Esteban cambiasso. Over rated?

rory plant

Re: Esteban cambiasso. Over rated?

have you ever seen Cambiasso play? The guy is sheer class, not to mention he starts for one of the best teams in the world. 95 rating may be a tad high but it's not as crazy as some of you have made it out to be. I'd rate him at a 94/95 tbh.

have you ever seen Cambiasso play? The guy is sheer class' date=' not to mention he starts for one of the best teams in the world. 95 rating may be a tad high but it's not as crazy as some of you have made it out to be. I'd rate him at a 94/95 tbh.[/quote']

I watch him many times...Take into account the fact he plays in a very low standard league. Italian league is not half as good as it was, players are old and clubs can't afford new players..

A player who i think is highly over rated is cambiasso. You never hear of him winning trophies or even his name being mentioned. Outstanding players like Iniesta are one above him and there is a big difference in ability there.

And he's not even a starter on the Argentine NT, they prefer Gago and old Verón to him.

A player who i think is highly over rated is cambiasso. You never hear of him winning trophies or even his name being mentioned. Outstanding players like Iniesta are one above him and there is a big difference in ability there.

I think you must get your "ears" checked:D. I wonder whos the defensive lynchpin that helped Inter achieve 4 consecutive Scudettos? Iniesta was outstanding since a few years ago, yet he only shot to prominence (" his name was being mentioned") this season after his heroics in the Champions League and the later part of La Liga. (Basically, you don't hear Iniesta winning trophies or even his name being mentioned last season, when he WAS 94 and 95 rated--> Its the same thing)

And he's not even a starter on the Argentine NT' date=' they prefer Gago and old Verón to him.[/quote']

bergessio and countless others are preferred to gonzalo higuain in the argentina setup, otamendi preferred to garay - just because one person thinks that an aging veron and someone who is nowhere near his ability (gago) doesnt mean that they are better, especially when that person (and as much as I loved him as a player) makes some very, very odd decisions

and as for him being overrated - jesus, watch the guy play, and look up how inter fans see cambiasso. and serie a is not a "very low standard league" either

He is a good player but 95 class I dont think so to rate him better than Mascherano, Diego, Alonso and on a par with lampard, Ribery is not right.

I accept they are different kind of players but I have seen a lot of Cambiasso and he is definetly not 95 class IMO 94/93 would be right for him.

He is a good player but 95 class I dont think so to rate him better than Mascherano' date=' Diego, Alonso and on a par with lampard, Ribery is not right.

I accept they are different kind of players but I have seen a lot of Cambiasso and he is definetly not 95 class IMO 94/93 would be right for him.[/quote']

i agree but i am sure Masch should derserve the same rating with Lamps and Ribery.

I think you must get your "ears" checked:D. I wonder whos the defensive lynchpin that helped Inter achieve 4 consecutive Scudettos? Iniesta was outstanding since a few years ago' date=' yet he only shot to prominence (" his name was being mentioned") this season after his heroics in the Champions League and the later part of La Liga. (Basically, you don't hear Iniesta winning trophies or even his name being mentioned last season, when he WAS 94 and 95 rated--> Its the same thing)[/quote']

To be honest, in the last 3-4 years i havent heard of cambiasso, Italian league is a much slower standard, there is far better players then cambiasso who are unrecognised.

Have any of you guys actually watched Cambiasso play? Seems like a player has to score in order for you to 'hear' him:rolleyes:

Claiming the Italian league isn't as good is sheer biasness based towards EPL. Just because you live in England, support an English team it doesn't mean it's the best league in the world...

Cambiasso is class for Inter and you could call him the Iniesta of Inter. I think you guys need to watch him play before coming to conclusions to whether he deserves his ratings or not. 4 consecutive Scudetto's with him being in the heart of the midfield...Says alot doesn't it? My suggestion is watch him play and watch the Italian league...

And you can't compare Cambiasso to players like Terry or Robinho etc as mentioned below because if you are too compare than compare him to a player of his position. Mascherano is good but you guys would obviously say he is better as you have never seen Cambiasso and see Mascherano on a daily basis....

If Masch was to move to barca, then in a few months time you would say that someone else of the EPL is better than Masch simply as you don't 'hear' enough of him:rolleyes:

Have any of you guys actually watched Cambiasso play? Seems like a player has to score in order for you to 'hear' him:rolleyes:

Claiming the Italian league isn't as good is sheer biasness based towards EPL. Just because you live in England' date=' support an English team it doesn't mean it's the best league in the world...

Cambiasso is class for Inter and you could call him the Iniesta of Inter. I think you guys need to watch him play before coming to conclusions to whether he deserves his ratings or not. 4 consecutive Scudetto's with him being in the heart of the midfield...Says alot doesn't it? My suggestion is watch him play and watch the Italian league...

