Sign in to follow this  
Hunty

The Official Rugby Thread

Re: Official Rugby Thread

bod-gatland.jpg

"If only you were Welsh" :P

His international career would be as good as over.

Everyone's criticizing Gatland for fielding so many Welsh players, even now, but the nationalities shouldn't matter as long as it's the strongest XV.

Every single one of the Welsh players involved had very good cases to being in the side, and it may be me being biased but all of the most important players for the Lions in the tour were welsh.

Leigh Halfpenny, Alun Wyn Jones, and Adam Jones were the strongest players in the tournament for the Lions in my opinion. The likes of Hibbard, North, Cuthbert, Warburton, Lydiate, Davies and Faletau all made a positive impact towards the series win as well.

I know it's early but I think Wales have a great chance in 2015, and I'm very confident about next years six nations already.

Everyone's criticizing Gatland for fielding so many Welsh players' date=' even now, but the nationalities shouldn't matter as long as it's the strongest XV.

Every single one of the Welsh players involved had very good cases to being in the side, and it may be me being biased but all of the most important players for the Lions in the tour were welsh.

Leigh Halfpenny, Alun Wyn Jones, and Adam Jones were the strongest players in the tournament for the Lions in my opinion. The likes of Hibbard, North, Cuthbert, Warburton, Lydiate, Davies and Faletau all made a positive impact towards the series win as well.

I know it's early but I think Wales have a great chance in 2015, and I'm very confident about next years six nations already.[/quote']

Yes they were good.. But that doesn't detract the fact that they're Welsh :P

All joking aside, unfortunately I can't see past you lot for the 6N for the next two years at least

69/79 points scored by the Lions over the three tests were from Welsh players.

I believe and I'm sure the score proves that Gatland made the right team choice.

Great weekend for the British all round.

Everyone's criticizing Gatland for fielding so many Welsh players' date=' even now, but the nationalities shouldn't matter as long as it's the strongest XV.

I know it's early but I think Wales have a great chance in 2015, and I'm very confident about next years six nations already.[/quote']

I find it incredible when you mention most important players that you don't mention Corbisero, our entire win and base on which to win the match was the scrum and Corbisero was the absolute beast of a driving force in there and had the Aussies on toast.

To overlook his contribution is staggering, no doubt the majority of the lions best players were Welsh (which was fairly obvious considering how many started) but Coprbisero was just as if not more important than the majority of them.

I find it incredible when you mention most important players that you don't mention Corbisero' date=' our entire win and base on which to win the match was the scrum and Corbisero was the absolute beast of a driving force in there and had the Aussies on toast.

To overlook his contribution is staggering, no doubt the majority of the lions best players were Welsh (which was fairly obvious considering how many started) but Coprbisero was just as if not more important than the majority of them.[/quote']

Corbisiero did make a big impact, but I wouldn't put him in the top 3 most important players as Adam Jones contributed in one more test and I think he was the better prop. I think our scrum without Adam Jones was weakened a lot more in the later stages of games than for the majority of the second test (after 25 minutes) when Corbisiero was missing.

We've been pretty poor today. The crowd are finally getting into the game.

And we've scored! :D fantastic.

But there's a lot of work to be done before 2015. And this last ten minutes show what a big crowd can do when they're all behind you. 2015 is a huge opportunity to win the World Cup again.

Brilliant win over the Aussies. We've got a lot to do technically, but our grit was evident today. That's good to see. Worst thing over recent years has been missed tackles and open back lines. That wasn't apparent today against arguably the best attacking back line in the world.

Thankfully their scrum and defence was typically Australian - poor

England were superb today. We dominated set pieces and thrived off the momentum that gave us.

Then Tom Youngs came on and all momentum was lost as our line out completely fell to pieces due to his ineptitude.

Twelvetrees and Tomkins aren't doing enough to justify their continued selection either. Tuilagi is injured at the minute, and he would normally take one of their places, like key Tomkins, but neither are good enough.

However, we have come out of this autumn series very well. Played extremely well today and this is good going into the 6N come February. This team is showing promising signs with two years to go until our home World Cup. Which I cannot wait for

Amazed to see that this thread hasn't been used much!

Having come back on the forum, looking to see if there's anyone else out there watching the Aviva Premiership the French league etc, even more so with the World Cup next year

I'm in Northampton but a big Bath fan and go to games when I'm down in the City.

Currently watching the Saints smash Gloucester, brilliant show of attacking rugby with the brilliance of Myler and especially North who has bagged a hat-trick, the second try was beautiful.

