England's Most Talented Players Scouting Network-MadMOnty1+Greener-09

Greener-09

Re: England's Most Talented Players Scouting Network-MadMOnty1+Greener-09

:eek:WOOOW how long did that take you??:eek:

an absolute BEAST of a post

rep:)

Thanks mate :)

Quite a few hours of digging around on lots of different sites.

I like to get every detail on a player before i post on them :o

* Disclaimer - Yes, there is a thread on him; but it is severely lacking any detail and doesn’t even have a single comment. I am not claiming to have found this player, I’m just mentioning someone i like in greater detail.

Albert Danquah-Adomah

0,,10794~5369822,00.jpg

Date of Birth: 13.12.1987

Nationality: English/Ghanaian

Height: 185cm

Weight: 73.5 kg

Position: RM/AM

Club: Barnet

Squad No.7

SM Rating: 73

Starting Off

As a child, Albert was a promising young footballer and soon caught the attention of Harrows coaches after impressing in the Allied Counties League for the youth side. In total, at just 17 years of age, he made 15 apps for Harrow Borough in the ACYL (Allied Counties Youth League) in which he scored a very impressive 10 goals. This included two hatricks against; Edgware Town (which they won 3-0, all goals courtesy of Albert) and against London Colney (which they won 4-0) on Wednesday 7th December 2005 and Wednesday 26th April 2006 respectively.

Alberts Breakthrough

In 2005, whilst still playing for the youth team, at 17 years of age, Albert made his 1st team debut for Harrow. In just a few short appearances, Albert became a firm fans favourite with the Harrow faithful and was given the number 14 shirt. After staking his claim in the 1st team, Adomah went on to enjoy three successful seasons at Borough. His dazzling performances and sparkling runs in his 99 appearances for the club attracted a lot of attention from other clubs. In that time he bagged just under 20 goals, which in turn led to bids pouring in.

Goodbye Harrow, Hello Football League!

Tired of the low standard of the Isthmian League, Albert had become too big of a talent to stay at Harrow. He attracted interest from Football League clubs, including Rotherham, Barnet and Rushden and Diamonds. Finally, it was announced in January 2008 that Adomah would join League 2 side Barnet for an undisclosed fee, which included a friendly match between Barnet and Harrow.

Taking the Football League By Storm!

Albert was an instant hit after joining Barnet, in his first 6 months at the club he made 22 appearances; all of which were starts and bagged himself 5 goals. He made an instant impact, scoring on his debut in a 2-1 win over Hereford. Upon his arrival, Albert was so highly rated he was given the notorious number 7 shirt; usually given only to the most technically gifted players. His appearances in that last half of the season were so impressive that he was already being linked with moves away from the club in the summer.

Arrogance: My names Albert, but call me Ronaldo!

Having only been at Barnet for six months, in the summer of 2008 Albert handed in a transfer request. The Bosses at Underhill reluctantly agreed to let Albert move on as a number of Championship and even Premiership teams showed a strong interest in bringing him in. However, he showed a strong sense of loyalty after withdrawing his transfer request, stating that he 'owed it to Barnet' to stay for at least another season after they took the initial riskof signing him from lowly Harrow and gave him an opportunity to shine.

He said this in an interview shortly after withdrawing his transfer request:

"It looks like I'm staying and I'm happy to be at Barnet.

"I get on with everyone at Barnet and, of course, I feel like I owe the club something for taking a chance on someone unknown from a lower league.

"Of course I was flattered to learn that managers and scouts were watching me and there were offers as all players look to play at the highest level.

"The club didn't want me to go and resisted offers and I want all fans to know that I'll continue to give 100 per cent while I'm a Barnet player."

Barnet - 2008/09 Season

After impressing in just half a season, Barnet fans were expecting big things from Albert; and he duely delivered! Taking up his usual role on the right wing, sometimes being played in the center, he used his sheer blistering pace to cruise past defenders and get himself into good positions to recieve and deliver the ball. He had a storming first half of the season, banging in 7 goals in under 25 appearances from right-mid! Altough he only scored 3 more goals in the second half of the season, he created countless goals and got himself into scoring positions on many occassions; just not finishing as accurately as normal. His play for Barnet and work rate was pheonominal, one bit of play included a 50 yard run into the opposition half and then delivering a sublime cross into the box. Such skill and speed could not be matched by anyone in the league which often ended in opposition defenders swiping at him to stop him in his tracks. His passing is also of a good quality, which is why he was sometimes used in a center midield role, and he often carries the team with work rate and consistancey. In total, Albert made 48 appearances for the Barnet first team, all of which were starts. This included 45 league appearances, 2 FA Cup and 1 Carling Cup appearances; scoring 10 goals, 9 in the league and 1 in the FA Cup. Despite having the tendancy to draw on fouls, Albert is a well disciplined player and never responds to such blatant foul play; he didnt pick up a single booking last season. Which is unusual for the modern day footballer.

3090903161-soccer-friendly-barnet-v-arsenal-underhill-stadium.jpg

Adomah taking on Arsenals Armand Traore in their annual friendly.

