Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

You're comparing Howson' date=' a CM, with Becchio, a striker though.

My point was, although I didn't actually say it which was my fault, that Sinclair and Dyer play in similar positions and Sinclair has scored 17 goals more. Dyer has more defensive work to do (I think...?) but still, Sinclair has scored a bucket load more than him in a similar, albeit not identical, role.[/quote']

Well ye, but then I compared Snodgrass and Gradel - our wingers. Gradel has 18 goals this season, Snodgrass has 7. Gradel has one more assist. Yet I'd rather have Snodgrass than Gradel. He just has so much more to this game than goals.

My God I hate Bothroyd. The guy's a cheat' date=' how he got capped for England I'll never know.[/quote']
He's the worse of the lot' date=' just a plain cheat. Spends more time on the floor then he spends on the ball and is just constantly on the floor. So glad he got booked, Chopra should have been booked though.

All the decisions going Cardiff's way but the only side that looks like scoring is Reading. Cardiff haven't had a shot since Bellamy's gone off after about 15-20 minutes and it's one way traffic.

I'd hate to play Cardiff in the final, so come on Reading. Do what you deserve to do and win the game.[/quote']

I dont condone what he does, half the time im yelling at him from the stands to stay on his bloody feet... however i dont think its fair to call him a cheat as lets be honest thats the way the games gone nowadays, its all about players over exagerating to win free kicks to slow down play or give there team and opportunity to lump the ball in the box blah blah.

ANyways i said before the game i would happily take a draw and bring it back to our place and that we did so im more than happy with the result in what appeared to be a tricky game. :)

Doncaster turn down Ipswich bid for Billy Sharp

The bid of £2.3m rejected shows that Doncaster certainly value Sharp, although without him they don't have much going for them. More interesting to see that Ipwich continue to offer large sums of money for players despite there lack of success whilst not living within there means.

As i predicted a few days ago, a mass exodus at Pompy

Ten players have been let go by Portsmouth in preparation for the new season, leaving them with few players going into next season. The players being released are:

Richard Hughes: 14 games, 0 goals

Michael Brown: 24 games, 3 goals

Danny Webber: 8 games, 0 goals

Darryl Flanagan: 0 games, 0 goals

Marlon Pack: 2 games, 0 goals

Pete Gregory: 2 games, 0 goals

Tom Kilbey: 3 games, 0 goals

Perry Ryan: 0 games, 0 goals

Ellis Martin: 0 games, 0 goals

Billy Goddard: 0 games, 0 goals

The only major names there are Hughes, Brown and Webber and the others are just youngsters really but they do need to be replaced. Portsmouth don't really have any money to do this, and i'm not sure where there going to find better players for free transfers.

This leaves them with a first team squad of 14 players who made any sort of an impact last season, and that's before clubs will be in for the likes of Lawrence, Mokoena, Kitson and Nugent in the summer.

I dont condone what he does' date=' half the time im yelling at him from the stands to stay on his bloody feet... however i dont think its fair to call him a cheat as lets be honest thats the way the games gone nowadays, its all about players over exagerating to win free kicks to slow down play or give there team and opportunity to lump the ball in the box blah blah.

ANyways i said before the game i would happily take a draw and bring it back to our place and that we did so im more than happy with the result in what appeared to be a tricky game. :)[/quote']

No, the guy's a cheat :o It's that simple.

When I was at your stadium, they were showing his dives from previous games on the big screen. Gets into the penalty area, defender makes a slight movement but doesn't make contact, and down he goes. Cheat.

Said from the start that I wanted Reading to win the play-offs, so I hope they can do a Boro and turn you over :)

No' date=' the guy's a cheat :o It's that simple.

When I was at your stadium, they were showing his dives from previous games on the big screen. Gets into the penalty area, defender makes a slight movement but doesn't make contact, and down he goes. Cheat.

Said from the start that I wanted Reading to win the play-offs, so I hope they can do a Boro and turn you over :)[/quote']

Well then about 90% of footballers nowadays are cheats because they all do it, its the way the games going. Honest players who stay on their feet are very few and far between these days. If you think none of your lot would fling themselves down in the box to win a penalty then your just deluded.

Are you always this bitter? :rolleyes:

Well then about 90% of footballers nowadays are cheats because they all do it' date=' its the way the games going. Honest players who stay on their feet are very few and far between these days. If you think none of your lot would fling themselves down in the box to win a penalty then your just deluded.

Are you always this bitter? :rolleyes:[/quote']

I'm not talking about one occasion here, he repeatedly throws himself down all over the pitch, it's just the dives (plural!) in the penalty area that stand out. He's just an instantly dislikable player, constantly moaning, diving and somehow gets a cap for England despite playing in the Championship.

Not bitter at all B)

Well then about 90% of footballers nowadays are cheats because they all do it' date=' its the way the games going. Honest players who stay on their feet are very few and far between these days. If you think none of your lot would fling themselves down in the box to win a penalty then your just deluded.

Are you always this bitter? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Once again he should have been sent off. He'd already been booked and then blatently dived in the corner of the pitch. Just like he did against Middlesbrough. I'm not happy with his style of play, and nobody else in the Reading-Cardiff or Forest-Swansea games did what Bothroyd did, even Lewis McGugan and i just don't like the way he plays the game (on the floor).

