Sign in to follow this  
Greener-09

Ross Barkley- Another Everton Homegrown Player coming through the ranks!!

Im Bored so I'm gonna do a few scouts. Next up Ross Barley a 15 year old versatile player who can play up front but also in the midfield.

efc__1222856598_barkley_ross.jpg

Name:Ross Barkley

Club:Everton

Nationality:English

Position: Fwd/CM

D.O.B-05-12-1993

Ross is a very versatile player as he can play up front or in a Playmaker role in CM. He plays for Everton Fc. Ross was called up for England U.16's at only 14 last season where he made his U.16 debut in a CM role against Northern Ireland in the victory shield, where England won 6-0 and Ross scored from a header. He now aged 15 captains the U.16's. from which he takes the armband from another Everton player Jose Baxter from whom he took it from Dan Gosling. Keeping it at everton eh? Ross has excelled all through his Everton career as in the Everton U.14's he scored 31 goals in 1 season. Perhaps his greatest moment was whilst captaining school team Broadgreen in the Echo Cup final, he smashed home the strikes which help beat All Saints 3-1 receiving the man of the match award and the Echo Cup from the Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez who knew Everton had signed him up.

A true driving force for club and country and is seen to be in the Gerrard mould for his late arrival's into the box and his goal scoring exploits although it depends on which position he masters if not both...

NOT ON DB as of -29-06-09

Comments welcome..........

Darren Greene

Re: Ross Barkley- Another Everton Homegrown Player coming through the ranks!!

If this is what you do when your bored,

then you should be bored more often! :P

Good find and report,

its hard to find such detail on players of his age

seeing as he hasnt played, but great detail still.

Keep up the good work! :)

Nice report' date=' keep us updated...could he be another rooney ? :o[/quote']

I hope you mean in talent as lets just say neither Rooney nor Ross are easy on the eye to women ALTHOUGH Rooney has Coleen:p:p:p:p:p

I hope you mean in talent as lets just say neither Rooney nor Ross are easy on the eye to women ALTHOUGH Rooney has Coleen:p:p:p:p:p

haha, yeah mate i mean talent...

i would give coleen a few ;)

If this is what you do when your bored' date='

then you should be bored more often! :P

Good find and report,

its hard to find such detail on players of his age

seeing as he hasnt played, but great detail still.

Keep up the good work! :)[/quote']

Ya unfortunately there is a reason why I'm bored got injured two weeks ago my knee did ligaments cant play for 6 weeks so I have loadsa time on me hands LOL.

Cheers thanks.

Ya unfortunately there is a reason why I'm bored got injured two weeks ago my knee did ligaments cant play for 6 weeks so I have loadsa time on me hands LOL.

Cheers thanks.

Sorry to hear that mate, thats a nasty injury.

Get well soon B)

Im Bored so I'm gonna do a few scouts. Next up Ross Barley a 15 year old versatile player who can play up front but also in the midfield.

efc__1222856598_barkley_ross.jpg

Name:Ross Barkley

Club:Everton

Nationality:English

Position: Fwd/CM

D.O.B-05-12-1993

Ross is a very versatile player as he can play up front or in a Playmaker role in CM. He plays for Everton Fc. Ross was called up for England U.16's at only 14 last season where he made his U.16 debut in a CM role against Northern Ireland in the victory shield' date=' where England won 6-0 and Ross scored from a header. He now aged 15 captains the U.16's. from which he takes the armband from another Everton player Jose Baxter from whom he took it from Dan Gosling. Keeping it at everton eh? Ross has excelled all through his Everton career as in the Everton U.14's he scored 31 goals in 1 season. Perhaps his greatest moment was whilst captaining school team Broadgreen in the Echo Cup final, he smashed home the strikes which help beat All Saints 3-1 receiving the man of the match award and the Echo Cup from the Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez who knew Everton had signed him up.

A true driving force for club and country and is seen to be in the Gerrard mould for his late arrival's into the box and his goal scoring exploits although it depends on which position he masters if not both...

NOT ON DB as of -29-06-09

Comments welcome..........

Darren Greene[/quote']

Alright mate, nice report.

Ross is going all the way by the looks of it, he's got a good temperament as well.

