Bourkey's Bradford City | Match Reports/Transfer News Thread

Re: Bourkey's Bradford City | Match Reports/Transfer News Thread

How many seasons have you had this team there amazing :D:eek:

Not Too Long. Only played 27 Games in my first season. (In The League) :)

amazing match reporting lee. scout of the month and m/r of the month;):P

Thanks for the kind words mate. :P:)

I have a hartlepool with an average rating of 82 after 18 games but no way near as good as your team how do you make the money to make such big signings???

I sold on almost every top player I had, creating as much money as i could. That is still good mate, Mine was only 84 Mid-Way through the season so you can still improve. Do the only thing you can do and that is buy in the young risers. There the only way to bring you success.

I sold on almost every top player I had' date=' creating as much money as i could. That is still good mate, Mine was only 84 Mid-Way through the season so you can still improve. Do the only thing you can do and that is buy in the young risers. There the only way to bring you success.[/quote']

Cheers mate :D ill give you rep !:)

Great match reports. :)

KIU Lee. :)

Hopefully my Brighton would be more superior than your Bradford. :P

Anyway' date=' good luck with your team in the future. :)[/quote']

Why the name change? :eek:

Anyway, Maybe one day mate. :P

I sign Carrick in the next few days, A much Needed CM. :D

Good luck with your Brighton, Hope you do well. :)

Why the name change? :eek:

Anyway' date=' Maybe one day mate. :P

I sign Carrick in the next few days, A much Needed CM. :D

Good luck with your Brighton, Hope you do well. :)[/quote']

How the hell did you recognize me? :eek:

Just changed my name for no apparent reason. ;)

How much was Carrick?

Made some bad decisions with my Brighton. I signed Shala instead of Noring and Saleh instead of Jange, then they ratings increased. :mad: - I was desperate for striker and wingers but now, i got to many wingers and strikers. I'm now desperate for CM's, GK's, DM's and Defenders. :o

How the hell did you recognize me? :eek:

Just changed my name for no apparent reason. ;)

How much was Carrick?

Made some bad decisions with my Brighton. I signed Shala instead of Noring and Saleh instead of Jange' date=' then they ratings increased. :mad: - I was desperate for striker and wingers but now, i got to many wingers and strikers. I'm now desperate for CM's, GK's, DM's and Defenders. :o[/quote']

Well I was signing Carrick, But the new SM Chair Val has meant that my bid is not enough, And I will have to wait to sell players. Its not too bad, I have alot of people ready to sell but its annoying I have to pay more money, (13.8M) when it was 10.8M :P:o

Micheal Carrick Next On Bradford's Hitlist

29th July 2009

Carrick2G_468x323.jpg

The Barcelona Midfeilder Should Join Bradford By The End Of This Week

Micheal Carrick looks set to join Bradford on a five year contract after it was reported Bradford were in talks with Barcelona over Carricks proposed move to Valley Parade.

The English midfeilder was transfered to Barcelona at the beginning of the season in a deal that saw Carlos Puyol move to Old Trafford. His stay in Barcelona was overshadowed by injury and had expressed his desire to return to England.

Michael said "After hearing of the interest from Bradford, I felt it was the right place to go. They are building a very strong team at Valley Parade, and it will be a good way for me to get my career back on track. I have spoke with Lee Bourke who has promised my first team football. I want to help Bradford towards the Division 4 title, I belive it is within their grasp. A fee still needs to be agreed between both clubs, but I am confident I will move within the next few days. It will be a challenge playing in Division 4, But im sure Bradford City will not be there come the end of the season."

Note:

I will be taking a break from Match Reporting for the month of August. Due to the Summer holidays, I have been pretty busy and have'nt had enough time on my hands to keep up with recent games. I also go on holiday for 2 Weeks at the end of August. I will finish with Transfer News after this post, but will be back Match Reporting for my final two games of the season, Where I hope to be sitting top of the Division 4 table come the 2nd Of September.

Thanks for reading,

Bourkey.

:)

Bradford Capture England International Carrick

3rd August 2009

BA9B08BE-CFC6-AB90-9FAA456FD32E3BC1.jpg

Carrick Joins On A Three Year Deal

On the clubs official website, It was revealed that Bradford City had signed England International Michael Carrick on a three year deal from Spanish giants Barcelona.

In a press conference with player and manager, Lee Bourke said "Im delighted to have a player like Michael join our club. He is a very talented midfielder and will bring us the guidance we need in the centre of midfield. We have had our eyes on Michael for a while, and after hearing of his desire to return to England, we know a deal could be met."

