Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

It's £32 for U16's' date=' £64 for over 16's.

The prices for adults are £98 (hospitality), £76, £64, £52 and £32. I'm in the front of the back tier with something along the lines of this view ([url']http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/ViewFromYourSeat#seat:502|event:sports[/url])

So know, i'm not in the cheap seats and any view at Wembley is a good one. It's a myth that you can't see at the back of the stand as you clearly can, it's not like St. James's Park or anything like that.

So be shocked Shack ;)

Ahh forgot you were under 16 hense the dream of a ticket price :P

But ayee was only joking mate, as you said any seat at wembley is a good seat tbh, most of the newer built stadiums these days have cracking views from any possible seat. When me and the old man went last year we pushed the boat out and went for the best seats we could afford mind

http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/ViewFromYourSeat.aspx#seat:235|event:sports these badboys roughly :D

Ahh forgot you were under 16 hense the dream of a ticket price :P

But ayee was only joking mate' date=' as you said any seat at wembley is a good seat tbh, most of the newer built stadiums these days have cracking views from any possible seat. When me and the old man went last year we pushed the boat out and went for the best seats we could afford mind

[url']http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/ViewFromYourSeat.aspx#seat:235|event:sports[/url] these badboys roughly :D

Those views you have/had are decent.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/ViewFromYourSeat.aspx#seat:541|event:sports

Mine however... Wasn't the best but I loved it!

I also got a good view of the goal seeing as it was at our end aswell :D

2,500 tickets left. All of which would have been long gone had they not cut the cues off mid-day, phone tickets all gone aswell as the online ones and basically if you weren't camping at the ground at 6PM today i don't think you'll be getting a ticket.

Not that i didn't get mine on Wednesday when they came out and all ;)

sup guys, pc went down so not commented for a while. I know I know, I wont leave you like that again.

Does anybody know anything of chris maguire? Supposedly on his way to Derby for 400k compensation.

Nige put a 1.1 million pound bid in for Waghorn. He would be a good player for us but its going to take Sven signing a few strikers before we get our man.

Also looking at Craig Bryson, apparently he is a class act so no doubt we'll offer half of what he is worth.

sup guys' date=' pc went down so not commented for a while. I know I know, I wont leave you like that again.

Does anybody know anything of chris maguire? Supposedly on his way to Derby for 400k compensation.

Nige put a 1.1 million pound bid in for Waghorn. He would be a good player for us but its going to take Sven signing a few strikers before we get our man.

Also looking at Craig Bryson, apparently he is a class act so no doubt we'll offer half of what he is worth.[/quote']

We missed you Mousey! :P

I wouldn't want to sell Waggy for £1.1m. It would mean a loss of £900k in 12 months and that's shocking :o He's still only 21 and has got a lot to offer the club, he just needs a decent run in the side like he did when he was on loan. The guy's got talent, very one-footed but puts in huge amounts of effort. He just needs to work on his first touch, right foot and composure and he'll turn into a very good player. Not sure if we can offer him that run though. Think maybe Derby would be a better place for him...

Were we to sell him, like you said you'd have to wait a while. We have Vassell, Howard and Waghorn which is nowhere near good enough. Need to bring in Yakubu :)

Maguire will be good for Derby but he's not worth £400' date='000. Aidan Maguire is much better than League 1, so are Aberdeen :mad:.

Maguire has improved signicantly over the last season, he gives 100% but he won't do that if Derby play like they have this season and he a big target up with him. Maguire if he plays will try all the flash stuff, he's a right cocky git.

Adam Rooney would be a much better signing.

[YOUTUBE']QXbwGjAC6p0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Bebo please stay :o

I've heard similar reviews. He supposedly has an attitude problem?

We need a cocky arrogant player anyway. We need some confidence and he'll certainly bring it.

I think we may go for Rooney aswell. I've heard that Clough wants to bring in 3 or 4 new strikers on top of Ward and Robinson' date=' so If he does bring in Rooney aswell I'm not complaining as long as he brings in a high profile striker.

Supposedly we're after Bryson aswell from Kilmarnock? Again, I don't know that much about him either...[/quote']

Brown changed Maguire' date=' Under Jimmy he was alright but under McGhee he lost it just like everyone did, He was one of those players who thought he was better than he was. Played much better recently scored a double against Hibs last game of the season. He playing well but getting booed (Disgraceful). Lost a bit of confidence. But he should do well. Rooney and Maguire would be a good partnership.

