"Crippling attendances and gate receipts"

Re: "Crippling attendances and gate receipts"

But does the realistic attendances not negate the increase in stadium size. Won't he still get his usual low attendances. In real life they are less than full' date=' why have them expanded?[/quote']

Ya.. For some reason SM Have not done away with the increase in stadium capacity feature... i take this asa hope of a reversal of this muck feature

If your're acrington and are consitently in division 1 and doing well then in real life arcrington are sure to have much improved attendence/capacity,This shoudl also be the case in SM

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Crippling custom game world attendances. I've thought for a long time there is a problem with attendances within SM and it looks like its getting worse although I have not experienced it myself w

Re: Crippling custom game world attendances. like i said earier in the thread it makes most teams unmanagable and will make a lot of game worlds very empty. sm have tried to make the game more realis

Re: Crippling custom game world attendances. I just don't understand why SM want to use realistic attendances because this game doesn't work to real life. Other than game world changes being made at

Shelbourne's right; if you had spent the old transfer budget it would have been spending money you didn't actually have in the bank. It would have just put you into debt (and increased the wage bill) which would have made the situation even harder to get out of.

Your chairman will not keep reinvesting if he thinks your squad is of a value that will allow you to complete.

The stadium increase should help your finances as it will increase your weekly income.

If you want to buy a player soon though' date=' you will probably need to sell someone.[/quote']

You are spot on in that I would have been 6m in debt but the point is had I of invested that money into players before the season finished that I know would have got the increases I would have a far greater return on investment than just taking it away.

The fact that my chairman thinks that my squad can compete is fine so I dont expect him to invest the money back into the transfer budget but if he had just moved this money into the balance sheet rather than just taking it away entirely this would serve a much better purpose to be used against the wages etc.

On the stadium increase part I'll let you know what difference it makes in the first game of the season.

But does the realistic attendances not negate the increase in stadium size. Won't he still get his usual low attendances. In real life they are less than full' date=' why have them expanded?[/quote']He has the potential to attract larger crowds though. Whether or not the stadium will fill when depend on his success.
You are spot on in that I would have been 6m in debt but the point is had I of invested that money into players before the season finished that I know would have got the increases I would have a far greater return on investment than just taking it away.
This is true' date=' you could have done. Your chairman has no way of knowing you may make beneficial deals though. You could have just bought the players and left, as many people do, leaving the club to pay a supersized wage bill.
The fact that my chairman thinks that my squad can compete is fine so I dont expect him to invest the money back into the transfer budget but if he had just moved this money into the balance sheet rather than just taking it away entirely this would serve a much better purpose to be used against the wages etc.
It's not money that can be moved back into your account though, it is just a Budget.

Sorry if I am stating the obvious, but the Transfer Budget fluctuates if you are buying/selling players whereas the bank balance moves based on every item of income or expenditure.

If your club's outgoing exceed income then your transfer budget won't move week to week if you are not buying/selling players, even though you are losing money. So, you are at an advantage until the new season which is when the chairman realises the situation and pulls the transfer budget.

He has the potential to attract larger crowds though. Whether or not the stadium will fill when depend on his success.

I think he means it won't matter because attendances are now based on real life / division average, so no matter how big his stadium is the attendance will be the same just based on whatever league he is in

I think he means it won't matter because attendances are now based on real life / division average' date=' so no matter how big his stadium is the attendance will be the same just based on whatever league he is in[/quote']

Lol in GC10 the change kicked in round about the end of the season - i averaged home crowds of 45,000+ with Queens Park, won a cup, won the league - then at the first home game of the new season the champions flag was raised in front of a whopping crowd of..... 516!!!

How's that for rewarding success? I managed to lose 44,500 fans over the Summer(!) B):rolleyes:

Yeah this system really makes buying risers a standard necessary practise rather than a nice bonus -

ive taken over lowly leyton orient and before ive even brought in any new players im already struggling to break even on a game day!!

weve set a challenge that you take over a div 4 team and youre only allowed to buy 3 players from outside that division. so given that buying to sell is impossible bar once every month at absolute most how is this gona result in anything other than huge debts for everyone?

it would be nice to be able to set this kind of challenge but even with a small poor quality squad and a crowd of around 6k i made 50k profit, so thats gonna be about 175k per week lost on average.

realistic it may be, but its not fun :rolleyes:

realistic it may be' date=' but its not fun :rolleyes:[/quote']

To be honest, I've come to realise that the problem isn't really anything to do with attendances. The problem lies with TV revenue and how their isn't enough of it.

