Gold Championship 62 - The Race For The EPL Title

Re: Gold Championship 62 - The Race For The EPL Title

zirozd.png

Arsenal And Manchester City Finalise 2 Part Deals!

After hours of negotiating, Manchester City and Arsenal have come to an agreement over a 2 part deal. Elano and Shaun Wright Phillips are the players reported to be joining the Gunners, with Walcott, Carlos Vela and Aaron Ramsey all departing London to join the Manchester Outfit. The deal for Theo Walcott is expected to go through in time for the Carling Cup games at the later time of an 8PM kick off.

''It was a long and frustrating time negotiating with Nick, originally we had a deal planned out for Gareth Barry to join us, along with Vincent Kompany in exchange for Samir Nasri, but it was then called off by MCFC due to having a lack of players in the squad. I then continued to negotiate with Nick, but things wern't going well, until late on when we finally came to an agreement. I am in no need of Aaron Ramsey and Carlos Vela, hence them being loaned out currently, and Walcott will be a big blow, but Wright Phillips im sure will fill up his role. Blumer Elano will be on the Arsenal bench when Arsenal meet Manchester United in the league on wednesday.''

466_1234115265.jpg4168_1245516834.jpg

Shaun and Blumer: Arsenal's latest recruits to the Emirates, possibly the last?

28w2wrm.jpg

Arsenal 'Gunned' down by Chelsea in Mid-Season Friendly

Sunday 19th July 2009

Emirates Stadium (60,355)

Referee:

flags_of_Algeria.gif Mohamed Benouza

1_1237749663.jpgVs.21_1203862898.gif

Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea

Alberto Gilardino (4)

Salomon Kalou (26)

Salomon Kalou (64)

After the shocking, yet undeserved loss to Sunderland, a day before yesterday's friendly, Selby worked effortlessley to arrange a friendly with a top-name club, which is odd in mid-season with clubs settling down into the very busy shcedule. But Selby, has tried to rectify any problems within the side, and looked to have done this with Sunday's friendly to accross, city neighbours Arsenal. Arsenal, which is fair to say fielded a weakened side, but Chelsea also had their weaknesses after not gaining a league win since the first game of the season, so on paper it was an equal affair. Chelsea kicked off the match in a conventional 3-5-2 which has proved successful so far in the fairly competitive English Premier League. However, things in the friendly match went opposite to Selby's plans and Arsenal took a slender lead within 4 minutes of kicking off. Italian, clinical striker Alberto Gilardino slotted the ball past Petr Cech from close range, to enlighten the eyes of onlooking Gooners fans. But their lead wasn't kept for long, as man of the moment Salomon Kalou scored a tremendous free-kick from outside the Arsenal area to put the score back to 1-1 on the 26th minute. The score stayed at a 1-1 stalemate till half time, with both teams on the attack to get the possible winning goal. As the second half kicked off, Chelsea come out more lively and missed a flurry of chances at the Arsenal goalmouth. But a breakthrough occurred on the 64th Minute, with Salomon Kalou getting his second of the match, and easily his 4th/5th goal in as many friendlies this season. Kalou, has certainly become a fan's favourite here at Stamford Bridge, and fans hope he can continue his great work into the competitive league season. And despite Arsenal's attacks to get a point out of the friendly, it was Selby's side who held onto victory and nailed an emphatic win over their London rivals.

Final Score: Arsenal 1 - 2 Chelsea

Chelsea Starting XI: Cech, Alex, Carvallho, Terry, Essien, Lampard, Kalou, Ballack, Drogba, Forlan, Zhirkov

dnhiky.png

Still Unbeaten In The League, But Hammered In The Cup

edwin-van-der-sar1.jpg

Dutch Legend: Van Der Sar will be missed at United

Things have been going well for United since new manager Conor Bowen took over.

United's top performer in the past few games has been Carlos Tevez, who has 10 goals in 5 games.

United also today announced that Hugo Lloris hopefully will join the club tomorrow.

It is believed Edwin Van Der Sar and £13M will go to Lyon.

tevez.jpg

Argentine Magic: Can anyone stop Carlos Tevez?

Arsenal 3-3 Manchester United

Referee: flags_of_Algeria.gif Mohamed Benouza

Emirates Stadium (14,849)

icon_medal.gif: Carlos Tevez

Arsenal started the game with a bang and took the lead, Alberto Gilardino giving the keeper no chance with his first time shot.

United replied instantly after some good build up play, Carlos Tevez finishing nicely in the box.

United settled down and put together some nice moves.

