Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

Only two changes' date=' Tate in for Monk, i presume Monk is injured. And Britton in for Gower. Really glad Dobbie is playing, doesn't always play away from home but glad he's going out to score[/b']

Only change is Earnshaw for Tudgay. I have a feeling Earnshaw will score, but i'm sure Tudgay will come on at some stage.

COME ON THE SWANS!!!!

And that's gone with a minute. Taylor sent off, Swansea down to ten and Monk's on :)

Taylor :o

And Dobbie having to make way :o :o

But we've been on top even with 10 men, kept the ball a lot more then they have and we should be winning really. Camp has been fantastic, Borini prevented 3 times by good saved. I'd be delighted with 0-0 with our home form though.

Well done lads!

When Borini went off injured, we lost a lot of energy upfront and a lot of our goalthreat upfront which swayed the tie in Forest's favour. And that was the way off it, got luck with the penalty and although it was a clear penalty Tate did well to move his hands away and make it as difficult for the referee as possible. The offside goal was clearly offside, typical Earnshaw.

Anyway i think with the effort we put into it we deserved to not-deserve the draw :P. Nathan Dyer take a bow son, this is how he plays every week and just proves my point i've said recentley on this thread.

I'm worried about Borini's injured, and i'll be dissapointed with Taylor injured but i still think we'll beat them at home. Dobbie and Dyer will be key and i'll keep to what i've said from the start at 0-0 away and 2-0 home.

Poor challenge from Taylor and you can't argue with a red but he was a little unlucky. McGugan's reaction made it look worse than it was, he's obviously been taking lessons from Busquets on how to quickly look to see if it was noticed as well

Poor challenge from Taylor and you can't argue with a red but he was a little unlucky. McGugan's reaction made it look worse than it was' date=' he's obviously been taking lessons from Busquets on how to quickly look to see if it was noticed as well[/quote']

Yes it was a red card offence, but McGugan didn't help matters at all and neither did any of the Forest players. Although i can't disagree with the decision by the referee i'm angered at the reaction of McGugan and co. And McGugan will get the reception he deserves come Monday. :)

I'd love it if Swansea didn't go up this season, then they bought Craig M.S for whatever, £1M, and he scored 15 odd goals. I'd bet SJ would love him then :P Mind you, unlikely they'd go up without Sinclair carrying them.

I'd love it if Swansea didn't go up this season' date=' then they bought Craig M.S for whatever, £1M, and he scored 15 odd goals. I'd bet SJ would love him then :P [b']Mind you, unlikely they'd go up without Sinclair carrying them[/b].

Did you not watch yesterday? :P

I'd love it if Swansea didn't go up this season' date=' then they bought Craig M.S for whatever, £1M, and he scored 15 odd goals. I'd bet SJ would love him then :P Mind you, unlikely they'd go up without Sinclair carrying them.[/font']

For a start, i don't think we'll be buying him. Rodgers has more common sense to waste £3m on him.

Anyway Sinclair's far from carrying us. I'd say at the moment he's possibly our 5th or 6th best player behind Dobbie, Dyer, Borini and De Vries for sure. I'd rather him go then Dyer, despite his lack of goals. Sinclair hasn't even been heavily rumored to leave, the rumours are suggesting Williams, Rangel and De Vries will all leave if we don't go up.

EDIT: As Jenks says below. Anyone who watched the game yesterday would be like "Sinclair who? All i saw was Dyer".

I didn't' date=' aint got SS :P He's carried them for a large chunk though.[/font']

Didn't think so :P

He's always been the same, as has Dyer. Dyer has been the better play - hence the player of the season award whilst Sinclair has goals and the ability to take players on but far from as much ability or level of performances as Dyer.

For a start' date=' i don't think we'll be buying him. Rodgers has more common sense to waste £3m on him.