Later that afternoon, When Bradford City Centre-Back Alex, was asked how he felt on the arrival of Michael Carrick, He said "Im very pleased that we have signed Michael. Central Midfield was a weak spot for us, and we have had many people fill in such as M.Elias, A.Michel, M.Pjanic, and D.Willians but to finally have a natural yet very talented Central Midfielder within our ranks is a boost for the whole squad. The squad has high hopes of winning the title, after going 8 Points clear it is within our hands, and I am sure Michael can help us to our first piece of silverware this season."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have no time to Match report anymore, So i will give a quick update on how my Bradford are doing. :)

I've been busy in the transfer market. Raul Albiol, Sagna, Rolando and Yaya Toure, have all signed. Falcao will join us within the next couple of days. I have sold Alex, and now have a Starting XI with an Average rating of 90, Pushing towards 91. :)

I currently sit 2nd in the league, behind a strong Doncaster team. Only 6 games have been played though, So it is still early days. :)

I'm unbeaten in the last 25 games, and hope to extend that past the 30 mark.

I will try to keep updated, but I just dont have enough time anymore.

Wish me luck.

Bourkey

:)

• 3 months later...

End of Season Update:

Well, I say end of season but currently I have one game left, and I sit second, a point of the league leaders. The final game is Wednesday and im hoping and praying I get promoted by finishing first. Anyway, My Starting XI currently is:

Frey

Sagna Rolando Albiol Clichy

Lennon YayaToure Carrick M.Bastos

Dzeko Falcao

Noteable Subs:

Marchisio

Dembele

My Av.Rating is 91, and is pushing on 92 with a few signings i hope to recruit. Next season I have plans but it all depends on how the youth i am investing in increase, I am buying alot more lately in the hope of major rises and then going into a mid season spending spree.

So, there you have it :) My Bradford will be in Division 2 next time you hear from me, and hopefully been promoted in first place :D (yn)

Wish me luck. :)

Cheers, Bourkey

:D

• 3 months later...

Wow, almost forgot about this. :P

Well the season started strongly to be fair, Div 2 seemed to be going smoothy as i was top with a quite a big lead, but now about 20 games in i've dropped to second, one point behind the team at top spot.

Quite a few changes have been taken place, and some are still in working progress, the current team is:

Frey (Should be sold soon)

Sagna Pique Rolando (Should be sold too) Clichy

Lennon YayaToure VdV M.Bastos

Falcao Dzeko

My bench has been improved greatly, and i have been bringing in alot of youths to have a strong team to compete for cups with, i've drafted in players such as:

Bendtner

Marchisio

Pedro

Badstuber

Enoh

Lens

Gum

Khacheridi

Andrews

Reus

Im still working on it, but hopefully players like Bale, Gibson, Baines and Johnson should be joining us soon! :)

Anyway, I've been a bit more active lately so posts might be added a bit more often, thanks for reading.

Bourkey :)

• 1 month later...

FINALLY!

Well, ive done what i set out to do, and as of last night Bradford City are promoted to Div 1! :D

Theres been alot of changes since the last time i checked in, and lots of signings have happened. I did'nt go up all that well though, I finished second and even managed to loose my game last night, yet i still went up. :P I have two games left now in which i am trying out all my newly signed youths, and then i will have to start planning for next season. :)

I have signed quite a few new players, and my current squad is:

Lloris

Sagna Pique ThiagoSilva Evra

Lennon VdV Marchisio Valencia

Dzeko Falcao

My Second String team has strongly improved, and atm is:

De Gea

Ivanovic Badstuber Khacidheri Arbeloa

Pedro Enoh Gibson Kroos

Bendtner Lens

Ive still got quite a few i dont use such as Canales, Reus and as of today Haruna, but alot of them will be sold (Eg. Lens) when there TB's are up so i can buy someone rising players, but alot of them will stay such as Pedro, Ivanovic and Arbeloa.

I'm not setting my sights on winning Div 1, although that would be amazing in my first season. I am aiming for a top 8 finish, and within the second season to be challenging for the title. By that time i hope to have a well amounted squad (thats if im still playing SM :P) and then be challening against United, Chelski etc within a few seasons.

Cheers for reading, (if you did :o).

Wish me luck next season.

Bourkey :)

• 1 month later...