It was soon 2-1 to United after Dimitar Berbatov headed home past the keeper.

Both teams were looking to socre the all important next goal, only to be denied from both keeper's.

Half Time

After only 25 seconds of playing the 2nd half it was 3-1!, A trademark strike from Dimitar Berbatov giving the keeper no chance!

United look set to win the friendly in easy style, but it wasnt set to be that way.

With 6 minutes left till full time it was 3-2 Alberto Gilardino beating the offside and slideing under the oncoming keeper.

After looking certain to win the game, the braging rights were snatched from under United's nose's.

Stevan Jovetic's long range screamer sent Arsenal fans wild.

Full Time

image-10-for-fulham-0-4-manchester-united-gallery-74262831.jpg

Korean Magic: Park Ji Sung was United's hero with 2 goals

Birmingham City 2-5 Manchester United

Referee: flags_of_Ecuador.gif Mauricio Reinoso Fabara

St Andrews (18,931)

icon_medal.gif: Yaya Toure

United made a perfect start on 3 minutes, Park Ji Sung using his pace and power to lash home.

After the goal the game settled down and United started to domiante.

With the crowd getting behind Birmingham, United needed to win the game as early as possible before Birmingham took control.

United went 2-0 after Wayne Rooney smashing the ball with venom into the back of the net.

Less than a minute after United's 2nd goal, Birmingham made it 2-1, Kevin Phillips with a good lob over the keeper.

The game settled down again and both teams could of had more goals.

Half Time

The next goal was the most important goal of the game.

Birmingham were back on level terms! after a trademark strike from Sebastian Larsson..The goal sent Birmingham fans wild!

But it didnt take long for United to re take the lead again, on form striker Carlos Tevez heading the inswining corner into the back of the net.

2 minutes later United had a 4th goal, Ji Sung Park makeing no mistake from 15 yards!

6 Minutes later it was 5-2, Man of the match Yaya Toure smashing in from 25 yards.

Full Time

Federico-Macheda-001.jpg

Magic Man: Macheda's goal wasnt enough as United took an heavy defeat

Liverpool 5-1 Manchester United

Referee: flags_of_Scotland.gif William Collum

Anfield (43,501)

icon_medal.gif: Dirk Kuyt

Before the game United boss Bowen said it doesnt matter whether we lose or win because our main target's are the League and SMFA Champs Cup!

Liverpool took the lead on the 10th minute, Ivan Ergic finishing from a yard!

Yossi Benayoun made it 2-0 after finding him self in space to tap home.

United thought they had worked there way back into the game, Federico Macheda makeing no mistake from 15 yards!

Liverpool were soon winning by 2 goals... Leiva Lucas curling the ball around the unsighted keeper.

Half Time

Liverpool came out the block's high in confidence, and could of had more goals.

Liverpool finally did score, Marc Janko rising high to head in.

It was soon 5-1, Man of the match Dirk Kuyt volleying past the keeper.

Full Time

After the Liverpool game Bowen spoke to Sky Sports News Reporter's.

"Im very happy with my team i hope we can achieve many things,

The defeat tonight is an hard one to take but i would like to wish Rob luck in the cup,

Also i wish Van Der Sar all the best when he joins Lyon tomorrow"

Next up for Manchester United a home game against Dan Griffins Arsenal.

c0qxs.png

Manchester United left humiliated as liverpool progress to next round

150px-Logo_LiverpoolFC.png5 - 1 utd.jpg

Liverpool are through to the next round of the league cup after a convincing win over main rivals Manchester United. Centre midfielder Ergic got liverpool off to a great start after 10 minutes which was followed by a second from Yossi Benayoun. Macheda then pulled a goal back for the visitors after 25 mins to make it 2-1 to the reds. Lucas managed to grab a goal before half time in order to sent the reds into the dressing room 3-1 up at half time.

The game then didnt see a goal until the 85th minute when Janko grabbed his first goal for liverpool which was then followed by a superb volley from forward Dirk Kuyt 1 minute from full time.

Liverpool are now set to play newly relegated Nwcastle at Anfield in the next round as manager Rob Hardwick is likely to play the same team as he did tonight vs Manchester United.

Starting XI: Reina, Maxi Pareria, Agger, Sidnei, Insua,Benayoun, Lucas, Ergic, Dossena, Kuyt, Janko.

zirozd.png

Arsenal Cruise To Victory Over Close Rivals Fulham!

