Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

Wozza you speak like my 14yo brother. :(

RE the QPR thing - this would suggest surely that they'll be deducted points?

Obviously doesn't confirm anything, I'm not saying that, merely that by delaying it suggests that points WILL be deducted - otherwise, why delay it? If there's to be no points deduction, surely they could announce it today, like planned, and QPR could then celebrate.

Aidan like you said, you and Cardiff are the ones who have real problems now. I can only imagine Rodgers and Jones will just have to go for it though, at least try and win in-case they do get deducted points. Although mind you, you're probably better off - how often in recent years is it the team that are fighting all the way to the last game end up going up? When you've got a play-off spot sealed and nowt to play for with a game or two to spare, whether you rest players or not, the momentum slows. When a team is fighting til the end, they can carry that into the play-offs, with the same players and the same understanding, rather than switching everything around. Momentum.

Wozza you speak like my 14yo brother. :(

RE the QPR thing - this would suggest surely that they'll be deducted points?

Obviously doesn't confirm anything' date=' I'm not saying that, merely that by delaying it suggests that points WILL be deducted - otherwise, why delay it? If there's to be no points deduction, surely they could announce it today, like planned, and QPR could then celebrate.[/quote']

It's being delayed because of the "quantity of evidence being considered" apparently. I would LOVE to be in the courtroom, going to do Law at Uni and might see if I can move into Sports Law, or something similar, after that.

The fact that they were breaking rules from the moment they signed him should prove a crucial factor, as it was illegal for him to play for them for over a year. They really should be docked points in my opinion, just have no idea how many.

QPR are being presented the trophy tomorrow at home against Leeds. Warnock has said "I love Loftus Road and I want the fans to enjoy the party on Saturday." Surely they can't properly enjoy it with this hanging over their head?

In others news' date=' Leeds are going for an all-white kit next season, including an all-white badge and white text.

[img']http://www.t-shirtegypt.com/images/tshirt_egypt_04.png[/img]

What do you think?

I think it looks smashing.

I think it looks like a £2.50 shirt from Primark.

Haha I apologise if the whole bare jokes has caused outrage!

Not really sure what the fuss is. If the lino was a bloke nothing would have been said...

Nobody rugby tackles linesmen randomly out of the blue for no reason and he clearly intended it because she was female and he probably shares the same views as Andy Gray did :rolleyes: What a despicable person he is for doing that with maliciousness and not even apologizing.

Nobody rugby tackles linesmen randomly out of the blue for no reason and he clearly intended it because she was female and he probably shares the same views as Andy Gray did :rolleyes: What a despicable person he is for doing that B)

The guy is a legend :D:D:rolleyes:

Nobody rugby tackles linesmen randomly out of the blue for no reason and he clearly intended it because she was female and he probably shares the same views as Andy Gray did :rolleyes: What a despicable person he is for doing that with maliciousness and not even apologizing.

He didn't apologise, does this make him despicable? He's changing pace to go atfer the ball. Jeez some people. :rolleyes:

He didn't apologise' date=' does this make him despicable? He's changing pace to go atfer the ball. Jeez some people. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I'm sorry but are we watching the same video :eek: It couldn't be more obvious that he wasn't going after the ball even if he tried :rolleyes: The fact he didn't apologise and also rugby tackled her like a right ape purposefully shows he is below vermin. I'll just leave it at that now and stop arguing over it B)

Personally I thought it was very funny. What would make it even funnier is if he intended to do it. :D

Stop being such a bleeding heart and appreciate that theres nothing funnier than somebody falling over or indeed being pushed over. :P

Hopefully it knocks some sense into her because she is an awful lino. Not saying that because she is a female but in the game she lined at Pride Park(vs Burnley) she got more decisions wrong than she got right.

Personally I thought it was very funny. What would make it even funnier is if he intended to do it. :D

Stop being such a bleeding heart and appreciate that theres nothing funnier than somebody falling over or indeed being pushed over. :P

Hopefully it knocks some sense into her because she is an awful lino. Not saying that because she is a female but in the game she lined at Pride Park(vs Burnley) she got more decisions wrong than she got right.

Agreed.

Burnley away tomorrow, up at 4. The things you do for an away day! :D

PS. Congrats to Lee Lucas. In line to start for the jacks tomorrow, or so my father has said. (He works with Lucas' old man)

It does look as though he changes direction and runs towards her. Only he will know if it was intentional.

Agreed. Plus if he was any kind of decent guy he would have apologized to her. :rolleyes: He should have said sorry or at least saw if she was okay, man or woman..

Robbie Savage: The Tribute

robbie-savage-208-1282552713_307x230.jpg

On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his career and the last game for Derby County.

