the worlds best striker  

1. 1.

• fernando torres
    • raul
    • eto'o
    • rooney
    • david villa

Re: the worlds best striker

For their national teams, Wayne Rooney, Fernando Torres and David Villa are in a class of their own, practically scoring at will, but I think that only the two Spaniards replicate this form for their club.

Criticism falls on Sir Alex's door here, because Rooney is one of the best strikers in the world and is being wasted on the wing. My ote would've been for Rooney if it weren't for his relatively poor goal tally in the league this season for a 'world beater'.

David Villa is the best Striker in the world' date=' easily. Torres and Eto'o come in at second as I can't pick one over the other. Torres internationally is poor, and for Liverpool he isn't exactly prolific either, one good season followed by a decent one.

David Villa

Eto'o / Torres[/quote']

That decent season yielded one of the best goals per game ratios in Europe this season outside of the Dutch and Austrian leagues for Nando. Fernando Torres can be unplayable on his day, much like any of the players on that list, but the way he plays seems so effortless and characteristically 'Torres'.

Diego Forlan belongs on that list.

David Villa is the best Striker in the world' date=' easily. Torres and Eto'o come in at second as I can't pick one over the other. Torres internationally is poor, and for Liverpool he isn't exactly prolific either, one good season followed by a decent one.

David Villa

Eto'o / Torres[/quote']

Not just saying it because I'm an LFC fan but Torres has had 2 great seasons with LFC (as in him his self for goals -> games)

his 1st one was injury free and we all saw what he did, his second one was wrecked through injury after injury, yet when he played look at the difference he made.

anyone who watches LFC on a reg basis will vouch for the impact he has when in the team and not just his goals.

I aint seen loads of Villa tbh as I don't see a lot of Spanish football so can't say who is better

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Raul ? :confused:

It's funny, because I don't think he is that good of a striker now, yet last season was his highest goal tally in La Liga. Only in the 2007/08 season did he score as many goals in the league (18).

Still, I voted Torres.

Tough one.

Its different categories really.

Like Villa would win Best Clinical Striker,

Rooney would win Hardest Worker Striker, (he just doesnt stop running!)

Torres would have to win Best Technical Gifted Striker,

since he has great pace, skill and finishing (although injury prone).

So it is a tough thing to decide. :o

EDIT: Interestingly theres no Messi, although not sure if you count LWF?

I would say Villa personally, but people have different opinions.

I cannot stand Ibrahimovic I would never buy him, he's just too arrogant and lazy for my liking. And I dont think Diego Forlan isnt with the likes of the ones above but that may be because he didnt impress me while in England that much.

David Villa

Eto'o / Torres[/quote']

biased towards spanish league/players, perhaps?

Ronaldo is classed by some as a forward and he is AMAZING. Rooney and Drogba are both brilliant at what they do. and of course Gary jones (aka "Lumpaldinho") and Danny North have to be up there... :rolleyes:

biased towards spanish league/players' date=' perhaps[/quote']

Of course, he is always bias towards anything Spanish related.

Voted for Torres, even though I hate Liverpool, I'm not stupid enough to be bias. Hopefully Rooney is given his natural position as a CF this year and we can see his full potential.

Of course' date=' he is [u']always[/u] bias towards anything Spanish related.

Voted for Torres, even though I hate Liverpool, I'm not stupid enough to be bias. Hopefully Rooney is given his natural position as a CF this year and we can see his full potential.

Thank You for insulting my intelligence. To my knowledge both are starting Forwards for my national team. And Torres also plays for probably the second or third most spanish team out there.

P.S. did I forget to thank you for insulting my intelligence?

I like how first you linked me to being biased (which I am towards Madrid), and then you stated how YOU are not stupid enough to be something that you claim I am (biased). Thus by the transitive property you are stating that I am stupid. Good Job