Sign in to follow this  
Hunty

The Official Rugby Thread

Re: Official Rugby Thread

Anyone watch the Wallabies/Irish match last night?

It wasn't the best of performances, but hey a win is a win and going forward it will give our young squad plenty of confidence. I thought Quade Cooper was brilliant, he was easily our best. You've just got to love that 'X-Factor' he has about him. Rocky Elsom played his best game of the year which is really good signs for us.

Bring on the Tri-Nations! No one expects us to do well against New Zealand and South Africa, but maybe just maybe we can produce a couple of upsets. B)

Six Nations tonight and I really am looking forward to it' date='I think England have enough about themselves to beat Wales tonight but in the Millennium Stadium and with Wales been fired up who knows what could happen.[/quote']

Oh the Welsh are fired up tonight, really looking forward to this match.

Looking at the line ups it's clear that England have a much, much better team but that's only on paper. In the front row England will be dominant, but i think we have more experience in second row and a very fast back of the fronts especially at 6 and 8.

Big night for Shane Williams, whilst i feel we have a strong backline on the whole but Hook's at 15 which is rather strange although you can't do much without Byrne. We're still strong at the centre's and i think were not a bad side and they'll be fired up so hopefully we'll start off well. There's one or two weaknesses in the English squad aswell, including Tindall so it's not going to be impossible to score tries.

If we can go in at half-time infront, or even level then we've got one or two on the bench to come on and try and get us the result.

WALES!!!, WALES!!!, WALES!!!

You going to get this many fans for the football game between us?

Yes' date=' for England we'll sell out. But aside from the England game, even when we've played the likes of Russia and Germany we'll get 40,000 max and the majority of the games have to be played at the Cardiff City Stadium which is only 80% full itself.

DOMINATION!

WALES!!! WALES!!! WALES!!!!

Awful trip from the Welsh inside centre on Chris Ashton. Should have been sent off for that! And he'll be sited definitely. Anyway, I personally think England have enough this year to win the whole thing! :D

Awful trip from the Welsh inside centre on Chris Ashton. Should have been sent off for that! And he'll be sited definitely. Anyway' date=' I personally think England have enough this year to win the whole thing! :D[/quote']

Ye, he'll get banned for the next couple of matches.

Awful from Wales generally, what was that from Hook that could have easily led to a try. Where's the likes of Jamie Roberts and James Hook in the game in the attacking end of the field.

And as i type England have scored there 2nd try, and put some serious ground between themselves and Wales.

nice to see the referee single handedly winning england the game

What are you on mate. We got our player binned and to be honest the referee missed a couple of things for both sides, he was even throughout and although i don't at all agree with the comment that England were on top all the match - as for the first 20 minutes and a period of about 15 minutes in the second half Wales were very much on top.

very biased england fan i see

Not really:o,obviously Wales had all the possession but the try aside you never really looked like scoring a try to be honest,it was a clear gameplan whereby we soaked up the pressure as we knew you couldn't really hurt us,we looked far far more dangerous going forward and it showed.