15th July 2009

1_1237749663.jpg245_front_small.gif Arsenal 3 - 1 Fulham 32_1203570233.gif18_front_small.gif

Eduardo '16

Song '43

Fabregas '60

A. Johnson '76

Venue: Emirates Stadium

Cpacity: 60,355

Attendance: 59,509

Referee: Jaroslav Java

Arsenal Manager: Dan Griffin

Fulham Manager: Sean Gallagher

62% - Possesion - 38%

17 - Total shots - 12

13 - Shots On Target - 5

7 - Corners - 9

3 - Yellow Cards - 1

0 - Red Cards - 0

Fabby.png

Trademarked: Cesc Fabregas Celebrates With His Trademark Celebration Againts Close Rivals Fulham

Arsenal started the game well with shots coming in from everywhere, and new boy Jermaine Jones nearly scored 6 minutes into his Arsenal debut with a shot just glancing over the bar. Shots from Song and Rosicky came close inside 14 minutes, but the game resumed stalemate. But in the 16th minute Croatian hitman Eduardo broke the deadlock for Arsenal as he beat the Fulham offside trap and slid the ball past Mark Schwarzer. Theo Walcott was the first to be booked from the Arsenal line-up as he failed to move back 10 yards for the Fulham freekick. Italian target man Alberto Gilardino came close on the 42nd minute, heading onto the roof of the net, but a goalkick that barely got out the box was scuffed by Schwarzer and Alexandre Songabsoloutely smashed a piledriver into the top corner to give the Gooners a comfortable 2-0 lead going into the half time break: Arsenal 2-0 Fulham.

The first five minutes of the second half was all about the keepers as they were the men of the moments as they were unbeatable. In the 59th minute, Captain Cesc Fabregas rose above the Fulham defenders and headed the ball into the back of the net to give Arsenal, all but the win in this epic encounter in the league. 16 minutes later, and Fulham got a goal back with Andy "AJ" Johnson took full advantage of a failed clearance and smashed the ball past the gasping Arsenal defenders to give Fulham a one goal defecit. Fulham nearly scored again, with Almunia saving a penalty in the 83rd minute but the game finished with the Gunners victorious. Full Time: Arsenal 3-1 Fulham

245_front_small.gif

Almunia, Eboue, Gallas, Clichy, Song, Jones, Fabregas, Walcott, Rosicky, Eduardo, Gilardino.

28w2wrm.jpg

Chelsea cruise through to English Shield Third Round

Monday 20th July 2009

Edgar Street (7,100)

Referee:

flags_of_Russia.gif Iouri Baskakov

632_1202630753.gifVs.21_1203862898.gif

Hereford United 0-2 Chelsea

Franco Di Santo (22)

Carlos Mineiro (56)

After a slighty suprising victory to Arsenal in a non-competitve friendly this time yesterday, Chelsea quickly travelled to Edgar Street, the home of Hereford United for the second round of the English Shield. Chelsea, dropped all strong first time starters, giving them a well-deserved rest, this meaning Chelsea's reserves and youngsters got a run out against lower division opposition. Chelsea kicked off the match in a 3-5-2 formation attacking right from the very start, and within 22 minutes Chelsea were ahead. Italian striker Franco Di Santo added to his hype by scoring a fantastic goal worthy of any striker worldwide. Chelsea stayed at 1-0 up till half time, as Hereford failed to pose any threat to the Chelsea defence. As the second half kicked off, Selby's side looked to capatalise on their slender lead and did so with Carlos Mineiro scoring from close-range, on the 56th Minute. From this point forward, Hereford did get forward in numbers but failed to pose any goal-scoring mentality or threat to Chelsea's shot stopper Petr Cech. No goals however happened, and chelsea won the cup tie by two goals to nil, in comfortable style and fashion.

Final Score: Hereford United 0 - 2 Chelsea

Chelsea Starting XI: Cech, Ferriera, Hutchinson, Mancienne, Mineiro, Bridcutt, Sturridge, Sessegnon, Shevchenko, Di Santo, Stoch

Guys...I don't intend on being rude but I have been keeping progress of this thread and the Gold 62 one and I have noticed that reports are the same for both threads... So why can't we just merge the two threads together. I understand that this is your own individual challenge but it can also be carried out through the main match report thread :)

Unless of course you provide more reports / Manager interviews / Exclusive match build ups etc to this thread.....Otherwise..I can't see anything wrong with posting on the Gold 62 thread. This way the thread setup stays alive and repetitive posts aren't made :)

Sorry to be a killjoy guys and I LOVE reading your reports...Bowen / Adam / Dan / Rob & Nick..You are amongst the finest reporters on the whole forum but I think your posts would be better suited on the main thread without it being repeated here...And by now..If you do post on the main thread...Everyone would know what you are takling about...

