Bourkey's Bradford City | Match Reports/Transfer News Thread

I have decided to open up this thread for my Bradford City. I am half way through my season in Division 4 and I am in the process of signing big name players. I would like this thread to be just for my reports, but comments are much appreciated, tips aswell as i am very new to this.

Thank you.

Bourkey.

Re: Bourkey's Bradford City | Match Reports/Transfer News Thread

The Spending Spree Begins29th June 2009

Roy_Beerens.jpg

Will Roy Beerens Join The Bradford Revolution?

Bradford city fans were jumping for joy this morning as manager Lee Bourke revealed they were in talks with SC Heerenveen over the possible signing of Roy Beerens.

Lee said "This is just the beginning, Roy is an outstanding player and will bring something extra to this club. We hope to complete the signing in the next few days, along with many other signings we have lined up."

When asked about his proposed moved to Bradford, Roy said "Im flattered, Big things are happening at Bradford and i want to be a part of this. I have heard good things of manager Lee Bourke, and would love to have the chance to work with him. I hear many other signings are in line, in the hope Bradford will be a dominating force. I fly to England for a medical tommorow, if all is well I will be a Bradford City player in the next couple of days."

Beerens Flys Home As A New Bosnian Comes In

1st July 2009

2506368513_a34f949da4.jpg

Surprise Move As Pjanic Joins Bradford.

All were expecting Roy Beerens to walk out the door, but it was two new faces who graced Valley Parade. Beerens failed to agree personal terms, and flew home with his agent late last night.

Bradford manager Lee Bourke unveiled the teams first two signing of the summer bringing in Domingos Willians and Miralem Pjanic. Willians is set to take up the central midfield role, and Manager Lee Bourke i quoted to have called him "The Next Ronaldinho."

After passing a medical, Pjanic and Willians were paraded at Valley Parade late lat night. Fans gathered outside to see the new signings knowing this is the start of something big.

Lee said "Im very happy, we have signed two of the hottest youngsters in the world and we wont stop there. We hope to bring in a few more signings to improve our squad."

0+keirrison+palmeiras+barcelona.jpg

Bradford confirm interest in Keirrion.

Bradford have confirmed they are in talks with Palmerias over the possible signing of Brazilian wonderkid Keirrison. The fee is belive to be around 9m and is hoped to be signed before the end of the week.

Santon On Life Under Bourke

Davide-Santon-Inter-Ronal-001.jpg

Santon In His Days At Inter

Q. What is your relationship like with Lee Bourke?

It wonderful, we got along very well and I think very highly of him. He has ambitions, and I am glad to be apart of them.

Q. What made you join your current manager?

I heard many great thing of him, and wanted to experience working with him. I'm glad I moved, as I'm having the time of my life here.

Q. What are Bourke's training sessions like?

There intense, but its for the best of the team. Monzon is always one to moan, but its for our good and the teams good so its all worth while.

Q. How are match days with Lee Bourke?

The morale in the camp is sky high, we all know the big plans that are in line for Bradford and all do our best to impress. We are doing well in the league, and are confident of gaining promotion.

Q. Where do you see Lee Bourke and Bradford in the next few years?

I hope Lee Bourke will still be at Bradford, as his heart is set on establishing Bradford in the world of football. It will be a big few years for Bradford City, and I want to be a part of this.

Bradford Squeeze Past Crewe Alexandra

2nd July 2009

610x.jpg

Victor Lojero scored the goal to secure three points for Bradford.

26_1201278445.gifCrewe Alexandra 1 - Bradford City 2 10_1199186160.gif

C.Donaldson (11)

R.Micael (12)

V.Lojero (59)

A game that Bradford could not afford to loose, and with debutees Willians and Pjanic on show, the Bradford fans were expecting a win. Bradford still sat three points behind league leaders Hartlepool, and were hoping Rochdale could do them a favour.

Things looked as if it was going to be a bad day at the office for Bradford, when C.Donaldson smashed in a volley into the roof of the net in the elevnth minute.

All hope was not lost, and R.Micael broke through the offside trap just a minute later to level the game up.

