Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

Pratley's goal really was brilliant. Open goal from the halfway line - sounds easy. But in reality he's at full sprint, under pressure, with no time, and the ball's moving forwards, away from him. Brilliant strike.

All three were brilliant. Don't think Pratley can take the best goal purely because there was no 'keeper. Britton's was a brilliant strike but Dobbie's had great build-up.

Pratley's goal really was brilliant. Open goal from the halfway line - sounds easy. But in reality he's at full sprint' date=' under pressure, with no time, and the ball's moving forwards, away from him. Brilliant strike.

All [b']four[/b] were brilliant. Don't think Pratley can take the best goal purely because there was no 'keeper. Britton's was a brilliant strike but Dobbie's had great build-up.

Earnshaw's was his first touch of the ball, nice run around the defence and a cracking finish to beat the keeper at the near post. Not saying it's the best but also pretty darn good...

Pratley's goal really was brilliant. Open goal from the halfway line - sounds easy. But in reality he's at full sprint' date=' under pressure, with no time, and the ball's moving forwards, away from him. Brilliant strike.

All three were brilliant. Don't think Pratley can take the best goal purely because there was no 'keeper. Britton's was a brilliant strike but Dobbie's had great build-up.[/quote']

Well it really is up to opinion. Britton never scores, scored on the final against Sheffield United but before that didn't score for 4 or 5 years. But they were all good, Pratley's was brillaint as was Dobbie's, Britton's and Earnshaw's.

Can someone give Aidan a spliff or something to calm him down please?

;)

There's no calming me down. I'm sure you'll have the same feeling if you get to a play-off final.

I'm actually thinking i'm pretty calm to what i could be. :)

All three were brilliant. Don't think Pratley can take the best goal purely because there was no 'keeper. Britton's was a brilliant strike but Dobbie's had great build-up.[/quote']

Dobbie's is the pick of the bunch for me, the interplay between him and Dyer was fantastic and the little nutmeg to set up the goal was very nicely done.

Did he do it? Didn't see it' date=' got to see it. But i saw Pratley over there, i was too busy going mental. But yes, we had 10 men, and managed to draw 0-0 away from home. Forest never looked good enough to keep a clean sheet with 11 men away from home, nevermind 10.

Thanks Dan :)[/quote']

3219274-rodgers_460_289.jpg?h=1a74495fa7dc4a2afd623294d1d45db1

3219266-rodgers2_460_297.jpg?h=35c7ae11f5a44158968883bd412a8788

3219264-swansfans_460_313.jpg?h=adbf0180a5d1cf7030269ccefe100944

Dobbie's is the pick of the bunch for me' date=' the interplay between him and Dyer was fantastic and the little nutmeg to set up the goal was very nicely done.[/quote']

This is typical Dobbie for you, nothing un-normal for Dobbie. Last two games of the normal season:

Millwall away

Gd9RAuhG_B8

Sheff. United at home

o0gg1dP5ze8

(Ignore the first Dobbie goal in this one)

Just makes so much of so little space and has hit goalscoring form at exactly the right time :)

This is typical Dobbie for you' date=' nothing un-normal for Dobbie. Last two games of the normal season:

[b']Millwall away[/b]

Gd9RAuhG_B8

Sheff. United at home

o0gg1dP5ze8

(Ignore the first Dobbie goal in this one)

Just makes so much of so little space and has hit goalscoring form at exactly the right time :)

Great stuff mate, i knew when i saw him at Queen of the South that he would go on to bigger and better things - he's a fantastic finisher and has a brilliant touch

Forest are an embarrassment.

I watched the last 10 minutes and counted 3 seperate pathetic dives' date=' saw the Forest assistant screaming in the 4th official's face and watched several players surround the ref [b']to try and convince him that a brilliant block from point-blank range was handball.[/b]

If Forest spent a bit more time trying to score goals and a bit less time trying to win free-kicks and get their opponent's in trouble, they might be a bit more successful. They're capable of playing some good football, but that's overshadowed by their pathetic attempts at feigning injury and whinging at anything and everything.

If Forest have any sense they'll get rid of Davies now. I used to have respect for Forest, but now they've just become an embarrassment. Nothing is ever their fault, from the players to the manager they're constantly moaning, they're making petty attempts at drawing fouls. They've lost any credibility they had.

