Manchester United - English Championship 3904 - Match Reports/Transfer News

GeeMeister

manchester-united.png

Gallagher Unveiled at Old Trafford

oldtrafford-300.jpg

Today, Mancheter United announced young english manager Jordan Gallagher as the successor to Sir Alex Ferguson. Gallagher was handed a 4 year contract and had this to say " It is a dream of mine to be manager Manchester United, the team i have supported all my life. It will be hard to live up to Sir Alexs high standards he has set but i can ensure fans i will do my very best to drive the club forward".

Re: Manchester United - English Championship 3904 - Match Reports/Transfer News

Youngsters Allowed To Leave On Loan

93114.jpg12685_200x250.jpg74714.jpgFraizer%20Campbell_633640915899531250.jpg

Within hours of taking over at Manchester United, new Manager Jordan Gallagher allowed several young players to be loaned out.

Both Zoran Tosic and Darren Gibson will head to Southampton where they will hope play regular first team football and help get the good times back ti St.Marys.

New signing Gabriel Obertan is loaned out before even playing a single game for United, with the french winger heading to newly promoted Birmingham City for the season.

Meanwhile, amid speculation he was going to be sold, England under-21 forward Frazier Campbell has joined Burnley for the campaign, hoping to fire the goals to give Burnley a great season in the Premier League.

United Make First Signings Of Summer

klaas-jan_huntelaar.jpg7.jpg

Jordan Gallagher made his first signings as Manchester United manager today when dutch forward Klaas Jan Huntelaar and French midfielder Yoann Gourcuff both signed 4 year deals at Old Trafford.

Speculation had been mounting for weeks over Huntelaars future, who was said to be out of contention at Real Madrid, and it was Manchester United who finally pounced with a £15million bid. He will join fellow attackers Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov and Michael Owen in the squad. Subsequently, the signing of Huntelaar has allowed talented young forward to move on loan to Bristol City for the season, hoping to gain valuable first team experience.

It had been widely reported that United were tracking an atacking midfielder, and these reports proved true when United splashed out another £15million to buy talented playmaker Gourcuff from Bordeaux. He will face a battle to get into the first team though with Michael Carrick, Anderson, Darren Fletcher, Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves all fit and ready for action.

Finally, Polish goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak has left the club for a fee of £4.7million, joining newly promoted Wolverhampton Wanderers.

kuszczak.jpg

Tevez Wants Out

article-1194346-04F6F628000005DC-92_468x408.jpg

Carlos Tevez today announced that he wants to leave Old Trafford. Tevez has been unsettled for a while now, due to a lack of games in the first team, and after United splashed £15million on striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar yesterday, Tevez had admitted he doesn't see a future with the club, stating "I Want to thank all their fans for their support of me at this club but for me to progress in my career i need to be playing regular games, and i do not feel i can achieve this here".

It is rumoured that Gallagher will offer Tevez as part of a deal for right back Daniel Alves, although when questioned the manager refused to be drawn into any speculation.

Manchester United today also signed Brazilian wonderkid Douglas Costa, fighting off competition from West Ham for his signature, the attacking midfielder signed a 4 year deal with club, and was immediately loaned to Wolves, hoping to gain some experience of playing in the Premiership for the first time.

20090625115939.jpg

Archived