As the second half began, Some good chances were missed by Pjanic and Santon, but on fifty-nine minutes the 24-year old Mexican V.Lojero was on the recieving end of some lovevly football and finished with ease. As the game went on things began to get fiesty and Crewe Alexandra looked for the win and as a result C.Donaldson recieved a yellow card for his actions. The referee Fariz Yuzifov blew the whistle in the 90th minute, finalising the three points for Bradford.

After the game, Bourke said "Im glad we won as we deserved the three points. The boys are on fire and the new signings impressed me. It was an important game, as next we face top placed Hartlepool. We need three points, and I'm confident of picking them up."

Crewe Alexandra: J.Ruddy ©, D.Woodards, M.Broomes, D.O'Donnell, B.Jones, J.Bailey, B.Rix, S.Schumacher, T.Pope, C.Donaldson, K.Lunt.

Substitues: C.Zola, E.Bopp, J.Baudet, S.Collis, G.Abbey.

Bradford City: G.Monzon, D.Santon, G.Brandao, P.Maicon ©, Y.Kaboul, L.Lucas, A.Barilla, D.Willians, V.Lojero, R.Micael, M.Pjanic.

Substiutes: M.Delac, V.Chesnakov, N.Orozco, A.Michel, M.Tiago Pinto.

Bradford Make Wolfsbrug Raid

4th July 2009

red-vflwolfsburg-artikel-iksp15mo123_12712_onlineBild.jpg

Schafer And Dzeko During There Time At Wolfsburg

Lee Bourke had promised big names, and had promised a revolution. The Bradford gathered at Valley Parade this morning to see the unvieling of three new signings.

Two names were known, these were Edin Dzeko and Marcel Schafer. But the third signing had been kept secret from the Bradford fans, with nothing being released to the press. As the three men walked out onto Valley Parade, the players were met by huge cheers as the walked upon the pitch. The fans could now see there third man, and it was none other than Brazilian wonderkid Carneiro Keirrison.

0+keirrison.jpg

It is belived the total cost of all three signings was around 28Million, With Dzeko being the most expensive being purchased for a mind blowing £11.2M.

When interviewed, Dzeko said, "I am happy to have such a big welcome, it is clear that the fans are happy for us to be hear, and I cannot wait to get started. I have now met my fellow strike partner, Keirrison. I have heard good things about him and belive we can build an outstanding front line. I am happy to come with my fellow teammate Marcel Schafer, as it makes me feel more confortable and more at home. I am glad to be working along side such a great manager in Lee Bourke, he is dedicated to builidng this team into an unstopable force and with a few extra signings I belive Bradfords spending spree will be complete."

Hartlepool Thumped At Valley Parade

5th July 2009

520x.jpg

Dzeko Runs Riot As Bradford Draw Level At The Top

Bradford City 4 - 1 Hartlepool United

I.Miller (34)

E.Dzeko (39,56)

L.Lucas (55)

C.Keirrison (61)

Last night the new signings proved they were worth every penny leaving Valley Parade joint top of the table after thrashing league leaders Hartlepool United 4-1.

New signings Dzeko, Schafer and Keirrison were on show and were keen to impress manager Lee Bourke. The Bantams started brightly with L.Lucas missing two glorious chances but it was the visitors who would take the lead first through I.Miller after the ball was fed in from the flanks. The lead only lasted 5 minutes, with new signing E.Dzeko popping up inside the six yard box to head home the equaliser for Bradford.

The second half began in the same manner of the first, with Bradford dominating. This time L.Lucas capitalised on his chances given Bradford a 2-1 lead with 55 minutes on the clock. Before fans had time to settle down, E.Dzeko had scored his second of the night only a minute later gobbling up the rebound from a fierce C.Keirrison shot. The goals just kept on coming, and on 61 minutes C.Keirrison put the game to bed with a delightful cheap over oncoming keeper D.Ward.

Line Ups:

G.Monzon

D.Santon P.Maicon Y.Kaboul M.Schafer

M.Pjanic L.Lucas D.Willians A.Barilla

C.Keirrison E.Dzeko

----------------------------------------

D.Windass I.Miller

P.Halmosi I.Del Patro A.Monkhouse A.Van Der Meyde

C.Llorens A.Sweeney M.Robson J.McCunnie

D.Ward

Next Match: Turn 22 - Brentford (H)

Top To Bottom?

