Your worst deal ever

rarther

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you buy him or sell him??

bought..... he's not even playing 1st team football anymore :(

i've had so many deals which were awful from the other teams perspective... surely some of them must have been you guys? :D

my best deal was probably selling ronaldinho to man u. for 60m + rooney + c.ronaldo, then bought 2 more world class players with the cash ;)

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

mine probally is when i signed kuranyi in eng 1 for southampton didnt have a lot of money got rid of malcom def(85) and some other guy plus 7 . 2 m and he scored 16 in 34 matches IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP with a avg rating of 6.92 :eek: and jus tmanaged to get rid of him ;) thank god

when i first joined the game and got villarreal.

i sold riquelme for 11 million lol.

didnt have a clue what i was doing, and seen as i only had 11 mill in the bank

i thought it was a good deal to double my money. only then did i realise

people were buying 91's for 15 million lol

silly newbie :D

Worst Buy has got to be Ronaldinho for 70 million pounds plus Robben where Robben became joint top scorer for Barca at the end of the season but Ronaldinho had scored 2 goals in 30 games for my Chelsea.........

Worst Sale has got to be David Villa to Ipswich for 20 million plus Ronaldo, Ronaldo scored one goal in 30 games whereas David became top scorer with 23 goals, he also was third best assister and had an average rating of 9.25 and then moved to a 95, whereas Luis went down to 94!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't made any terrible deals involving big money, thankfully. The worst signing I've made would be Sonny Anderson - rated 85 - the first day I joined the game. I figured he'd be useful cover but since then I've made a lot of much better signings, and he's got nowhere near the first team. Still a few turns until I can release him so at the moment he's just sitting there, taking up some of the wage budget.

Haven't made any terrible deals involving big money' date=' thankfully. The worst signing I've made would be Sonny Anderson - rated 85 - the first day I joined the game. I figured he'd be useful cover but since then I've made a lot of much better signings, and he's got nowhere near the first team. Still a few turns until I can release him so at the moment he's just sitting there, taking up some of the wage budget.[/quote']

lol the mean thing u could do is to release him for free :D

• 4 weeks later...
Mine has to be LENNY 18yrs 84rat - £13m

what's yours?

Dan: OK' date=' you paid a little over the odds for the kid, sure. :P BUT, he really [b']is[/b] dynamite on the left.

I'm currently playing him in my first team for Chelsea in the EC, on the left up front in either a 4-3-1-2, or a 4-3-2-1, and the kid is all class. Surrounded by 90+ rated talent either side of him, and still he's showing them up as he eats up the yards over the 94+ rated CB's and puts goals past 90+ rated keepers.

I loaned him out to a Div 2 club earlier in the season and his stats were something like this:

Brighton & HA Division 2 6 games played (1 sub) 4 goals 2 assists 1 MoM match rating avg. 7.27 1 YC 0 RC

Plus he played 5-6 Cup games for them and scored in every one.

We just finished a Cup game against a pretty strong Man U team and won 2-0. Here's his rating versus his highly credentialed (and well rested, I might add) team-mates:

1. rating 8 (MoM) P.CECH

2. rating 7 R.PAULO FERREIRA

3. rating 8 A.DEL HORNO

4. rating 7 R.AYALA

5. rating 7 A.RICARDO CARVALHO

6. rating 3 (RC - 13mins) T.FRINGS

7. rating 7 M.ESSIEN

8. rating 8 2 goals C.TEVEZ

9. rating 7 D.TREZEGUET

10. rating 8 (60 sub) LENNY

11. rating 7 C.JULIO BAPTISTA

I should add, his substitute (Luis Fabiano) rated only a 7 instead... :eek:

The Winter transfer window is only a month away, and while everyone else concerns themselves with Higuain, Lucas and Aguero et al., Lenny may be a sleeper pick-up for a smaller European team looking for pace and guile?

cheers

jon