Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

Ive said this before and i'll say it again. Leicster had one of those first seasons where they catch sides off guard and just got the rub of the green. The side you had last season played beyond their level which led to you achieving a league placing beyond your sides level. This has led to inflated expectations for Leicster this season which they simply cannot match with the players they have.

They will get out of trouble, but id be surprised if they got anywhere near the points they got last year.

We absolutely bossed 'boro throughout the 90 minutes today. We were fantastic and were just simply better than Boro.

When we went 1-0 down i couldnt believe it, they'd hardly been in our half.

When i watch Swansea i see their centre backs on the ball more often than not. Just after i see their centre backs with the ball i see the ball hoofed into the air in the hope the opposition will make a mistake and gift them a goal.

Ive not seen that much of Swansea this season so cant say if they have changed the way they play but i can remember my kneck aching after watching Derby v Swansea.

I'd put a good £50 on Leicester - Swansea finishing 0-0. :D

I don't think so :P If Sousa's in charge' date=' it should be a pretty easy win.

There bottom of the league, with one win this season - it's not a biased or unreasonable comment. You've conceded 22 goals this season, a lot more then Burnley, Shorpe & Coventry and you've conceded more then Preston - the sides we've beaten at home so far.

When i watch Swansea i see their centre backs on the ball more often than not. Just after i see their centre backs with the ball i see the ball hoofed into the air in the hope the opposition will make a mistake and gift them a goal.

Ive not seen that much of Swansea this season so cant say if they have changed the way they play but i can remember my kneck aching after watching Derby v Swansea.

Swansea are the best footballing side in the divison, we don't play football, we haven't in the last four seasons under Martinez, Sousa & Rodgers. Under Sousa more so, but remind you we were playing away from home and not playing very well at the time and with Kuqi up there it did work.

What actually happens is the centre-backs keep the ball, look for an option down the middle, if that's not there they play it to the full backs. Then if it's the right-back he has the option to play it back to Gower, up to Pratley or down the line to Dyer. Similar scenario down the other side, and then you rely on Sinclair & Dyer beating there markers creating the opportunity.

I've not seen us hoof the play up once this season, so don't expect that in the reverse fixture.

I don't think so :P If Sousa's in charge' date=' it should be a pretty easy win.

There bottom of the league, with one win this season - it's not a biased or unreasonable comment. You've conceded 22 goals this season, a lot more then Burnley, Shorpe & Coventry and you've conceded more then Preston - the sides we've beaten at home so far.

[b']Swansea are the best footballing side in the divison[/b], we don't play football, we haven't in the last four seasons under Martinez, Sousa & Rodgers. Under Sousa more so, but remind you we were playing away from home and not playing very well at the time and with Kuqi up there it did work.

What actually happens is the centre-backs keep the ball, look for an option down the middle, if that's not there they play it to the full backs. Then if it's the right-back he has the option to play it back to Gower, up to Pratley or down the line to Dyer. Similar scenario down the other side, and then you rely on Sinclair & Dyer beating there markers creating the opportunity.

I've not seen us hoof the play up once this season, so don't expect that in the reverse fixture.

Not trying to be bias here now on my end, but surely when on form its gotta be Cardiff as the best footballing side in the league, now west brom have gone anyways! i actually wish sometimes we could play simple football, but like a poor version of arsenal we just pass and pass and pass.. be when were on, were on :D

Ooh! and fantastic news to see darcey blake signed a two year contract extension. Brilliant player to have in the squad due to his versatility playing across the back 4 and midfeild. Plus being a home town lad you know he's going to give his all! hopefully we can get whitts to sign his contract asap, then get chops and bellaz back from injury as soon as possible.

[b']Swansea are the best footballing side in the divison[/b], we don't play football, we haven't in the last four seasons under Martinez, Sousa & Rodgers. Under Sousa more so, but remind you we were playing away from home and not playing very well at the time and with Kuqi up there it did work.

As I said - ridiculously biased.

The are lots of teams in the Championship who can play nice football. For example, Doncaster are a very good passing side and were impressive in both fixtures against Newcastle last season. You could also say Queens Park Rangers are playing very good football at the moment. They are scoring lots of goals and have Adel Taarabt who is a very exciting player to watch. These are just two but there a many others like Watford who I think have played good football so far this season. Leicester had a good goal ruled out at Pirtsmouth which was a good passing move. To say Swansea are the outright best footballing side is biased because there are plenty who play just as good football.

The are lots of teams in the Championship who can play nice football. For example' date=' Doncaster are a very good passing side and were impressive in both fixtures against Newcastle last season. You could also say Queens Park Rangers are playing very good football at the moment. They are scoring lots of goals and have Adel Taarabt who is a very exciting player to watch. These are just two but there a many others like Watford who I think have played good football so far this season. Leicester had a good goal ruled out at Pirtsmouth which was a good passing move. To say Swansea are the outright best footballing side is biased because there are plenty who play just as good football.[/quote']

Doncaster are quiet good at it, QPR attack really, Cardiff similar to QPR. Swansea pass the ball very well, simple passing, we don't hoof the ball. If you see enough of Swansea, whether your a fan or not, it's clear to see that nobody matches up to us with our football at home. Not one team in our fourth season of passing football has ever got near to us on that level, nevermind out played us. Not QPR, not Doncaster, not anyone.