Similarities

Many Barnet fans couldnt help but pick out the similarities between Adomah and ex-Underhill star Jason Puncheon; except they believe Albert has the potential to become much better. Puncheon's style of play is similar to Adomah's in the way they both rely on pace and skill to beat defenders. Both are very hardworking and have great strengths in the attacking department. They also both have the tendancey to drift inwards and attack down the center. Puncheon moved onto brighter pastures at Plymouth, and has recently enjoyed a very successful loan spell at League 1 promotion contenders Mk Dons. Although, it remains to be seen whether or not he joins the Dons on a permanent basis; if not he'll be looking to cement his place in Plymouth's first team.

Leaving So Soon?

After only an 18 month stay at Barnet, Adomah looks set to leave this summer. Albert kept his word and gave the team one more solid season, and interest has considerably grown since last year. After proving he wasnt a half-season wonder, Premier League and Championship sides have enquired and had offers turned down by Barnet boss Ian Hendon. The reported interest has come from Manchester City (although unlikely he'll move there), Reading, Norwich, Blackpool, Sheffield Utd and Watford. It is believed that Barnet have turned down two bids, apparently from Blackpool and Norwich, in the region of 500k. The Barnet Board value him more in the area of 1 million, but he may be available for 750k.

Future Prem Star!

Albert is considered very highly by then Barnet boss Paul Fairclough, who had this too say just months after his arrival at Underhill:

"Albert's future is in the Premier League, he has terrific pace and gets people on to the edge of their seats when he plays.

"There have been a number of Premier League and Championship scouts coming to our games and it's no surprise.

"He is ripping defences apart in this division and if there is a more exciting player in the league, then you'll have to show him to me."

Sadly, since then Paul has left Barnet after not delivering the right results. But he has since taken up the role of Director at the club.

New Position?

After his scoring feats from the right wing and stylish finishing, Albert is widely tipped to convert to the role of a central striker in the future. His situation shows resemblences toward Theo Walcotts predicament at Arsenal, a fabulously talented and speedy winger but is being trained to fill the boots of ex-Gooner Thierry Henry and take up the role of main stiker.

His Dream

Adomah has gone on record saying that his international career lies with Ghana. Although eligible for both Ghana and England, he has not yet received a call-up from either side. So this does mean that sometime in the future he could well represent England or Ghana at a competitive level.

Alberts Future

Currently considered a 'rough diamond', Adomah is far from the finished article. Pundits from across Britain are tipping him to reach the dizzy heights of a Premier League star. Barnet are known for developing young talents, i.e. Marlon King and Linvoy Primus, and have done a good job in nurturing Albert's talent and have brought him along nicely. But he's ready to make the step up, whether it be the Championship or the Premier League, and learn from more experienced players and coaches at a bigger club. I am pretty certain he will leave Barnet this summer and most likely join a Championship side. With his ability, he should be able to hold down a first team place for who-ever he joins. I dont know how much of a rise he'll get on SM, and tbh i dont really care. Albert is a great player that has a massive future ahead of him, and is destined to grace the top flight. It all depends now on whether he can live up to his potential.

sqd671187529375.jpg

Attributes:

* Amazing speed levels.

* Double-footed and very skillfull.

* Deadly final ball.

* Slick finisher.

* Good in the air.

Video Proof

Some good skill shown below, plus seven of his goals for Harrow.

1uIxlovOqNo

bSuBigPHaB0

lol' date=' wow!...this thread is amazing, seriously, must've took absolutely ages to get all the info together.

nice one![/quote']

Thanks mate, much appreciated. :)

Yes it did take a while.. :o

I should be able to upload a few more videos on him tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the post below, according to the clubs match report, Adomah unusually had a quite game. Maybe his heart just isnt in it after much transfer speculation to higher ranked clubs. I'll update you after Barnet play Watford in the Cup. :)

*Update*

Albert Adomah had a good game for Barnet yesterday, he won a penalty and put in a lovely ball for his team-mate to nod home.

On this form and previous games, Adomah wont be at Barnet much longer! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

* Update *

Adomah started again in last Saturdays win over Torquay.

Albert scored the winning goal in the 26th minute, a somewhat lucky free kick that crept in. Still, a goals a goal ;)

He was replaced in the 62nd minute by youngster Yannick Bolasie (on-loan from Plymouth).

Guest 1CapWonder

Alright lads, this is bizarre when I clicked on to the thread. I am looking at pictures of mates, people I've played with and against. It's weird when you see these guys on SM making it in the game and stuff. Looks like you've done a bit of work or do you just know these players like from our year age and above (Although you obviously don't know much about Mikey Keane because you were very generous in your assessment :P)

But players like Billy who you've got some good stuff on, and Saido who I've played with within the Youth Setup, are really good finds for guys that don't know them. Give us a shout either of you if you have a new player or need extra info. Tunners will be happy to see himself there, Will won't but you have underestimated him a bit, he's the pick of the bunch in my view. No idea how you knew he played for South Manchester etc. The internet is an amazing thing :rolleyes:

Anyway good work guys. Give me a bell though :)

Cheers.

