Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

Preston won! Was surprised to see them be two goals up by half time' date=' shame we couldnt keep a clean sheet, but an away win is a rarity, so Im pleased with that. Honestly thought they were going to throw it away in the final few minutes. Lee says that Andy Lonergan had a good game, and that Preston's second goal was unstoppable.[/quote']

Was great to get an away win. First one since January.

That has got to give the lads some confidence now going into the Leeds game on Tuesday. Shame that it looks like we have lost Wayne Brown to injury just hope it's a tweak of the hamstring and not a pull or anything worse. If we are to stay up we need Brown in the team.

Delighted For Hume to get on the score sheet i was a bit underwhelmed when we signed him given that he was no great shake at Barnsley but the lad looks up for the challenge and it was one hell of a finish.

Get Matty James and Josh King back and things will look a lot rosier.

I've tried to back up Sousa' date=' but its not happening, his sexy style of football is just not working. Why play Victor over Hobbs, if you play Victor drop Morrison he is the one who has cost us so many goals this season, why play Waghorn on the wing, he is not a winger and why play Oakley over Wellens, yes Oakley is playing better than he was last season but no where near the standard of Wellens. Something else bewildering why take Abe off when Victor was sent off, Abe is probably one of our best players in the side + why on earth does he keep persisting with Oakley and Howard. His overall tactical sense is [b']ZERO[/b]. I have to admit it Swanseajack you were right. I can see it coming for Norwich away, that there will be plenty of banners saying SOUSA OUT!!! and to be honest i have to agree. I think it would be best to get Sousa out now and try and tempt Curbishley, Jewell or the mighty M.O'Neill or even give Chrissy Powell a go, give them a fairly good transfer budget in January and watch us fly.

Rant over.

Given in that i was write all along ... 25th September.

Took me untill January to figure it out, at least the Leicester fans know how clueless he is early on, maybe then he might not cost you the play-offs like he did with us.

Doubt he'll be there by the time we meet you in October.

I agree with most of that. Hobbs played so much better when Morrison came in' date=' and Sousa probably should've stuck with the partnership (hindsight is a wonderful thing.) His reason for playing Vitor instead of Hobbs was that Vitor played well against the same strikers on Tuesday, so I can see the logic there.

It's blatently obvious that Waghorn shouldn't be played on the wing. It does not work. Everyone can see it, except Sousa it seems. Stick him upfront, and he will improve.

As you said, Oakley has improved but he's nothing compared to Wellens. Wellens is a great player and we needed his passion, fight and drive yesterday. A clear starter in my eyes. I think Oakley only starts because he's captain, he doesn't bring much to the team anymore. I would've taken him off instead of Abe. It was Abe's first start and he was extremely unlucky to be taken off so soon.

I think Howard should keep on starting, providing we get a lot more support around him. He holds the ball up well and wins most headers, so if we picked up the loose ball more often then he'd be a lot more effective. Get King constantly making the runs like the one that resulted in the disallowed goal yesterday. He's not a battler in midfield and is brilliant further up the pitch for us.

[b']I disagree that Sousa should get the sack though. With the exception of QPR and yesterdays game, we've dominated the games and were very unfortunate not to pick up more points.[/b] Before Portsmouth yesterday, we've scored a goal every 18 or 19 attempts and that's not good enough. If we took our chances more and cut out stupid mistakes at the back then we will move up the table.

Yes, i know you could say that we should have won this game and that game, but if that excuse keeps getting used come the end of the season we will have been relagated.

Given in that i was write all along ... 25th September.

Took me untill January to figure it out' date=' at least the Leicester fans know how clueless he is early on, maybe then he might not cost you the play-offs like he did with us.

Doubt he'll be there by the time we meet you in October.[/quote']

I for one sure hope he is not here when we meet you, he needs to either start playing players in there proper positions or just get out. Hopefully the later option in my opinion. I say either give Chrissy Powell a go or get in someone with experience e.g: Curbishley, Jewell.

Guest Scout Maker

Id put my house on us not getting anything to swansea. :P. Must be something about Wales we dont like. :P.

If Sav did say anything about Palace it wouldnt have been good :P. Do you think you will go down Scout?

It's a possibility, but bar yesterday we had actually been playing quite well all season and we were starting to build some form after beating Portsmouth 4-1 and holding Burnley to a 0-0 draw.

You'll love Robbie again on Saturday when he gifts you the goals you need to get all 3 points.

He costs us alot of points to keep him in our team but he is a funny guy with daft hair so i dont mind :P.