Wow, you've got a real chip on your shoulder about Forest, haven't you? :confused::o

I guess after watching those whole 10 minutes of the game you'd then conveniently tuned out again before the end of the coverage when they ran the replay of the so-called "brilliant block" :rolleyes: With that ignorant comment you've really let yourself down, but i'm sure you'll be big enough to apologize after you see a replay of Ashley "the Cat" Williams parrying the shot away B)

As for supposed whinging (and not, perhaps, frustration at several highly dubious decisions going against them?) let me tell you that to see a Leeds fan attempt to take the moral high ground on the subject of sportsmanship and lecture on acting professionally.......well i really don't need to say anything else do i? :D

You speak of losing respect for Forest; well, I have respect for you for the help to others and sensible comments you've made elsewhere on the forum, but on this thread for whatever reason you seem to go out of your way to bash Forest without just cause and each time you do that i hate to say but i lose a bit of that respect for you :o

I've agreed with you in the past that Davies definitely irks people but your comments tonight about him and the players behaviour are just so bitter it's unreal.

That's not to say we deserved to go through; Swansea were fantastic at the City Ground and were more clinical than us tonight which proved to be the difference (that and a blind linesman! :eek::P - oops, better not blame the linesman that'll be me passing the buck for our own lack of quality...! :rolleyes::))

Earnshaw's was his first touch of the ball' date=' nice run around the defence and a cracking finish to beat the keeper at the near post. Not saying it's the best but also pretty darn good...[/quote']

I thought Aidan was only talking about the Swansea goals........

Wow' date=' you've got a real chip on your shoulder about Forest, haven't you? :confused::o

I guess after watching those whole 10 minutes of the game you'd then conveniently tuned out again before the end of the coverage when they ran the replay of the so-called "brilliant block" :rolleyes: With that ignorant comment you've really let yourself down, but i'm sure you'll be big enough to apologize after you see a replay of Ashley "the Cat" Williams parrying the shot away B)

As for supposed whinging (and not, perhaps, frustration at several highly dubious decisions going against them?) let me tell you that to see a Leeds fan attempt to take the moral high ground on the subject of sportsmanship and lecture on acting professionally.......well i really don't need to say anything else do i? :D

You speak of losing respect for Forest; well, I have respect for you for the help to others and sensible comments you've made elsewhere on the forum, but on this thread for whatever reason you seem to go out of your way to bash Forest without just cause and each time you do that i hate to say but i lose a bit of that respect for you :o

I've agreed with you in the past that Davies definitely irks people but your comments tonight about him and the players behaviour are just so bitter it's unreal.

That's not to say we deserved to go through; Swansea were fantastic at the City Ground and were more clinical than us tonight which proved to be the difference (that and a blind linesman! :eek::P - oops, better not blame the linesman that'll be me passing the buck for our own lack of quality...! :rolleyes::))[/quote']

Grow up.

I've seen the replay. The ball strikes him at full pelt from less than a yard. There's no getting out of the way of that shot. For three or four players to then sprint over to the ref and get in his face is pathetic.

As for your third paragraph, please carry on, as I really have no idea what you're talking about. Why can I not be disgusted at a lack of professionalism or sportsmanship as a Leeds fan? What does that have to do with my opinion? Stop being so narrow-minded.

I couldn't care less about respect over a bloody internet forum thanks.

Davies is just a despicable man. Bitter? How in any way am I bitter? I just despise Forest. Am I not allowed an opinion?

Leicester set to make £1.5m bid for Heskey.

Seriously? Just because he's from Leicester and used to be a fan favourite, we want to sign a 33 year old striker with big wages and doesn't guarantee goals?

Mental :rolleyes: Don't throw money away Sven. Yakubu, yes. Guarantees goals, bagged double figures for us.

Heskey? No thanks.

Seriously? Just because he's from Leicester and used to be a fan favourite' date=' we want to sign a 33 year old striker with big wages and doesn't guarantee goals?

Mental :rolleyes: Don't throw money away Sven. Yakubu, yes. Guarantees goals, bagged double figures for us.