6th July 2009

610x.jpg

Brazilian Alex Is Set To Join Bradford In Division 4

Chelsea's Alex looks set to join Division 4 side Bradford City after it was revealed that Chelsea had accepted a bid reported to be worth around £13M for the 27 year old centre back.

When the news reached fans, one said "What is happening to this football club is simply amazing, bringing in big names like Alex to such a little club like Bradford is astounishing. I think what Lee Bourke has done and will continue to do is an honour for the club and for the club to be gifted with such a wonderful squad and such a wonderful manager, we are truely blessed."

Alex's agent was reported to have been seen leaving Valley Parade early this morning where negotiations of personal terms were belived to have taken place. If the deal is completed, it will be the most money Bradford have spent during there summer spending spree.

When Alex was asked about his proposed move to Bradford, he said

"I have met with my agent who has told me a bid has been accepted which will see me join Bradford city. Many may think I'm crazy for even thinking of moving, but I belive Bradford will be a dominating force in years to come, and I want to be a part of this. I am set to have a medical later today, and after that all there is left to do is for me to agree personal terms."

Top To Bottom?

6th July 2009

When Alex was asked about his proposed move to Bradford' date=' he said

"I have met with my agent who has told me a bid has been accepted which will see me join Bradford city. Many may think I'm crazy for even thinking of moving, but I belive Bradford will be a dominating force in years to come, and I want to be a part of this. I am set to have a medical later today, and after that all there is left to do is for me to agree personal terms."

[/font']

what alex means is that he is going for the money :D

great match reports. keep it up!

Alex Completes His Move To Bradford, Will Valencia Be Next?

0,,12306~3771210,00.jpg

Bradford Confirm Interest In Luis Antonio Valencia

Late afternoon today, new signing Alex was unvieled at Valley Parade, and recived a warm welcome from the fans. Alex was handed the No.33 shirt, and will be hoping to make the Centre Back position his own.

By the end of the night, thoughts had turned to the who Lee Bourke would sign next. Hints were given that Bradford would make a move for young Wigan winger, Luis Antonia Valencia.

Lee said "We our interested in Valencia, but have also confirmed our interest in Marko Marin. Valencia has revieled his desire to play for Bradford, and I need passionate and talented players to join my team. When I contacted Marin, he admitted he would embrace a move to England, but he did not belive Bradford would be able to meet his wage demands. I can understand this, and wish him well at Werder Bremen. I hope to open talks with Wigan over the potenital signing of Valencia this week, in the hope of signings him in the next few days."

Pjanic To The Rescue

Division 4 Match Result

9th July 2009

Attendance: 16,529

Referee: Ante Vucemilovic flags_of_Croatia.gif

610x.jpg

Davide Santon Opens His Account For The Bantums

10_1199186160.gif235_front_small.gifBradford City 2 - 1 Brentford 11_front_small.gif11_1193561234.gif

A.Bennett (12)

D.Santon (26)

M.Pjanic (85)

A packed Valley Parade were given there moneys worth, after Bradford came through victorious in last night's Divison 4 Match against Brentford. D.Santon opened his account after 18 games with the club, and new signing M.Pjanic kept up his recent run of good form with a goal and a Man Of The Match performance.

Refferee Ante Vucemilovic kicked the game off, and Brentford started the strongest, and scored the opening goal of the game through centre back A.Bennett. Heads began to drop, but new captain Alex brought team back together. On the 26th minute, Barilla and Santon combined down the right flank to leave the right back with the the task of beating goalkeeper B.Hamer, Santon converted and as the referee blew for half time the game was tied 1-1.

The second half began in the opposite of the first, with Bradford dominating n the hope of a second goal. Chances were missed by E.Dzeko and A.Michel, both from the 30 yard mark. K.Osborne looked certain to finish the game off for Brentford, but missed the goal from 6 yards out. Brentford were mad to pay just 5 minutes later, when M.Pjanic rose to a C.Keirrison cross to seal the three points for Bradford City.

Lineups:

Bradford City

G.Monzon (8)

D.Santon (9) R.Alex (9) Y.Kaboul (8) M.Schafer (8)

A.Barilla (9) A.Michel (6) L.Lucas (7) M.Pjanic (10)

C.Keirrison (8) E.Dzeko (7)

Brentford

B.Clarke (6) C.Macdonald (5)

R.Dickson (4) M.Bean (5) K.Osborne (6) R.Dickson (4)

D.Powell (5) A.Bennett (7) D.Hunt (4) M.Zaffaroni (5)

B.Hamer (5)

Next Match: Turn 23 - Brighton And Hove Albion (A)

How you get the players to sign for your club :eek:?