They wanted to get rid of people having giant squads but this has just counteracted that. You need to buy young risers just to survive, nevermind to make enough cash to afford good players.

realistic it may be' date=' but its not fun :rolleyes:[/quote']

It's not even realistic. In an EC, if a Torquay United was a top team in Div 2 and beating teams like West Brom or Swansea, there is no way in hell that they couldn't find more than 6K fans in attendance to their matches if this was real life. The current set-up forces that Torquay team to top out eventually...and the last thing SM should be doing on this game is limiting a manager's ability. After all, we all should be given the chance to take and build our teams as far as we can.

To be honest' date=' I've come to realise that the problem isn't really anything to do with attendances. The problem lies with TV revenue and how their isn't enough of it.

They wanted to get rid of people having giant squads but this has just counteracted that. You need to buy young risers just to survive, never mind to make enough cash to afford good players.[/quote']

I don't necessarily agree with you. I think that the problem is the gate receipts (i.e. crippling attendances).

That said, I think you have narrowed it down to the right area that SM MUST fix ASAP. That area is with the Balance (i.e. Operational Income). The current set-up is killing this game...

Balance is today controlled solely by SM.

Transfer Budget is controlled solely by the manager.

Balance = Operational Income = Operational Revenue (gate receipts, tv revenue, chairman cash infusion, etc...) MINUS Operational Expenses (player wages, ground maintenance, etc...)

Transfer Budget = Transfer Revenue Received MINUS Transfer Revenue Paid Out

I have thoroughly looked into this and IMO, the Balance is where SM need to make the changes. They went from one extreme to another with the attendances and missed the boat both times. I am going to be proposing an easy fix to this problem in the coming week. From a coding standpoint a monkey could do it. And from a fiscal standpoint and also a "realistic" standpoint it will make the most sense.

Anyway, I am glad that you started this thread. You have latched onto the what I think is one of the most important negative issues facing this game.

The current set-up shows a real lack of understanding of how fiscally interwoven aspects of this game are. They have built parts of this game in silos rather than understanding how intertwined things really are. In doing so, what SM have implemented here currently (1) is not only fundamentally flawed, but (2) also takes away from realism and playability of the game.

So as promised -

My first home game saw a massive 1246 turn up to cheer on the mighty Northwich Victoria. My chairman is a proper cheesed off having spent all that money on increasing the stadium capacity to 9094 just to see no more people turn up than last season.

I'm wondering whether or not SM are still monitoring this.

So as promised -

My first home game saw a massive 1246 turn up to cheer on the mighty Northwich Victoria. My chairman is a proper cheesed off having spent all that money on increasing the stadium capacity to 9094 just to see no more people turn up than last season.

I'm wondering whether or not SM are still monitoring this.

Second home game saw a massive 516 people turn up. Nice one SM.

I think the point is that in real life the Man Uniteds and the Real Madrids of the world CAN'T afford those big wages' date=' which is why they are millions in debt in real life.

The difference between them and smaller clubs though is that their debt is usually manageable due to the value of their squads/ TV money received etc, ie if they needed to they can instantly raise £10m + by selling a single player.

SM reflects this now by having your transfer kitty separate from your main funds, the only thing i'm not clear on is what the consequences will be if you are always in debt/ or get into huge amounts of debt? :confused:

At the end of the day it shouldn't be as easy to win the league with a smaller team otherwise as said it gets boring very quickly. If you want to have success with a smaller team you'll have to be prepared to put in the extra time and effort, otherwise choose a team from higher up the divisions.[/quote']

Manchester United aren't in debt because they can't afford big wages.

• 4 weeks later...

so as if it wasnt bad enough, now running small clubs becomes even more impossible.

as we can no longer run the tactic of buying youngsters rated 70 or below and tying them down to 5 year contracts as theyll be bashing our door down asking for new conracts or they'll leave.

another nail in the coffin for the small club challenge.