Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

If we win tonight' date=' I'm just wondering how a Swansea, Cardiff match at Wembley would be policed?

If Cardiff and Swansea were to play at Wembley, I heard that one set of fans would travel by coach, the other by train but I think the main concern for the police would be around London and outside the ground. It sounds almost impossible to police as there is pockets of both sets of fans everywhere, and for the three times I've been to Wembley both sets of fans were mixed.[/quote']

You better make sure you don't win then. ;)

From a neutral perspective, the thought of a Cardiff/Swansea final sounds like a brilliant spectacle as a football match. Both a play-off final and a massive derby match in one. However from a police view it must be a nightmare!

I've not a clue how it would work but I'll leave that to the police to deal with - I just want to see some good football.

When's the final, does anyone know?

If we win tonight' date=' I'm just wondering how a Swansea, Cardiff match at Wembley would be policed?

If Cardiff and Swansea were to play at Wembley, I heard that one set of fans would travel by coach, the other by train but I think the main concern for the police would be around London and outside the ground. It sounds almost impossible to police as there is pockets of both sets of fans everywhere, and for the three times I've been to Wembley both sets of fans were mixed.[/quote']

The Manchester derby FA Cup semi was heavily policed but no real separation of fans (except seats in the ground of course). I'd expect similar...

The Manchester derby FA Cup semi was heavily policed but no real separation of fans (except seats in the ground of course). I'd expect similar...

If Cardiff and Swansea fans mix there would be stabbings and bricks thrown, the violence would be horrendous. It would literally be hell around the ground. Last year, when we played Blackpool in the playoff final, we were clapping off their fans from a high tier by our coaches, shirts were swapped and the fans went to have a pint together. If Cardiff and Swamsea meet in the final, I think you'd honestly be hearing of murders.

Well to be fair, they've given us 39,000 accolation and i'd presume they'd give you the same with 14,000 neutrel.

They would need all the buses in South Wales to take one of us up there, and they'd need 40 odd trains to get you up there so it's just so difficult. It's either that or both go on buses and use different roads.

You better make sure you don't win then. ;)

From a neutral perspective' date=' the thought of a Cardiff/Swansea final sounds like a brilliant spectacle as a football match. Both a play-off final and a massive derby match in one. However from a police view it must be a nightmare!

I've not a clue how it would work but I'll leave that to the police to deal with - I just want to see some good football.

When's the final, does anyone know?[/quote']

30th May, Monday - 2pm coverage start

If Cardiff and Swansea fans mix there would be stabbings and bricks thrown' date=' the violence would be horrendous. It would literally be hell around the ground. Last year, when we played Blackpool in the playoff final, we were clapping off their fans from a high tier by our coaches, shirts were swapped and the fans went to have a pint together. If Cardiff and Swamsea meet in the final, I think you'd honestly be hearing of murders.[/quote']

Man. City, Man. United and Swansea, Cardiff is a lot different in terms of trouble. We don't have any other rivals, it's all out on eachover.

If there wasn't a murder i'd be suprised, if there wasn't a pitch invasion i'd be suprised which would lead to both fans running on the pitch and having a brawl.

Although i'd love a Welsh club in the final with a Cardiff win, the trouble mean that a Wembley game against Cardiff in the play-off final is nothing but fights and trouble. If you don't agree with that you don't understand the South Welsh derby.

There was some contact there' date=' but not a penalty for me. Is it just me or is there alot of empty seats around? :confused:[/quote']

There are empty seats scattered around, yeah.

Very strange.

C'MON BLOOOOOOOBIRDS!!!

Edit: Very good start by Cardiff. Nothing spectacular but we are having most of the ball.

Right. Because the Leeds team of the 70's that you've never seen play in your life were perceived to be dirty' date=' no Leeds fan in the future is allowed to be disgusted by lack of professionalism or sportsmanship.

I'm with you.

Brilliant logic.

My dislike comes from the behaviour of Gunter, Davies and McGugan at the City Ground and much more recently of your players, manager and your fans after the game at Elland Road. It wasn't until your late run of form that your fans stopped going on about how we "cheated", how Grayson is a "scum ****" for showing some passion and for trying to defend an inexcusable tackle and act as if the world is against them.

As I say, up until this season I had a degree of respect for Forest, but all that's gone now. Whenever I watch Forest play I see the likes of McGugan and Gunter constantly exaggerating tackles, Davies whinging constantly and the likes of Thomas and Chambers making cynical tackles at every attempt. By far the most cynical team to come to Elland Road, coming clearly with the game plan of trying to wind the likes of Gradel up, and then (Davies, the players, the majority of fans on particular message boards) whinging about it when they got picked up on it.[/quote']

I hardly think it was necessary to see the 70's team in the flesh to see their "perceived" dirtiness, it's fairly well documented but i can appreciate why you don't want to acknowledge that aspect of their success.

Leeds fans are perfectly entitled to comment on lack of professionalism and/ or sportsmanship - it's just that they sound funny doing so given the behaviour of their players down the years....! :P

I'm not going to defend Gunter for the stamp - he shouldn't have reacted to Watt's initial stamp, plain and simple.

You use passion as an excuse for Grayson when he complains to officials and yet when Forest players or management do likewise you label them as "pathetic" which just makes you sound hypocritical.

As for Cohen's winning of the ball (your lad never had possession for it to be a tackle) it's hardly inexcusable when many neutral voices on this thread also thought Cohen fairly won the ball.

Anyway we could go round in circles and i really don't want to do that and clog the thread up for the Cardiff/ Reading folk, so let's just agree that you are perfectly entitled to "despise" Forest for your reasons and i am perfectly entitled to pity Leeds for mine.

If there's any further chat to be had let's just take it to PM :)

Ah well.

Come on Swansea in the final.

Really? :confused: I'm not sure if you just want a Welsh team in the Premiership but I couldn't cheer on Sunderland if they were in the final when Newcastle had been knocked out. The game isn't over yet either.

Really? :confused: I'm not sure if you just want a Welsh team in the Premiership but I couldn't cheer on Sunderland if they were in the final when Newcastle had been knocked out. The game isn't over yet either.

All explained in the past few pages.

I hate Keinan. He couldn't get into a poor Hull starting 11 yet he's in Cardiff's first team. :confused: His fault for both goals. It shouldn't have got to Bywater for the first and I don't think Mills was getting near the ball to need to pull him down.

Can't complain, we haven't really created that much. Nothing clear cut. Quite predictable going forward.

I'd like an all Welsh final, but as much as i would i want to enjoy my trip to Wembley. I want to not be stuck in a bubble trip to Wembley situation so unfortunatly guys i'm backing Reading :o

Cardiff have deserved much more, but jesus christ Stephen Bywater. I know he's a bad keeper, i'm just wondering how he's a former West Ham premiership number one. He's god awful, what was he doing with Jloyd Samuel and Kevin McNaughton i don't know and it makes Cardiff prone from corners. Clear penalty, really poor from Keinan and Long's just done what he's needed to.

Without Bellamy, it's looking tough for Cardiff right now. If they lose there's got to be some questionning on the job of Dave Jones by the way!

I'd like an all Welsh final' date=' but as much as i would i want to enjoy my trip to Wembley. I want to not be stuck in a bubble trip to Wembley situation so unfortunatly guys i'm backing Reading :o

Cardiff have deserved much more, but jesus christ Stephen Bywater. I know he's a bad keeper, i'm just wondering how he's a former West Ham premiership number one. He's god awful, what was he doing with Jloyd Samuel and Kevin McNaughton i don't know and it makes Cardiff prone from corners. Clear penalty, really poor from Keinan and Long's just done what he's needed to.

Without Bellamy, it's looking tough for Cardiff right now. If they lose there's got to be some questionning on the job of Dave Jones by the way![/quote']

Jones' player choice is the only thing I worry about. Signing Keinan when there were alot better candidates available when we signed him. Taking Keogh on loan early season to give us 6 striking options when the whole footballing world knew we were severely weak at the back.

I really like Dave Jones but after taking us to an FA Cup final and failing in the playoffs time after time, surely he will get fed up?

OMG!!!!!!

Absolutely horrific defending' date=' then even worse goal-keeping!! WHy did he need to come out? 'Frickin fool! :mad::mad:

Going to be hard to break Reading down now. :mad::mad::(:(:([/quote']

I think Bywater had to come out because Long was already getting past McNaughton and would have had a simple one-on-one opportunity, but his clearance and the overall defending was pathetic, I must agree. A quite bizarre goal, all in all.

Anyway, I'm almost not surprised by the result as I said before the play-offs began that Cardiff would bottle it like they always do, and I'm afraid for Cardiff fans that I have been proven right. I don't know what it is but year upon year, Cardiff find some way to screw things over for themselves. Tonight, it must be stressed that Reading have played very well (at least in the bits I've seen - was cooking my dinner during the first-half), Long in particular who looks a fantastic player.

I'm looking forward to the final now as we have two sides who play really good football. You'd have to fancy Swansea as the favourites but you never know in games like this. Will be interesting for sure.