On a serious note what a midfield we would have if Savage was dropped for Bueno on a regular basis.

we play a 4-2-3-1 so it would look like this.

Paul Green (CM)

James Bailey (CM)

Cywka (RAM)

Bueno (AM)

Commons (LAM)

Possibly a little lightweight but very creative.

I think we'll beat 'Boro on Tuesday and lose to Swansea on saturday. We always do lose to Swansea it seems' date=' no matter how good we play or how many chances we have, we always lose.[/quote']

Claridge and co. seem to think Alberto Bueno is a centre-forward, going on about how Derby have needed a striker after selling Hulse and Bueno is that man. Am I lead to believe that is he indeed has no clue what he is talking about?

Claridge and co. seem to think Alberto Bueno is a centre-forward' date=' going on about how Derby have needed a striker after selling Hulse and Bueno is that man. Am I lead to believe that is he indeed has no clue what he is talking about?[/quote']

Did you ever believe them lot knew what they were taking about? I'd say Shevki Kuqi is the most likely replacement for Rob Hulse.

yes you would be right, he is an absolute plonker. Bueno floats around the midfield making passes and taking people on. He hasnt got the strength to be a forward although often floats into forward positions.

Maniche isnt much better. According to him Derby have been playing a midfielder upfront called Chris Porter due to our injury problems.

Chris Porter is a striker who is currently injured. What a numpty.

This is a rather large comparison, but I think Bueno is a similar player to Fabregas. He creates goals and chips in with the odd goal here and there and his passing is very clever and hes a very hard player to pick up due to his movement.

Our midfield is looking very good admittedly, IF everyone was fit my midfield would be:

Addison Bailey

Commons Green Bueno

Cwyka as an impact sub ;)

This is a rather large comparison' date=' but I think Bueno is a similar player to Fabregas. He creates goals and chips in with the odd goal here and there and his passing is very clever and hes a very hard player to pick up due to his movement.

Our midfield is looking very good admittedly, IF everyone was fit my midfield would be:

Addison Bailey

Commons Green Bueno

Cwyka as an impact sub ;)[/quote']

If your strength is in midfield you really haven't got a chance against the Swansea down here.

We'll have Pratley-Allen-Gower in the middle all playing very well with David Cotterill on the bench.

If your strength is in midfield you really haven't got a chance against the Swansea down here.

We'll have Pratley-Allen-Gower in the middle all playing very well with David Cotterill on the bench.

Pratley's sick, rate him very highly! But to be honest I don't see us coming away with anything against Swansea.

Pratley was awesome last year in the game where kuqi scored the only goal of the game.

As long as the red dogs dont get him then i wont mind.

As long as we beat Boro then im not too fussed how the swansea game goes.

So guys, how much will brayford and bailey rise to?

79/80 ish?

Pratley was awesome last year in the game where kuqi scored the only goal of the game.

As long as the red dogs dont get him then i wont mind.

As long as we beat Boro then im not too fussed how the swansea game goes.

So guys' date=' how much will brayford and bailey rise to?

79/80 ish?[/quote']

I think the Forest fans might have put that off on Saturday, shouting "pratley, what's the score?" making him an enemy. Had they realised that he was more or less certain to join Forest in the summer on a free then they most probably wouldn't have sung that song.

He faces a late fitness test for tonight, but will be fit for Saturday. Not playing too well really compared to Super Scott Sinclair.

Cywka does seem to make an impact as a sub but i cannot justify leaving out somebody with his talent.

Hope we can perform somewhere near the level we did on saturday and get all three points tonight.

I do have a problem with the scheduling of tonights match though. The organisers must not have taken into account it would be the final This Is England 86 tonight!

Good job theres a plus 1. :P

If our forward players turn up against Swansea i can see us giving them trouble but i doubt we'll keep up the performance for 90 minutes.1 point at best.

Ive just seen somebody say it on Derby Mad. That would be great if it goes ahead. I'll be going, checking out on any possible talent that could come to derby ;P:P.

We have signed Ryan Noble on loan from Sunderland for a month. 12 goals in 9 games for the reserves and apparently has bags of pace. Doubt he'll play for us but he's an option atleast.

Come on you rams!

Lets beat McBoro.

Just got home from uni and got a spare 30mins before im heading off to the game' date=' despite not having bellamy and chopra and drinkwater, im pretty optomisitic at home to palace :D unless our midfeild pairing is mcphail and blake again... :rolleyes:[/quote']

We just have to hope that Oli is back! :o