and a grandfather of fantastic grand kids so have my personal views and hatred with child molesters ,cruelty to kids etc .

But this is not the thread for me to air them on or others member .

From this post onwards it will stay repectfull and be used for any members that want to pay tribute to him for his Music so forth.

All distasefull jokes or personal remarks on what "we think he may have done or was " will be kept to ourselves and not on here ,this thread is now open for members only that want to pay their own tribute .

You dont like the man or the person he became you are allowed to have that opinion ,but please dont put it on here pass this thread by .

Thank you for your co-operation .:)

Re: Michael Jackson Dead :(

People call him the king of pop but I think that is to restrictive a term. He was the king of music, the greatest solo artist and performer to ever live. end of.

The generation before us had Elvis, we had MJ. The way music is now I can't see anyone coming along anytime soon that could be put in the same bracket as them.

The first album I ever bought was Dangerous. I'm gutted.