Bryson would be a good player, Like KC but a bit less quality and not as prolific in goal scoring.

£400K Bebo will cost ;). I'm your SPL man :D[/quote']

sup guys' date=' pc went down so not commented for a while. I know I know, I wont leave you like that again.

Also looking at Craig Bryson, apparently he is a class act so no doubt we'll offer half of what he is worth.[/quote']

Read the Above On Maguire etc ;). I'm an Aberdeen fan :)

Do you want Kamara back Jon? I was under the impression you were enjoying him at the walkers.

Thanks for that Biffy, in your opinion who would be the better buy, Maguire or Bryson?

................................Fielding

Brayford.............Barker...........Shackell...........???

.......................Eustace..........Bryson

Cywka.........................Maguire.................Ward

...............................Waghorn

That is the lineup alot of the rams fans are talking about for next season. Lacks power imo.

Do you want Kamara back Jon? I was under the impression you were enjoying him at the walkers.

He had an amazing game against Burnley (which I missed) but was average for the rest of the time, so he wouldn't be high up on my list :)

‎'The reason I chose Birmingham City is because I believe they are a bigger club and I want to play Premier League football' - Curtis Davies, January 2011.

He turned us down and went to Brum instead. Brummer :D

Thanks for that Biffy' date=' in your opinion who would be the better buy, Maguire or Bryson?

................................Fielding

Brayford.............Barker...........Shackell...........???

.......................Eustace..........Bryson

Cywka.........................Maguire.................Ward

...............................Waghorn

That is the lineup alot of the rams fans are talking about for next season. Lacks power imo.[/quote']

I think we'll be playing 4-3-3 next season.

Fielding

Brayford - Barker - Shackell - Roberts

Eustace - Bailey

Bryson

Tyson - Waghorn/Maguire/Rooney - Ward

Fielding

Eustace - Bailey

Bryson

Can't see you getting Eustace or Waghorn. You'll have competition for Tyson' date=' he'd do very well at a smaller Championship club because of his pace.

I'm sure there'll big bigger clubs after Waghorn, but i can see you going for the cheaper option in someone like Maguire.

As for Eustace, i can't see him leaving watford for Derby. Watford were far better than Derby last seaosn and Eustace was key. If he does leave Watford - which i don't think will be the case - he'll leave for a team that's impressed this season.

Bothroyd & Burke WILL leave Cardiff

Well there both good players, and it's going to be hard for Cardiff to replace them without getting cash for either. I dislike Bothroyd and his diving antics, but he is a goalthreat and i assume a lot of clubs will be interested in him. Burke will probably stay in the Championship or maybe Rangers, possibly lower Premiership aswell but they'll be dissapointed to lose him on a free.

West Brom sign Ipswich's McAuley

It's on a free transfer, so there's not much West Brom can lose here. But he's 31 as it is, and although i do rate him and thing he's a good player i can't see him doing much at West Brom to be honest bar the odd game as cover. Far bigger loss to Ipswich then a gain to West Brom.

Don't worry' date=' you'll loan in about 6 or 7 players (*Seemingly awful loans are good enough for you) to field a team :)

*[img']http://images.clicklancashire.com/admin/article/articleimages/1269719107-JlloydSamuel.jpg[/img]Stephen_Bywater_622298.jpg

Suppose we'll have to just to make the numbers up!

Jones is on his way out, either by resigning (unlikely :rolleyes:) or by being given the boot. Alan Curbishley is supposedly heavily linked with the Cardiff job along with O'Neill & Hughton.

Would love to sign Burke, would be the ideal replacement for Snoddy or Gradel if either leave. Probably won't happen though.

As for McAuley, he's a fantastic defender, easily one of the best in this division. I reckon he'll be a regular for West Brom. Everything you want in a centre-back and great on the left as well. Would've loved him at Leeds, but obviously he's off to the Premiership.

Suppose we'll have to just to make the numbers up!

