• Gerrard
    • Ronaldo (brazillian one)
    • Ronaldo (the diving one!:P)
    • Baggio
    • Banks
    • Zindane
    • Other (sepcify)

Re: Best player in history

why are the likes of gerrard' date=' ronaldo, beckham and baggio on that list - for a start arent even the greatest player to ever play for their clubs (liverpool, man united, real madrid and juve)[/quote']

gerrard defintaly one of the best to wear a liverpool shirt! then who wud u say is the best ever?

gerrard defintaly one of the best to wear a liverpool shirt! then who wud u say is the best ever?

dalglish is #1, and keegan and souness are just ahead (souness more so than keegan, even though souness is a complete prat)

How did Beckham and Gerrard get in the list when there are so many greats missing?

Alfredo di Stefano, Raymond Kopa, Ferenc Puskas, Omar Sivori, Luis Suarez, Eusebio, Lev Yashin, Gerd Muller, Johan Cruyff, Franz Beckenbauer, Franco Baresi, Michel Platini, Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Frank Rijkaard, Dejan Savicevic, Hristo Stoichkov, Paolo Maldini, George Weah; just to name a few.

How did Beckham and Gerrard get in the list when there are so many greats missing?

Alfredo di Stefano' date=' Raymond Kopa, Ferenc Puskas, Omar Sivori, Luis Suarez, Eusebio, Lev Yashin, Gerd Muller, Johan Cruyff, Franz Beckenbauer, Franco Baresi, Michel Platini, Marco van Basten, Ruud Gullit, Frank Rijkaard, Dejan Savicevic, Hristo Stoichkov, Paolo Maldini, George Weah; just to name a few.[/quote']

i see ur point- theres too many greats to narrow it down to one- after all soccer/football is a team game not one for an individual

i see ur point- theres too many greats to narrow it down to one- after all soccer/football is a team game not one for an individual

I agree, but those players have achieved much more than Beckham and Gerrard, individually and for their team; so not including them but including Beckham and Gerrard seems rather hastly. :)

I agree' date=' but those players have achieved much more than Beckham and Gerrard, individually and for their team; so not including them but including Beckham and Gerrard seems rather hastly. :)[/quote']

i never said those on my list were the best- they were just some suggestions.

For me it has to be Pele (Even though he was before my time), best player in my lifetime has to be Diego Maradona, none of todays stars come anywhere near. Another player who many of the older generation talk about is Alfredo Di Stefano who was the main man at the legendary Real Madrid in the late fifties and early sixties, though with the lack of footage of him you can only judge by what has been written.