And what's your squad average rating?

I just took over a brand new Bury and Craig Bellamy refused to sign for my club :/

Nice thread also ;D

I wished I had Dzeko D:

Took me a long time, :P

I worked my way up, Signed the lowest players first and then sign the big'uns as they move to your club then.

:P

Good luck with yours mate :)

Dzeko Scores Two In A Comfortable Win For Bradford

Division 4 Match Result

14th July 2009

Venue: Withdean Stadium

Capacity: 8,850

Attendance: 6,561

Referee: Mauricio Reinoso Fabara flags_of_Ecuador.gif

090212_1250_dzeko.jpg

E.Dzeko scores two as Bradford secure a crucial three points.

12_1194993582.gif58_front_small.gif Brighton And Hove Albion 2 - 3 Bradford City 12_front_small.gif10_1199186160.gif

E.Dzeko (5,21)

D.Santon (18)

W.Adilson (26)

C.Felipe Souza (87)

A late Wednesday night saw Bradford make the trip to Brighton Hove And Albion. With a brace from E.Dzeko and D.Santon picking up his second goal in two games it was an enjoyable and confortable win for the Bantums.

The game began with Bradford taking center, and testing goalkeepr F.Cabrera straight away. It only took five minutes for the front two to link up and it resulted in a goal after some neat footwork saw E.Dzeko with just the keeper to beat, where he stolled home calmly. Bradford kept applying the pressure, and on the 18th minute D.Santon headed in from the corner after L.Lucas provided an inch perfect cross. The game look all wrapped up, but E.Dzeko was in the mood. Just three minutes later and he'd bagged his second. An unfortunate deflection off of G.De Rosa saw the ball wrong foot the keeper and crawl into the opposite side of the net. There were more goals to come, but this time from Brighton as W.Adilson found himself in yards of space and set himself up for a screamer from 34 yards.

The game was still to be won, and the second half was to be a tough battle. Bradford came close with efforts from F.Michel Bastos and C.Keirrison just missing the target. The best chance of the half was to fall to Brighton's L.Dyer, after beating two defenders and with the task of putting the ball in the back of the net, the game looked set for a big showdown. However, the ball smashed against the crossbar and it looked as luck was not shining in Brighton's favour. A late conselation goal was knocked in by C.Felipe Souza, but the game was Bradfords. E.Dzeko picked up the MoM Award for his efforts, with F.Michel Bastos shining in his first ever game for the Bantums.

Brighton And Hove Albion XI

F.Cabrera, S.Adilson, G.De Rosa, J.Maidana, A.Barao, L.Dyer, D.Cox, W.Adilson, G.Barros Schelotto, R.Dodo, G.Reggi

Bradford City XI

G.Monzon, D.Santon, R.Alex, Y.Kaboul, M.Schafer, M.Pjanic, A.Michel, L.Lucas, F.Michel Bastos, C.Keirrison, E.Dzeko

Next Match: Turn 24 - Exeter City (H)

Michel Bastos And Frey Join The Bantums

15th July 2009

Sebastian%20Frey2.jpg

Sebastian Frey will become Bradford's new No.1

Fiorentina No.1 Sebasian Frey and Lyon winger Fernandes Michel Bastos are the latest Bradford city signings. Both will be hoping to pin down a starting line up place, as Bradford fight for top spot.

Lee Bourke said "I am an admirer of both players, and have the upmost respect for each of them. Both have been putting in 100% in training and I hope this enthusiasm goes with them onto the football pitch. Our spending spree is almost complete, for this season. Our ambition is to sign a New CM. The team will change dramatically in the next few seasons, but I hope that some of the current crop of players will remain but at this moment in time all the boys are focused on winning the league."

Bastos Strike Secures Three Points For Bradford

Division 4 Match Result

17th July 2009

Venue: Valley Parade

Capacity: 25,136

Attendance: 16,773

Referee: Tony Asumaa flags_of_Finland.gif

090414bastos.jpg

The press all wanted a chance to talk to F.Michel Bastos after his wonderstrike won Bradford City the game.

