Credibility of Gold Setups

Re: Credibility of Gold Setups

I have used AOL before now and have tried to get good clubs in standard setups' date=' AOL SUCKS it is slow, always crashing and never loads the site you want!!

So I decided to use Google Crome instead, it is very good and is much better. :)[/quote']

AOL is terrible i know, but i've been using FireFox And got A few Half Decent Teams, so im sticking with it. :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said before anyway' date=' its not the speed of your internet that gets you good GC teams. Its about your tactics, browser and personal awareness speed that count the most. I can testify to this. :) Inter, United, Madrid, Barca... you name it all in GC's.[/quote']

m8 agree with u .... mine must be the slowest connection on here :o

1-1-1.jpg

but still i have got sides like inter, valencia, lyon, fiorentina etc:D

although i can increase my speed to the below shown level (at moments notice) which is pretty decent but still not the fastest ... but i rarely use it

3-1.jpg

Guest Football8

Should stand for "America's One Line" :D

Would it not be slow because we live in England and using America's servers ? B)

i found out that ping means it the transfer of messages between you and the server and th elower the ping the better you should do

i maybe wrong but i think ping is the time it takes for a server to react to data sent by your laptop or vice versa eg you click refresh it will be 50ms before the server receives the message you want to refresh and then allow you to load the page again.

if you live in australia maybe it will be a problem of a ping of a few seconds but in england the time is usuallyt less than 100ms so it makes no difference to getting a club :P

i maybe wrong but i think ping is the time it takes for a server to react to data sent by your laptop or vice versa eg you click refresh it will be 50ms before the server receives the message you want to refresh and then allow you to load the page again.

if you live in australia maybe it will be a problem of a ping of a few seconds but in england the time is usuallyt less than 100ms so it makes no difference to getting a club :P

yh sorry i wasnt to clear you and the websites server

Thought this thread was about Credibility of Gold Setups?

Anyway your broadband speed won't really make too much difference as the web page you are getting from the server is only about 20KB (Kilo BYTES).

Your broadband speed is measured in Mega BITS (not BYTES). There are 8 BITS in a BYTE so if you had a 8Mb (Mega BIT) broadband you would be able to download a 1MB (Mega BYTE) file in 1 second (divide by 8 to convert Mega BYTES to BITS), (bored yet????) so a 20KB (Kilo BYTE) file should take next to no time to download, regardless of your broadband speed.

The biggest factors are your computers memory and processor speed, this will enable your web browser to process the HTML sent by the soccermanager server into the web page you see on the screen before you, oh and also your hand eye co-ordination to point the mouse at the required club then the manage club button.

Just thought i'd try and clear this up as there have been many questions regarding broadband speed.

I think this thread (Erase the broadband speed facade) is the same as the thread that Muntasir created yesterday about whether SM was boring without GC's.

Some say GC's have lost their speciality some disagree. Some love 'em to the max..Others do but with in a limit..

I guess not everyone will be pleased with SM at the end of the day.

I think this thread (Erase the broadband speed facade) is the same as the thread that Muntasir created yesterday about whether SM was boring without GC's.

Some say GC's have lost their speciality some disagree. Some love 'em to the max..Others do but with in a limit..

I guess not everyone will be pleased with SM at the end of the day.

They aren't as special as they used to be because there is 64 of the things, but they are still easily the best setups in SM, both in terms of enjoyment and the test they provide.