I'm not talking about one occasion here' date=' he repeatedly throws himself down all over the pitch, it's just the dives (plural!) in the penalty area that stand out. He's just an instantly dislikable player, constantly moaning, diving and somehow gets a cap for England despite playing in the Championship.

Not bitter at all B)[/quote']

Once again he should have been sent off. He'd already been booked and then blatently dived in the corner of the pitch. Just like he did against Middlesbrough. I'm not happy with his style of play' date=' and nobody else in the Reading-Cardiff or Forest-Swansea games did what Bothroyd did, even Lewis McGugan and i just don't like the way he plays the game (on the floor).[/quote']

I take both of your opinions on board..

But at the end of the day i dont really care :P everybodys got players they cant stand at opposition clubs for one reason or the other and whether its Jay for his diving and moaning and whinging or Bellamy for his attitude or Chopra for his attitude it makes no difference really.

Doncaster turn down Ipswich bid for Billy Sharp

The bid of £2.3m rejected shows that Doncaster certainly value Sharp' date=' although without him they don't have much going for them. More interesting to see that Ipwich continue to offer large sums of money for players despite there lack of success whilst not living within there means.[/quote']

Note that the bid was for Coppinger as well. I think they're right to as well, as like you say, they're a much weaker side without him. He guarantees a goal every other game at least and notice that their form dropped off dramatically when he was out injured for a large chunk of the season.

I take both of your opinions on board..

But at the end of the day i dont really care :P everybodys got players they cant stand at opposition clubs for one reason or the other and whether its Jay for his diving and moaning and whinging or Bellamy for his attitude or Chopra for his attitude it makes no difference really.

Haha fair enough :) If we sign Marlon King' date=' who we are heavily linked with, then I wont be happy. We just don't need to be buying players like that, there are better purchases out there.

Note that the bid was for Coppinger as well. I think they're right to as well, as like you say, they're a much weaker side without him. He guarantees a goal every other game at least and notice that their form dropped off dramatically when he was out injured for a large chunk of the season.

Wasn't the £2.3m for Sharp then an extra £300k for Coppinger?

Either way, they should hang on to both of them, especially Sharp.

Wasn't the £2.3m for Sharp then an extra £300k for Coppinger?

Either way' date=' they should hang on to both of them, especially Sharp.[/quote']

Oops, you're right! I should read more closely! I read the story in the local paper though, and I could have sworn they reported £2.3m for the pair...

He's easily worth that much, in my personal opinion.

Mark Robins has resigned at Barnsley

Will Barnsley ever be the same? He was a top manager this season, working on absoloutly nothing in terms of transfer budget and wage bill and helping Barnsley to there highest placed finish since returning to the Championship. Never complained about the budget, unlike that git Billy Davies and i'm sure he'll takeover a stronger and bigger club than Barnsley.

Mark Robins has resigned at Barnsley

Will Barnsley ever be the same? He was a top manager this season' date=' working on absoloutly nothing in terms of transfer budget and wage bill and helping Barnsley to there highest placed finish since returning to the Championship. Never complained about the budget, unlike that git Billy Davies and i'm sure he'll takeover a stronger and bigger club than Barnsley.[/quote']

Tbh i don't know what their board is playing at, he's a great manager who will go on to manage much better clubs than Barnsley. They have signed their fate with this decision, i might put a cheeky bid on them coming bottom next season :D

Tbh i don't know what their board is playing at' date=' he's a great manager who will go on to manage much better clubs than Barnsley. They have signed their fate with this decision, i might put a cheeky bid on them coming bottom next season :D[/quote']

They didn't sack him, he resigned. But Barnsley should have done anything to prevent him from signing if it was within there power. I can see them going down next season unless they can manage to bring in an equally strong manager, which is far from likely.

They didn't sack him' date=' he resigned. But Barnsley should have done anything to prevent him from signing if it was within there power. I can see them going down next season unless they can manage to bring in an equally strong manager, which is far from likely.[/quote']

My bad :o - they will still go down though and the club should have tried harder to tempt him to stay

Dear Championship;

Please keep your 'English' clubs Cardiff and Swansea' date=' yours sincerely,

EPL fan[/quote']

We were invited to the English League's, if either side wins the playoffs they deserve the right to play in the premiership. I'm hoping for an all Welsh final, just for the banter!! :D

We were invited to the English League's' date=' [b']if either side wins the playoffs they deserve the right to play in the premiership[/b]. I'm hoping for an all Welsh final, just for the banter!! :D

Not according to Google Earth.

Says someone from Northern Ireland who supports a team notorious for its lack of Englishmen...

Whoop dee Doo, cheap shot... :rolleyes:

Keep it English, if Rangers/Celtic can't move down south, why can non-English teams play in the English Premier League?

Whoop dee Doo' date=' cheap shot... :rolleyes:

Keep it English, if Rangers/Celtic can't move down south, why can non-English teams play in the English Premier League?[/quote']

And yours wasn't cheap? :rolleyes:

Swansea and Cardiff have always competed in the English leagues. Preventing them from competing at the highest level all of a sudden is ridiculous.