Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssISme7RAw0

Not gonna lie' date=' Thats better than Pratley's goal Aidan

And Chris Maguire looks like he's on his way to Derby. I don't know that much about him apart from that goal...[/quote']

Into an open net.

Ok ... i'm just saying what happened, it wasn't even the best goal of the game in my opinion.

Maguire looks like he's a decent talent, but he's playing at League 1 level really with Aberdeen and in the SPL. 7 goals in the SPL at 22 doesn't look like a bad thing.

Ok ... i'm just saying what happened' date=' it wasn't even the best goal of the game in my opinion.

Maguire looks like he's a decent talent, but he's playing at League 1 level really with Aberdeen and in the SPL. 7 goals in the SPL at 22 doesn't look like a bad thing.[/quote']

Well to be fair it was against Forest so I'll give you that one.

It doesn't but I can't see him leading our attack week in week out. We need a striker who can lead the line and score goals. Whether it be Waghorn or someone similar to him who has Championship experience we need someone to stick the ball in the net.

We also need a midfielder who can spread the ball and create things. Losing Bueno and Commons gives us some space in that department now.

Looks like Bywater, Leacock, Martin, Croft, Pringle and Varney are on their way out which should give us more funds.

Maguire will be good for Derby but he's not worth £400,000. Aidan Maguire is much better than League 1, so are Aberdeen :mad:.

Maguire has improved signicantly over the last season, he gives 100% but he won't do that if Derby play like they have this season and he a big target up with him. Maguire if he plays will try all the flash stuff, he's a right cocky git.

Adam Rooney would be a much better signing.

QXbwGjAC6p0&feature=related

Bebo please stay :o

Maguire will be good for Derby but he's not worth £400' date='000. Aidan Maguire is much better than League 1, so are Aberdeen :mad:.

Maguire has improved signicantly over the last season, he gives 100% but he won't do that if Derby play like they have this season and he a big target up with him. Maguire if he plays will try all the flash stuff, he's a right cocky git.

Adam Rooney would be a much better signing.

[YOUTUBE']QXbwGjAC6p0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Bebo please stay :o

I've heard similar reviews. He supposedly has an attitude problem?

We need a cocky arrogant player anyway. We need some confidence and he'll certainly bring it.

I think we may go for Rooney aswell. I've heard that Clough wants to bring in 3 or 4 new strikers on top of Ward and Robinson, so If he does bring in Rooney aswell I'm not complaining as long as he brings in a high profile striker.

Supposedly we're after Bryson aswell from Kilmarnock? Again, I don't know that much about him either...

I've heard similar reviews. He supposedly has an attitude problem?

We need a cocky arrogant player anyway. We need some confidence and he'll certainly bring it.

I think we may go for Rooney aswell. I've heard that Clough wants to bring in 3 or 4 new strikers on top of Ward and Robinson' date=' so If he does bring in Rooney aswell I'm not complaining as long as he brings in a high profile striker.

Supposedly we're after Bryson aswell from Kilmarnock? Again, I don't know that much about him either...[/quote']

Brown changed Maguire, Under Jimmy he was alright but under McGhee he lost it just like everyone did, He was one of those players who thought he was better than he was. Played much better recently scored a double against Hibs last game of the season. He playing well but getting booed (Disgraceful). Lost a bit of confidence. But he should do well. Rooney and Maguire would be a good partnership.

Bryson would be a good player, Like KC but a bit less quality and not as prolific in goal scoring.

£400K Bebo will cost ;). I'm your SPL man :D

Maguire will be good for Derby but he's not worth £400' date='000. Aidan Maguire is much better than League 1, so are Aberdeen :mad:[/quote']

Bar Celtic, Rangers and possibly Hearts & Dundee United, the rest of the SPL are simply League 1 quality. Nobody else in the SPL has the sort of quality that the likes of Peterborough, Southampton, Brighton, Huddersfield, MK Dons and Charlton. Yes, the odd player might make the grade at the Championship but there's no way that Aberdeen are strong enough to compete in this division - your struggling as it is.

Sheffield United and Preston's squads compared to your squad for example, there is just no comparison in terms of the quality in each of the sides and they ended up going down quiet comfortably.

Brown changed Maguire' date=' Under Jimmy he was alright but under McGhee he lost it just like everyone did, He was one of those players who thought he was better than he was. Played much better recently scored a double against Hibs last game of the season. He playing well but getting booed (Disgraceful). Lost a bit of confidence. But he should do well. Rooney and Maguire would be a good partnership.