Guys...I don't intend on being rude but I have been keeping progress of this thread and the Gold 62 one and I have noticed that reports are the same for both threads... So why can't we just merge the two threads together. I understand that this is your own individual challenge but it can also be carried out through the main match report thread :)

Unless of course you provide more reports / Manager interviews / Exclusive match build ups etc to this thread.....Otherwise..I can't see anything wrong with posting on the Gold 62 thread. This way the thread setup stays alive and repetitive posts aren't made :)

Sorry to be a killjoy guys and I LOVE reading your reports...Bowen / Adam / Dan / Rob & Nick..You are amongst the finest reporters on the whole forum but I think your posts would be better suited on the main thread without it being repeated here...And by now..If you do post on the main thread...Everyone would know what you are takling about...

I see what your saying Sparky, from now on ill just post in this thread. :)

Cheers for the kind words mate :)

dnhiky.png

Lloris Joins As VDS Departs.

hugolloris.jpg

French Stopper: Lloris will become United's new number 1.

Earlier this morning Manchester United confirmed that Hugo Lloris had completed his move to the club.

Lloris 22, will now become Manchester United's number one keeper, and Bowen said he will be for many years to come.

Van Der Sar who has left the club in the swap was wished good luck with Lyon.

United who also had to pay Lyon £13M will not be makeing any more signing's.

There is 1 problem for both teams with the deal, Both keeper's cannot play in Cup's so both team's will have to play there 2nd keeper's.

edwin-van-der-sar_1114612c.jpg

Dutch Stopper: United will miss VDS, but hope he does well in France

Yeah, okay i see where your coming from too mate, and from now on, ill just post in this thread, aswell as Bowen is too :)

Dan.

Guest King Kolo

Sparky the party pooper once again :P:D

I'd rather post here rather than on the GC 62 thread anyway as you're challenge won't really be noticed if you're just posting random match reports on you're team.

8x9bw0.png

47_1190143104.gif

Exclusive to Gold Championship 62 - The Race For The EPL Title Thread!

(Interview with City new Boy Theo Walcott!)

theo-walcott-415x275.jpg

Theo pictured in his Arsenal Days!

Reporter:Hello Theo, You have Recently made the Switch from Premiership Rivals Arsenal to Manchester City, was their a reason, and why did you decide to join Manchester City?

Theo Walcott: I decided to join Manchetser City, because i fell that i was not in new Arsenal manager Dan Griffin's plans and also i believe i will get better first team oppertuinites here!, i ahve full repspect for Arsenal as if it was'nt for them i would'nt be the player i am today!, but i decided to join City because of my First team oppertuinites and to help my International Career!

Reporter:Now, when players Join City the press often say its to do with the Money, was your move Impated apon that reason atall?

Theo Walcott: Of Course Not, i play football for the passion and love of the game not for Money, yes uts nice to have money but that was nothing to do with my move here what so ever!

Reporter:Do You think that Manchester City can mount a Serious title Challange this season?

Theo Walcott:Of course we can, we have the players and we have the Resources here at the club and i believe that this Club is on the Way up!, we look very Promising and we have some very young good layers here, os i cannot see why we should not, or not even finish in top 4!

Reporter: Thanks for your time just one more Question, what do you think to Nick Justice's Tactical Approach?

Theo Walcott:I believe, he knows what he is doing here and will take us forward!, hes Tactical Approach is very much to my Likeing!, it fits well around me very much so, so ill have to try battle and get into the First team!

Reporter:Thanks for your Time Theo, hope to speake soon!

Theo Walcott:No Problem! hope so to!

Chris%20Kamara.jpg

Chris Kamara(Reporter)

dnhiky.png

Crunch Match End's Up All Even!

Dimitar-Berbatov-001.jpg

Man Of The Match and Goalscorer Dimitar Berbatov was United's bright spark tonight

Tonight United welcomed fellow rivals Arsenal to Old Trafford in the first top 4 match of the premeirship season.

United were looking to bounce back from there terrible 5-1 display against Liverpool in the English Cup.

Arsenal however came into the game on the back of a good win against fellow rivals Tottenham.

Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal

Referee: flags_of_Finland.gif Jouni Hyytia

Old Trafford (75,948)

icon_medal.gif: Dimitar Berbatov

Arsenal kicked the game off, and the ball was in United's box in the first 35 seconds.