Anyway Sinclair's far from carrying us. I'd say at the moment he's possibly our 5th or 6th best player behind Dobbie, Dyer, Borini and De Vries for sure. [b']I'd rather him go then Dyer, despite his lack of goals[/b]. Sinclair hasn't even been heavily rumored to leave, the rumours are suggesting Williams, Rangel and De Vries will all leave if we don't go up.

EDIT: As Jenks says below. Anyone who watched the game yesterday would be like "Sinclair who? All i saw was Dyer".

You'd prefer to lose a guy who has scored 19 goals in 39 league starts, than a guy who has scored 2 goals in 45 starts?

I respectfully disagree :o

Didn't think so :P

He's always been the same' date=' as has Dyer. Dyer has been the better play - hence the player of the season award whilst Sinclair has goals and the ability to take players on but far from as much ability or level of performances as Dyer.[/quote']

Well, I have Sky, but we scrapped the SS package beacuse we can't afford it, we can't all afford the luxury channels can we :rolleyes:

I know Sinc isn't as good as Dyer, but all I'm saying is, performance and stats wise, he's carried the Swans for 3/4 of the season. Overall though, Dyer brings more to the table, but he doesn't get the goals, he sets it up, but overall, Sinclair has been more infulential this season.

You'd prefer to lose a guy who has scored 19 goals in 39 league starts' date=' than a guy who has scored 2 goals in 45 starts?

I respectfully disagree :o[/quote']

I prefer the better player.

Rob, he really hasn't carried us. 5 of his 24 goals have been cup goals. 7 of his 19 league goals were penalties. He's been very good, but i don't think he's been our best player for any specific stage of the season. It's been Dyer, Dobbie or De Vries throughout the season.

Yes it was a red card offence' date=' but McGugan didn't help matters at all and neither did any of the Forest players. Although i can't disagree with the decision by the referee i'm angered at the reaction of McGugan and co. And McGugan will get the reception he deserves come Monday. :)[/quote']

Aye, this is part of the reason I despise Forest so much. Their the least "footballing" team of the play-off sides, and the most cynical.

You'd prefer to lose a guy who has scored 19 goals in 39 league starts' date=' than a guy who has scored 2 goals in 45 starts?

I respectfully disagree :o[/quote']

Tbf I see his point. I'd much rather keep Snodgrass or Howson than Becchio say, who's scored more goals than both of them put together. Or a similar comparison - I'd rather Snodgrass to Gradel. Gradel's pace, work rate, dribbling and finishing (particularly from range) has got him 18 league goals this season, yet Snodgrass just has a much better all round game, better decisions, creativity, delivery. Snodgrass knows how to make things happen, how to create something out of nothing - Gradel is a little one-dimensional (however he's much better than your average pacey winger - his end product has improved massively, his work rate is exceptional).

Goals isn't everything.

Tbf I see his point. I'd much rather keep Snodgrass or Howson than Becchio say' date=' who's scored more goals than both of them put together. Or a similar comparison - I'd rather Snodgrass to Gradel. Gradel's pace, work rate, dribbling and finishing (particularly from range) has got him 18 league goals this season, yet Snodgrass just has a much better all round game, better decisions, creativity, delivery. Snodgrass knows how to make things happen, how to create something out of nothing - Gradel is a little one-dimensional (however he's much better than your average pacey winger - his end product has improved massively, his work rate is exceptional).

Goals isn't everything.[/quote']

You're comparing Howson, a CM, with Becchio, a striker though.

My point was, although I didn't actually say it which was my fault, that Sinclair and Dyer play in similar positions and Sinclair has scored 17 goals more. Dyer has more defensive work to do (I think...?) but still, Sinclair has scored a bucket load more than him in a similar, albeit not identical, role.

Well done lads!

When Borini went off injured' date=' we lost a lot of energy upfront and a lot of our goalthreat upfront which swayed the tie in Forest's favour. And that was the way off it, got luck with the penalty and although it was a clear penalty Tate did well to move his hands away and make it as difficult for the referee as possible. The offside goal was clearly offside, typical Earnshaw.