Jones is on his way out' date=' either by resigning (unlikely :rolleyes:) or by being given the boot. Alan Curbishley is supposedly heavily linked with the Cardiff job along with O'Neill & Hughton.[/quote']

I'd have thought Hughton wouldn't take over Cardiff, more likely West Ham or a Premiership club. Wouldn't be suprised if it was Curbs, but who knows - he could stay :P

Anyway including loans you've lost Burke, Matthews, Ray, Bothroyd, Bywater, Samuel, Koumas, Bellamy, Olofinjani and Emmanuel-Thomas ALREADY.

So you've got a squad of 15 (not including any youths) - Marshall, Heaton, Naylor, Gerrard, Hudson, Keinan, Quinn, McNaughton, Gyepes, Blake, Whittingham, Taiwo, McPhail, Chopra, Parkin..

Earnshaw is out of contract, as is Tyson, Nugent, Helguson, Cerny, Pratley and Westwood to name a few. So lots of quality players are available for free meaning that the smaller squads will be able to rebuild.

Earnshaw is out of contract' date=' as is Tyson, Nugent, Helguson, Cerny, Pratley and Westwood to name a few. So lots of quality players are available for free meaning that the smaller squads will be able to rebuild.[/quote']

Like ourselves. :rolleyes::o

Fielding

Eustace - Bailey

Bryson

Your team will more likely be IMO. Bryson and Maguire can play on the wing ;). Bryson plays best on the wing' date=' Maguire is best up front up with a lanky striker.

[center']Fielding

Brayford Barker Shackell - Roberts

Bryson Eustace Bailey Waghorn

Tyson/Rooney Maguire[/center]

Your team will more likely be IMO. Bryson and Maguire can play on the wing ;). Bryson plays best on the wing' date=' Maguire is best up front up with a lanky striker.

[center']Fielding

Brayford Barker Shackell - Roberts

Bryson Eustace Bailey Waghorn

Tyson/Rooney Maguire[/center]

No no noooooooo, you do not put Waghorn at LM :P

Stick him up top, useless everywhere else :o

Like ourselves. :rolleyes::o

I think the squad of fifteen that we have is a good base, however we'd need to improve it. I think the starting XI will be as follows for next season:

GK: Heaton/New Signing

LB: Quinn

CB: Gerrard

CB: Hudson

LB: McNaughton

RM: New Signing

CM: McPhail

CM: Wildig/New Signing

LM: Whittingham

ST: Chopra

ST: New Signing

Manager: New Signing... :P

I think the squad of fifteen that we have is a good base' date=' however we'd need to improve it. I think the starting XI will be as follows for next season:

GK: Heaton/New Signing

LB: Quinn

CB: Gerrard

CB: Hudson

LB: McNaughton

RM: New Signing

CM: McPhail

CM: Wildig/New Signing

LM: Whittingham

ST: Chopra

ST: New Signing

Manager: New Signing... :P[/quote']

Gk: Westwood. (Can always hope. :P)

Rb. Blake.

Cb. Hudson.

Cb. Gerrard.

Lb. McNaughton.

Rm. Snodgrass. (Would love him here)

Cm. McPhail.

Cm. Whitts.

Lm. Bellamy. (Likely he'll stay)

St. Chopra.

St. Earnie. (Legend)

If that's our first XI, I'd be rather happy. :D

Christ, didn't realise how small Cardiff's is.

From memory, we have:

Schmeichel, Parker, White, Taylor, Connolly, O'Brien, Bromby, Bruce, Lees, Kisnorbo, Howson, Clayton, Nunez, Snodgrass, Gradel, Sam, Grella, Somma, McCormack, Becchio, Paynter.

That's including the 17yo Taylor who has just been offered a 3year deal a year early, not including the few better youngsters who have got the standard 2 year deal upon finishing their scholarships, as they'll probably get nowhere near the first-team.

That's 21 players then. Johnson and Kilkenny are still in negotiations but I'm going to assume they both leave. So we need another GK, another right-back, probably a better left-back, probably a better centre-back, and a couple of central midfielders.

David Norris would do very nicely, really hopes he joins. Would prefer Johnson and Kilkenny to stay mind, but whatever.

Our first 11 now, not including loans :o Wow this is going to be bad!

Weale

Neilson - Hobbs - Bamba - Berner

Wellens - Abe

Vassell - King - Gallagher

Waghorn

Strong midfield and attack, lacking any kind of back-up there though apart from Dyer and Howard.

The defence is truly awful. We would get torn to pieces :o Need to spend loads of money there! Oh look, we can! :D