Heskey? No thanks.[/quote']

We've been linked with him too. I honestly hope we don't go anywhere near him. Played at the World Cup or not, I seriously think Becchio's a better player.

Wow' date=' you've got a real chip on your shoulder about Forest, haven't you? :confused::o

That's not to say we deserved to go through; Swansea were fantastic at the City Ground and were more clinical than us tonight which proved to be the difference (that and a blind linesman! :eek::P - oops, better not blame the linesman that'll be me passing the buck for our own lack of quality...! :rolleyes::))[/quote']

That was never a penalty i've got to be frank, he's hit that at so much power from less then a yard. Nothing he could have done about that if there was a magnet between his hand and the ball there.

I have got respect for Forest, but i don't like there manager at all, Lee Camp gets on my nerves a bit and Lewis McGugan's peek a boo act is hard to forgive :P

Seriously? Just because he's from Leicester and used to be a fan favourite' date=' we want to sign a 33 year old striker with big wages and doesn't guarantee goals?

Heskey? No thanks.[/quote']

Well you spent £2m on Waghorn didn't you. So it's not a bad deal if that's the case (in comparison of course). Even though he's clearly not good enough at Premiership level.

Swansea-v-Nottingham-Forest-Brendan-Rodgers-c_2597630.jpg

Has the potential to be Swansea's greatest ever manager, even if we don't go up. Toshack was great and all but made silly mistakes that cost us when we were at the top of English football. He's the number one, Martinez is the number two. But of course Rodgers can't go leaving us after one season and has to remain consistant.

What a charachter, what a genius. Who needs Mourinho? We've got Mourinho. Who needs Mourinho? We've got Mourinho!

Grow up.

I've seen the replay. The ball strikes him at full pelt from less than a yard. There's no getting out of the way of that shot. For three or four players to then sprint over to the ref and get in his face is pathetic.

As for your third paragraph' date=' please carry on, as I really have no idea what you're talking about. Why can I not be disgusted at a lack of professionalism or sportsmanship as a Leeds fan? What does that have to do with my opinion? Stop being so narrow-minded.

I couldn't care less about respect over a bloody internet forum thanks.

Davies is just a despicable man. Bitter? How in any way am I bitter? I just despise Forest. Am I not allowed an opinion?[/quote']

Yep the replay shows the ball being struck at full pelt but Williams hands are raised and off to his left (nearer the goal) - it's not as if he even had his hands head-height to protect his face, they were up and out.

If it were your team in that situation, trailing 2-1 in a play-off with only a few minutes remaining, having just been denied what you feel to be a stonewall penalty (and having been denied a couple of decent penalty shouts throughout the tie) wouldn't you expect them to be frustrated..?

I guess not....because i guess my third paragraph must confuse you because the current Leeds team must all be angels who never complain to any referee about any decision :rolleyes:

But to clarify; the reason that i find it especially rich for a Leeds fan to comment on sporting behaviour and pass comment on what makes a good professional is that in modern times your club is famous for being very good in the 70's but at the same time that team is equally famous for being the dirtiest team out, and whose players were pioneers in the "art" of screaming at the ref to get decisions.

Aside from winning the old Division 1 in the early 90's your team are also famous for being very good in the late 90's/ early 00's, but again to anyone outside of Leeds that team are also remembered for containing thugs like Woodgate and Bowyer.

Like it or not, deserved in 2011 or not, your team are famous (infamous?!) for being ill-disciplined and dirty, and it'll take a couple of decades of your team and players behaving themselves before that tag will go.

Oh and I say bitter because it's the only conclusion that i'm left with - to someone who is relatively new to this thread your comments towards Forest and Billy Davies seem quite disproportionate to the criticism you dole out to anyone else, so either Forest actually do in your opinion cheat more than anyone else you watch, or if not you must have some kind of deep-rooted resentment towards them which makes you unable to view their behaviour in context.

But hey, it's all about opinions - you have every right to your opinion but equally i have every right to disagree with it ;):)

I'm not supporting anyone here, as I don't really have an opinion one way or the other, but I dare say that any team who had been denied a last-minute penalty when they need a goal in the biggest match of their season would go out of their way to appeal to the referee in a, perhaps, disrespectful manner. Be it Forest, Leeds or anyone else in the Football League, the referee would be put under huge pressure by the players in that situation no doubt.

