Carlo Ancelotti:How Long Will He Last?

Nickywright

This is a thread bout Ancelotti himself. How long will he last as the faithful manger of Chelsea F.C. Oh and the bigger question, where will get go next. Ancelotti won't stay long to me. I think he will move, like Jose did and Scorlari. They both lasted a few season. Grant was the worst, though. Lost Carling Cup, European Cup and runners up in ONE year. That's a treble miss. And the worst thing two of those were to their rivals Manchester United. And then they lost the Carling Cup to Tottenham Hotspurs. Will Ancelotti do the same?

Re: Carlo Ancelotti:How Long Will He Last?

You sure about that? I know he isn't great' date=' losing the Champions Final when his team was 3nil up but he ain't that bad. At least a season, I reckon.[/quote']

That wasn't exactly his fault was it? He'll stay a while I think, hes a good manager and as long as he control the ego's he'll do fine. As a side note. What did Grant do wrong? He brought the title down to the last game of the season, got to a domestic cup final and the Champs league final. After the turmoil following Mourinho's exit that isn't half bad. Scolari was the worst of the lot, they fell out of the title race, doing badly in the Champs league, almost got upsetted in the FA cup and a few players wanted to leave, key players. Grant did a great job compared to that.

The only Chelsea managers over the last 20-30 years that i can think of who were loved by all the fans are Jose and Gus. Doubt if Jose will return to the promised land but as for Gus, well he's a man of honour and the world cup is next summer and he's committed to Russia until then. The fact Zhirkov is off to the Bridge does not surprise me. Reckon if Ancelotti delivers the Champions League then he'll be off in the summer anyway when Gus returns. As for Grant, personally I reckon he did a fine job as when he took the team over the club were struggling for goals. Sure they missed out on Silverware however they should have won the CL and gave United some scares in the league.

That wasn't exactly his fault was it? He'll stay a while I think' date=' hes a good manager and as long as he control the ego's he'll do fine. As a side note. What did Grant do wrong? He brought the title down to the last game of the season, got to a domestic cup final and the Champs league final. After the turmoil following Mourinho's exit that isn't half bad. Scolari was the worst of the lot, they fell out of the title race, doing badly in the Champs league, almost got upsetted in the FA cup and a few players wanted to leave, key players. Grant did a great job compared to that.[/quote']

I don't think your getting the point. To get two three, cup races and lose EVERY single one isn't good. He should have won one.

Its ONE game of football, the final. He lost on penalties in the Champs league and to an extra time goal in the Carling. Not as if they were battered and deserved to lose, because they didn't. They were unlucky, thats the way football goes and personally I believe he should of been given a chance of a full season. But thats my opinion.

Ancelotti is a seriously overrated media invention.....2 champions league wins is fair enough but he has only ever won ONE serie A title (in about 15 attempts) and has left Milan in a total state with all the golden oldies.

Add that to the language barrier and it all points to an early departure and yet another massive payoff for Chelsea to suffer!

Abramovich must rue the day he decided to not make the effort to get on with Jose ;)

I can see them playing like Milan - rubbish, defensively and with no flair. Pretty much the typical Chelsea of Mourinho/Grant. Milan had a tendancy to lose the stupidest of games (2-1 at home to Bolonga, 3-2 at home to Reggina). But he had a really good record at home last season, winning 14/19 games. The only problem is the previous season they won just seven games at home in that season (2007-2008).

Whether he'll do well or not is beyondd me, though.

Ancelotti is a seriously overrated media invention.....2 champions league wins is fair enough but he has only ever won ONE serie A title (in about 15 attempts) and has left Milan in a total state with all the golden oldies.

Add that to the language barrier and it all points to an early departure and yet another massive payoff for Chelsea to suffer!

Abramovich must rue the day he decided to not make the effort to get on with Jose ;)

That's quite ignorant tbh. How many of the golden oldies did HE buy? Probably very few.

I can see them playing like Milan - rubbish' date=' defensively and with no flair. Pretty much the typical Chelsea of Mourinho/Grant. Milan had a tendancy to lose the stupidest of games (2-1 at home to Bolonga, 3-2 at home to Reggina). But he had a really good record at home last season, winning 14/19 games. The only problem is the previous season they won just seven games at home in that season (2007-2008).

Whether he'll do well or not is beyondd me, though.[/quote']

Another ignorant post. How many times have you actually seen Milan play? They are probably the only serie A side worth watching apart from Inter and even that's questionable. And they had plenty of flair

That's quite ignorant tbh. How many of the golden oldies did HE buy? Probably very few.

