World's Current Best Player (Excluding Ronaldo + Messi)

Guest Atkin

World's Current Best Player (Excluding Ronaldo + Messi)  

1. 1.

• Steven Gerrard
    • Kaka
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Jose Fernando Torres
    • Andres Iniesta
    • Hernandez Xavi
    • Frank Ribery
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Nemanja Vidic
    • Other?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Atkin

Re: World's Current Best Player (Excluding Ronaldo + Messi)

I voted for Vidic.

Defenders dont get much recognition but for what he does he is amazing, I think he is quallity for United and could walk into any team in the world.

:):o

I voted for Vidic.

Defenders dont get much recognition but for what he does he is amazing' date=' I think he is quallity for United and could walk into any team in the world.

:):o[/font']

Yeah, I agree defenders don't get (enough) recognition.

Tbf though, most players on that list could walk into any team in the world. :D

Guest Atkin

Yeah' date=' I agree defenders don't get (enough) recognition.

Tbf though, most players on that list could walk into any team in the world. :D[/quote']

lol yeah, its getting late.

I meant like make a great impact and be a key player.

:)

Gerrard is the most complete player in the world, and that makes him the best :D

Iniesta is good, but he can't be compared to gerrard yet imo. A footballer needs to be judged not only by his skills, but his drive, passion, leadership, loyalty and how he makes himself a role model.

Gerrard has it all :D

I've voted for Kaka, a year ago I considered him the best player in the world, and, he hasn't gone downhill by much. On his day, he could embarrass Fabregas and Ribery. I don't rate Iniesta that much, he's a very good player, but I don't think he should be considered one of the best in the world. No mention for Lampard, Eto'o, Drogba or Henry? I think they are all better players than Iniesta.

I've voted for Kaka' date=' a year ago I considered him the best player in the world, and, he hasn't gone downhill by much. On his day, he could embarras Fabregas and Ribery. I don't rate Iniesta that much, he's a very good player, but I don't think he should be considered one of the best in the world.[/quote']

Yes the man who dragged Barcelona through the final 2 rounds of the champions league is a bit average isn't he :rolleyes:

Yes the man who dragged Barcelona through the final 2 rounds of the champions league is a bit average isn't he :rolleyes:

Never said he was average. Against United, while Iniesta was very good, it was a team effort, and no one player won the game for them in my opinion.

Never said he was average. Against United' date=' while Iniesta was very good, it was a team effort, and no one player won the game for them in my opinion.[/quote']

He was just as influential as Messi, Eto'o or any of the others that night, and won the semi final for them with virtually the last kick. He is world class, anyone with fully functioning eyes can see that :o

The fact you put Kaka (who has done very little for the past 2 years) ahead of Iniesta and Gerrard says it all for me B)

He was just as influential as Messi' date=' Eto'o or any of the others that night, and won the semi final for them with virtually the last kick. He is world class, anyone with fully functioning eyes can see that :o

The fact you put Kaka (who has done very little for the past 2 years) ahead of Iniesta and Gerrard says it all for me B)[/quote']

Maybe he was, but, if Iniesta hadn't had played, I think there is still a very good chance Barcelona would have still won.

Kaka is a brilliant player. What he does on the ball, and the threat he provides for opposition defences, and the way he supplements the attack is very good. He is a great playmaker.

Why hasn't Kaka done anything for the past 2 years?

The order in quality I would put those players in is:

1. Kaka

2. Steven Gerrard/ Hernandez Xavi

3. Jose Fernando Torres

4. Cesc Fabregas

5. Andres Iniesta

6. Nemanja Vidic

7. Franck Ribery

8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Maybe he was' date=' but, if Iniesta hadn't had played, I think there is still a very good chance Barcelona would have still won.

Kaka is a brilliant player. What he does on the ball, and the threat he provides for opposition defences, and the way he supplements the attack is very good. He is a great playmaker.

Why hasn't Kaka done anything for the past 2 years?[/quote']

Injuries and a poor Milan side, matey. Hopefully next year he'll be back on top (from a neutrals perspective).

Maybe he was' date=' but, if Iniesta hadn't had played, I think there is still a very good chance Barcelona would have still won.

Milan have been off the pace in Europe and in Serie A since they last won the Champions League in 2007. Kaka has done very little to truly inspire his team and drag them through even when struggling....that is what the best players do.

He is a great player, 2 years ago he was one of the best but now he is no longer on the same level as Messi, Ronaldo or Gerrard. If he can recapture his form at Real Madrid we shall see. I personally have my doubts.....

He was just as influential as Messi' date=' Eto'o or any of the others that night, and won the semi final for them with virtually the last kick. He is world class, anyone with fully functioning eyes can see that :o

The fact you put Kaka (who has done very little for the past 2 years) ahead of Iniesta and Gerrard says it all for me B)[/quote']

I would say he was more influential than any of them on the night.

How can you rate Iniesta as an average player? You cant have watched him much or even at all if you come out with a statement like that. Either that or you don't have a clue what a good footballer. Ask any of the Barca players who they think is the best in the world... they will say Iniesta. I believe this season its been very close as to has been the better between Messi and Iniesta, Messi probably just edges it with Iniesta in 2nd.