Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

No no noooooooo' date=' you do not put Waghorn at LM :P

Stick him up top, useless everywhere else :o[/quote']

He's only gone and done a Sousa :P

Earnshaw is out of contract' date=' as is Tyson, Nugent, Helguson, Cerny, Pratley and Westwood to name a few. So lots of quality players are available for free meaning that the smaller squads will be able to rebuild.[/quote']

Yes, but when you've lost four players for sure out of contract your not exactly going to beable to improve on your squad size. You might just manage to keep around the same number you've had this season.

I'd say:

GK: New Signing

RB: New Signing

CB: Keinan/Hudson

CB: New Signing

LB: McNaughton

CM: McPhail

CM: New Signing

RM: New Signing

LM: Whittingham

RS: Chopra/Parkin

LS: New Signing

Got a job on your hands, but i'm sure you'll bring in a few loan signings and some free transfers to help replace the one's you've lost but it's going to be very hard to improve after losing the likes of Bothroyd, Burke and Matthews along with the loans.

I'd rather speak about our squad in the situation that we go up:

GK: De Vries

CB: Monk

CB: Williams

RB: Rangel

LB: Taylor

CM: Bodde

CM: Vaughan

AM: Dobbie

RW: Dyer

LW: Sinclair

CF: Borini

To be honest, if you'd replace Vaughan and Borini with Moore and Allen then i'd be very excited about that team :P There's been rumors of us signing Bothroyd recentley mind :eek::(:(:(

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

He's only gone and done a Sousa :P

Yes' date=' but when you've lost four players for sure out of contract your not exactly going to beable to improve on your squad size. You might just manage to keep around the same number you've had this season.

[b']I'd say:[/b]

GK: New Signing

RB: New Signing

CB: Keinan/Hudson

CB: New Signing

CM: New Signing

RS: Chopra/Parkin

LS: New Signing

Got a job on your hands, but i'm sure you'll bring in a few loan signings and some free transfers to help replace the one's you've lost but it's going to be very hard to improve after losing the likes of Bothroyd, Burke and Matthews along with the loans.

I'd rather speak about our squad in the situation that we go up:

GK: De Vries

CB: Monk

CB: Williams

RB: Rangel

LB: Taylor

CM: Bodde

CM: Vaughan

AM: Dobbie

RW: Dyer

LW: Sinclair

CF: Borini

To be honest, if you'd replace Vaughan and Borini with Moore and Allen then i'd be very excited about that team :PThere's been rumors of us signing Bothroyd recentley mind :eek::(:(:(

Don't be so silly. :rolleyes::P My money's on him going to Everton or Fulham.

I think the squad of fifteen that we have is a good base' date=' however we'd need to improve it. I think the starting XI will be as follows for next season:

GK: Heaton/New Signing

LB: Quinn

CB: Gerrard

CB: Hudson

CM: Wildig/New Signing

ST: Chopra

ST: New Signing

Manager: New Signing... :P[/quote']

Think you might struggle without a right-back. ;)

Not a hope in hell of Snodgrass going to Cardiff! Bates won't let him go for less than £3m-£4m (for the record I'm not saying he's worth that, but it's not like we need the cash, so he wouldn't leave for cheap), and even then, he'd only leave for the Premiership.

Everton have also been linked with Bothroyd, which sounds very plausible IMO. Beckford last year, Bothroyd this, could make for an interesting strike partnership.

Brysons best on the wing? We were under the impression that he was a playmaker from the middle of the park. Ive never seen him play mind. :rolleyes:

Tyson is pretty much a done deal to Derby County if you listen to those fans with their HP brown sources.

He will be a decent signing and a good option to throw on at the end of the game.

Is Maguire better on the wing too?

We had a bid lodged in for Eustace but he wasnt keen on coming to Derby largely due to the fans not taking to him when he was on loan here.

700,000 bid for Jason Shackel.

A central defensive partnership of a fully fit Shaun Barker and Jason Shackel with hopefully a good defensive midfielder sat infront of them would be very solid.

Pace would be the only problem but we got promoted on the back of a Darren Moore/ Dean Leacock partnership so anything is possible. :D

Brysons best on the wing? We were under the impression that he was a playmaker from the middle of the park. Ive never seen him play mind. :rolleyes:

Tyson is pretty much a done deal to Derby County if you listen to those fans with their HP brown sources.

He will be a decent signing and a good option to throw on at the end of the game.

Is Maguire better on the wing too?

We had a bid lodged in for Eustace but he wasnt keen on coming to Derby largely due to the fans not taking to him when he was on loan here.

700' date='000 bid for Jason Shackel.

A central defensive partnership of a fully fit Shaun Barker and Jason Shackel with hopefully a good defensive midfielder sat infront of them would be very solid.

Pace would be the only problem but we got promoted on the back of a Darren Moore/ Dean Leacock partnership so anything is possible. :D[/quote']

Bryson play most of the time on the wing, Although he's creative enough to play CAM although I don't recall him playing there.