Bryson would be a good player, Like KC but a bit less quality and not as prolific in goal scoring.

£400K Bebo will cost ;). I'm your SPL man :D[/quote']

May be coming back to you mate it looks like our scouts have infected Scotland!!

Ricardo has been released by Leicester :) Along with 9 reserves.

If we needed a GK before we got rid of Ricardo, we definitely need one now!!

Westwood, anyone? Heard that we could be competing with Everton, would he get first team football at Everton ahead of Howard? I don't think so.

In terms of the tickets sold for Wembley.

Both sides Season ticket holders had from Wednesday to yesterday to get tickets ahead of the rest. Swansea sold 25,000, whilst Reading sold 18,000. Swansea's tickets are now on general sale whilst Reading's is on some sort of club membership card untill Monday. Swansea have now sold 32,000 and cues are just being turned away in there thousands today, so it's phone only at the minute because of all the tickets going on the website.

Anyway got my ticket first day no hastle over the phone, rather then those who cued up for 7 hours or even expected to be 10 hours today on general sale. £32 for U16's aint bad for a good seat :)

So nervous already though, but it's going to be mental and we should be the better in voice :)

Reading have sold 31k, Aidan.

Reading FC - Official

Very pleased to say THANK YOU to all THIRTY ONE THOUSAND Reading fans who have already bought for the play-off final!!!! What an incredible effort!!! What a day it's going to be at Wembley!!! URZ!!!!

4 minutes ago via iPhone · 733 · Like · Comment

Reading have sold 31k' date=' Aidan.

Reading FC - Official

Very pleased to say THANK YOU to all THIRTY ONE THOUSAND Reading fans who have already bought for the play-off final!!!! What an incredible effort!!! What a day it's going to be at Wembley!!! URZ!!!!

4 minutes ago via iPhone · 733 · Like · Comment[/quote']

Well that was after the last official figures were announced, but i know that Swansea will have more or less sold out at this stage.

Doesn't really matter to be fair as we're all going to sell out anyway, there's over a week untill the game. But i'm pretty sure who's going to outsing who from 3 trips to the Madejski Stadium and many home games against Reading :P

Look what happened to Plymouth when they did that.. :P

Yeah but Plymouth are tiny ;)

In terms of the tickets sold for Wembley.

Both sides Season ticket holders had from Wednesday to yesterday to get tickets ahead of the rest. Swansea sold 25' date='000, whilst Reading sold 18,000. Swansea's tickets are now on general sale whilst Reading's is on some sort of club membership card untill Monday. Swansea have now sold 32,000 and cues are just being turned away in there thousands today, so it's phone only at the minute because of all the tickets going on the website.

Anyway got my ticket first day no hastle over the phone, rather then those who cued up for 7 hours or even expected to be 10 hours today on general sale. £32 for U16's aint bad for a good seat :)

So nervous already though, but it's going to be mental and we should be the better in voice :)[/quote']

Mate you'll love it. Still from this very day The play off final in 2007 when we beat West Brom 1-0 it was the best day of my life. Enjoyed every moment and even if we did lose I still would of enjoyed the experience. It was just a bonus that we won.

So thats my advice. Even if Swansea do lose, enjoy the experience. Its truely amazing.

£32 for a play-off final ticket? Must be pretty far back' date=' Shack paid £82 for his seats last season, and they were only average seats :P[/font']

Didnt say avarage :P middle tear front row right on the balcony edge.. pretty decent seats! dont you listen when i tell you things :D

Didnt say avarage :P middle tear front row right on the balcony edge.. pretty good seats! dont you listen when i tell you things :D

You were supposed to say they were average to rub in just how bad his seats were' date=' but don't tell SJ.[/font']

You were supposed to say they were average to rub in just how bad his seats were' date=' but don't tell SJ.[/font']

I see :P

For £32 i would be shocked if he was anywhere else apart from the back tier though to be honest. Up in the gods as my old man says :D

It's £32 for U16's, £64 for over 16's.

The prices for adults are £98 (hospitality), £76, £64, £52 and £32. I'm in the front of the back tier with something along the lines of this view (http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/ViewFromYourSeat#seat:502|event:sports)

So know, i'm not in the cheap seats and any view at Wembley is a good one. It's a myth that you can't see at the back of the stand as you clearly can, it's not like St. James's Park or anything like that.

So be shocked Shack ;)