Arsenal were in control going close through Robin Van Persie.

After Arsenal had 17 minutes of controlling the game, United took the lead.

Dimitar Berbatov rising highest to head home a perfect corner.

After the goal both teams were looking to score the all important next goal.

Arsenal had the most chances but failed to convert.

Half Time

United started the second half well, Michael Carrick holding the united midfield together.

Arsenal started to work there way into the game, but good keeping from debutant Hugo Lloris kept the score at 1-0.

It was soon 1-1, United looking for offside but the flag stayed down, Shaun Wright Phillips sliding the ball under the keeper.

Both teams could of gone on and won the game but, in all fairness 1-1 was a fair result.

Full Time

So a good point earned, next up for United is a friendly against FC Schalke 04, and then a SMFA Champs Cup game Against Villereal.

barclays-premier-league-logo-300x247.jpg

"Santa Came Early this year, For City"

86_1240776261.jpgWigan Athletic 0-3Manchetser City47_1190143104.gif

Dominico Cristico (11)

Roque Santa Cruz (31)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (35)

roquesantacruz_183319.jpg

Roque Santa Cruz on fine Form!!!

Manchester City travelled only a little bit to face Wigan Athletic, And yet agian Paraguyian Striker Roque Santa Cruz scored again its 6 Goals in 4 Games for the Inform Striker who also picked up his 4 MoM award in 4. Also grabbing his first City Goal was Defender Dominco Cristico. Manchester City manged a 3-0, as they continue to remain Unbeaten in a Strong seaosn so far as they sit 2nd joint with top spot Manchester United whom of which are managed by a close friend of Nick Justice, that is Conor Bown. It will be a good battle this seaosn, even though its still early days, now for the Match Report...,

It was a nice Warm-ish evening in Manchester, it was Wigan Athletic with The Kick-off!. Manchester City Dominated from the off having all the Shots and the Possession, 10 minutes on the clock and Wigan Defender Mario Melchiot puts it out for a corner, Theo Walcott swings it in and Italian Defender Dominico Cristico heads home to make it 1-0 to Manchester City with just 11 minutes on the clock!, 1-0. Manchester City Continued to Dominate, but however Wigan Athletic were shoting alot more but not as much as City and they also played good football Manchester City!, then midway through the first half Manchester City Struck again, And it was common Goalscorer Roque Santa Cruz, whom is on very very good form with 6 goals in 4 Games!, 2-0 City. Wigan Kicked-off again and they practicually lost the ball striaght away and City dominanted on that as Manchester City's Striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic Slotted home in the 35th minute, surely the game is City so ealry on and 3-0 up!, they took this lead into the second half, the seond half started and it was obvius Manchester City were happy with theirr score as they kept Possession and had the odd shot but it eneded up 3-0 in a game yet again Dominated by City!

liverpoolgc62.jpg

Premier-League-Fixtures-2009-2010-8.jpg

Voronin on fire as liverpool win again!

AstonVillaHSS0809.gif0-2 liverpool_away_jersey_small-300x300.jpg

The game at Villa Park saw a 2-0 win for the reds as Andrey Voronin and new signing Ibrahim Afellay stole the show with a goal each. Manager Rob Hardwick is said to be delighted over his teams win on Wednesday night which he hopes is followed with a champions league victory over Italian side Roma tommorrow.

With 2 goals in 2 games, Rob Hardwick is said to be pleased with the form forward Voronin who has been great cover for Gerrard whilst he has been injured.

He has also been pleased with new signing Afellay who signed for liverpool in a deal that saw Ryan Babel leave for PSV.

2385107492_498f9e11bb.jpg

Man of the match being interviewed after the game.

Starting XI: Reina, Johnson, Carragher ©, Skrtel, Aurelio, Afellay, Alonso, Mascherano, Riera, Voronin, Torres

8x9bw0.png

47_1190143104.gif

Carlos Vela Joins Manchetser City, As Ramsey is Set!

Image_9_for_Arsenal_10_Roma_gallery_17756336.jpg

Carlos Vela Runs from Arsenal as quick as he can to join up with Manchester City

Today Manchester City Football Club announced that they have sold Brazilan winger Blumer Elano to Arsenal in a deal which has seen Mexican Carlos Vela join already with Welsh Midfielder Aaron Ramsey set to sign for Manchester City Tommorow in a big deal with Premier League Rivals Arsenal!, whilst in other big news German Goalkeeper Manuel Nueur is Set for Manchetser City tommrow also more news on that Transfer will come tommorow!, also set for Exit is Vincent Kompany who Will join up with Portugese champions FC Porto, the former Champions LEague Winners have had a bid Accpeted of 2 players aswell as a sumof £5million!, More News to come Tommorow on all of the Transfers!

zirozd.png

Hattrick Hero Walcott Wins 3 Points For The Gooners!