I'm not really sure how the post is ignorant' date=' and he could sold off a few of them and bought fresh faces. He was at Milan for something like seven seasons so that's enough time to shift the pensioners.

Another ignorant post. How many times have you actually seen Milan play? They are probably the only serie A side worth watching apart from Inter and even that's questionable. And they had plenty of flair

Again I don't see any ignorance in my post. Serie A in general is in a decline. Poor stadia, lack of funding and high crime rate generally deter players from the league. The only reason its still even mentioned in the bracket of La Liga and the EPL (because it really shouldn't) is because it still has a lot of class players who haven't moved and also because UEFA are stupid enough to not slap a million year ban on them for their fans. That's why I see a decline in flair.

BUT that's got nothing to do with Ancelloti leaving. All I see is another team of pensioners who are going in the same direction as Milan (woohoo!). Abramovich might not sack him straight away but if they don't go and buy a few youngsters (I think Sturridge will get little playing time because Anelka, Drogba and Pizzaro are all better at this time) and they do badly it will be the manager who gets the blame even though it isn't necessarily his fault, just like with Luiz Felipe Scolari.

I'm not really sure how the post is ignorant' date=' and he could sold off a few of them and bought fresh faces. He was at Milan for something like seven seasons so that's enough time to shift the pensioners.

Again I don't see any ignorance in my post. Serie A in general is in a decline. Poor stadia, lack of funding and high crime rate generally deter players from the league. The only reason its still even mentioned in the bracket of La Liga and the EPL (because it really shouldn't) is because it still has a lot of class players who haven't moved and also because UEFA are stupid enough to not slap a million year ban on them for their fans. That's why I see a decline in flair.

BUT that's got nothing to do with Ancelloti leaving. All I see is another team of pensioners who are going in the same direction as Milan (woohoo!). Abramovich might not sack him straight away but if they don't go and buy a few youngsters (I think Sturridge will get little playing time because Anelka, Drogba and Pizzaro are all better at this time) and they do badly it will be the manager who gets the blame even though it isn't necessarily his fault, just like with Luiz Felipe Scolari.[/quote']

I think he was being sarcastic. Although, I could be wrong.

And , to be honest, I don't rate Ancelloti and I am pretty sure he won't be there for too long

I'm not really sure how the post is ignorant' date=' and he could sold off a few of them and bought fresh faces. He was at Milan for something like seven seasons so that's enough time to shift the pensioners.[/quote']

You don't get my point. Ancelotti had little to no hand in the transfer dealings at Milan. It was all the owners.

Again I don't see any ignorance in my post. Serie A in general is in a decline. Poor stadia' date=' lack of funding and high crime rate generally deter players from the league. The only reason its still even mentioned in the bracket of La Liga and the EPL (because it really shouldn't) is because it still has a lot of class players who haven't moved and also because UEFA are stupid enough to not slap a million year ban on them for their fans. That's why I see a decline in flair.

BUT that's got nothing to do with Ancelloti leaving. All I see is another team of pensioners who are going in the same direction as Milan (woohoo!). Abramovich might not sack him straight away but if they don't go and buy a few youngsters (I think Sturridge will get little playing time because Anelka, Drogba and Pizzaro are all better at this time) and they do badly it will be the manager who gets the blame even though it isn't necessarily his fault, just like with Luiz Felipe Scolari.[/quote']

I don't know what you are on about but Milan for me were the best team to watch in the serie A, hence the post being called ignorant after you accuse them of being boring which they clearly are not.

You don't get my point. Ancelotti had little to no hand in the transfer dealings at Milan. It was all the owners.

Is he not the prime minister of Italy (the owner)? No surprises they were allowed back into the CL in the 2006-2007 season' date=' went on to win it qand the Club World Cup that followed. :)

I don't know what you are on about but Milan for me were the best team to watch in the serie A, hence the post being called ignorant after you accuse them of being boring which they clearly are not.

That's an opinion and not a fact therefore it is not ignorant. :)

I think Serie A as a whole is a lacklustred league and is something like 10 years behind continental Europe in infrastructure and money and about a million years behind the EPL. :)

Also like someone has said he's one just the single title in eight years and hasn't won anything domestically with Milan more than once. He's won the CL twice with them but they had already won it five times beforehand. It's going to be tough to get a side who has never won it before to actually win it. In all honesty, I think most of those players still have Moscow in their minds because the bulk of that side were in the squad for that match. :)