Sign in to follow this  
Greener-09

Ross Barkley- Another Everton Homegrown Player coming through the ranks!!

Re: Ross Barkley- Another Everton Homegrown Player coming through the ranks!!

snapped him up for 330k In a very competetive gw. I think the fact he came on as everton and not a free agent threw a few people off the sent! Chuffed now!

snapped him up for 330k In a very competetive gw. I think the fact he came on as everton and not a free agent threw a few people off the sent! Chuffed now!

Can't be that wise a game world even if it is competetive. In one game world I bid for him, a hefty 2.5 million. But I was beaten to him by a 2.6. There were two other bids of 2 million plus too. Shucks.

That is just far too many youngsters. You won't use them all and some will just get unhappy with lack of matches. I wouldn't be suprised if your budget was low. I have a limit of 30 at most with my squads.

Can't be that wise a game world even if it is competetive. In one game world I bid for him' date=' a hefty 2.5 million. But I was beaten to him by a 2.6. There were two other bids of 2 million plus too. Shucks.[/quote']

yea it is people only look and free agents in my gameworld they get massive bids straight away but the always seem to miss a trick when they join there real club straight away! niang from caen was exactly the same but people like tunnicliffe, thorgan hazard and frimpong i had to fight for!

That is just far too many youngsters. You won't use them all and some will just get unhappy with lack of matches. I wouldn't be suprised if your budget was low. I have a limit of 30 at most with my squads.

Then you sell them when you rise :P.

Martin Keown is certainly impressed:

"Mikel Arteta's been on the bench because of Ross Barkley. He's young, but he'll be one of the best players of the game we'll ever see in this country."

Steady on Martin....it's a bit early for that yet.

Martin Keown is certainly impressed:

"Mikel Arteta's been on the bench because of Ross Barkley. He's young' date=' but he'll be one of the best players of the game we'll ever see in this country."

Steady on Martin....it's a bit early for that yet.[/quote']

Yeah he's over done it :D.

With Arteta gone to Arsenal it seems Barkley will be part of Everton's plans.

Yes. They are short of midfielders and he is impressing so he could be a regular starter for Everton. I suspect a rating increase to around 84 next time.

the creative responsibility at everton will now fall down to osman and rodwell, certainly rodwell so if he is at an external club and relatively cheap he might be worth snapping up as he will be played alot now

if rodwell struggles barkley will have all the focus put on him which would put most players off, but he has so much confidence i cant see it affecting him and i still believe he will play around 20 games this season with the majority from the bench

the creative responsibility at everton will now fall down to osman and rodwell' date=' certainly rodwell so if he is at an external club and relatively cheap he might be worth snapping up as he will be played alot now

if rodwell struggles barkley will have all the focus put on him which would put most players off, but he has so much confidence i cant see it affecting him and i still believe he will play around 20 games this season with the majority from the bench[/quote']

Rodwell aint creative mate. He's not really anything at the moment. Unless he get's his head sorted ASAP, he's not going to be very good.

Rodwell aint creative mate. He's not really anything at the moment. Unless he get's his head sorted ASAP' date=' he's not going to be very good.[/quote']

Yeah Rodwell is pretty much gone backwards other the last year and has gotten worse.

Oh and Ross Barkley played for the U21's today :)

I may aswell throw in an update.

So according to Tribal Football, not that I blieve it, SAF made an offer for Barkley but it didn't go through.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/revealed-man-utd-made-swap-offer-everton-barkley-last-week-1865791

And they are also reporting he could be subjet to a bid come January.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-utd-boss-ferguson-eyeing-january-raid-everton-whizkid-barkley-1863351

Ross has played in most games pre-season, and has played in all gaes so far in the Premier League and the Carling Cup Game.

He is still only 17, but we must not forget that last season he was on the cusp of first team action, he was on the bench a lot, so he would have been younger than Rooney to make an apearance had he played before his nasty injury. That's all sorted now and he's back and playing well.