When he joined Derby in January 2008 for a fee of £1.5m in our Premier League season, many doubted this signing, including myself, due to the history that our club had with the man himself when he was at Leicester City. The day he dived in the 90th minute against Derby to give Leicester a famous victory against the Rams was the memory that sticks in the heads of many Derby fans still, including mine. Still up to this very day Sav denies diving.

When he signed, Jewell made him captain, which again was a very controversial decision due to the history, and lets be honest, his life at Derby didn't get off to the best of starts.

The Premier League season did not help, however Savage was signed to bring a boost and quite frankly, it was clear to see that he was not good enough for the league. His legs had gone and the Premier League was simply too good for him as well as the team.

Jewell was quick to drop him due to the lack of good performances, which saw him lose the armband. The season ended with Derby ending on 11 points, and the fans had turned against Savage.

0,,10270~9623578,00.jpg

The next season saw him make his first appearance in the Championship after playing in the Premier League for the whole of his career, however it was clear to see that Jewell had drained the confidence of Savage, at quickly shipped him out on loan to Brighton, where he struggled. Jewell then famously said in a press conference that he would only be fit enough for the conference. This lead to Savage trying to commit suicide by driving into a tree, and suffering from serious depression.

Jewell was the sacked after failing to meet expectations, which saw the introduction of Nigel Clough, who pulled Savage out of the cold against Savage's former club Manchester United in the Carling Cup Semi Final. Savage came off the bench for the final three minutes of the thrilling 1-0 semi-final first leg win over Manchester United at Pride Park. With new boss Nigel Clough watching on from the stands, Savage helped the Rams through the final crucial moments of the game. It was a big turning point for Savage in his time at Pride Park and he went on to a regular in the closing months of the season and played an instrumental role in the memorable league and FA Cup wins at Nottingham Forest. Due to this, Savage was slowly getting his confidence back, and winning over the Derby faithful due to his leadership and passion on the pitch.

Nottingham+Forest+v+Derby+County+FA+Cup+4th+OKtuHzkdb2Bl.jpg

Robbie regained the Derby captaincy in late August 2009 from Paul Connolly, and his first game back at Pride Park as skipper came against Plymouth Argyle in the Championship. Miles Addison was the matchwinner with a towering header in the final minute, but Savage produced game-saving tackle moments earlier which proved to be a hugely decisive moment in the game. Argyle striker Jamie Mackie was clear on goal, but Savage sprinted back to superbly slide in and win the ball. He received a standing ovation and was eventually voted Man of the Match by the Derby County supporters. Within two minutes Derby had pushed on and won the game minutes later thanks to Addison's header.

Sav went on to be an instrumental part of the side that season, and made his leadership clear off the pitch aswell, coming out and defending Nigel Clough and the backroom staff about "rumours" that were floating around at the time. Savage went on a 10 minute rant on BBC Radio Derby and is still fresh in the memory of the Derby faithful.

<--- Interview Rant

This season, Savage very early on announced his retirement at the end of the season. He hesitated now and then and was soon linked with a move to America to carry on playing, however, his Media Career has enlarged, and is a massive part of the 606 show on BBC 5 Live.

Robbie's 600th career appearance came in October 2010, and he marked with the occasion with a typically combative midfield display and a goal in the final minute. At the time Derby were in the playoff hunt and first half goals from Dean Moxey and Alberto Bueno had already put Derby on their way to victory when Savage was given the opportunity to round off a memorable day for the Rams late on from the penalty spot after Russell Anderson was fouled. He did the rest from the spot and ran off celebrate in front of his family in one of the executive boxes at Pride Park. At full-time he thanked the fans over the tannoy system and was also presented a shirt with his name and the number 600 on the back by his team-mates in the dressing room.

0,,10270~9122231,00.jpg

However, Savage will be remembered this season for the songs that he had done on his twitter account. Most notably was his debut single, which sparked off a number of tunes that Sav sung. The most emotional had to have been the "Pride Park" tune, which he dedicated for all the Derby fans.

<---- 3 points Today

<---- I speak no english ft Kuqi

<---- Pride Park

By expressing himself on twitter, he has also been able to give insights from the Derby camp, including banter on the bus back from Portman Road:

Savage's last home game was against Bristol City last Saturday, which the Rams lost 2-0 to Bristol City, however, it was an emotional day for Sav, as he walked onto the Pitch with his Father, who is suffering from Picks Disease, and it was clearly a special day for Mr. Marmite.

0,,10270~9632169,00.jpg

Overall, for me this is an incredible story. Savage has already stated that being at Derby has been on of the highlights of his career from being dead and buried to being a hero at Derby. Savage is the first one to admit that he isn't the most talented, and he is a waaaaanker. But he's our waaaaanker, and I'd rather he was on our side than not.

He has been a true ambassador to the club in his media coverage, and hopefully he will carry on with this and overall, he is a very nice guy.

And most importantly, he says it how it is:

Thanks for the Memories Sav!