Saturday 18th July 2009.

1_1237749663.jpg245_front_small.gif Arsenal 4 - 2 Bolton Wanderers 13_front_small.gif7_1190894323.gif

Purgreynier '14

Walott '22, '37, '65

Makukula '26

Fabregas '66

Capacity: 60,335

Attendance: 59,638

Referee: Esam Abd El Fatah

Bolton Manager: Cromester Cromesy

56% - Posession - 44%

18 - Total Shots - 13

10 - Shots On Target - 4

8 - Corners - 5

1 - Yellow Cards - 1

0 - Red Cards - 0

theo-walcott-415x275.jpg

Hattrick Hero: Walcott Fires Home 3 Goals For Arsenal And Single Handedly Destroys Bolton.

Arsenal went into this game against Bolton, with a fairly weakend side, due to having to play biggest rivals Tottenham Hotspur in the shield 2 days later, so Griffin put out a fairly average side to play Bolton who had just recently been thrashed 6-2 to Conor Bowens Manchester United. New boy Sabrosa Simao was left on the bench for this game.

Arsenal could have gone 1-0 up in the first minute, when Cesc Fabregas ran through the midfield, only to find that the ball had gone rolling wide after his marvellous attempt. After that, it was all Bolton and then the Trotters found themselves 1-0 up at the Emirates from a Puygrenier header from just 6 yards. Arsenal were looking to get on level terms, and thats exactly what happend when Theo Walcott smashed a header into the top corner from the cross coming in from the right. However, Bolton were not happy at letting in such a petty goal, and soon found themselves a goal ahead once more, when Makukula slotted home a neat finish, Arsenal were now feeling that this wasn't going to be an easy game. 8 minutes from the end of the first half and Theo Walcott bagged his second goal of the game, and it was again a header.

The hour mark had reached and the game was still at an edge of your seat tempo, and on 65 minutes, Arsenal were infront for the first time in the game, and it was Theo Walcotts hattrick, as he finished neatly inside the box, he got himself his first 3 goals in one game this season! A minute later and Bolton had hardly any time to prepare for their next attack, and they had already found themselves 4-2 down as Cesc Fabregas infamously lobbed Jussi Jaaskelainen. Full Time, Arsenal 4:2 Bolton

245_front_small.gif

Almunia, Eboue, Gallas, Clichy, Song, Jones, Fabregas, Walcott, Rosicky, Gilardino, Eduardo.

28w2wrm.jpg

Another dissapointing defeat for Chelsea

Wednesday 22nd July 2009

Stamford Bridge (42,055)

Referee:

flags_of_Germany.gif Felix Brych

21_1203862898.gifVs.31_1229339837.jpg

Chelsea 0-2 Everton

Jack Rodwell (10)

James Vaughan (56)

After two morale boosting wins in a friendly to title competitors Arsenal, and a comfortable victory to lower league opposition Hereford United, Chelsea's next match was a tie against Scouse opposition Everton. Everton who's form has also been up and down similar to Chelsea, made a number of changes to weaken their side to boost fitness so Selby's side went in with a strong amount of optimism hoping they could get something out of the game. But as per usual, in the league campaign, Selby's side made it two losses on the trot, as Chelsea slumped to defeat by two goals to nil. This game has also brought on reports of Selby's apparent lack of desire and frustration with his side, but as expected these reports have been dismissed. Starting in a 3-5-2 formation Selby named a strong side set to cause upset at home, but Everton were the ones who walked away with three points. The game kicked off and Everton were on top, and within ten minutes, a breakthrough. Local lad, and hot prospect Jack Rodwell got his first goal of the season with a calmy placed shot past Petr Cech. Chelsea then found a bit of form with Diego Forlan and Didier Drogba attacking in co-alition hoping to get an equalising goal. But as expected this didn't happen and at half time Everton were still infront. As both teams entered the field of play, a small tustle between the opposing teams broke out, showing tensions were high in the remainder of the game. However, Everton made the most of Chelsea's weak defensive display int he early stages of the second half with another academy player, James Vaughan scoring within 11 minutes, of the second half whistle to kill off any chance of a Chelsea comeback. And despite late efforts to score even just a consolation goal, Everton heaped misery on Chelsea and led them to their second league defeat on the trot.