And as I am about to hit submit reply, a 6th saints try.

Bath currently leading Sale 13-19. Young Watson with a try for Bath in no time! :D And Ford has converted and also put over 4 penalties

BT Sport have a double header currently, and I'm watching an incredible comeback from Wasps over last years beaten finalists Saracens! 20-9 at HT and now Wasps lead 20-28

What an end to the game at Twickenham! Cruel on Wasps but it was the making of their own downfall. But Dave Strettle after a long wait with the TMO bags himself a hat-trick and with Farrel's conversion Saracens take the game 34-28!

As for the other game with Sale and Bath, Mark Easter went over for Sale with 15 minutes remaining and with Cipriani converting Sale took the lead for the first time in the game. However Rokoduguni goes over for Bath with 9 minutes left on the clock with Ford converting! Another penalty 3 minutes before the end meant Bath were 9 points clear and Ford took his tally to 19 points and Bath claim an opening day victory 20-29!

What an opening weekend so far after the incredible performance from Saints last night to a last minute winner for a fortunate Saracens! Leicester debutant Burns has converted 4 penalties for the Tigers with them leading 12-3 in the 3:00pm kick off.

There's gotta be more people on the forum who enjoy a bit of Rugby, come on guys!

I love rugby but I don't really follow the Aviva Premiership' date=' I watch a lot of Rabo Pro12 though. Munster are my team ;)

Any of you guys see Australia v South Africa? Was a cracking game with the Wallabies winning 24-23[/quote']

I saw that result yeah, great comeback for the Aussies

Not really watched too much Pro 12, clashes with Aviva currently! haha

I saw that result yeah' date=' great comeback for the Aussies

Not really watched too much Pro 12, clashes with Aviva currently! haha[/quote']

Yeah the last 10mins were fantastic!

Yeah it's a pity heh. Are Bath in any European competitions this year?

Yeah the last 10mins were fantastic!

Yeah it's a pity heh. Are Bath in any European competitions this year?

Yeah Bath are in the European Rugby Champions Cup (the old Heineken) having finished 5th last season. Be good to see them against the best of Europe! Have an awesome young squad and I'm confident they can compete with the best

Yeah Bath are in the European Rugby Champions Cup (the old Heineken) having finished 5th last season. Be good to see them against the best of Europe! Have an awesome young squad and I'm confident they can compete with the best

Ah nice one, I remember seeing the group stage draw a while back but wasn't sure if Bath made it or not :L I can't even remember who's in Munster's group..

Nice one, I look forward to seeing them this year so!

Aviva Premiership

Week 2

Friday

Harlequins vs Saracens

Saturday

Bath v London Welsh

Gloucester v Sale

Exeter v Leicester

Sunday

Wasps v Northampton

Newcastle v London Irish

Easily the tastiest game of the weekend will be Quins v Saracens tonight. However Leicester travelling to Exeter will be tasty encounter too. The resurgent Wasps also host Saints who saw off the new look Gloucester.

I'm personally buzzing as I'll be at The Rec next week for Bath against Leicester :D

Last season followed into that game. They had three players who could have scored that try' date=' horrendous! :P[/quote']

I'm sure things will turn around soon. Bristol were close to being in the Prem themselves so was probably the toughest start could have been given!

I'm sure things will turn around soon. Bristol were close to being in the Prem themselves so was probably the toughest start could have been given!

Easily, makes all the more frustrating - if we could of held on it would have made a huge difference to our mentality.

Cornish Pirates are the only other real test to be honest but we should win those games too.

Looking forward to this game tonight. Saracens will need to improve after last weeks lucky escape and Harlequins will need to up their game too.

Saracens have won 10 out of the last 11 meetings which is an incredible stat!

BT Sport I think are brilliant with their coverage so if you love your Rugby having this channel is a must! And obviously with the added bonuses of Saturday lunch time prem games and serie a and bundesliga games, you get your monies worth!

Key man to watch tonight? Dave Strettle's hat-trick last week was brilliant, and with so much competition for places in a world cup year, he's started brilliantly in pushing for a wide berth at the world cup.

If both sides perform to their best this game will be brilliant, I can see a close encounter though and I'm going to go against the record and say Quins could sneak this one!

Quins 0-16 Saracens HT

Well what do i know?! Quins error after error is costing them dearly! Saracens are pressuring well, and Charlie Hodgson's converted charge down try and 3 penalties separate the sides.

Quins will need to sort out the basics to get back in this one! :o