Maguire plays as Second Striker with a big tall player along side him ;)

Can't see you getting Eustace or Waghorn. You'll have competition for Tyson' date=' he'd do very well at a smaller Championship club because of his pace.

I'm sure there'll big bigger clubs after Waghorn, but i can see you going for the cheaper option in someone like Maguire.

As for Eustace, i can't see him leaving watford for Derby. Watford were far better than Derby last seaosn and Eustace was key. If he does leave Watford - which i don't think will be the case - he'll leave for a team that's impressed this season.[/quote']

Don't agree at all with ANY of that.

We're the only team to actually put a bid in for Waghorn so far, and it's currently on hold because Sven wants to buy before he can offload. And why wouldn't be want to come here? He's not getting regular football at Leicester and he's all but guarenteed to get a game here.

And we always talk about not dwelling on the past? Well its next season now so anything could happen. If we offer Eustace a decent deal he will come. Our facilities are 1000x better than Watfords are and I'm sure he'd rather play in front of a packed out Pride Park than an empty Vicarage Road.

Also from my source within the club Tyson has all but signed a 3 year deal but won't be announced until June/July.

Its the same with Shackell aswell. I'm very excited about seeing him come. Very good player who is very underrated.

Trust me, I think we may cause a few upsets next season.

News today seems to suggest that Palace have completed the formalities to sign Glenn Murray, and will be officially announced next week. If the rumours are true that he didn't want what we could afford, then I feel sorry for Palace in the amount that they are paying him, he's a great League One striker yeah, but can he succeed in the Championship? Remains to be seen. Oh well onwards and upwards with Will Hoskins as Murray's replacement, we'll need more players but still hopefully got a good season ahead of us. :)

News today seems to suggest that Palace have completed the formalities to sign Glenn Murray' date=' and will be officially announced next week. If the rumours are true that he didn't want what we could afford, then I feel sorry for Palace in the amount that they are paying him, he's a great League One striker yeah, but can he succeed in the Championship? Remains to be seen. Oh well onwards and upwards with Will Hoskins as Murray's replacement, we'll need more players but still hopefully got a good season ahead of us. :)[/quote']

Welcome to the Champ thread :)

You will find a mixture of biased (mentioning no names) reasonable and ridiculous comments and a fair load of banter ;)

Enjoy :D

You will find a mixture of biased (mentioning no names) reasonable and ridiculous comments and a fair load of banter ;)

Enjoy :D

I join jon in welcoming you to the championship thread.

Many of us have been festering on this thread for years whilst those pesky Norwich fans have scampered after only a year on here.

enjoy.

ALF wants to leave Rotherham, if the price was right id take a gamble on him. But id not pay above 500k

I join jon in welcoming you to the championship thread.

Many of us have been festering on this thread for years whilst those pesky Norwich fans have scampered after only a year on here.

enjoy.

ALF wants to leave Rotherham' date=' if the price was right id take a gamble on him. But id not pay above 500k[/quote']

What Norwich fans.

Guest Scout Maker

Let's hope he enjoys his one season. ;)

We've got Glenn Murray, we've got Glenn Murray, we've got Glenn Murray, we've got Glenn Murray. ;)

To be honest' date=' if you'd replace Vaughan and Borini with Moore and Allen then i'd be very excited about that team :P There's been rumors of us signing Bothroyd recentley mind :eek::(:(:([/quote']

What :confused: :confused:

Please don't tell me you think Moore aka "The Statue" is better than Borini?

What :confused: :confused:

Please don't tell me you think Moore aka "The Statue" is better than Borini?

I'm trying to say although i'd rather have them, i'm more then delighted with what we've got. Moore is a good player, but everbody's going to look like Robbie Savage in comparison to Fabio Borini :P

I'm trying to say although i'd rather have them' date=' i'm more then delighted with what we've got. Moore is a good player, but everbody's going to look like Robbie Savage in comparison to Fabio Borini :P[/quote']

16-foonew-ashdown_226884t.jpg

20100523191709!Prince_Charming.jpg

Aiden, You know you'd like to have his chizzled good looks.:P

I'm trying to say although i'd rather have them' date=' i'm more then delighted with what we've got. Moore is a good player, but everbody's going to look like Robbie Savage in comparison to Fabio Borini :P[/quote']

Oh i get you i misunderstood :P

Yeah i really hope Borini extends his loan into next season(?)

You going to Wembley Swan?

I did notice actually' date=' and then I remembered why you hadnt posted on this thread in a while lol. Whats it like over there?

I fancy Preston to come back up next season fella if you keep your match winners.

haha, you gotta love that game.[/quote']

Haha, just the same as it is here really, but Sop pops up less :P

And that annoying Walshe guy never talks on there either :D

Anyway, yeah the look a like game. What a game it was, Quagmire and Albert Riera, my personal favourite :P