Sign in to follow this  
Hunty

The Official Rugby Thread

Re: Official Rugby Thread

A few friendlies were played in preparations for the super14 that starts next month.

Stormers 54-12 Western Force

Reds 26-24 Waratahs

Highlanders 31-24 Chiefs

Blues 19-17 Hurricanes

Can't wait for a week on Saturday to come round. I shall be six rows back between the 22 and try line at Twickenham for England's Six Nations opener against Wales. As I said...........CAN'T WAIT!:D

Can't wait for a week on Saturday to come round. I shall be six rows back between the 22 and try line at Twickenham for England's Six Nations opener against Wales. As I said...........CAN'T WAIT!:D

Paint your face, wave a flag, and make sure you sing like a madman during the National Anthem's. That way you're sure to get on TV :)

Leicester dumped out of the Heineken cup yesterday! :(

I was heart-broken. Have to really concentrate on the Premiership now...

P.S There are a few rugby fans around so lets try get this thread going strong ;)

EDIT:

Ryan where did you get that gif in your sig from?

Leicester dumped out of the Heineken cup yesterday! :(

I was heart-broken. Have to really concentrate on the Premiership now...

P.S There are a few rugby fans around so lets try get this thread going strong ;)

EDIT:

Ryan where did you get that gif in your sig from?

Someone made it it a while back. He has a request thread in the Graphics Section, just find a video on Youtube and send him it. Liam something or other, can't remember the exact name. You'd only want an Ulster one anyway, you can just use mine ;)

We were very unlucky at the weekend as well! Needed Edinburgh to beat Stade by more than 7 points and we needed to get a bonus point win away to Bath. As it we're we scored three tries, just one short of the bonus point. Edinburgh only beat Stade 9-7 though so it wouldn't have mattered but it was reallllyyyy close. It looked like Edinburgh would have scored a few times and Ulster came close to four.

Ulster's first win away in the European Cup though. Amazing considering they won the competition in 1999. Also our first win on English soil, great to finally get the victory. It would have been much tougher though had Danny Grewcock not received a red card in the early stages after stamping on Stephen Ferris - dirty git B)

What did yous think of the Ospreys game? They had 16 men on the field for a phase of play before realising their mistake and quickly pulling off Lee Byrne. Didn't really affect the outcome but surely some sort of punishment should be sanctioned.

Someone made it it a while back. He has a request thread in the Graphics Section' date=' just find a video on Youtube and send him it. Liam something or other, can't remember the exact name. You'd only want an Ulster one anyway, you can just use mine ;)

We were very unlucky at the weekend as well! Needed Edinburgh to beat Stade by more than 7 points and we needed to get a bonus point win away to Bath. As it we're we scored three tries, just one short of the bonus point. Edinburgh only beat Stade 9-7 though so it wouldn't have mattered but it was reallllyyyy close. It looked like Edinburgh would have scored a few times and Ulster came close to four.

Ulster's first win away in the European Cup though. Amazing considering they won the competition in 1999. Also our first win on English soil, great to finally get the victory. It would have been much tougher though had Danny Grewcock not received a red card in the early stages after stamping on Stephen Ferris - dirty git B)

What did yous think of the Ospreys game? They had 16 men on the field for a phase of play before realising their mistake and quickly pulling off Lee Byrne. Didn't really affect the outcome but surely some sort of punishment should be sanctioned.[/quote']

Hmm... well we were on the attack at the time, no matter how much it effected the game , its against the rules. :rolleyes: but hey can't really do anything about it.

Looking forward to the six nations now though :D

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/qualifying/news/newsid=2037051.html#lithuania+rugby+world+record

Lituania broke record for most wins in a row to 18. I guess they were never aloud to play in world cup quafiliers or they wud have qualified or lost some games

It's not exactly a great achievment considering the teams they play, but still making a world record ahead of NZ, SA and Australia is pretty impressive.

WE LOVE YOU BEN YOUNGS' date=' WE DO!!! OH BEN YOUNGS WE LOVE YOU! :D

I met him like a couple of meets ago :P[/quote']

He's a local lad, so i hate him slightly less than the rest of your team right now :(

Wish i could find a stream though, the Yahoo text just isn't the same :(

He's a local lad' date=' so i hate him slightly less than the rest of your team right now :(

Wish i could find a stream though, the Yahoo text just isn't the same :([/quote']

Yeah I know, he use to play for Holt.. he's a proper nice guy as well!

And muhahaha get Sky+ HD ;)

Yeah I know' date=' he use to play for Holt.. he's a proper nice guy as well!

And muhahaha get Sky+ HD ;)[/quote']

I've still got one of them Cathode Ray TV's so that wouldn't help ;)

You know, the ones that are massive and old.... :(

Maybe we shouldn't have brought Borthwick back in the team.....

We kept winning without him :eek: