Sign in to follow this  
wozza

Welcome to the Football League - Burton Albion EC 3853

123_front_small.gif736_1199781494.gif11_front_small.gif

Welcome to the Football League

Burton Albion

After pretty much falling out of love with this game, and now I've had a good long break from it, and up for a fresh challenge. The Aim - to build a solid side at Burton Albion.

The Brewers, who finished as Champions in the Blue Square Premier League in the 2008/2009 season, entered the Football League for the first time in 102 years, when the were originally named as Burton United FC.

In the 1950's, they changed their name to Burton Albion FC, where they had'nt tasted any Football League action.... til now.

The 08/09 season was quite a terrific season all round for the Brewers. The worked started off from now Derby County manager Nigel Clough, and finished off by Paul McFarland. Burton went 18 games unbeaten, winning 14 of them in a row, and were over 30 points clear going into Boxing Day.

By the Beginning of May, on the final Day of the season, Burton Albion were promoted to the Football League.

Stride-001.jpg

My Targets for the first season are:

• To finish in Mid-Table
  • To get a squad with depth and quality (Players rated 73+)
  • To get a mixture of Youth and Experience

My Aim is to get Burton as high as possible. I will update the progress I am making when I can.

UP THE BREWERS!

Burton-001.jpg

Guest Toggs

Re: Welcome to the Football League - Burton Albion EC 3853

Tooken Burton in EC3852 :D

Expect plenty of foreigners and after as little as a season, a much better side than Wozza's :)

Burton Albion

Latest News

Its all been Go Go Go at the Pirelli Stadium, as I've managed to make bids for at least 11 players, but not all of them have been successful so far.

I made 3 loan bids yesterday, and these were for Derby County's Nacer Barazite, Man Utd's Rodrigo Possebon and Tottenham Midfielder John Bostock.

Only one of the 3 have been accepted, and that is Rodrigo Possebon, the young Brazilian Midfielder, who should be a good addition to my Burton Squad.

I have also made loan bids for another player, but I don't really want to reveal who that is just yet.

rodrigo_possebon.jpg

Possebon joins the Brewers on a Season Loan.

Ive also had a total of 4 bids accepted, which should be completed today if nothing goes wrong. I also have 2 bids sitting on the table for clubs, and I am waiting for a response.

The bids which have been accepted and the players who will be due to be wearing a Brewers shirt are Norwich City Midfielder Matthew Gill, Derby County Defender Jason Beardsley, Left Back Dean Moxey of Exeter City, and Center back John Brayford of Crewe Alexandra.

These 4 should all be good additions to the defensive game for next season, as I try to rebuild Burton who have a low squad count.

1301_1215613357.jpg34784_1226658673.jpg16922_1210548617.jpg16977_1236511385.jpg

All set to sign permanently.

I have also recieved my first bid for one of my players, who is Defender Andy Corbett, which has been accepted for a fee of 35k, who is heading to Serbian outfit Mladost Apatin.

0,,10423~3521639,00.jpg

Over and out: Andy Corbett departs the Pirelli

So a busy day yesterday at the Pirelli Stadium, but its expected to get busier, As I look to bloster my squad, so my team can compete next season.

UP THE BREWERS!

295728555_cf2601e1b1.jpg?v=0

736_1199781494.gif

Burton Update:

Have Had 3 Bids For Forerigers Accepted Which Are Ola Kamara, Hakon Skogseid and Vegar Hegen Hedenestad. All 10 k

:) Have Another 35 Players Coming In Hopefully By The End Of The Day :)

Bought 39 Players And Still Have 750k Left In The Bank :)

39? jesus, I bet they are all like 40 year old rejects who are at the end of there careers then ;) at least im building for the future as well as now :):rolleyes:

Anyway, recieved 2 more bids for Darren Stride and Aaron Webster, the 2 longest serving players at the club, which have both been accepted, Stride leaving for 11k and Webster leaving for 10k.

3 Deals have been completed, Midfielder Matthew Gill, Defender Marc Muniesa and Defender John Brayford have all signed as expected, with the bids being accepted yesterday.