10_1199186160.gif235_front_small.gif Bradford City 1 - 0 Exeter City 2_front_small.gif840_1201887743.gif

F.Michel Bastos (35)

Exeter City were the visitors to Valley Parade, but they left with nothing after a 40 Yard strike from new boy F.Michel Bastos gave Bradford a 1-0 Win on a bitterly chilly night.

Exeter won the toss, and kicked off first. They were on the front foot right from the start testing the new Bradford No.1 with less than one minute on the clock. D.Seaborne looked in the mood for scoring, testing S.Frey three times within the first five minutes but the Ex-Fiorentina keeper kept him at bay. As Bradford began to get into the game, Exeter were made to pay for there missed chances as F.Michel Bastos picked the ball up on the 40 Yard line and managed to beat keeper P.Jones with a contender for goal of the season. The goal knocked the stuffing out of Exeter, who's heads dropped after the goal and entered the dressing room at half time a goal down.

The second half whistle blew and both teams knew the game was still undecided. L.Lucas was to grab the first shot of the half, and his 12 Yard shot clipped the crossbar after some lovely footwork by M.Pjanic on the edge of the box. As the the game reached the hour mark, a sense of urgency in Exeter's play began to emerge. D.Plessis was to miss a glorious chance to draw the game level, but his close range effort was met by an excellent save from S.Frey who played outstandingly in his first game for the Bantums. Bradford began to dominate possession in the late stages of the game, with C.Keirrison and E.Dzeko both narrowly missing the goal with there long range efforts. The last chance of the game fell to the young right back D.Santon, Who's spectacular overhead kick was met by an equally good save from P.Jones. E.Dzeko picked up his second MOM Award in two games after his outstanding performance helped Bradford to earning a well deserved three points.

Bradford City XI

S.Frey, D.Santon, R.Alex, Y.Kaboul, M.Schafer, M.Pjanic, A.Michel, L.Lucas, F.Michel Bastos, C.Keirrison, E.Dzeko

Exeter City XI

P.Jones, A.El-Bad, D.Moxey, D.Seaborne, M.Taylor, A.Russell, M.Gill, D.Plessis, F.Jeffers, S.Fleetwood, C.Andrew.

Next Match: Turn 25 - Bury (A)

Angel Michel Sends Bradford City Top

Division 4 Match Result

19th July 2009

Venue: Gigg Lane

Capacity: 11,840

Attendance: 8,556

Referee: Helmut Fleischer flags_of_Germany.gif

sebastien-frey_84306.jpg

Frey's MOM performance kept Bradford City in the game..

99_front_small.gif16_1202042171.gifBury 0 - 1 Bradford City 10_1199186160.gif235_front_small.gif

A.Michel (3)

A.Michel's early strike would be the difference against third placed Bury as Bradford City ran out winners in a tough 1-0 Win. The win saw Bradford jump to the top of the table, with rivals Hartlepool United loosing 3-2 to struggling Aldershot Town.

Bury were too start the game off, but were defending almost instantly after the ball was given away and E.Dzeko's shot could only be put behind for a corner by Bury keeper J.Paulo Santos. The resulting corner was whipped in by L.Lucas, and central midfielder A.Michel rose to the ball to nod home the first goal of the game with only three minutes on the clock. A.Morrell was looking to extend is current run of form, and was hoping to make it three goals in three matches, but S.Frey stood tall in the Bradford goal and Bury began to get frustarted. The best chance of the half fell to A.Morrell's strike partner B.Pedro Junior, after some lovely footwork he was left in a one on one situation. S.Frey charged from his goal and seeing the empty net B.Pedro Junior chipped the oncoming keeper only too see his effort bounce back of the cross bar and safely into S.Frey's hands.