I'm not supporting anyone here' date=' as I don't really have an opinion one way or the other, but I dare say that any team who had been denied a last-minute penalty when they need a goal in the biggest match of their season would go out of their way to appeal to the referee in a, perhaps, disrespectful manner. Be it Forest, Leeds or anyone else in the Football League, the referee would be put under huge pressure by the players in that situation no doubt.[/quote']

I don't have a problem complaining with that. The only thing i've had any sort of a problem with over the 2 legs, is McGugan's little stunt in the first leg and Lee Camp running 40 yards out of his goal to complain about Fabio Borini having to have physio treatment for a head injury. :)

I don't have a problem complaining with that. The only thing i've had any sort of a problem with over the 2 legs' date=' is [b']McGugan's little stunt[/b] in the first leg and Lee Camp running 40 yards out of his goal to complain about Fabio Borini having to have physio treatment for a head injury. :)

That was pretty bad but your guy (Taylor?) was walking anyway.

I don't have a problem complaining with that. The only thing i've had any sort of a problem with over the 2 legs' date=' is McGugan's little stunt in the first leg and Lee Camp running 40 yards out of his goal to complain about Fabio Borini having to have physio treatment for a head injury. :)[/quote']

McGugan was out of order for making a meal of it, although i think the ref was set on showing red regardless of how long it took McGugan to get up.

As for Camp he would have been better served staying in his goal and not bothering running anywhere (least of all up for a corner :o:rolleyes:) but let's be honest there was no "head injury" (although the ref quite rightly had to treat it as such) as Borini simply got caught with a trailing open hand and went down like a sack of spuds - if i was being controversial you might almost say it was comparable to McGugan's antics....:eek:;)

That was pretty bad but your guy (Taylor?) was walking anyway.
McGugan was out of order for making a meal of it' date=' although i think the ref was set on showing red regardless of how long it took McGugan to get up.

As for Camp he would have been better served staying in his goal and not bothering running anywhere (least of all up for a corner :o:rolleyes:) but let's be honest there was no "head injury" (although the ref quite rightly had to treat it as such) as Borini simply got caught with a trailing open hand and went down like a sack of spuds - if i was being controversial you might almost say it was comparable to McGugan's antics....:eek:;)[/quote']

I'm not going to say Taylor's tackle wasn't a red. It was, but who knows. Had he not made such a meal of it, it could have been given otherwise early on in the game.

The referee was right to do it, not sure if there was anything in it, but stay on your line Camp. As you say, had he done that all game you'd have been better off.

But anyway we won over the two legs that's all i really care about, and don't want to reflect on Forest's negatives too much as there was such a tough side to beat over two legs and i have a lot of time and respect for them :)

I'm not going to say Taylor's tackle wasn't a red. It was' date=' but who knows. Had he not made such a meal of it, it could have been given otherwise early on in the game.

The referee was right to do it, not sure if there was anything in it, but stay on your line Camp. As you say, had he done that all game you'd have been better off.

But anyway we won over the two legs that's all i really care about, and don't want to reflect on Forest's negatives too much as there was such a tough side to beat over two legs and i have a lot of time and respect for them :)[/quote']

Yep quite right, it's Swansea's triumph so let's have less about Forest's negatives and more about Swansea's positives (of which there are many) :)

As a Scot the silver lining from the game was seeing Dobbie play so well, if he carries that form into next season he's got to be in with a shout of a Scotland call-up.

If the worst happens and you guys don't make it up, are you going to be able to keep a hold of Dyer, Williams etc for another crack at it next season?

And i guess getting Borini on a season-long deal this time would help a lot too.

Yep quite right' date=' it's Swansea's triumph so let's have less about Forest's negatives and more about Swansea's positives (of which there are many) :)

As a Scot the silver lining from the game was seeing Dobbie play so well, if he carries that form into next season he's got to be in with a shout of a Scotland call-up.

If the worst happens and you guys don't make it up, are you going to be able to keep a hold of Dyer, Williams etc for another crack at it next season?

And i guess getting Borini on a season-long deal this time would help a lot too.[/quote']

If worst comes to worst, we'd only have a chance if we got to the Premiership of getting Borini to be honest. He's out of contract at Chelsea and the top sides in Seria A like Lazio, Parma and Juventus are supposed to be looking to pay £7-10m for him in the summer.

In terms of our current squad De Vries, Rangel and Pratley are the out of contract one's that you wouldn't be expecting to sign a new contract. De Vries looks to be possibly off to Feyenord, Rangel the Premiership and Pratley either lower Premiership or someone like yourselves. Williams will go to Premiership if we don't go up, i think everyone's aware of that. Neil Taylor and Joe Allen both look like they'll be leaving aswell.

But i wouldn't expect Sinclair, Dobbie or Dyer to leave yet. Same for Gower, Britton, Bodde, Monk or Tate. So i think Luke Moore would have to be what we're settling for upfront and us needing to bring in a right-back, left-back, goalkeeper, centre-back and two centre-midfielders.

Let's hope if worst to worst comes though, that a few more of the players will stick around and i think Dobbie has everychance of a call-up to Scotland is Mackail-Smith at League 1 level.

Yep the replay shows the ball being struck at full pelt but Williams hands are raised and off to his left (nearer the goal) - it's not as if he even had his hands head-height to protect his face' date=' they were up and out.

If it were your team in that situation, trailing 2-1 in a play-off with only a few minutes remaining, having just been denied what you feel to be a stonewall penalty (and having been denied a couple of decent penalty shouts throughout the tie) wouldn't you expect them to be frustrated..?

I guess not....because i guess my third paragraph must confuse you because the current Leeds team must all be angels who never complain to any referee about any decision :rolleyes:

But to clarify; the reason that i find it especially rich for a Leeds fan to comment on sporting behaviour and pass comment on what makes a good professional is that in modern times your club is famous for being very good in the 70's but at the same time that team is equally famous for being the dirtiest team out, and whose players were pioneers in the "art" of screaming at the ref to get decisions.

Aside from winning the old Division 1 in the early 90's your team are also famous for being very good in the late 90's/ early 00's, but again to anyone outside of Leeds that team are also remembered for containing thugs like Woodgate and Bowyer.

Like it or not, deserved in 2011 or not, your team are famous (infamous?!) for being ill-disciplined and dirty, and it'll take a couple of decades of your team and players behaving themselves before that tag will go.

Oh and I say bitter because it's the only conclusion that i'm left with - to someone who is relatively new to this thread your comments towards Forest and Billy Davies seem quite disproportionate to the criticism you dole out to anyone else, so either Forest actually do in your opinion cheat more than anyone else you watch, or if not you must have some kind of deep-rooted resentment towards them which makes you unable to view their behaviour in context.

But hey, it's all about opinions - you have every right to your opinion but equally i have every right to disagree with it ;):)[/quote']

Right. Because the Leeds team of the 70's that you've never seen play in your life were perceived to be dirty, no Leeds fan in the future is allowed to be disgusted by lack of professionalism or sportsmanship.

I'm with you.

Brilliant logic.

My dislike comes from the behaviour of Gunter, Davies and McGugan at the City Ground and much more recently of your players, manager and your fans after the game at Elland Road. It wasn't until your late run of form that your fans stopped going on about how we "cheated", how Grayson is a "scum ****" for showing some passion and for trying to defend an inexcusable tackle and act as if the world is against them.

As I say, up until this season I had a degree of respect for Forest, but all that's gone now. Whenever I watch Forest play I see the likes of McGugan and Gunter constantly exaggerating tackles, Davies whinging constantly and the likes of Thomas and Chambers making cynical tackles at every attempt. By far the most cynical team to come to Elland Road, coming clearly with the game plan of trying to wind the likes of Gradel up, and then (Davies, the players, the majority of fans on particular message boards) whinging about it when they got picked up on it.

If we win tonight, I'm just wondering how a Swansea, Cardiff match at Wembley would be policed?

If Cardiff and Swansea were to play at Wembley, I heard that one set of fans would travel by coach, the other by train but I think the main concern for the police would be around London and outside the ground. It sounds almost impossible to police as there is pockets of both sets of fans everywhere, and for the three times I've been to Wembley both sets of fans were mixed.