Still waiting for the Beardsley and the Moxey deal to come through, but should be completed very soon.

Ive also had a bid accepted for Swindon Town Striker Barry Corr for an undisclosed fee. Ive also made a bid for a unamed striker, which I am still waiting for a reply.

Guest Toggs

Ive signed 15. Outbidded on a couple of Russians but so is life. :)

Another 25 too arrive :D

39? jesus' date=' I bet they are all like 40 year old rejects who are at the end of there careers then ;) at least im building for the future as well as now :):rolleyes:

[/b']

Nope ;)

Most Are 10k Youngsters :)

EDIT: http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=577562&clubid=14907712&sid=28230

Look At The Team :)

Bought 3 Russians, All Rised :)

Evgeni MAKEEV has had his rating increased to Rating Increase 82

Aleksandr DENISOV has had his rating increased to Rating Increase 76

Georgi SCHENNIKOV has had his rating increased to Rating Increase 83

:D

Got Stanislas on loan, trying to shift them out really more then trying to bring them in, brought in a couple of Brazilian Youngsters but trying to bring in young and experienced British talent.

Currently have 1.7m in the bank.

Bought 3 Russians' date=' All Rised :)

Evgeni MAKEEV has had his rating increased to Rating Increase 82

Aleksandr DENISOV has had his rating increased to Rating Increase 76

Georgi SCHENNIKOV has had his rating increased to Rating Increase 83

:D[/quote']

Mate what are you on about :L

I have Denisov Schennikov and Makeev lmao :L

Schennikov chairman value 6.3 Mil i only bought him for about 500k a few days ago :)

Mersudin AHMETOVIC also rised and is now worth 3 million with a rating of 80 :)

Ngog got recalled by pool

good signing in muniesa i believe you beat my bid by 25k :P

Mate what are you on about :L

I have Denisov Schennikov and Makeev lmao :L

Schennikov chairman value 6.3 Mil i only bought him for about 500k a few days ago :)

Mersudin AHMETOVIC also rised and is now worth 3 million with a rating of 80 :)

Ngog got recalled by pool

good signing in muniesa i believe you beat my bid by 25k :P

I'm In A Different EC Than You :rolleyes::P

I have bought in 8 permanently and 3 on loan so far before tomorrow's game.

I plan to have 4 more new players to come in before the first game against Shrewsbury tomorrow.

So below is the In's and Outs of My Burton Albion:

INS (11):

Matthew Gill

Jason Beardsley

Marc Muniesa

Dean Moxey

John Brayford

Barry Corr

Barbosa Maylson

Maksim Grigorev

Junior Stanislas (Loan)

Thomas Kaminski (Loan)

Rodrigo Possebon (Loan)

OUTS (5):

Andy Corbett

Aaron Webster

Darren Stride

Tony James

Kevin Poole

I am hoping to get rid of quite a few more to bring in some income, but it's quite hard, as not alot of people are interested in 10k 60 rated players are they :o

Taishi TSUKAMOTO Rises +6 for bradford which makes him 78

Bradfords Risers so far:-

TSUKAMOTO, Taishi bought for 50k , Chairman value now 1.5 million , 72-78

OSAKO, Yuya bought for 250k , Chairman value now 4.4 million , 74-82

AHMETOVIC, Mersudin bought for 700k , chairman value now 2.4 million , 77-80

DENISOV, Aleksandr bought for 10k , chairman value now 900k , 71-76

MAKEEV, Evgeni bought for 225k chairman value now 4.8 million , 74-82

SCHENNIKOV, Georgi bought for 200k chairman value now 6.1 million , 74-83

Burton Albion

Warren's Revolution off to Winning Ways

736_1199781494.gif1-0487_1223894725.jpg

Sam Warren described Burton's first win in the Football League as delightful, as he watched his side fight for a 1-0 win over a very solid Shrewsbury side.