Serious Changes At Bradford

1st August 2010

aexpx1247832968.jpg

Didier Drogba was just one of Bradford's new big name signings.

With the Bradford manager looking to push for the title this year, it seemed imminent that big names signings would arrive, and that is just what has happened. In the last two weeks, a whole host of names have come through the doors of the Bantums stadium. These have included Douglas Maicion, Andrei Arshavin, Darren Fletcher, Sergio Busquetes, Robin Van Persie and also Didier Drogba. Many players have left the club too, to make way for the players being brought in, but the Bradford manager, who often is refered to as "Bourkey" insists the changes are for the better.

When asked to comment on all of his signings, and also any further potential signings, Bourkey said;

I hope to bring in three more big name signings within the next two weeks. One deal is already currently going through, and he should be with us in the next few days. We want to push for silverware this season, and with these players an also the players coming through are well run youth system i feel that we could be champions within the next few seasons, if not this season."

Ribery Looks Set To Join The Bantums.. Could Pepe Be Joining Him?

1st August 2010

428da0f4499d6030_Franck_Ribery.jpg

Reports Suggest That A Fee Has Been Agreed With Munich To Sign French Ace Ribery .

Bourkey looks set to continue with his summer spending spree as he has now confirmed that Ribery is almost certinaly going to be joining the Bantums. The money has now been offered for the French winger, and it is just waiting to all be finalised, according to reports. This will be one of many signings this summer for Bourkey, but he insists that it will all be worth it.

When asked his thoughts on Ribery, he said;

He is a great player, and all thats left is now is for the money transaction to go through and for the winger to pass his medical. Its great to have him at the club, as he is truly class. He will be a great addition to the already blossoming new squad. Im sure he will help us towards great success."

In other news; there is increasing speculation abou the possible transfer of Pepe to also come to the Bantums. In Spain, it is reported that Pepe wants out of Madrid, and that Bradford would be his best suitors.

pepe.jpg

Could Pepe be Joining the Bantums?

It would seem logical, as it looks as if Thiago Silva could be on his way out of Bradford, so Bourkey will certainly be looking for a replacement. It seems that after the signing of Ribery, Bourkey will turn his attentions to a new defender. For now Bourkey has said;

"Hes a good player, for now we will have to wait and see. I want to each deal slowly, and at the moment i am focused on the Ribery transaction. After that, my priority will be a new CB. Whether it be Pepe or maybe even someone else, i will do my up most to sign a centre half within the next few weeks, i am happy with the way the squad is shaping up, i have alomst complete what i set out to do."

Bradford Potential XI:

Lloris

Maicon Pique Pepe (?) Evra

Ribery (?) Busquetes Fletcher Arshavin

V.Persie Drogba

• 2 weeks later...

Pepe And Ribery Both Join The Bantums

11th August 2010

pepebradford.jpg

Pepe trys on his new jerzey.

After days of speculation and transfer talk, both Pepe and Ribery were finally unveiled as Bradford's new signings. The transfers had been delayed due to Bourkeys sudden interest in Cristiano Ronaldo. Bourkey had met with Ronaldo's agent and was due to hold negotiation talks, but these were called off when manager Bourkey realised this would blow his whole transfer budget. Instead, he turned to his old targets, which are now his newest too signings. The club have insisted the players are not fazed by how long the deals look to go through, but that they are completely focused on their task ahead with Bradford. Many newspapers claim that Bourkey turned down the offer for Ronaldo as this would of meant he could only sign one big name star.. and it was portrayed that Bourkey has said one man does not make a team; and so instead chose to strengthen his team all round. On the clubs official website, after the transfer completitions of Pepe and Ribery, it was stated Bourkey was still on the hunt for a few more big name faces. The target area is understood to be the centre of midfield, were manager Bourkey feels Bradford are "lacking experience". Xabi Alonso, De Rossi, Sneijder, Diego and even Schweinstiger have all been linked with the vacant central midfield spot at Bradford, but as of yet nothing has been finalised.

riberyhz.jpg

A Snapshot of Ribery In Training

When asked to comment on his two new lads, Bourkey said;

"It's great to finally have them here with us. There has been no hard feelings about the time in which it took for the deals to be finalised, all i know is im happy to have them here. I hope that they too are happy to be here, as they were both much needed additions to the squad, and i feel that they can give us some real fire power. Both are anxious to meet all the other name faces currently within the Bradford ranks, and i too am looking forward to working with them. Both will make their debuts next week at Manchester United. This will be a real test of their true ability.