Oh and

It's not down to the Football League' date=' it's all down to the FA.

What a joke, what the hell is going to happen now. I'm furios, so forgive the captial letters

If Swansea play a second string side against Sheff. United and draw, when a win would have put us 3rd then QPR get deducted points and we don't go up because of it then what can we do but play a first team.

So as a result we're having to avoid resting players like Scott Sinclair, Mark Gower and Fabio Borini who are so key to us but have picked up knocks recentley and it would be ideal to rest them untill Thursday/Friday. But apparantly we can't because the FA are deciding, we're going to wait untill the end of the season to do this and to add to it all they can't even get it done on time.

[b']SACK THEM ALL![/b]

I know it was the PL that dealt with the Tevez affair so thought it would be the FL who dealt with this case?

Its completely unfair for you and Cardiff and whoever is making the decisions clearly don't have a reasonable understanding of the game!

The only reason I can think of for the delay is that they are working out how many points to dock (either so QPR finish second or due to other factors like games played with Faurlin etc.).

I'm guessing you're going tomorrow? Please can you look out for Maguire (CB), Slew (CF), Kennedy (defence), Long (GK) and Harriot (CM). All of these are our youngsters and are rumoured to be starting (Maguire n Slew have started the last 3/4 games) and are only 18-they are our future and will be pivotal next season. Would be nice to know what somebody independent has to say about them! Not sure whether they'll all start but I think there's a decent chance a couple should be!

I know it was the PL that dealt with the Tevez affair so thought it would be the FL who dealt with this case?

Its completely unfair for you and Cardiff and whoever is making the decisions clearly don't have a reasonable understanding of the game!

The only reason I can think of for the delay is that they are working out how many points to dock (either so QPR finish second or due to other factors like games played with Faurlin etc.).

I'm guessing you're going tomorrow? Please can you look out for Maguire (CB)' date=' Slew (CF), Kennedy (defence), Long (GK) and Harriot (CM). All of these are our youngsters and are rumoured to be starting (Maguire n Slew have started the last 3/4 games) and are only 18-they are our future and will be pivotal next season. Would be nice to know what somebody independent has to say about them! Not sure whether they'll all start but I think there's a decent chance a couple should be![/quote']

If i were a Leeds fan i wouldn't be happy either as QPR now have to play a first team i think seeing as they could get docked 10 points which in my opinion ends any slim chances Leeds had of making the play-offs.

The reason for delay is excessive evidence or something, so i think they underestimated the length of time it would take which is very suprising.

Wow your playing a youth in goal, no worries then :D If you do that Micky Adams is a little silly. I heard your playing all youngsters next season so i suppose it makes sense.

If i were a Leeds fan i wouldn't be happy either as QPR now have to play a first team i think seeing as they could get docked 10 points which in my opinion ends any slim chances Leeds had of making the play-offs.

The reason for delay is excessive evidence or something' date=' so i think they underestimated the length of time it would take which is very suprising.

Wow your playing a youth in goal, no worries then :D If you do that Micky Adams is a little silly. I heard your playing all youngsters next season so i suppose it makes sense.[/quote']

Yh, the only thing it doesn't actually affect is relegation, unfortunately!

What they say it's for and the actual reason it's for could be two completely different things ;)

Playing my gran in goal would be better than Simmonsen though. I'm surprised Long hasn't been tried out before (if it is long then he's a skinhead!). Simmo has dropped sooo many clangers it's unbelievable. If you haven't seen the OG he scored against Bristol a few weeks back then it's sumat worth finding, words cannot describe! All the high earners like Hendo, Ched, Simmo, Monty, Quinn etc. will be moved on (at last) and next years squad will be based around the youth with some added experience...they have been the one thing that has provided a little light out of a very dark season for us!

Good luck in the play-offs btw. Hope you or Reading go up.

She was quite possibly the best lino we've had at ER this season..

]If i were a Leeds fan i wouldn't be happy either as QPR now have to play a first team i think seeing as they could get docked 10 points which in my opinion ends any slim chances Leeds had of making the play-offs.[/b]

The reason for delay is excessive evidence or something' date=' so i think they underestimated the length of time it would take which is very suprising.

Wow your playing a youth in goal, no worries then :D If you do that Micky Adams is a little silly. I heard your playing all youngsters next season so i suppose it makes sense.[/quote']

Other way round - if QPR had been deducted points before our match, they would be demoralised and it would have increased our chances of winning - thus giving us an unfair advantage. And I don't think Colin needs any incentive to play a full-strength team - he despises us

I agree with the FA leaving it til after the game.

Most Leeds fans have realistically given up on the play-offs, and personally, I wouldn't want to play in them if it wasn't on merit.

However I don't think I have anything to worry about - even if a points deduction put it back into our own hands, we'd still find a way to screw it up!

I still think we'll lose tomorrow (today) and finish 8th or 9th.