Anyway i think with the effort we put into it we deserved to not-deserve the draw :P. [b']Nathan Dyer take a bow son[/b], this is how he plays every week and just proves my point i've said recentley on this thread.

I'm worried about Borini's injured, and i'll be dissapointed with Taylor injured but i still think we'll beat them at home. Dobbie and Dyer will be key and i'll keep to what i've said from the start at 0-0 away and 2-0 home.

Congrats Aidan, have to confess i haven't seen much of Swansea this season other than brief highlights but i was impressed with their attitude and tactics.

Bit like a poor man's Barcelona with the 3 up front but that comparison might be going a bit far as i suppose that would make Dyer the Messi of Swansea! :D

Your lot were definitely more up for it and i thought the pressure got to our guys more :(

The only good thing is that after failing to score against 10 men and now travelling to Fortress Liberty then we're now underdogs which hopefully might help some of our guys chill out a little and play their normal game.

First goal will be massive, especially if it's early as the jury is still out as to how mentally tough some of our guys are so to concede early away from home could be a disaster.

An early goal for us though and all the pressure shifts to your guys which could be interesting, especially if the home fans get as impatient as ours did last night.....

You're comparing Howson' date=' a CM, with Becchio, a striker though.

My point was, although I didn't actually say it which was my fault, that Sinclair and Dyer play in similar positions and Sinclair has scored 17 goals more. Dyer has more defensive work to do (I think...?) but still, Sinclair has scored a bucket load more than him in a similar, albeit not identical, role.[/quote']

They play in exactly the same position, Dyer's the better player though. I'd rather have the better player.

Congrats Aidan' date=' have to confess i haven't seen much of Swansea this season other than brief highlights but i was impressed with their attitude and tactics.

Bit like a poor man's Barcelona with the 3 up front but that comparison might be going a bit far as i suppose that would make Dyer the Messi of Swansea! :D

Your lot were definitely more up for it and i thought the pressure got to our guys more :(

The only good thing is that after failing to score against 10 men and now travelling to Fortress Liberty then we're now underdogs which hopefully might help some of our guys chill out a little and play their normal game.

First goal will be massive, especially if it's early as the jury is still out as to how mentally tough some of our guys are so to concede early away from home could be a disaster.

An early goal for us though and all the pressure shifts to your guys which could be interesting, especially if the home fans get as impatient as ours did last night.....[/quote']

We weren't really our normal selves either. If you compare us to a poor man's Barcelona, we wer without our Iniesta if you like in Stephen Dobbie. He'll add so much to our game in the home leg, even if were without Taylor and possibly Borini.

Long way to go yet. The first goal will be massive as you say, personally with the way we've been playing at home the pressure is on us to win on Monday.

My God I hate Bothroyd. The guy's a cheat' date=' how he got capped for England I'll never know.[/quote']

He's the worse of the lot, just a plain cheat. Spends more time on the floor then he spends on the ball and is just constantly on the floor. So glad he got booked, Chopra should have been booked though.

All the decisions going Cardiff's way but the only side that looks like scoring is Reading. Cardiff haven't had a shot since Bellamy's gone off after about 15-20 minutes and it's one way traffic.

I'd hate to play Cardiff in the final, so come on Reading. Do what you deserve to do and win the game.

He's the worse of the lot' date=' just a plain cheat. Spends more time on the floor then he spends on the ball and is just constantly on the floor. So glad he got booked, Chopra should have been booked though.

All the decisions going Cardiff's way but the only side that looks like scoring is Reading. Cardiff haven't had a shot since Bellamy's gone off after about 15-20 minutes and it's one way traffic.

[b']I'd hate to play Cardiff in the final[/b], so come on Reading. Do what you deserve to do and win the game.

You won't be - Forrest are going to win your one :P