The second half saw temperatures rise and tempers were beginning to boil. Early in the second half Bradford were hit with an injury blow, A,Michel had twisted his ankle after a two footed challenge from P.Diogo which resulted in a yellow card. R.Alex was next to test Bury's defence, he rose high to meet L.Lucas's corner but was denied by the post and was helpless as the ball rolled out of play. A penalty appeal was the talk of the second half, when Bradford forward E.Dzeko went down in side the box. Players surrounded the refferee but the protests were waved away by the German refferee who showed the forward a yellow card for his actions. Bury were pushing for the late equaliser and Bradford had everyone back defending. The ball ended up at the feet of J.Welsh but an outstanding block from R.Alex stopped the ball from hitting the back of the net. Helmut Fleischer blew the whistle to signal the end of the game. Lee Bourke took to the field to congratulate and celebrate with his players and took time out to greet the fans on a night that would see Bradford City go three points clear at the top of Division 4.

Bury XI

J.Paulo Santos, B.Futcher, D.Buchanan, S.Martis, E.Sodje, F.Gomes, Y.Mulumbu, P.Diogo, B.Pedro Junior, A.Morrell, J.Welsh

Bradford City XI

S.Frey, D.Santon, R.Alex, Y.Kaboul, M.Schafer, M.Pjanic, A.Michel, L.Lucas, F.Michel Bastos, C.Keirrison, E.Dzeko

Next Match: Turn 26 - Darlington (H)

Five Goal Thriller At Valley Parade

Division 4 Match Result

25th July 2009

Venue: Valley Parade

Capacity: 25,136

Attendance: 18,977

Referee: Kyros Vassaras flags_of_Greece.gif

ca-746b04ce8479658f454882699f053897.jpeg

Keirrison celebrates after scoring the second goal of the game.

10_1199186160.gif235_front_small.gif Bradford City 5 - 0 Darlington 28_1205820265.gif10_front_small.gif

L.Lucas (14)

C.Keirrison (19)

A.Barilla (49)

E.Dzeko (55)

F.Michel Bastos (80)

Darlington travelled to Valley Parade Wednesday evening to face league leaders Bradford. The game would turn out to be a thumping as Bradford put 5 past middle table Darlington as Bradford extended their lead at the top of the table.

Bradford City started the game off and were in the mood for goals. Darlington were finding it hard to get the ball, and could not settle into the game. F.Michel Bastos found some space very early in the game but his shot clipped the crossbar. The shot was a wake up call for Darlington, who began to get into the game. The game had it's first goal on 14 Minutes, A cross from A.Barilla was met by the head of L.Lucas who guided the ball into the top corner. Bradford were playing keep ball and as a result many Darlington players were getting frustrated. A.Ruben Lima two-footed R.Alex while on the ball and the tackle earned the player a yellow card. The free kick was whipped in and yet again was met by the head of a Bradford player who nodded the ball home past the oncoming keeper. It was C.Keirrison's second goal for the club and a vital goal too. The game slowed down in pace after the second goal, but tempers of the Darlington players were rising. T.Turon was shown a straight red by the Greek refferee after kicking his marker in an off ball incident.

The second half began in the same manner as the first, Bradford were looking for the goal that would put the game to bed, where as Darlington were looking for someone to bring themselves back into the game. Darlington's hopes were shattered after just 4 minutes of the second half being played as A.Barilla volleyed the ball past the Darlington keeper S.Flinders and in doing so secured the three points for Bradford. The Bantums were in no mood for stopping, they wanted as many goals as they could get. E.Dzeko got himself on the score sheet minutes later, he scored the third headed goal of the night after M.Pjanic provided the inch perfect cross for the Bosnian to get his head to to make the score 4-0 on the night. Darlington tried to salvage a consolation goal but S.Frey carried on his recent run of fine form keeping out efforts from S.Keko and J.Wilshire with outstanding saves. With 10 minutes to go, F.Michel Bastos put the iceing on the cake for Bradford as he made the score 5-0 with a well earned individual goal beating the whole of the Darlington defence before placing the ball in the back of the net. Refferee Kyros Vassaras blew the whistle for full time on a night that Bradford showed thier true quality. S.Frey was awarded the Man Of The Match award for his fine display, Lee Bourke also congratulated A.Barilla on a fine performance, who set up four of the five goals in the absence of A.Michel.

Bradford City XI

S.Frey, D.Santon, R.Alex, Y.Kaboul, M.Schafer, A.Barilla, M.Pjanic, L.Lucas, F.Michel Bastos, C.Keirrison, E.Dzeko

Darlington XI

S.Flinders, F.Kiko, A.Ruben Lima, M.Musacchico, P.Mario Gaspar, F.Merida, J.Wilshere, S.Keko, A.Kurdov, T.Torun, H.Saviet.

