1899jogador.jpg

Date of Birth: 21 August 1987

Nationality: Brazilian

Height: 172cm

Club: Vitoria

Squad No. 16

Position: DM

SM Rating: 80

Uelliton is a young, inform defensive midfielder currently plying his trade for Vitoria in the Brasileirao. Having played 7 of Vitoria’s opening 8 games in the league, Uelliton is some-what of a regular in a side which lies just 1 point behind Internacional and Athletico MG at the top of the table, leading them to 5 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. However, his success in the Vitoria 1st team was a difficult one; having had to fight his way into the team following consecutive loan spells. Having first been spotted by then Vice-President of Football at Vitoria, Uelliton Sinval Vieira, at the Intermunicipal Championship Selection; Uelliton went on to sign for Vitoria in 2003 until 2007, when after not having much luck breaking into the 1st team he reluctantly moved to the junior team. But again his talents went un-noticed as Kleiton Domingues and Stefan stole the limelight. At the age of 20, Uelliton decided to join Second Division Mining team Itauna on loan. It was on this loan-spell that he really got the chance to showcase his talents, helping Itauna to the Vice-Championships’ of the Second Division Mining. Again though he was overlooked for the Vitoria 1st team, which was followed by a second loan spell at Serie B team Range. Despite Range being demoted that year, Uelliton was arguably their best player and could return to Vitoria knowing that he had done his best. After returning to Vitoria for a second time, he was finally given his big chance in the 1st team. He currently utilizes the role of the ‘wheel’, which is a Brazilian term for a defensive midfield role where a player sits in front of the defense and protects the entrance into the area whilst creating a link between defense and midfield, where he protects defensive duo Ramos and Wallace. Despite only being 172cm tall, Uelliton makes up for his lack in size with his power and speed. He is also a good passer of the ball and regularly launches long passes down the field, with a good success rate. Eight games into the Brasileirao and so far Uelliton has clocked up 7 apps, totaling 543 mins playing time. Which is a great achievement seeing as Vitoria’s leading CB’s, Victor Ramos and Wallace, have played the maximum minutes totaling 720. He would have played more if not for his record of bookings, somewhat famed for his fiery play, he has picked up 3 yellows and 1 red in 7 games. Not the best disciplinary record.

Playing Record for Vitoria:

10.05.2009 – Vs. Athletico-PR: Won 2-0. Played final 18 mins.

17.05.2009 – Vs. Sport: Won 1-0. Played 79 mins.

23.05.2009 – Vs. Cruzeiro: Lost 2-0. Played 90 mins.

31.05.2009 – Vs. Gremio: Won 1-0. Played 90 mins.

07.06.2009 – Vs. Palmeiras: Lost 2-1. Played 90 mins. (Booked 89th min).

14.06.2009 – Vs. Internacional: Drew 0-0: Played 90mins. (Sent off, double booking, 87th min and 90th min).

28.0602009 – Vs. Santo Andre: Won 4-1: Played 86 mins. (Scored 79th min)

Below is his 1st professional goal for Vitoria. 1:10 :)

W-bxgiW6Ifk

Thanks Up Gunners for the tip ;)

EDIT: He is now on the DB, rated 80. Snap him up. :)

Re: Uelliton, Brazilian Starlet..

Looked very comfortable in his role, mopped up well making a few excellent interventions. A few rash tackles as well. :D

Hit a blistering free-kick from about 30 yards out which troubles the Santo André goalkeeper.

And as per the video above took his goal extremely well. All in all a sound performance.

Looked very comfortable in his role' date=' mopped up well making a few excellent interventions. A few rash tackles as well. :D

Hit a blistering free-kick from about 30 yards out which troubles the Santo André goalkeeper.

And as per the video above took his goal extremely well. All in all a sound performance.[/quote']

Glad to hear :)

Yeah he does have a bit of a temper on him ;)

I've always been under the impression that he's replacing Jackson/Vanderson until they recover from injury. 80 is too steep a price for me to risk on him.

Yeah i believe he is, but with his recent performances he is sure to give Carpegiani a headache regarding the starting 11. Hopefully he will continue to be given playing time. :)

Yeah i believe he is' date=' but with his recent performances he is sure to give Carpegiani a headache regarding the starting 11. Hopefully he will continue to be given playing time. :)[/quote']

I don't think so. Team captain Jackson, who was stellar before his injury, is quite sure to get his spot back from a hot-headed youngster. Just sayin' :P

I don't think so. Team captain Jackson' date=' who was stellar before his injury, is quite sure to get his spot back from a hot-headed youngster. Just sayin' :P[/quote']

Thanks for your input Insider, only time will tell ;)

Managed to watch the second half of that game,

forgot it was on :P

Flamengo were all over Vitoria towards the end,

good goal by Vitoria though and a good penalty save.

Up Gunners, since i didnt see the whole game, how did Uelliton play throughout?

First half Uelliton was good and really consistent in the centre of the park. In the second he died down a little bit but was still involved to some extent. Also Insider suggested that Uelliton's place may be at risk once Jackson returns looks like Vanderson is out for 3 weeks due to a red card so at least Uelliton's position is safe for another 3 weeks. Could probably get a rise in the coming changes to 82 or abouts seeing Vitoria are in fine form.

First half Uelliton was good and really consistent in the centre of the park. In the second he died down a little bit but was still involved to some extent. Also Insider suggested that Uelliton's place may be at risk once Jackson returns looks like Vanderson is out for 3 weeks due to a red card so at least Uelliton's position is safe for another 3 weeks. Could probably get a rise in the coming changes to 82 or abouts seeing Vitoria are in fine form.

Good to hear.

Will be disappointed to see him take a back seat once Jackson is back, but he'll be challenging for that starting place. :)

Yeah he does looks very lively. I'll probably take a punt on him having seen him now (& as Everton Silva can't seal a regular place for Flamengo)
Apodi is absolutely on fire down that right flank. Probably Vitoria's best player on the pitch ATM.

Are you guys serious? Are you pretending to watch the game? Apodi was awful' date=' Uelliton completly invisible in the first half... (View my post on Apodi for my thoughts. I'd like to see your reactions to it, or if you honestly believe that those were [b']good[/b] performances. I've seen much better from those two.

Are you guys serious? Are you pretending to watch the game? Apodi was awful' date=' Uelliton completly invisible in the first half... (View my post on Apodi for my thoughts. I'd like to see your reactions to it, or if you honestly believe that those were [b']good[/b] performances. I've seen much better from those two.

Since i did not see the first half i cannot vouch for his performance, he was quiet in the second half.

Apodi always wanted the ball and made bursting runs down the right flank. I thought he played well. Uelliton for me was good in the first half did what he needed to do with no fuss again IMO. Second half he was quieter. Comes down to difference of opinion.

Apodi always wanted the ball and made bursting runs down the right flank. I thought he played well. Uelliton for me was good in the first half did what he needed to do with no fuss again IMO. Second half he was quieter. Comes down to difference of opinion.

The runs were there. However, they never led him anywhere without him taking a dive, and he too often gave it up in his own zone. Too easily disposessed.

I hardly even saw Uelliton to be honest in the first. Was absolutly captivated by the V.R/Adriano battle. Saw a few blown offensive oppurtunities in the second and some bad defending in both from him though.