It's becoming a bit of a cliche now, but this kid really is being talked about in the same bracket as Rooney and Rodwell.

Very high hopes for him, and his style might mean he gets his chance over the next couple of seasons.

The future looks good for everton, always nice to have the best 2 young left backs in the country fighting for a place as well! ;)

nice find. I have never heard of him and I support Everton hopefully he will be like rooney.

Also he must live pretty close to me as I live about 5-10mins away form Broadgreen Schoool. Who he captained.

At Everton they know a good young player when they see one and at the club's academy, Barkley is rated as the next potential first-team recruit to follow in the footsteps of Wayne Rooney and Jack Rodwell.

Still very young – he only turned 16 last month – Barkley too plays for the England Under-17s. Primarily a box-to-box midfielder, he has been playing as a forward in Everton's FA Youth Cup team. One of the best young prospects in the country, he scored against Northern Ireland in the Under-16s Victory Shield game in October 2008 when he was still just 14.

He is a big, imposing player but he is also very versatile and given Everton's record of pushing young players through it would not come as a complete surprise if he managed to edge his way into first-team contention over the next 12 months.

He comes from the Wavertree district of Liverpool, the latest gem to be unearthed in a city that continually produces great footballers. Everton will want to sign him to a professional contract on his 17th birthday at the end of the year and if they do end up losing Rodwell in the summer transfer window then Barkley will be the next to come through.

In the England Under-17s team Everton also have Luke Garbutt, a left-back signed from Leeds United, who has shown great promise and could challenge for a first-team place come the end of this year

I seen this in the Independent as one of the top 5 young English U.17 players to look out for next season.

Ross has started 2 and finished 2 games in the u.17 Euro Championships. He came on in the last game of the group tonight after 66 mins.

He has played 246 mins from 270 for England.

He has scored 2 goals.

Ross is now playing for the Everton reserves and he scored a bullet header against Chelsea reserves the other night. After a promising summer with the English squad Ross can now push on for a regular spot in the reserves and possibly a Carling Cup game or even being put n the bench for a few games. Could be an interesting seasn but I feel he won't be used this season unless a few injuries curtail the Everton Midfield.

Ross' performances in the reserves have not gone unrewarded, he was on the bench as an unused substitute on Saturday in the 1-0 loss to the Magpies. A debut should not be far away, especially with Moyes' record of blooding youngsters and the fact that Everton could do with a shake up going by current results. Promising times ahead especially with the Carling Cup game against Brentford Tomorrow night. I hope he gets a game. Even a 20 minute cameo would whet the appetite! A long season to go, exciting times for the Young English Fella'.

EDIT: Also he was named on the Sky Sports, top 10 English Stars under 20, and was tipped for a regular place on the Goodison Park 'Pine'

Again Ross was an unused substitute against Fulham at the weekend. Surely a few minutes for him is now possible before Christmas. :D

EDIT: Ross was also an unused substitute against Brentford in the C.C

Another match and Ross was an unused substitute. Thats 4 games in a row on the bench, Surely he will grab a few minutes soon :)

He is still only 16, and if he can make a debut before the 1st of December he will have been younger making his debut than Rooney. Thats 8 games to make his debut.

How about a late late match winner against the other half of Merseyside in 2 weeks! :D

TEENAGE Everton starlet Ross Barkley is facing months on the sidelines after he suffered a double leg break on England under-19 duty.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/10/14/everton-fc-youngster-ross-barkley-suffers-double-leg-break-100252-27468497/#ixzz12LfeAW1d

Absolutely shocking news. Ross was so close to making his debut for Everton and then this happens!

He clashed with his own team-mate and broke both bones in his leg.

He would have made his debut before he turned 17 for Everton, but obviously not now.

Horrible, for the kid.

The highlights of the game can be seen here.

http://www.thefa.com/video/England/Mens-U19s/2010-11/Belgium-2-1-England

You can see the challenge at 1.10 on the video.

this guy will make it easily

being an everton fan im more excited about the prospect of barkley even after a leg break than i was about rooney when he broke through evertons youth system

he just oozes class

I agree. Ross was on the cusp of first team football and then disaster.

I just really hope he comes back even stronger. I sincerely hope, Rodwell and himself are at the heart of Everton football for years to come.