Bring back the LEGENDS!

Barry MUFC

This thread is simply who would you pick to bring back to your team when they were at their best or simply and footballer you would like to watch again.

Mine is Definetely Roy Keane back at Manchester United. He was a total legend and always stuck up for his team-mates and scored important goals aswell when we needed them. He was always one for a tough tackle and seemed to easily get in Argues with Shearer and Vieira.

Guest Daragh

Re: Bring back the LEGENDS!

Jari Litmanen. He was simply pure class, just a shame he was so injury prone. He is still playing though, he plays for FC Lahti. He used to be my hero growing up. I know Bob Loblaw is a huge fan of his too.

This thread is simply who would you pick to bring back to your team when they were at their best or simply and footballer you would like to watch again.

Mine is Definetely Roy Keane back at Manchester United. He was a total legend and always stuck up for his team-mates and scored important goals aswell when we needed them. He was always one for a tough tackle and seemed to easily get in Argues with Shearer and Vieira.

we could definately do with having roy keane in his prime back at united. we have absolutely no one who can dominate the midfield like he did.:(

Duncan Edwards his career was cruelly taken away such a shame:(:(:(:(

That one would be nice. Especially to see if he could become the player people made out he was going to be.

A lot of people from back then who seen him always says that he had unlimited potential.

• 4 months later...

Clive Mendonca at Grimsby :D Not quite Maradona' date=' Pele or Charlton, but pretty darn close.[/quote']

What a player. :D When Buckley came to manage us in the mid 90s he brought about half the bleedin Grimsby team with him, but the one player who would have done us any good we never had a sniff of.

I'd love to be able to see the Albion team of the late 60s/70s that my dad and all the other old boys wax lyrical about. Astle, Brown, Statham, Regis, Cantello, Robson, Cunningham, Johnstone all around the same era. We'll never get near that again.

What a player. :D When Buckley came to manage us in the mid 90s he brought about half the bleedin Grimsby team with him' date=' but the one player who would have done us any good we never had a sniff of.

I'd love to be able to see the Albion team of the late 60s/70s that my dad and all the other old boys wax lyrical about. Astle, Brown, Statham, Regis, Cantello, Robson, Cunningham, Johnstone all around the same era. We'll never get near that again.[/quote']

Yeah I remember he took Paul Groves with him, then brought him back to Grimsby after you sacked him. I think he brought Stacy Coldicott from WBA too? Aaah, Stacy Coldicott :rolleyes:

Yeah I remember he took Paul Groves with him' date=' then brought him back to Grimsby after you sacked him. I think he brought Stacy Coldicott from WBA too? Aaah, Stacy Coldicott :rolleyes:[/quote']

Stacy Coldicott. :D The less said about him the better I think. Groves was always one of those players who looked like he should be good, but just never did it for us. Mind you, not many did in those days. We also had the pleasure of Buckley bringing his useless son Adam with him, one of the worst professional footballers I've ever seen wear the stripes. And theres been a few stinkers.

Was Dave Gilbert from Grimsby? He was just a rank bad player. Didn't you have Kevin Donovan after he left our place as well? Decent little player on his day he was.