And you can't compare Cambiasso to players like Terry or Robinho etc as mentioned below because if you are too compare than compare him to a player of his position. Mascherano is good but you guys would obviously say he is better as you have never seen Cambiasso and see Mascherano on a daily basis....

If Masch was to move to barca, then in a few months time you would say that someone else of the EPL is better than Masch simply as you don't 'hear' enough of him:rolleyes:[/quote']

well said. Finally someone who supports cambiasso :D

come on guys, he isn't a 95 for nothing!

well said. Finally someone who supports cambiasso :D

come on guys' date=' he isn't a 95 for nothing![/quote']

Yeah Mate. I'd be happy for some people to throw stats at me and provide a good debate rather than bias opinions. What's an argument for his 95 rating? Argentinian international, Plays in one of the best league in the world, plays for one of the best teams in the world, heart of Inter midfield, four consecutive Scudetto's... :D

I do watc Inter Milan evey week and he is not 95 standard..simple as IMO to suggest he is a better player than Mascherano or Diego is not right. The Italian league is weaker than the EPL and La Liga you only have to look at the relative squads, performances in European competitions in the last few years to see that. If anybody can seriously suggest that the top 4 in Italy are as strong asthe top 4 in the EPL or La Liga they are dluding themselves, I cerainly know that the Italian league is a lot easier to win than either of the other 2. Inter benefited enormously from thematch fixing scandal and with the currenteconomic climate none of the others can or have the fnancial clout to catch up or compete.

Cambiaso much like Ibra always eems to have "quiet" games when it matters in the champions league and Europe is the best place to barometer a players worth up against the other best players in Europe,

I do watc Inter Milan evey week and he is not 95 standard..simple as IMO to suggest he is a better player than Mascherano or Diego is not right. The Italian league is weaker than the EPL and La Liga you only have to look at the relative squads' date=' performances in European competitions in the last few years to see that. If anybody can seriously suggest that the top 4 in Italy are as strong asthe top 4 in the EPL or La Liga they are dluding themselves, I cerainly know that the Italian league is a lot easier to win than either of the other 2. Inter benefited enormously from thematch fixing scandal and with the currenteconomic climate none of the others can or have the fnancial clout to catch up or compete.

Cambiaso much like Ibra always eems to have "quiet" games when it matters in the champions league and Europe is the best place to barometer a players worth up against the other best players in Europe,[/quote']

Well said mate, Thats another player who is over rated. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Like against man utd in the champions league , he didnt do anythink , utd defenders took him out the game, hes only good in seria a because of the standard of play

isnt that all the ingredients for an underrated player?

the guy is class. they say inter are 10 men plus ibra. really they are 8 men plus ibra, maicon and cambiasso imo

I do watc Inter Milan evey week and he is not 95 standard..simple as IMO to suggest he is a better player than Mascherano or Diego is not right. The Italian league is weaker than the EPL and La Liga you only have to look at the relative squads' date=' performances in European competitions in the last few years to see that. If anybody can seriously suggest that the top 4 in Italy are as strong asthe top 4 in the EPL or La Liga they are dluding themselves, I cerainly know that the Italian league is a lot easier to win than either of the other 2. Inter benefited enormously from thematch fixing scandal and with the currenteconomic climate none of the others can or have the fnancial clout to catch up or compete.

Cambiaso much like Ibra always eems to have "quiet" games when it matters in the champions league and Europe is the best place to barometer a players worth up against the other best players in Europe,[/quote']

Why isn't he a 95 rated player? He's adventerous, hardworking, a great passer. The only reason his place in Argentina is not guaranteed and Mascherano's is because Masch is the Argentine captain. But if you wish to compare Masch and Cambiasso then not only do you look at individual quality, but also teams they play in....

No one knows for sure which league is the best in the world. Serie A, EPL and La Liga are the three best leagues in the world but you can't put a 1-3 number on them. If you are to talk about the teams then Inter Milan have been dominating the Italian league for seasons now. Juve have climbed back up the first tier and they still have brilliant players, (The same players that defeated in Real Madrid mind) and for Inter to still win the league does say something about the team and the manager.

Mascherano plays for Liverpool who haven't won the title in decades nor. With Liverpool, it's alwaysa matter of 'Almost There...Maybe next season'... For a player to be rated highly, it matters on the player's attributes....Where Cambiasso is undoubtedly one of the world's best CM's... As well as team honours...Where Inter have more trophies in the past four seasons than Liverpool have done for time...

And Thank You mr Liucci, agree with you there...