The first half was reasonably quiet for both sides, the best chance of the first half fell to Brewers' new Russian Center Forward Maksim Grigorev, who hit the post on a 1-on-1 opportunity. A good chance also fell to Irish Forward Barry Corr, and Center Half John Brayford, as the Brewers went into half time, dominating their first Football League game in more than 102 years.

BarryCorr_563343.jpg

Barry Corr looked dangerous up front alongside Young Russian Starlet Grigorev, but couldn't manage to grab a goal in the first half.

Burton started on the front foot in the second half, forcing Shrewsbury keeper Lewis Price into some fine saves. Shrewsbury also made some decent chances as well, with Neil Ashton looking dangerous, and being a constant threat to Burton's defence, along with Graham Coughlan.

But Burton always looked like they could cause some damage, with Junior Stanislas being a constant threat down the Left Hand side, and Grigorev being a handful in the frontline.

Then finally in the 85th minute, The Russian Youngster finally grabbed his goal, as Grigorev broke free of the two Center Backs, and slotted home majestically, as he sealed the game in fashion, as he wrapped up the 3 points on the first game of the season, and also claiming the Man of the Match award.

fc_spartak_moscow_v_pfc_spartak_nalchik_premier_aozkjqltg06l.30172.jpg

The Young Russian grabs the Man of the Match award as he gets Burton's winning goal in the 85th minute to wrap up Burton's first 3 points in the Football League in 102 Years.

After the game, Manager Sam Warren claimed he was delighted with his team performance, and that he has seen some promising signs that his side will perform this season in Division 4. He picked out the Man of the Match Maksim Grigorev as his main man, who he described as majestic as he gave The Brewers 3 points.

He also mentioned that Burton have completed the signings of 7 new players, and is expected to bring in more, but was serious about offloading now, as he has a 38 man squad.

A press conference has been called for for tomorrow, to unveil The Brewers new signings.

Line Up and Ratings

1. T KAMINSKI 7

2. J BEARDSLEY 4 (YC) 4. J BRAYFORD 7 5. M MUNIESA 6 3. P BOERTIEN 7

7. B MAYLSON 6 6. M GILL 6 8. R POSSEBON 7 11. J STANISLAS 7

9. B CORR 7 10. M GRIGOREV 8 (X1)(MoM)

UP THE BREWERS!

Mate' date=' why have you posted on this thread and your not even in this Game World and your not even Managing [b']Burton Albion[/b] :confused:

mate i am in this set up and i managed Charlton Athletic in EC3853?You can check i am there.Just to clear up.this is my other account.i have 3 account.Main is having clubs in Ec106.the 2nd account is in Ec 3712...and this is Ec 3858 rit??You nvr told me that this thread is only for yourself.so can you tell me if i can post here.since i am in thsi set up???If not.i will delete all my other post just like you said.cheers :)

mate i am in this set up and i managed Charlton Athletic in EC3853?You can check i am there.Just to clear up.this is my other account.i have 3 account.Main is having clubs in Ec106.the 2nd account is in Ec 3712...and this is Ec 3858 rit??You nvr told me that this thread is only for yourself.so can you tell me if i can post here.since i am in thsi set up???If not.i will delete all my other post just like you said.cheers :)

No I was just confused coz your name is completely different to the one who manages Charlton in EC3853, You can still post if you are taking part if you want, but please ask for permission first from now on guys.

Also anyone who has taken a Burton are also free to post.

No I was just confused coz your name is completely different to the one who manages Charlton in EC3853' date=' You can still post if you are taking part if you want, but please ask for permission first from now on guys.

Also anyone who has taken a Burton are also free to post.[/quote']

I dont get it.so you mean i can post here??:confused:.but i am not managing Burtn.i managed Clarton.so i my mistakes. :D but i am a little bit confused.:D

5 Risers This Morning.

Luke DEVERE has had his rating increased to Rating Increase 77

Daniel MULLEN has had his rating increased to Rating Increase 78

Mark BIRIGHITTI has had his rating increased to Rating Increase 72

Hiroshi KIYOTAKE has had his rating increased to Rating Increase 75

Hiroyuki KOBAYASHI has had his rating increased to Rating Increase 78