Ooh! and fantastic news to see darcey blake signed a two year contract extension. Brilliant player to have in the squad due to his versatility playing across the back 4 and midfeild. Plus being a home town lad you know he's going to give his all! hopefully we can get whitts to sign his contract asap' date=' then get chops and bellaz back from injury as soon as possible.[/quote']

Payed back the money you owe Motherwell yet? Thought not.

I disagree. You play good football, but the likes of QPR, Doncaster (we gave them a right stuffing but they played rather decently) Reading and Norwich have played the best this season.

I have no doubt that you have some quality in the likes of Sinclair, Allan and Pratley, and I believe that you'll be around/in the playoff's but there is a different margin between the clubs who are going to get Automatic promotion and a playoff place this year. The trouble for Swansea is the fact that they may not have enough depth to go all the way, in my opinion.

Cardiff City have the players to get promotion this season, but unfortunately injuries have hit us hard and we need Bellamy, Chops and Drinkwater back. When we have a full squad out, we can out-play any team in this division but we cannot afford to drop points against the likes of Palace, especially at home.

And we paid Motherwell about a month and a half ago, by the way... ;)

I have no doubt that you have some quality in the likes of Sinclair' date=' Allan and Pratley, and I believe that you'll be around/in the playoff's but there is a different margin between the clubs who are going to get Automatic promotion and a playoff place this year. The trouble for Swansea is the fact that they may not have enough depth to go all the way, in my opinion.[/quote']

I disagree with your reasoning here, we have plenty of depth. With our squad numbers going up to 42, way too much depth really, and one of the biggest squads in the divison.

If we don't reach the play-offs ... again, i feel it'll be down to a lack of character to win the crucial games away from home, we'll definatly be up there though with our home form. But especially in midfield we have four wingers who are capable of playing regularly for any side in the divison, in Cotterill, Van Der Gun, Sinclair & Dyer who are all quality. And in the centre with have so many players able to play regularly, Pratley, Allen, Cotterill & Gower are the four players out of a possible three who usually play at the moment, past that is Jordi Lopez, Orlandi & Donnelly and then our best player to come back in Ferrie Bodde.

I think Cardiff will battle it out with Notts Forest, QPR & Ipswich for automatic promotion, all the best to them.

You must play differently away from home as you were certainly hoofing it when you came to Derby.

Derby have played pretty good football this season. We absolutely dominated the current championship leaders only for the pesky sods to steal 2 goals in injury time.

Id heard alot about the football that Swansea played and how they were supposedly the best footballing side in the division so i was disapointed to see them play like they did.

Boro's main playmaker last night was Steele. ;P.

You must play differently away from home as you were certainly hoofing it when you came to Derby.

Derby have played pretty good football this season. We absolutely dominated the current championship leaders only for the pesky sods to steal 2 goals in injury time.

Id heard alot about the football that Swansea played and how they were supposedly the best footballing side in the division so i was disapointed to see them play like they did.

Boro's main playmaker last night was Steele. ;P.

Swansea didn't play particularly great football when they came to Hillsborough last season. Played effectively and got the win' date=' sure, but they were far from, "wow!".

Doncaster are the best footballing side in the Championship.[/quote']

That did seemed to be Sousa's way of things, which leaves a few bad memories from last season but it's now the best we've ever played. What makes you a good footballing side is not how you play at home, but how you maintain it away from home, this year we've done that especially against Forest & Watford.

In fairness to Sousa, against sides like Derby & Sheff. Wed you need to play a bit direct to win a game, and we won both games. Well i went to Plymouth, dreadfull display and despite the fact we should have won we played awful stuff and i was so dissapointed, we were useless at Preston and we never really did.

Things have changed now, but i wasn't too impressed when watching Doncaster-Leeds.

Payed back the money you owe Motherwell yet? Thought not.

As mentioned we've already payed off the money thanks! after the bellamy deal the amount of money we made through tickets and merchandise was more than enough to pay them off :)

oh and why would that even been an issue if we hadn't paid them off for one of our players signing a contract extension?..

Guest JackWWFC

Swansea didn't play particularly great football when they came to Hillsborough last season. Played effectively and got the win' date=' sure, but they were far from, "wow!".

Doncaster are the best footballing side in the Championship.[/quote']

Two years ago Swansea were the best, not sure now.

Guest JackWWFC

It's back to that way' date=' with a bit more flare on the wings.[/quote']

I thought Gomez was a class player, when you beat us 3-1 away from home, I remember I went, was p!ssing it down got in the ground, the drinks were terrible and I got absolutley hammered with my mates..cant remember much of the game but we got cr@pped on by you lot. Still won the league B)

"Sky Sports sources understand that ex-boss Martin O'Neill and former England head coach Sven Goran Eriksson have already held talks with the Walkers Stadium outfit."

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It could'nt happen could it?

Please be true, Please be true. Fingers crossed

:P :p :P :p We are getting Sven/O'Neill in the morning, ding dong the bells are going to chime.

EDIT: Sorry for double post, but i'm getting exited!!!

Martin O'Neill? You're having a laugh!

Curbishley? You're having a laugh!

Iain Dowie, is where it's at!

And all because you gave Sousa the sack!

ALL TOGETHER NOW!

Championship? You're having a laugh!

Championship? You're having a laugh!

(Repeat)

:)

Please note that these aren't necessarily my views. I just took on the opportunity to write a chant. :o