Anthony Stokes

oakiedoke

I feel Anthony Stokes the young Arsenal striker currently on loan to Falkirk and this months SPL player of the month should have a higher rating than the meesley 71 he has got at the moment.

Any views on this?

I have in for a few of my teams and agree with you that he is underrated. Though he should go up next time the UK ratings are looked at in about 6 weeks time.

This is the scottish premierships top goalscorers:

Name Goals Rating

A.Stokes 9 71

Killen 7 80

mcdonald 7 83

boyd 6 89

crawford 6 82

Sutton 6 81

Dargo 5 85

If he is scoring hatrics and more goals than the rest of these players, then technically he should be at least level or have a higher rating than the players in this list. At least an 82 or 85, and at the moment he is only 24k so is an absaloute bargain!!! :);):)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very good young player is Stokes, i'm beginning to take the view though that now he has had his increase and in a lot of the setups there is stokes-mania im taking any offers over 7m for him as he's not likely to improve a great deal more in the next year maybe 1 point unless sunderland go up then possibly 2 or 3 next year.

I think its well worth selling him now to balance the books and bring in more bargains especially at lower league clubs.

In my hull game for example i sold him for 7m and replaced him with agbonlahor 87 for 4.7m plus signed about half a team of 70's that will reach low to mid 80's shortly.

Stokes's Career So Far

He broke into the Arsenal reserves at only 15 years old after joining from Shelbourne, Stokes made his first-team début as a substitute in Arsenal's League Cup tie against Sunderland on October 25, 2005, coming on for Arturo Lupoli in the 88th minute; Arsenal won 3-0. In the summer of 2006, he trained with Sunderland with a view to a loan move, but the then Sunderland manager Niall Quinn decided against it due to Sunderland's large squad depth and lack of reserve team. Eventually, on August 29, 2006 Arsenal agreed a loan deal with Falkirk that saw Stokes play for the Scottish side until the end of 2006.

Falkirk

Stokes scored his first goal for Falkirk in a 1-0 victory at Inverness Caledonian Thistle on 19 September 2006, in the CIS Cup third round. He followed that up on 21 October with two more goals against Inverness. On 28 October 2006 he scored his first competitive hat-trick during Falkirk's 5-1 victory over Dundee United, and then scored another hat-trick in the following match against Dunfermline Athletic to take his tally to an impressive nine goals in just four games. He is the first player to score back to back hat-tricks in the SPL. Stokes made it a trio of hat-tricks in his final game for Falkirk on December 30, in a 3-1 home victory over Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

On 7 November Stokes scored an equaliser for Falkirk in the 100th minute of the CIS Insurance Cup against Celtic, Falkirk going through 5-4 on penalties. His continuing good form saw him named Young Player of the Month for October and November.

By the end of December 2006 he had scored 16 goals in 18 league and cup appearances and reports linked him with a move to Celtic. However, when his loan at Falkirk expired on December 31, 2006, he returned to Arsenal.

Sunderland

On January 8, 2007, Stokes ended weeks of speculation as to his future by signing for Sunderland for a fee of around £2.2 million. With Glasgow Celtic and Charlton Athletic having also been in the hunt for his signature, Stokes revealed that he was greatly influenced by Sunderland manager and former Irish soccer international, Roy Keane, in making his ultimate decision. Stokes' main aim for Sunderland in 2007 is to continue his goalscoring form from the SPL and guide Sunderland to promotion to the Premier League. Stokes was originally handed the 26 shirt at Sunderland, but after the departure of Jonathan Stead to Sheffield United he was given the number 9 shirt.

On January 13, 2007, Stokes appeared in his first match as a Sunderland player. Stokes impressed with a cross to fellow Irish International David Connolly to give Sunderland a one goal win over Ipswich.

I was offered 6m a few weeks back, I refused but have tried to off load him now but no one is interested, maybe they are all skint!!

I have him in a Div 4 team :D

Will probably see if he maybe goes up 1 or 2 points now.

My plan was to sell him and sign Derbyshire, would of been laughing but its gone tits up!!

• 4 weeks later...