Alright lads' date=' this is bizarre when I clicked on to the thread. I am looking at pictures of mates, people I've played with and against. It's weird when you see these guys on SM making it in the game and stuff. Looks like you've done a bit of work or do you just know these players like from our year age and above (Although you obviously don't know much about Mikey Keane because you were very generous in your assessment :P)

But players like Billy who you've got some good stuff on, and Saido who I've played with within the Youth Setup, are really good finds for guys that don't know them. Give us a shout either of you if you have a new player or need extra info. Tunners will be happy to see himself there, Will won't but you have underestimated him a bit, he's the pick of the bunch in my view. No idea how you knew he played for South Manchester etc. The internet is an amazing thing :rolleyes:[/b']

Anyway good work guys. Give me a bell though :)

Cheers.

Sorry, i've only just noticed your post :o

Elliot you seem to live a pretty amazing life, meeting celebs and hanging out with footballers! :eek: Any info you'd like to add on anyone here would be much appreciated. :)

Right, just found this article:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_5528115,00.html

It states that Blackpool have had another bid turned down for Adomah. My money is on Albert leaving tomorrow. :D

Sorry' date=' i've only just noticed your post :o

Elliot you seem to live a pretty amazing life, meeting celebs and hanging out with footballers! :eek: Any info you'd like to add on anyone here would be much appreciated. :)

[url']http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_5528115,00.html[/url]

It states that Blackpool have had another bid turned down for Adomah. My money is on Albert leaving tomorrow. :D

Sure he's playd for england schoolboys and rochdale!!

Guest 1CapWonder

Sorry' date=' i've only just noticed your post :o

[url']http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_5528115,00.html[/url]

No mate it looks like you've got everything covered. It's an interesting thread :)

I do have a fair few names I could throw in the hat from what I've seen in my age group and around, so if this thread dies off a bit, just whack us a PM and I'll give you a player and some info. like I said Will Keane's the pick of the bunch for me, been included in a couple of U18 squads recentley, despite him only being 16.

And Sean, how did you know that?? I obviously can't keep my mouth shut sometimes... :P

Great work again boys :)

No mate it looks like you've got everything covered. It's an interesting thread :)

I do have a fair few names I could throw in the hat from what I've seen in my age group and around' date=' so if this thread dies off a bit, just whack us a PM and I'll give you a player and some info. like I said Will Keane's the pick of the bunch for me, been included in a couple of U18 squads recentley, despite him only being 16.

[b']And Sean, how did you know that??[/b] I obviously can't keep my mouth shut sometimes... :P

Great work again boys :)

I know everthing;)

Right, regarding Adomah's future:

Blackpool saw their efforts to land Barnet youngster Albert Adomah break down on deadline day.

The Championship side lodged a second offer for the 21-year-old on Tuesday, having seen an initial bid knocked back by the Bees.

However, that approach was also spurned by Barnet as they sought to keep the highly-rated midfielder at Underhill.

Adomah has also been the subject of interest from Norwich and Watford this summer, but Bees chairman Tony Kleanthous insists the money on the table has not been right.

"We want to help Albert progress in his career but any deal has to be right for both him and the club and at the moment this has not been the case," he told the club's official website.

"He is a key member of our team and we are prepared to offer him an improved contract should he agree to stay, so we will sit down with Albert and his representatives in the next couple of weeks and see where we go from here."

Taken from Sky Sports News: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5530957,00.html

Looks like he'll stay at Barnet for now, but he may move to Blackpool on loan. This would be ideal as The Bee's are looking for nearer to 1 million for Albert instead of the 400k offered by Blackpool. If he impresses in his loan spell then i'm sure they'd be happy to pay nearer the desired amount, but if he flops then everyone on the forum can laugh at me for being a fool! :P

The only other option is that he stays at Barnet until January, and, inevitabley, Blackpool/Watford/Norwich will renew their interest with another bid.

I'll keep you informed on his progress. :D

Right lads, the elusive Albert Adomah proved why Barnet were so desperate to keep him yesterday as he grabbed another assist in the shock 2-0 win over Millwall in the 1st round of the JPT.

His assist came in only the second minute as he raced down the right flank, beating several opposition players, and picked out team mate Jake Hyde with a fabulous low ball that sizzled past the Millwall men to leave Hyde with a simple tap in at the far post.

Adomah was also heavily involved in the decisive goal, too.

After Barnet forced a corner, Albert put in an outswinging cross that fell to Kamdjo who headed back in for Ismail Yakubu to head in from close range.

Bish-bash-bosh. :D

He was subbed straight after the second goal.

As i mentioned below, the possibility of Albert Adomah's loan move to Blackpool is looking ever more likely. This is a direct quote from one of todays papers:

Blackpool are set to sign Barnet winger Albert Adomah, 21, on loan after missing out on a permanent deal.

The Seasiders will make their move next week when the loan market opens for Football League clubs.

Barnet turned down Blackpool's 250,000 bid for Adomah on Tuesday.

Looks like he's on his way out, like i predicted, should also get a healthy rise if he can secure first team football there.