Music Festivals Thread

Barry MUFC

Re: Music Festivals Thread

Really wanted to go to Glastonbury this year' date=' but couldn't. :o

Went to the V-Festival last two years in a row!

It's awesome!! :D

Best gig ive been to is Foo Fighters in London. I got Dave Grolls (spelling) drumstick :D[/quote']

Was it Dave's or the actual Foo Fighters drummer stick? Whatever the case, sell me it. :P:D

I'm going to Oxegen (Biggest Irish music festical) now on Thursday week, 4 days of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. :D Althought it won't be anywhere as good as last years (musical wise) lol

mmm i try to stay away from rock concerts (apart from nickelback which my ex dragged me to)

chose to spend on michael mcintyre tickets rather than glastonbury

been to beyonce concert and going again l8r this year

best concert - pussycat dolls with ne-yo and lady gaga as supporting acts....eeeeeebbb <3

Gutted to be missing Glastonbury this year, it looked so good on TV. I'm going to Leeds to the A.Monkeys day with The Prodigy and Maximo Park who are my fav band. I'm gonna apply to help for Oxfam next year and get free fest tickets. My best gig was The Killers at V Fest 07.

Was it Dave's or the actual Foo Fighters drummer stick? Whatever the case' date=' sell me it. :P:D

I'm going to Oxegen (Biggest Irish music festical) now on Thursday week, 4 days of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. :D Althought it won't be anywhere as good as last years (musical wise) lol[/quote']

No, its literally his... i was at the front in the mosh and at the end i was like pointing a shouting and he gave it to me :D

Got it framed in my house :)

The only festival I'm going to this year will be Damnation (1-day, indoor metal festival in Leeds) at the end of october.

announce2207.jpg

So that's something like this:

Stage 1

(Headliner TBA)

Therapy?

Destruction

Electric Wizard

The Gates of Slumber

(+ more TBA)

Stage 2

Lock Up

Rotting Christ

Akercocke

Mistress

Extreme Noise Terror

Negura Bunget

Charger

(+ more TBA)

Stage 3

Jesu

This Will Destroy You

A Storm of Light

Minsk

Manatees

And So I Watch You From Afar

Stand-up Guy

Rinoa

I think Anathema are pretty much certain to be playing (not as headliners), but there's no official word at the moment, probably because of Anathema's contract with Bloodstock (which they're playing a couple of months earlier).

Its not really a festival so to speak' date=' but theres a few metal bands getting together for a gig in Norwich in a couple months, all I know is Bring Me the Horizon will be there. :D

Skindred playing after, can't wait! :D[/quote']

Think I'll be giving BMTH a miss (not a fan, if I'm honest :P), although I might go along to Skindred on one of the dates a bit closer to home.

Depends if I can afford it, really. The Bolt Thrower/Benediction/Beholder gig in Birmingham takes priority, then after that there's Damnation Fest, plus Absu, Orange Goblin, and Amon Amarth gigs all happening at around the same time. Oh, and Behemoth if they're headlining any of their dates with Devildriver, Trigger The Bloodshed, Suicide Silence and Malefice (all of whom I can't stand in the slightest). I'll never understand why Behemoth always insist on touring with more scene orientated metal bands they have absolutely no musical similarities to :confused: