Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

Wasn't too bothered about who we faced in the final but I'm slightly relieved that it's not Cardiff simply because I don't know if I could handle the tension :P The play offs are bad enough, let alone in a final against your rivals.

However, Reading were impressive tonight and it's definitely going to be a tough game come the 30th. Tickets for season ticket holders go on sale tomorrow so hopefully I'll have them by the afternoon :D

Great result :D

Reading don't tend to do well in play-off finals, but that has to change sometime, time to scrub out that 4-2 defeat to Bolton :P

Also Cardiff are potentially in trouble next season they had 5 or 6 players on the pitch that were on loan tonight

Pleased for Reading and would love to see them back in the Premier League again. But both Reading and Swansea would deserve to be there, and i hope they produce a top quality, end-to-end game at Wembley on the 30th. Brian McDermott also deserves a shot i feel. He can get his players to preform against good sides, established Prem sides and it would be great to see his players over a 38 game season.

On a final note, what was that song at the end of the Sky sports coverage?

Great result :D

Reading don't tend to do well in play-off finals' date=' but that has to change sometime, time to scrub out that 4-2 defeat to Bolton :P

Also Cardiff are potentially in trouble next season they had 5 or 6 players on the pitch that were on loan tonight[/quote']

Well there going to have to replace Samuel, Keinan, Oli, Kouma and Bellamy i believe. Aswell as Matthews who's left for Celtic, right thing for him as Jones has a big dislike to him.

Anyway well done Reading and good luck in the final SoP (only Royal on here i believe) but i fancy ourselves in the final myself ;)

Surely now is the time to get rid of Jones? His substitutions are bizarre. He has no plan B. He can't take us forward any further. :o

On the game. Nothing to say really. Quite comfortable first half until Bywater decided to take a wander. Stupid penalty. Game over. :mad: Derby fans, if he was your no. 1 keeper I now know why you had that plummet earlier on in the season.

Suppose it was better to lose tonight than to waste time & money going to Wembley & losing to the Jacks. Come on Reading, do the Bluebirds proud.

Surely now is the time to get rid of Jones? His substitutions are bizarre. He has no plan B. He can't take us forward any further. :o

On the game. Nothing to say really. Quite comfortable first half until Bywater decided to take a wander. Stupid penalty. Game over. :mad: Derby fans' date=' if he was your no. 1 keeper I now know why you had that plummet earlier on in the season.

Suppose it was better to lose tonight than to waste time & money going to Wembley & losing to the Jacks. Come on Reading, do the Bluebirds proud.[/quote']

Parkin for Chopra was a stupid desision. Parkin can't score for toffee and two target men in a 442 formation never works. If anyone was going to score it was going to be Chopra.

Well there going to have to replace Samuel' date=' Keinan, Oli, Kouma and Bellamy i believe. Aswell as Matthews who's left for Celtic, right thing for him as Jones has a big dislike to him.

Anyway well done Reading and good luck in the final SoP (only Royal on here i believe) but i fancy ourselves in the final myself ;)[/quote']

Should be a great game of football, good luck mate but not too much :P

Parkin for Chopra was a stupid desision. Parkin can't score for toffee and two target men in a 442 formation never works. If anyone was going to score it was going to be Chopra.

Couldn't agree more. Even JET going off to a certain extent confused me. With balls into the box you need height so why take him off?

No passion from the man either. Just stands there. Really frustrating from a fans point of view.

I refuse to comment on the game' date=' but two 3-0 home defeats on the bounce is just ludicrous.

Jones out, Martin O'neill in please.[/quote']

On the game. Nothing to say really. Quite comfortable first half until Bywater decided to take a wander. Stupid penalty. Game over. :mad: Derby fans' date=' if he was your no. 1 keeper I now know why you had that plummet earlier on in the season.

Suppose it was better to lose tonight than to waste time & money going to Wembley & losing to the Jacks. Come on Reading, do the Bluebirds proud.[/quote']

Couldn't agree more. Even JET going off to a certain extent confused me. With balls into the box you need height so why take him off?

No passion from the man either. Just stands there. Really frustrating from a fans point of view.

My thoughts on Jones - he clearly has problems at left-back having to play Lee Naylor and Jloyd Samuel and he waits untill the final game of the season to bring on his best full-back in Adam Matthews.

Parkin for Chopra? Why not Parkin for a midfielder or a defender, your not going to recover from a 2 goal lead without chucking on an extra forward and that seemed bizzare.

Koumas for JET? There all straight swaps really aren't they. JET was always a threat in the box and Koumas did nothing.

His team selection (Samuel and Bywater inparticular) is simply bizzare and for me he's had to many occasions on a promotion budget and just a play-off final to cheer about.

Not gonna lie, I've never seen Derby linked with so many players in my life.

The ones that are most appealing:

Jason Shackell - Barnsley: Big, strong centre half. Would be quality alongside Barker. I've always rated him aswell. Would be a very good addition.

Martyn Waghorn - Leicester City: I don't necessarily rate him but he may do a job for us at £1.2m.

Nathan Tyson - Nottingham Forest: He has turbo and thats about it really. He's on a free transfer but I feel that Theo Robinson is a very similar player to Tyson apart from Tyson isn't as rough as Theo.

Adam Rooney - Inverness: He's got a good goalscoring record however is he good enough for the Championship? Lets hope Clough may have found a "Brayford type" player.

James Vaughan - Everton: Apparently we are very close to signing him. Again not sure about this addition. Very injury prone and didn't exactly set the world alight at Palace last season.

John Eustace - Watford: Never rated him. Spent a loan spell at Derby a couple of seasons back and didn't really impress however he may suit playing in Savage's position next season alongside Bailey.

Billy Jones - Preston: Again, supposedly interested but not sure if we'll get him. Everton are supposedly interested?

As for starting XI next year....

4-4-2

Fielding

Brayford Barker Shackell Roberts

Ward Eustace Bailey Tyson

Vaughan Waghorn

4-3-3

Fielding

Pearson Eustace Bailey

Tyson Waghorn Ward

4-2-3-1

Fielding

Eustace Bailey

Tyson Ward Cywka

Waghorn

Looking at those starting XI's, we still need a back up RB, a LB, a decent playmaker (AM) a wide player and another CM.

As for free agents, I stumbled across this list which a few of you may be interested in. It is all the players that are out of contract in the Championship:

Barnsley

Martin Devaney

Andy Gray

Matt Hill

Garry O'Connor

David Preece

Bristol City

Louis Carey

Lee Johnson

Ivan Sproule

Stephen Henderson

John Akinde

Pat Hoban

Jimmy Keohane

Joe Edwards

Danny Ball

Burnley

Wade Elliott

Chris McCann

Steven Thompson

Kevin McDonald

Remco van der Schaaf

Cardiff

Jay Bothroyd

Chris Burke

Adam Matthews

Gavin Rae

Coventry

Nathan Cameron

Lee Carsley

Jordan Clarke

Aron Gunnarsson

Danny Ireland

Marlon King

Michael McIndoe

Stephen O'Halloran

Isaac Osbourne

Kieren Westwood

Connor Grogan

Shaun Jeffers

Michael Quirke

Crystal Palace

Neil Danns

Claude Davis

Steffen Iversen

Derby

Michael Boulding

Saul Deeney

Chris Porter

Doncaster

Steve Brooker

James Chambers

Paul Keegan

Dean Shiels

Dennis Souza

Neill Sullivan

Wayne Thomas

Ryan Burge

Byron Webster

Hull

Nick Barmby

Matt Duke

Craig Fagan

Richard García

Mark Oxley

Nolberto Solano

Kevin Kilbane

Anthony Gardner

Will Atkinson

Ipswich

Troy Brown

Damien Delaney

Tom Eastman

Carlos Edwards

Colin Healy

Conor Hourihane

Luke Hyam

Arran Lee-Barrett

Gareth McAuley

Brian Murphy

David Norris

Alan Quinn

Kevin Lisbie

Pablo Counago

Leeds

Shane Higgs

Bradley Johnson

Neil Kilkenny

Patrick Kisnorbo

Richard Naylor

Zac Thompson

Will Hatfield

Leicester

Ricardo

Aleksandar Tunchev

Darius Vassell

Middlesbrough

Julio Arca

Danny Coyne

Willo Flood

Andrew Taylor

Millwall

Shaun Batt

Danny Schofield

Marc Laird

Andy Frampton

John Sullivan

Norwich

Jens Berthel Askou

Matthew Gill

Josh Dawkin

Sam Habergham

Matthew Ball

Nottingham Forest

Dele Adebola

Julian Bennett

Robert Earnshaw

Guy Moussi

Zannetos Mytides

Nialle Rodney

Portsmouth

Michael Brown

Nadir Ciftci

Darryl Flahavan

Hermann Hreidarsson

Richard Hughes

David Nugent

Danny Webber

Peter Gregory

Tom Kilbey

Preston

Andreas Arestidou

Chris Brown

Darren Carter

Jamie Douglas

Billy Jones

Neal Trotman

QPR

Radek Cerny

Heidar Helguson

Peter Ramage

Martin Rowlands

Danny s**ttu

Georgios Tofas

Gavin Mahon

Reading

Brynjar Gunnarsson

Ivar Ingimarsson

Hal Robson-Kanu

Shorpe United

David Mirfin

Joe Murphy

Eddie Nolan

Sam Slocombe

Josh Wright

Paris Cowan-Hall

Ian Morris

Sheffield United

Ryan France

Rob Kozluk

Swansea

Ferrie Bodde

Thomas Butler

Dorus de Vries

Yves Ma-Kalambay

Darren Pratley

Angel Rangel

Albert Serran

Cederic Van der Gun

Gorka Pintado

Watford

Dale Bennett

Don Cowie

Matt Whichelow

Nathan Ellington

Rob Kiernan

Mat Sadler

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45700

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45965

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45975

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45978

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45982

Whether they're all true, who knows? But this guy is usually very reliable. Hope Bellamy stays, he pretty much dragged us through the last 2 months of the season. If it is all true, things could definitely be looking up.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45700

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45965

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45975

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45978

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45982

Whether they're all true' date=' who knows? But this guy is usually very reliable. Hope Bellamy stays, he pretty much dragged us through the last 2 months of the season. If it is all true, things could definitely be looking up.[/quote']

Well Hughton's will only be true if Bellamy goes, and Bothroyd will leave for sure but it's all down to the chairman who takes over and there ideas on things.

Sam Hammam? The guy who got you into all the money trouble in the first place with his £30m loan, before he ran off. He's nothing short of as idiotic as Paul Risdale, he wanted you to change your shirt colours to Green and add "celts" to your name, as he thought all of Wales would start supporting you lot. Your best off without anyone like him.

Well Hughton's will only be true if Bellamy goes' date=' and Bothroyd will leave for sure but it's all down to the chairman who takes over and there ideas on things.

Sam Hammam? The guy who got you into all the money trouble in the first place with his £30m loan, before he ran off. He's nothing short of as idiotic as Paul Risdale, [b']he wanted you to change your shirt colours to Green and add "celts" to your name, as he thought all of Wales would start supporting you lot[/b]. Your best off without anyone like him.

Lmao!! This cracked me up :D

That's not even the start off it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/1411563.stm

Yes that's right' date=' it is believed that he made at least one player eat Sheep's testicals before joining Cardiff.

He should really be in a mental hospital :o[/quote']

Blimey, i think that's one of the weirdest football related articles i've ever read - the bloke is a total nut-job haha

As for free agents' date=' I stumbled across this list which a few of you may be interested in. It is all the players that are out of contract in the Championship:

[b']Barnsley[/b]

Martin Devaney

Andy Gray

Matt Hill

Garry O'Connor

David Preece

Bristol City

Louis Carey

Lee Johnson

Ivan Sproule

Stephen Henderson

John Akinde

Pat Hoban

Jimmy Keohane

Joe Edwards

Danny Ball

Burnley

Wade Elliott

Chris McCann

Steven Thompson

Kevin McDonald

Remco van der Schaaf

Cardiff

Jay Bothroyd

Chris Burke

Adam Matthews

Gavin Rae

Coventry

Nathan Cameron

Lee Carsley

Jordan Clarke

Aron Gunnarsson

Danny Ireland

Marlon King

Michael McIndoe

Stephen O'Halloran

Isaac Osbourne

Kieren Westwood

Connor Grogan

Shaun Jeffers

Michael Quirke

Crystal Palace

Neil Danns

Claude Davis

Steffen Iversen

Derby

Michael Boulding

Saul Deeney

Chris Porter

Doncaster

Steve Brooker

James Chambers

Paul Keegan

Dean Shiels

Dennis Souza

Neill Sullivan

Wayne Thomas

Ryan Burge

Byron Webster

Hull

Nick Barmby

Matt Duke

Craig Fagan

Richard García

Mark Oxley

Nolberto Solano

Kevin Kilbane

Anthony Gardner

Will Atkinson

Ipswich

Troy Brown

Damien Delaney

Tom Eastman

Carlos Edwards

Colin Healy

Conor Hourihane

Luke Hyam

Arran Lee-Barrett

Gareth McAuley

Brian Murphy

David Norris

Alan Quinn

Kevin Lisbie

Pablo Counago

Leeds

Shane Higgs

Bradley Johnson

Neil Kilkenny

Patrick Kisnorbo

Richard Naylor

Zac Thompson

Will Hatfield

Leicester

Ricardo

Aleksandar Tunchev

Darius Vassell

Middlesbrough

Julio Arca

Danny Coyne

Willo Flood

Andrew Taylor

Millwall

Shaun Batt

Danny Schofield

Marc Laird

Andy Frampton

John Sullivan

Norwich

Jens Berthel Askou

Matthew Gill

Josh Dawkin

Sam Habergham

Matthew Ball

Nottingham Forest

Dele Adebola

Julian Bennett

Robert Earnshaw

Guy Moussi

Zannetos Mytides

Nialle Rodney

Portsmouth

Michael Brown

Nadir Ciftci

Darryl Flahavan

Hermann Hreidarsson

Richard Hughes

David Nugent

Danny Webber

Peter Gregory

Tom Kilbey

Preston

Andreas Arestidou

Chris Brown

Darren Carter

Jamie Douglas

Billy Jones

Neal Trotman

QPR

Radek Cerny

Heidar Helguson

Peter Ramage

Martin Rowlands

Danny s**ttu

Georgios Tofas

Gavin Mahon

Reading

Brynjar Gunnarsson

Ivar Ingimarsson

Hal Robson-Kanu

Shorpe United

David Mirfin

Joe Murphy

Eddie Nolan

Sam Slocombe

Josh Wright

Paris Cowan-Hall

Ian Morris

Sheffield United

Ryan France

Rob Kozluk

Swansea

Ferrie Bodde

Thomas Butler

Dorus de Vries

Yves Ma-Kalambay

Darren Pratley

Angel Rangel

Albert Serran

Cederic Van der Gun

Gorka Pintado

Watford

Dale Bennett

Don Cowie

Matt Whichelow

Nathan Ellington

Rob Kiernan

Mat Sadler

That list is incorrect AND out-of-date. There's one on WACCOE that is updated regularly, and it has about a third of the players. Hatfield, Thompson and Kisnorbo have all had new deals since then too.

We've been linked with a dozen or so freebies ourself. Montgomery, Southern and Westwood have been most heavily linked, as well as Borini, Jones, Pratley, Moussi, Arca, Taylor, Danns... Personally I expect not a single name mentioned will end up at Leeds. We get linked with probably going on 50-100 names every summer window and the players we sign are usually completely out of the blue. I think our transfer strategy revolves around free players who have never been linked with us. Narrows it down somewhat..

That list is incorrect AND out-of-date. There's one on WACCOE that is updated regularly' date=' and it has about a third of the players. Hatfield, Thompson and Kisnorbo have all had new deals since then too.

We've been linked with a dozen or so freebies ourself. Montgomery, Southern and Westwood have been most heavily linked, as well as [b']Borini[/b], Jones, Pratley, Moussi, Arca, Taylor, Danns... Personally I expect not a single name mentioned will end up at Leeds. We get linked with probably going on 50-100 names every summer window and the players we sign are usually completely out of the blue. I think our transfer strategy revolves around free players who have never been linked with us. Narrows it down somewhat..

What are you trying to say here?

Yes his contract is out, but i haven't heard Leeds at all and he's under 23. Probably just some of you lot dreaming. Parma, Lazio, Roma and Juventus look the most likely for a fee of £7-10m. There's a slight possibility he could stay in some form at Swansea as he's enjoyed it so much down here but Didier Drogba will go to Leeds before Borini does. Not having a go at you Seft, it's whoever actually linked Borini with Leeds. ;)

What are you trying to say here?

Yes his contract is out' date=' but i haven't heard Leeds at all and he's under 23. Probably just some of you lot dreaming. Parma, Lazio, Roma and Juventus look the most likely for a fee of £7-10m. There's a slight possibility he could stay in some form at Swansea as he's enjoyed it so much down here but Didier Drogba will go to Leeds before Borini does. Not having a go at you Seft, it's whoever actually linked Borini with Leeds. ;)[/quote']

I think he's trying to say that Leeds have been linked with Borini but he doubts that they'll get him...

I think he's trying to say that Leeds have been linked with Borini but he doubts that they'll get him...

We've also been linked with Heskey, Woodgate, Bowyer, every single other ex-Leeds player from a decade ago, some random non-league players, my next-door neighbour's dog.