World's Current Best Player (Excluding Ronaldo + Messi)

World's Current Best Player (Excluding Ronaldo + Messi)  

1. 1.

• Steven Gerrard
    • Kaka
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Jose Fernando Torres
    • Andres Iniesta
    • Hernandez Xavi
    • Frank Ribery
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Nemanja Vidic
    • Other?

Re: World's Current Best Player (Excluding Ronaldo + Messi)

After Messi and Ronaldo I'd have:

3. Iniesta - ALWAYS influences the game positively. Barcelona and Spain rely on him a lot! He is such a small agile and skillful player. In my opinion, he needs to shoot more often.

4. Xavi - Keeps possession, distributes the ball well and has great vision. If the opposition can't get the ball, how can they win? Xavi and Iniesta know each other really well and would be the best CM combination in the game last season.

5. Gerrard - A complete player who can do pretty much everything. He can lift the game but can also be anonymous at times which is why I rate him lower than Xavi.

6. Ribery - Great player, shame he is still in the Bundesliga with Lahm as his team mate. If he was in the EPL getting past 'world class' defenders with the ease that he was last season, I'd probably rate him higher.

7. Kaka - In my opinion, hasn't had a great season that's why he's all the way down here. Hopefully his touch will come back playing at Madrid.

8. Vidic - He is the best defender hands down. The only reason why he can't be at the top of this list is that the position he plays can't influence the game. It is difficult for him to be the player who wins games for the team when they are down (Unless he heads the ball in from the corner which happens rather often)

9. Ibrahimovic - Good skills, deathly accurate. He and Maicon are the only players Inter need to win, which proves how weak Seria has become and is illustrated by a woeful CL campaign for Italian teams. Also, I still think he is a big game choker.

10. Fernando Torres - great first season at Liverpool but after his injury, he hasn't quite found that form in my opinion. Also, he doesn't play very well for Spain which is disappointing. He did score the hat trick in the Confederations Cup, but Spain were easily dominating, Torres should have stood out more against the USA...

Edit: I didn't even rate Fabregas. I think his form has dipped a lot since his injury. It showed as he couldn't inspire Arsenal in the latter stages of the competition, and I think his performance at the Confederations Cup was average.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The order in quality I would put those players in is:

1. Kaka

2. Steven Gerrard/ Hernandez Xavi

3. Jose Fernando Torres

4. Cesc Fabregas

5. Andres Iniesta

6. Nemanja Vidic

7. Franck Ribery

8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Fabregas is not as good/influential (esp. in national team) as Iniesta now. :D

Kaka's injury had dragged him a lot.

However, Iniesta won the La Liga MVP of the season despite the fact that he was injured for quite a few times last season and missed some games.

One interesting fact

Barca lost 3 times with Xavi last season in total. But with Iniesta, Barca had not lost any single match since last September, after their loss in turn 1 (the only match Iniesta played on the losing side in the whole 08/09 season)

Also, Spain hasn't lost a single match with Iniesta ever since 2006... Personally I think Spain's legendary unbeaten record was terminated partially due to the absence of Iniesta.;)

I voted Xavi (coz I think he's great!) but really, for me, he is tied with Gerrard and Iniesta aswell.

Maybe you should have different categories? Like best defender, best midfielder etc. Coz it's not easy comparing Vidic and Kaka lol

YES! You hardly have the right to call my posts ridiculous when you say Higuain is better than Rooney or summat

:mad: he said Higuian is better than Rooney??? Sorry but that is the stupidest thing I've heard, now THAT is ridiculous!

:mad: he said Higuian is better than Rooney??? Sorry but that is the stupidest thing I've heard' date=' now THAT is ridiculous![/quote']

Please quote me on this, you continually refer back to this, but I have yet to see you actually show me when I posted this. I was not the one who lied about taping Madrid games and then referencing things that didn't happen in those games...o yea, and I did QUOTE you, something you have yet to do about my Supposed Higuain/Rooney post. I would love to see the quote :rolleyes: But if it doesn't exist I don't blame you for giving up.

Please quote me on this' date=' you continually refer back to this, but I have yet to see you actually show me when I posted this. I was not the one who lied about taping Madrid games and then referencing things that didn't happen in those games...o yea, and I did QUOTE you, something you have yet to do about my [i']Supposed[/i] Higuain/Rooney post. I would love to see the quote :rolleyes: But if it doesn't exist I don't blame you for giving up.

if I can find it most certainly but I remember showing it to you. Guess you couldn't believe how stupid you are...

Please quote me on this' date=' you continually refer back to this, but I have yet to see you actually show me when I posted this. I was not the one who lied about taping Madrid games and then referencing things that didn't happen in those games...o yea, and I did QUOTE you, something you have yet to do about my [i']Supposed[/i] Higuain/Rooney post. I would love to see the quote :rolleyes: But if it doesn't exist I don't blame you for giving up.

got a bit messed up there. According to you Higuain is better than Tevez and very much on par with Rooney.(my mistake I thought it was the other way round). Still dosen't diminish the stupidity of the post:rolleyes: Higuain better than Tevez:rolleyes: And on par with Rooney:rolleyes:

Tevez is hugely overrated. He is like Rooney' date=' but without much more to add. Higuain is better than Tevez

Higuain and Rooney are very on par in my book.[/quote']

Yea that seems fair.

Higuain is a better player than Tevez, all carlitos has on him is his workrate, besides that Higuain outclasses by a long shot.

And also, Rooney is a much more powerful player, but technique and skillwise I think Higuain is a bit ahead, so maybe Rooney is slightly better, but only slightly, i'd give Rooney a 95 and Higuain a 94/93, tevez on the other hand should be a 91/92

Guest Football8

Higuain is the future, I think Higuain is like Torres but just slightly not as good as him. Torres 96, Higuain 94, to put it.

Higuain is the future' date=' I think Higuain is like Torres but just slightly not as good as him. Torres 96, Higuain 94, to put it.[/quote']

Higuain 94 lol. :)

You really think he's just as good as Del Piero etc? In the future maybe, but now..? Definitely not :)

If Higuain is 94 then Marcus Stewart should be 99 B)

Guest Football8

Higuain 94 lol. :)

You really think he's just as good as Del Piero etc? In the future maybe' date=' but now..? Definitely not :)

If Higuain is 94 then Marcus Stewart should be 99 B)[/quote']

Atm the way he's going he could be one of the top 3 strikers in the world in a few years, also I have no clue why Maradona ain't picked him for the Argentina squad :eek: I think it's the drugs he took, preventing him from calling Higuain up. :):o

Atm the way he's going he could be one of the top 3 strikers in the world in a few years' date=' also I have no clue why Maradona ain't picked him for the Argentina squad :eek: I think it's the drugs he took, preventing him from calling Higuain up. :):o[/quote']

or maybe because there are at least 4 strikers better than him atm:rolleyes:

Higuan to 94 made me chuckle. Rooney to 98 me thinks then:rolleyes:

Guest Football8

or maybe because there are at least 4 strikers better than him atm:rolleyes:

Higuan to 94 made me chuckle. Rooney to 98 me thinks then:rolleyes:

Messi, Aguero and Higuain would be the top 3 Argentine strikers for me.

Argentina have World Class strikers but not so good midfield/defense/goalkeeper.

Messi' date=' Aguero and Higuain would be the top 3 Argentine strikers for me.

Argentina have World Class strikers but not so good midfield/defense/goalkeeper.[/quote']

another lunatic.

Tevez is definitely much better than Higuain and so is Diego Milito. And why bring Argentina midfield/defense into the thread:confused: