Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

How did he ever get a job at QPR in the first place, bad memories for three clubs and hopefully he'll go back to Portugal.

Congrats to Leicester, for sacking him eventually, and now i'm going to root for them to see how badly Sousa did compared to a manager who can actually do there job.

How did he ever get a job at QPR in the first place' date=' bad memories for three clubs and hopefully he'll go back to Portugal.

Congrats to Leicester, for sacking him eventually, and now i'm going to root for them to see how badly Sousa did compared to a manager who can actually do there job.[/quote']

My God, you are the most bitter person I have ever had the (mis-) fortune to run into. Sousa did a good job at Swansea for crying out loud, and you demean his achievements as if his stint was so terrible. You finished ONE point outside the play-off spots last season, what more do you want? You are under some sort of illusion that Swansea City Football Club is the greatest club in the whole entire world, when in reality, they are a small club who are over-achieving tremendously. Give the guy a break for crying out loud, your attacks on him are pathetic.

I don't hate many football clubs but you, single-handedly, do a very good job of making me hate Swansea. And I know I'm not the only one.

My God' date=' you are the most bitter person I have ever had the (mis-) fortune to run into. Sousa did a good job at Swansea for crying out loud, and you demean his achievements as if his stint was so terrible. You finished [b']ONE [/b]point outside the play-off spots last season, what more do you want? You are under some sort of illusion that Swansea City Football Club is the greatest club in the whole entire world, when in reality, they are a small club who are over-achieving tremendously. Give the guy a break for crying out loud, your attacks on him are pathetic.

I don't hate many football clubs but you, single-handedly, do a very good job of making me hate Swansea. And I know I'm not the only one.

He cost us the play-offs, he single handedly cost us the play-offs, not refereeing decision that didn't go our way over the course of the season, but him.

He drew more or less every home game of the season, and his decision to drop Dobbie out of the team in place of 2 goals a season Pintado, whilst Dobbie went to blackpool and scored two match winners in all, putting them up, cost us the play-off place.

His mentality is useless in the Championship, regardless of were we finished that season, it's not only me - every Swansea fan dislikes P**l* Sousa.

To be honest, this sacking is an absolute disgrace. New manager, first season, less than 10 games in and he's been given the boot. WHY? Given time, Leicester may well have adapted more to Sousa's approach and things might have begun to fit into place more. Anyway, Jonaldinho, didn't you say Leicester have dominated most games this season? Coz if that's true it makes this sacking even more stupid than it already is.

To be honest' date=' this sacking is an absolute disgrace. New manager, first season, less than 10 games in and he's been given the boot. WHY? Given time, Leicester may well have adapted more to Sousa's approach and things might have begun to fit into place more. Anyway, Jonaldinho, didn't you say Leicester have dominated most games this season? Coz if that's true it makes this sacking even more stupid than it already is.[/quote']

I wouldn't call it disgrace, but I'm not entirely on Mandaric's side. We have dominated a lot of the games, but in the last couple of games things really have begun to slip. Torn to pieces against Portsmouth, lost to Norwich, conceding 10 goals in the process. And with the possibility of a Martin O' Neill return then you can't blame LCFC fans for wanting Sousa to be sacked so he can return.

It's the team selections that have been stupid. He hasn't got any knowledge of what was effective for us last season. Oakley was dropped, Sousa brought him back in. Morrison played at RB with Hobbs and Bruce at CB, Sousa brought in Moreno (who has played rubbish) and dropped Morrison, then pretty much comitted footballing suicide by dropping Hobbs to play Pompey in the league. Fryatt was a good goalscorer and Sousa dropped him. Finally, and worst of all, paid £2-3m for a striker then played him on the wing. We haven't won the games we should've done and started to concede loads of goals, I can fully understand why Mandaric has done it.

Its going to be difficult to get a decent manager in at Leicster. They are doing awful in the league and conceding goals all over the shop. Your saving grace is the fact that Martin O'Neill is back in the frame after leaving Villa.

Sven Goran Erikson would be interested in the Ilkeston town job and seems to be after anything going.

IF you manage to get Martin Oneill in then you will finish mid table due to him inspiring the players but otherwise its going to be a long old road back to league one.

I think the sacking of Sousa was about right. You cannot lose to Norwich by such an embaressing score line and not be under pressure. (Hope that last statement doesnt come back to bite me on behind)

Swanseajack, you blame Sousa for you missing out on the play offs. But, can it seriously be his fault alone? If you'd scored once against Doncaster (or whoever it was) on the final day you'd have made it. Also, if Sousa was bad, and took you to 7th, then, why, without him, are you 8th and not in the play off spots and challenging for the top two, if Sousa was so bad? Similar to what Andy said, Swansea are a small club and last season, in my opinion, you punched above your weight, Sousa deserves credit for doing that. Personally I think Rodgers is a step back from Sousa.

Sousa cannot be the sole reason for your failure to make the play offs last season.

I wonder if Sousa will have another go at managing in England. Personally I think he should because in the end I think he will find the right club, and could well go all the way to the Premiership.

Swanseajack' date=' you blame Sousa for you missing out on the play offs. But, can it seriously be his fault alone? If you'd scored once against Doncaster (or whoever it was) on the final day you'd have made it. Also, if Sousa was bad, and took you to 7th, then, why, without him, are you 8th and not in the play off spots and challenging for the top two, if Sousa was so bad? Similar to what Andy said, Swansea are a small club and last season, in my opinion, you punched above your weight, Sousa deserves credit for doing that. Personally I think Rodgers is a step back from Sousa.

Sousa cannot be the sole reason for your failure to make the play offs last season.

I wonder if Sousa will have another go at managing in England. Personally I think he should because in the end I think he will find the right club, and could well go all the way to the Premiership.[/quote']

"Personally I think Rodgers is a step back from Sousa."

On the basis of ...

He plays better football, more attacking football and more winnable football. Even if we loose most of our away games, were getting three times the points we used to get at home. Better in the transfer market, Sousa has nothing over him, unless you don't want to risk anything and draw all of your games 0-0.

It's not his fault alone, but his faults could be contained ... such as not playing Dobbie - had he done that throughout the season we'd have been in the play-offs.

We could have scored against Doncaster, we did - ruled handball - was handball, but we didn't beat Doncaster as we didn't push all out for the win untill 10 minutes to go.

The hysteria Leicester fans seem to experience with O'Neil always makes me smile. Reminds me of one of the first times I went away with the Albion, to Filbert Street. Came from behind to win 2-1, including a 30 yard snorter from Richard Sneekes, and the Leicester fans were seething at the end, a vocal minority calling for MON to be sacked. Football's a fickle game.

Edit: I'd also add that the Sousa sacking is, for me, a joke. 10 games is never enough to judge a manager, especially when there's an obvious transitional period to be had due to the different brands of football Pearson and Sousa employ. I'll just never, ever be able to understand the mentality behind sacking somebody who 9 games ago you thought was the right man to lead the club for the long-term. If Mandaric ends up getting into bed with Sven they might both get what they deserve.

Listening to the commentary' date=' why are they suprised that the defence is so bad? Do they not do any research?[/quote']

I think they're surprised by just how bad they are.

Mind you, we're without 11 players, including both 'keepers and all three left-backs..

Schmeichel, Higgs, Bessone, Parker, White, Connolly, Bromby, Kisnorbo, Sam, Paynter, McCormack.

We're going to struggle to find 18 players next weekend, especially without Bruce as well. Unbelievable luck, tied in with a terrible defense, does not bode well.

Edit: Just realised it's an international break. Still, with our amazing physio that manages to make players out injured for two or three months longer than first predicted, it makes little difference.

Hard earned 3 points away to Barnsley, good to see bellamy getting back on the score sheet after his recent injuries! managed to see out the last 10minutes with darcey blake getting himself sent off.

Oh and i think Whitts time of being penalty taker is over now after a 2nd miss of the season, hand it over to bellamy :D

My God' date=' you are the most bitter person I have ever had the (mis-) fortune to run into. Sousa did a good job at Swansea for crying out loud, and you demean his achievements as if his stint was so terrible. You finished [b']ONE [/b]point outside the play-off spots last season, what more do you want? You are under some sort of illusion that Swansea City Football Club is the greatest club in the whole entire world, when in reality, they are a small club who are over-achieving tremendously. Give the guy a break for crying out loud, your attacks on him are pathetic.

Well said. Swansea are bitter right from the chairman (the cardiff rant last season) down to the fans. Now this is what SwanseaJack said last season after he became a bit bitter when Swansea's beloved Roberto martinez moved to a bigger and better club

And for some reason your saying we're now defensivley minded under Souza' date=' infact we're much more attacking minded and will put on 2/3 strikers when we're drawing or losing. We still pass the ball as we used t, but we're not afraid to play the long ball anymore.

[/quote']

You've changed your tune a lot Swanseajack eh? From playing more attacking minded football than martinez to playing utter $hit and back to playing what you refer to as the best football in the championship.

Nice 0-0 today. Cant ask for much more than that away to Swansea. We can go away happy for a break now and come back with some players fit again.

11 unfit players? Have you employed our physio from last season?

You were well worth your point today. You closed down our midfield well, and we struggled to get many shots on goal due to our lack of creativity. Unfortunately, you didn't offer too much going forward either, so the match was a stalemate throughout. It was definitely the worst match that I've seen this season. :(:P

Woo! Join the club...ayatollah.gif