Barca fans-would we rather have Eto or Villa?

What do we think about the idea of selling Eto off, and then using Keirrison or whatever his name is, to buy Villa? Personally I hate the idea because I think Eto is better than Villa....no way should we be doing that deal

Opinions? Do you want to see Eto go and be replaced with Villa?

Re: Barca fans-would we rather have Eto or Villa?

What do we think about the idea of selling Eto off' date=' and then using Keirrison or whatever his name is, to buy Villa? Personally I hate the idea because I think Eto is better than Villa....no way should we be doing that deal

Opinions? Do you want to see Eto go and be replaced with Villa?[/quote']

Option 2. Keirrison will be the best of the three, so Keirrison + Villa for Eto'o seems better.

Option 2. Keirrison will be the best of the three' date=' so Keirrison + Villa for Eto'o seems better.[/quote']

The way I read it the deal was Keirrison for Villa, so Valencia will have Keirrison?

And that's a very big claim, surely to early to judge that yet? You're basically saying Keirrison will be the best striker in the world.

The way I read it the deal was Keirrison for Villa' date=' so Valencia will have Keirrison?

And that's a very big claim, surely to early to judge that yet? You're basically saying Keirrison will be the best striker in the world.[/quote']

It would be sending Keirrison to Valencia on loan for 2 years or something like that. Why would he sign at Barca only to be shipped off? That would tarnish Barca's reputation worldwide. Keirrison has all the tools to become the best striker in the world. I think that in 5 years, Keirrison will quite easily be the best of the 3.

It would be sending Keirrison to Valencia on loan for 2 years or something like that. Why would he sign at Barca only to be shipped off? That would tarnish Barca's reputation worldwide. Keirrison has all the tools to become the best striker in the world. I think that in 5 years' date=' Keirrison will quite easily be the best of the 3.[/quote']

Ah I see. He effectively wouldn't be signing for Barcelona, he'd be signing for Valencia, not a bad first step into europe. I think a lot of strikers will be better than those two in 5 years, they'll be a few years into their 30s by then. I think Barca would prefer the best player of the 3 now, not the best in 5 years (Villa in my opinion). although if they could pull off that loan deal it's excellent work.

Selling Eto'o off now would be ideal since he is on his last year of the contract. Having Eto'o stay would mean the wages would be extremely high. I think If Villa comes (hopefully he will) he will get paid less than Eto'o, but enough for his quality. I think Villa is the perfect Fwd for Barcelona at the moment. The only thing he lacks is height.

Villa is better than Eto'o' date=' but Villa is joining Madrid so you should keep Eto'o.[/quote']

How do you know he is joining Real Madrid?, i heard Valencia didn't want to sell Villa anymore.

Anyway, it's a hard decision, Eto'o scored alot of goals last season, but overall i would say i would prefer Villa.

Tough choice, both are strikers of the highest class, but Eto'o's arrogance alongside his ludicrous wage demands and proneness to chucking toys out of the pram would make me say David Villa. But then again, I am a Valencia fan so i don't want to see anothe superstar follow Albiol to Madrid. I would much rather see him at Barca than Madrid however, because he DESERVES to go to Barca. Madrid don't merit his presence with their actions nr do they merit Kaka's. :( I'd be sad to see him go, but I'm not resigned to the fact that he's packed his bags. The man has been loyal to the cause despite being linked away to Madrid, Barca, United and Chelsea in the last three years. Fair play to him.

Word of warning, Barca still need some height up front and Thierry Henry shouldn't have to provide it all. And woe betide if Gudjohnson becomes a regular... ;)

Tough choice' date=' both are strikers of the highest class, but Eto'o's arrogance alongside his ludicrous wage demands and proneness to chucking toys out of the pram would make me say David Villa. But then again, I am a Valencia fan so i don't want to see anothe superstar follow Albiol to Madrid. I would much rather see him at Barca than Madrid however, because he DESERVES to go to Barca. Madrid don't merit his presence with their actions nr do they merit Kaka's. :( I'd be sad to see him go, but I'm not resigned to the fact that he's packed his bags. The man has been loyal to the cause despite being linked away to Madrid, Barca, United and Chelsea in the last three years. Fair play to him.

Word of warning, Barca still need some height up front and Thierry Henry shouldn't have to provide it all. And woe betide if Gudjohnson becomes a regular... ;)[/quote']

Real Madrid don't merit his signing? I'd like to see you come up with a reasoned based explanation of why we don't. We have handled ourselves very well in the transfer market, not tapping up players, but rather talking to the club first. Did you not hear Valdano's statements? Unless Valencia are willing to sell (regardless of the club) real will pursue him, if he is unavailable to ALL clubs then we will back down, but Real will not accept being on the shorter side of favoritism.

Real Madrid don't merit his signing? I'd like to see you come up with a reasoned based explanation of why we don't. We have handled ourselves very well in the transfer market' date=' not tapping up players, but rather talking to the club first. Did you not hear Valdano's statements? Unless Valencia are willing to sell (regardless of the club) real will pursue him, if he is unavailable to ALL clubs then we will back down, but Real will not accept being on the shorter side of favoritism.[/quote']

Valdano is merely a puppet for that horder Perez. Do you not think that the sums paid for players by Real Madrid already defy any feasible inflation? Sure the transfers would look right in Zimbabwe, but in the developed world here a collective gasp was inhaled and numerous mouthfuls of coffee spat out when the fees where revealed for Ronaldo and Kaka. My point being that these signings are pure extravagance, a show of financial power and gluttony; I doubt that Manuel Pellegrini as fantastic as he is, can control and maintain as many 'Galactico' personalities as he's been given to deal with, but yet more big names will roll in, not because they're needed but because Real are interested in owning everyything that everyone else wants. Much like a magpie, anything 'shiny' and it's snapped up: Manchester United bid for Benzema, so must we. Barcelona bid for Ribery, so must we. Chelsea bid for Villa, so must we.

It's a massive game of keeping up with the Joneses and it's one that Real Madrid can only win by wasting an astronomically obscene amount of money on players.