Next Match: Turn 27 - Hereford United (A)

Hereford Hit For Four As Bradford Goes Six Points Clear

Division 4 Match Result

27th July 2009

Venue: Edgar Steeet

Capacity: 7,100

Attendance: 3,440

Referee: Masoud Moradi flags_of_Iran.gif

michel-bastos-lille-lyon1.jpg

Michel Bastos celebrates scoring the fourth goal of the game.

12_front_small.gif632_1202630753.gif Hereford United 0 - 4 Bradford City 10_1199186160.gif235_front_small.gif

C.Keirrison (27)

A.Barilla (36)

E.Dzeko (64)

F.Michel Bastos (78)

Hereford were to prove no match for high flying Bradford who extended there lead at the top of the Division 4 Table with a 4-0 thrashing on Saturday. Rivals Hartlepool lost to Mid-tabled Gillingham, which meant Bradford would go six points clear with eleven games to go.

Hereford kicked the game off on a cold night at Edgar Street and it was the home side who started the game the strongest. B.Smith came close in only the second minute of the game, after some fine passing in the Hereford midfield had allowed him to find the space to shoot, His shot was to come to nothing, as it rattled the bar and rolled safely back into S.Frey's hands. That would turn out to be Hereford best chance of the game, as their efforts were easily saved by S.Frey. The first goal of the game came on the 27th Minute, E.Dzeko and C.Keirrison linked up well outside the box, C.Keirrison hit the ball with the outside of his left foot and his effort hit the far post and rolled across the line. L.Lucas missed the chance to make it 2-0, 3 Minutes later. He saw his effort hit both posts before being pounced on by the Hereford keeper. The miss would prove to be un-costly, as A.Barilla put the Bantums two goals to the good on the 36th Minute with a wonderstrike from the 45 Yard line. Refferee Masoud Moradi blew the whistle to signal the end of the first half and Bradford City were shaping up for a goal festival in the second half.

The game started slowly, with Bradford city opting to keep the ball and frustrate the Hereford players. No chances were created for much of the second half, but both keepers were kept busy with shots having to save from M.Pjanic and S.Johnson. E.Dzeko sealed the game off in the 64th Minute, A cross was wipped in from the left from F.Michel Bastos and the climbing E.Dzeko managed to get his head to the ball guiding it into the top corner to make the score 3-0 on the night. Hereford were in no mood to let in a fourth, and after E.Dzeko was set free for a second time, Hereford were to take horrific action. Hereford centre-back J.Gowling chased after the Bosnian, but after realising he could not reach the forward, He lunged at the back of the player causing E.Dzeko to break his left leg. He was stretchered off to an applause from the fans, but after scans at the hospital it was revealed E.Dzeko would be sidelined for 9 Weeks, Making it back just in time for the final game of the season. Bradford were out for revenge, and were determined to get a fourth goal. The bantums attacked at every available oppertunity, M.Schafer even got himself in on the act, his effort was saved by P.Gulasci, but only at the second time of asking. F.Michel Bastos deepened the disapointment of Hereford fans on the 78th Minute, with his second goal in as many games. His shot rebounded back into play after hitting the post, but the Brazilian was there to follow up his effort and place the ball into the back of the net. L.Lucas came close to adding a fith in the last minute of the game, but his effort was not enough to beat the Hereford keeper who was at full stretch to keep L.Lucas at bay. The whistle was blown to signal the end of the game, on a mixed night of emotions for Bradford City supporters. E.Dzeko recieved the Man Of The Match award for his outstanding preformance Upfront, but at the other end of the field S.Frey was congratulaed by the Bradford boss for yet another stunning display after transfering from Italian side Fiorentina.

Hereford United XI

P.Julasci, R.Rose, G.Antwi, J.Gowling, D.Beckwith, B.Smith, M.Pugh, S.O'Leary, J.Myrie-Williams, S.Guinan, S.Johnson

Bradford City XI

S.Frey, D.Santon, R.Alex, Y.Kaboul, M.Schafer, M.Pjanic, A.Barilla, L.Lucas, F.Michel Bastos, C.Keirrison, E.Dzeko

Next Match: Turn 28 - Dagenham & Redbridge (H)