Final Score: Chelsea 0 - 2 Everton

Chelsea Starting XI: Cech, Carvallho, Alex, Terry, Lampard, Kalou, Ballack, Essien, Zhirkov, Drogba, Forlan

dnhiky.png

Good Win's For United

Michael-Owen-scored-on-hi-001.jpg

Star re-born: Owen one of many star performers in the past 2 games

After the 1-1 draw with Arsenal, United travelled to Germany to face FC Schalke.

After the Schalke game, United travelled back to England to play Villareal tonight.

Bowen has told players the schedule will become even more jam packed in the next month.

FC Schalke 1-3 Manchester United

Referee: flags_of_Algeria.gif Mohamed Benouza

Veltins Arena (14,961)

icon_medal.gif: Mauro Zarate

Schalke started well with some good possesion in the middle of the park.

The German club took the lead on 15 minutes, Ivan Rakitic with a clever finish.

United hit back, before Schalke could settle, Nani working his way into the box and firing low.

6 minutes after United's first goal it was 2-1, Michael Owen rising highest to head home.

Both teams were looking to get the all important next goal, but good saves from both keeper's kept the score at 2-1.

Half Time

United came out the block's with confidence after comeing from 1-0 down to 2-1 up.

Schalke's keeper Manuel Neure, made an awesome save mid-way into the 2nd half, all the ground applauded the great save.

United were back on top of the game with 15 minutes left, going close on a number of occasions.

With 1 minute of the game remaining, United scored a 3rd, Mauro Zarate rolling the ball into an empty net after rounding the keeper.

Full Time

Antonio-Valencia-of-Wigan-001.jpg

Valencia getting United's first goal in a close win.

Manchester United 3-2 Villarreal

Referee: flags_of_France.gif Stephane Lannoy

Old Trafford (76,207)

icon_medal.gif: Michael Owen

Villarreal kicked off the game and took the lead! Guiseppe Rossi with the world class finish.

The goal was a shock to all the United fans and players couldnt believe it.

But with only 2 minutes gone after Villarreals got it was 1-1.

Antonio Valencia with a smart finish into the bottom corner.

The game was all set to be a classic, after 2 early goals.

The game slowed down, United took control but couldnt get past the defence.

The score was locked at 1-1 at the half time interval.

Half Time

Both teams new the next goal would be important in who wins the game.

United took the lead, on the 62nd minute, Mauro Zarate with a deadly finish inside the box.

Villarreal replied almost instantly with Guiseppe Rossi getting his 2nd with a lovely touch and bottom corner finish

Not even a minute later, it was 3-2 to United...Michael Owen with a cool finish.

A mad 10 minutes which in the end won United the game.

Full Time

So 2 good win's for United, and Michael Owen makeing himself an instant Hero.

Next Up: Burnley [A]: 26th July

zirozd.png

Arsenal Thrash Closest Rivals Spurs In Epic Shield Clash!

Monday 20th July 2009

1_1237749663.jpg245_front_small.gif Arsenal 4-1 Tottenham 283_front_small.gif80_1217330011.jpg

Jovetic '51, '58

Bendtner '55

Diaby '73

Bentley '80

Capacity: 60,355

Attendance: 60,340

Referee: Craig Thomson

Tottenham Manager: Haynes 1515

49% - Posession - 51%

17 - Total Shots - 23

8 - Shots On Target - 8

6 - Corners - 6

3 - Bookings - 3

0 - Sent Off - 0

940D077E-ED1E-8BA8-4CC7DDB180C0E8F9.jpg

Saint Nicklas: Nicklas Bendtner Curls A Hefty Shot Around The Unsighted Carlo Cudicini.

The Arsenal second team went into this game, really nervous of what the result might be at the end of the game, as this was a totally different side they had never played with before in a match, although Griffin had them all training seperately with eachother to get to grips with the way they each play.

The game started at a very slow tempo, with the ball being played around mostly in Arsenal's half, but there was some signs of Arsenal making a breakthrough with Bendtner coming close when he hit the bar on 37 minutes. At times Tottenham looked as if they were going to give Arsenal youths a big scare too, but nothing went past Almunia.

