Sign in to follow this  
Greener-09

Ross Barkley- Another Everton Homegrown Player coming through the ranks!!

Re: Ross Barkley- Another Everton Homegrown Player coming through the ranks!!

this guy will make it easily

being an everton fan im more excited about the prospect of barkley even after a leg break than i was about rooney when he broke through evertons youth system

he just oozes class

Most Blue noses that I speak too think that Jake Bidwell is going to be the next big thing at Goodison mate.

In an interview with Tim Cahill here is what he had to say about Ross:

GOT: Who, in your opinion, is the most talented footballer you´ve ever worked with?

Tim: Ross Barkley at Everton is a special talent. He has been unlucky this season with his injury but he is an immense player with a great attitude to football. He is so mature for his age and I think he is going to be a massive asset to Everton and [the city] Liverpool in years to come. I have been lucky enough to have played with some great players in my career but I do not think I have ever seen a talent like Ross.

there is always so hype up about alot of english players that get put on this forum that dont turn out to be anything. I personly dont like english players.

But lets hope this kid is the real thing!!

Started Evertons Pre-Season friendly against DC United that is currently half time. He had a nervous start which saw him end up with a bloody nose however he has pushed on and got himself and assist had a great chance and made some great runs showing nice pieces of skill.

He's played quite a lot this pre-season, and looked quite good.

Despite him being predominantly a central midfielder, he's being used on the wings, and despite not looking the most comfortable, he's done alright.

Expect him to get quite a few minutes this season. Looking at low to mid 80's by the end of it if he does alright.

My First post in months as I just seen Ross playing against Villarreal live on ITV. He has got quite a hype up by the commentators and he has looked very assured in possession. Few raking passes aswell.

expect him to get some chance for first team football this season as everton is lacking depth in midfield players hope he will be another successful new talent for the toffees

glad to be spot on with my last post of being much more excited about him even after his injury than rooney when he first came through

over pre season he has been our stand out player and its not suprising whenever he has gone off we have looked alot less of an attacking threat

expect him to get 10-20 games this season depending on injuries affecting the squad

as for the person who said jake bidwell, even though a fair few months have past i personally dont feel bidwell has the same potential as luke garbutt who is more likely to be a successor to baines if he continues to develop well

glad to be spot on with my last post of being much more excited about him even after his injury than rooney when he first came through

over pre season he has been our stand out player and its not suprising whenever he has gone off we have looked alot less of an attacking threat

expect him to get 10-20 games this season depending on injuries affecting the squad

as for the person who said jake bidwell' date=' even though a fair few months have past i personally dont feel bidwell has the same potential as luke garbutt who is more likely to be a successor to baines if he continues to develop well[/quote']

I think we will see Barkley play some part in the game against QPR :)

Looked really good today. Probably Everton's MOTM. Looks to be a great talent and judging by what Cahill said he should be really special. Eagerly awaiting his addition to the DB.

To be fair it wasn't hard to look good with that complete and utter rubbish that showed up at Goodison today. But you are right he looked a good little player, he is able to pick out a good pass.

To be fair it wasn't hard to look good with that complete and utter rubbish that showed up at Goodison today. But you are right he looked a good little player' date=' he is able to pick out a good pass.[/quote']

I agree. Only brightspot in an otherwise poor performance.

any idea when he'll be added to the DB?

There is a certain amount a player has to play, I think it is 450 minutes but it wouldn't surprise me if he was added sometime next week :)

There is a certain amount a player has to play' date=' I think it is 450 minutes but it wouldn't surprise me if he was added sometime next week :)[/quote']

I'll keep an eye out - cheers

really wish i could afford this guy for my ipswich team but i know i ain't got the cash to outbid the bigger clubs(couple of mil bids already in :()

after seeing him play a few times i really think he is going to be summin special

and after watching an interview with p.neville

where he's got nothing but praise for lad and was comparing him to the likes of roy keane and paul gasgoine

and for someone like neville to say he's one of the best young players he's seen is saying something considering what youth system neville came through himself.

moyes does it again:)

really wish i could afford this guy for my ipswich team but i know i ain't got the cash to outbid the bigger clubs(couple of mil bids already in :()

after seeing him play a few times i really think he is going to be summin special

and after watching an interview with p.neville

where he's got nothing but praise for lad and was comparing him to the likes of roy keane and paul gasgoine

and for someone like neville to say he's one of the best young players he's seen is saying something considering what youth system neville came through himself.

moyes does it again:)

Tim Cahill said he was the most talented young player he has ever seen.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/06/16/everton-fc-icon-tim-cahill-rates-ross-barkley-as-best-young-player-he-has-ever-seen-100252-28887631/

Watched this kid of MOTD on Saturday and he looked superb. He was confident in posession and a cool head for 17. A certain star here. A free agent in most of my game worlds as well. Dirt cheap for the potential he has!