6 Minutes into the second half and Arsenal had made the breakthrough, with a goal 25 yards out, Stevan Jovetic scored yet another goal for the Gooners in his debut season. 4 minutes later and Arsenal doubled their lead, this time Nicklas Bendtner who curled a hefty shot around the unsighted Carlo Cudicini. 3 minutes later, and surely Arsenal had put the game to bed as they were now 3-0 up and Jovetic had his 2nd goal of the game, this man is on fire! The next 20 minutes were dull and boring, until the 73rd, when Abou Diaby headed in a cross from the left into the top corner to give the Gooners a 4-0 lead. 7 minutes later Tottenham got a conselation goal when David Bentley burst into the box and scored from 15 yards.

245_front_small.gif

Alumina ©
, Djourou, Vermalaen, Senderos, Diaby, Ramsey, Eboue, Vela, Streit, Bendtner, Jovetic.

"Bolton Wonder back home in defeat"

47_1190143104.gifManchetser City 4-1 Bolton Wanderers7_1190894323.gif

Roque Santa Cruz (16,47)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (61)

Gareth Barry (73)

Zoltán HarsÁnyi (81)

article-1025437-0182FF0300000578-833_468x308.jpg

Zlatan and Roque Team up Well together!

Manchester City who sat 2nd Now sit on the Top of the League Table after arch Rivals Manchester United suffer a loss to Newly Promoted Burnley, so now City sit top ahead of United by 1 Point!, As Manchester City Hammerd Bolton Wanderers 4-1. Strikers Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Roque Santa Cruz co-exsist very well as Zlatan Ibrahimovic Earns the MoM award, the Duo together have scored 11 Goals! after just 5 League Games! Well Bolton who have now yet to win in the English Premier League this season sit in 19th place. Manchester City much dominated the game to with 62% of the Possession, and 28 shots to Boltons 13, 14on Target to Boltons 5! Now for the Match Report....,

The Game kicked-off, and Manchetser City started to dominate striaght from the offing!, they scored within just 6 minutes a Goal from Regular Goalscorer Roque Santa Cruz, Hes been a very good scorer so far this season! Bolton Kicked-of from the Goal, City werent so lucky infornt of goal, Jussi Jaaskelinen showed why hes named as one of the best Goalkeepers in the Premier League, by saving Bolton many of times!, it remained only 1-0 at the Half time Interval. The Second Half kicked off, it was Bolton who kicked off but they practically lost it straight from kick-off, and Striker Roque Santa Cruz Took advantages of this and scored his 2nd of the Game Assisted by Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Manchester City Continued to once again Dominate their Game!, and then about 2.5/4 of the way through the game after a very good Performance, Striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic got him self a Goal! 2-0 to Manchester City. Bolton kind of started to Battle back but they just couldnt seem to get a goal!, then to add Salt to their wounds Central Midfielder Gareth Barry, notched himself a goal! 4-0! teir is no way back for Bolton now depsite a late goal from Young striker Zoltán HarsÁnyi, it all ended 4-1! in another game Nominated by City!

zirozd.png

Arsenal And United Battle It Out For A Point In An Exciting Clash!

Wednesday 22nd July 2009.

49_1204432433.gif300_front_small.gif Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal 294_front_small.gif1_1237749663.jpg

Berbatov '18

Wright-Phillips '74

Venue: Old Trafford

Capacity: 76,212

Attendance: 75,948

Referee: Jouni Hyytia

Man. United Manager: Conor Bowen

50% - Posession - 50%

28 - Total Shots - 28

16 - Shots On Target - 19

10 - Corners - 6

0 - Yellow Cards - 2

0 - Red Cards - 0

berbatov_1013240c.jpg

Berba Bulgarian: The Bulgarian International Showed Off His Class Again Tonight Scoring Against Arsenal.

After the impressive 3-3 friendly draw at the Emirates, Man United and Conor Bowen were looking to get a result here at Old Trafford, and all was going well when Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov broke the Arsenal deadlock on 18 minutes, and smashed the ball into te bottom corner, out of Almunia's reach. Man. Utd were lucky not to be 3 or 4 goals behind when the half time whistle struck, as United hardly saw the Arsenal goal as Arsenal were just attacking ever since they went a goal down, but United were saved at half time.

New boy Shaun Wright Phillips came on at half time for the injured Simao, who had just taken a little knock in the half time warm up. Montenegran international Stevan Jovetic had also come on with Wright Phillips for Alberto Gilardino, who was feeling ill at half time and couldn't go on any further. United were showing good signs of extending their lead with Rooney and Carrick coming close. On the 74th minute, Shaun Wright Phillips equalised for the North Londoners, with the United defence arguing that he was offside, Wright Phillips took full advantage and slotted the ball comfortably past Edwin Van Der Sar. Full Time

Manchester United 1 - 1 Arsenal