Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

woz, what position would you like to see Cywka deployed in next season? Thats if he is still here.

I hope to see him in a more central role next season and given a little more responsibility to carry the team.

I would personally like to see him just behind our main striker in a free role. He has quick feet and bucket loads of skill.

The problem however is i think we will be going for 4-3-3 next season.

The forward line if we have our way will most likely be Maguire, Waghorn and Ward.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread will contain extensive coverage of the upcoming Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 season. Team-by-team analysis, fixtures and results, squad statistics and the hottest talent rising out of th

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season Robbie Savage: The Tribute On the 7th of May 2011, Robbie Savage will run out onto the Madejski Stadium in what will be his last game of his caree

woz' date=' what position would you like to see Cywka deployed in next season? Thats if he is still here.

I hope to see him in a more central role next season and given a little more responsibility to carry the team.

I would personally like to see him just behind our main striker in a free role. He has quick feet and bucket loads of skill.

The problem however is i think we will be going for 4-3-3 next season.

The forward line if we have our way will most likely be Maguire, Waghorn and Ward.[/quote']

I agree. Cywka has always been a player to play behind a striker. He is NOT a winger/wide attacking player. He plays in the whole between midfield and defence. He's such a good player its such a shame Clough doesn't agree.

whats the point in getting another player in who is going to do Kilkennys job if you already have Kilkenny?

Bowyer' date=' Zenden and Andy Reid are good players but are close to being washed up, losing the hunger for the game etc.[/quote']

The reason that I stated? He isn't that good. And I can't see how you know they're losing their hunger. Do you know them personally?

The reason that I stated? He isn't that good. And I can't see how you know they're losing their hunger. Do you know them personally?

Well look at sefts stats, is that a coincidence?

Why would you want to replace a young hungry player who just wants what he is worth with a player you'll have for a couple of seasons with no scope for improvement.

Give me Kilkenny over those guys anyday.

We're being strongly linked with Neil Danns on a free transfer' date=' what are people's opinion on him? (I'll also send a message to Scout Maker :P)[/quote']

I think he is a good little player. Would have thought you'd be bringing in even better quality than him though? Does he fit into your midfield?

Right, I'm very much in Wembley territory, which may bring back memories to other fans of the Championship who've got to the play-off final previously

Reading fans won,t be staying in london tonight at all so north london is in the colours of Barca and Swansea tonight.

So nervous

"You keep going on about wanting to keep him dispite that fact that losing Johnson is 10x worse and he isn't very good. PL teams are looking at him' date=' doubt any are looking at Kilkenny."

Lol. Er, no I don't. I've mentioned Kilkenny about twice, both in relation to the club letting him walk on a free. Am I not allowed to comment on one player more than once without it becoming an "obsession"?

"Another player could do that"

Any yet no-one else has. Funny that supposedly better players like Livermore, Bannan and Howson have all failed at doing such a simple task, eh.

"Not it isn't"

Er, what?

"I'm not going to list a thousand players but Andy Reid, Bowyer, Zenden spring to mind, all available for free. Grayson has said that we relied too much on loanees last season but that doesn't mean Leeds couldn't couldn't get more in. And Bannan was never given a proper chance"

None of those players play the role that Kilkenny does. All of those would be out of wage range, at a pretty confident guess. And as Mousey says - why get rid of one player on modest wages for an over-the-hill player probably on at least double the wages and not actually any better?

Although I would love Bowyer back, he plays a completely different role to Kilkenny and would not be a direct replacement.

I'm sorry, but you're talking out of your árse.

Well look at sefts stats, is that a coincidence?

Why would you want to replace a young hungry player who just wants what he is worth with a player you'll have for a couple of seasons with no scope for improvement.

Give me Kilkenny over those guys anyday.

Yep, this. Unfortunately some people are so stubborn that once they decide a player isn't good enough, they can only see the negatives and somehow ignore every positive.

There's no denying that Kilkenny is a very limited footballer - he doesn't like to tackle, he's not strong, he's not athletic. But he is a very, very good passer. However, it's not that that makes him so vital, it's his ability to always be available for a pass, and then to be able to make that next pass. No other player in our squad can do that. It sounds like a simple ability but if it was, everyone would be Barcelona. Barcelona show just how good one team can be with a bunch of players that can do that. I'm not comparing Kilkenny with Xavi or Iniesta in quality (duh), but it's that ability to always be in space that makes Barcelona such a brilliant team when in possession.

You can't score if you don't have possession. The Champions League final is proof of that. And as long as you have possession, you're opponent can't score. Having a player who is capable of keeping possession and get the ball to your best technical players is seemingly very under-rated. We had one. But because of his lack of physical ability we've let him go free. And lets face it, if he was good physically, he wouldn't be at Leeds United, he'd be in the Premiership.

Some Leeds fans don't seem to realise we're no longer the club we once were. The wages we pay are very modest compared to other teams in this division. Good quality players at this level are hard to come by, especially when you have a chairman who is unwilling to spend (to say the least).

how can you not like the kooch? lol

He gives everything every week and knows where the goal is when put directly infront of it. :D

Waghorn as our central striker with the Kooch being his back up will do nicely. :D.

behind those two is where we come into our own. Cywka, Maguire (hopefully), Ward will all prosper from having the big man playing infront of them.

I have had a conversation with you on this thread, I remember you.. :(

On Neil, as a Leeds fan who sits in the East Stand its hard to like him, they all slate him where I sit but I quite klike him, his long balls are class, him and Bradley 'Iniesta' Johnson are great but I'm said to see them leave. I'm surprised you don't remember me from last year, have a look at my previous posts on my CP and see if you remember me.

I think he is a good little player. Would have thought you'd be bringing in even better quality than him though? Does he fit into your midfield?

Centre midfield is the only place on the park where we're sorted for next year (Wellens, Abe, King) but we only have Oakley as a back-up to CM and he's now 33 so another CM is required really.

I'd prefer us to sign a big, strong tackling CM, but for a free transfer you can't really go wrong :)

Come on Reading beat Swansea today! :o:)

What he said ^^

Know a few people saying 'oh itl be good for welsh football if swansea get promoted' but nahh i dont care about that to be honest!

Im not watching the game myself mind, dont think ive got it in me to.. ahh well fingers crossed you jack ******** fail miserabley :P

Dave Jones sacked' date=' how has it taken so long?[/quote']

About time.. i stand by what i said after last season playoff fiasco that he should of been given the shove then. The guy has no tactical nouse at all in todays modern game.

Suppose its a good sign and shows the board are going in a positive direction..

With that being said i think Jonesy has done a fantastic job helping to stabalize the club in his time and has given me some great moments that will live with me forever, and some obvious dissapointments.

Bye bye Jonesy, if only you had a plan B this may not of happened :rolleyes:

Martin O'Neill anybody? Ahh i can dream :P

About time.. i stand by what i said after last season playoff fiasco that he should of been given the shove then. The guy has no tactical nouse at all in todays modern game.

Suppose its a good sign and shows the board are going in a positive direction..

With that being said i think Jonesy has done a fantastic job helping to stabalize the club in his time and has given me some great moments that will live with me forever' date=' and some obvious dissapointments.

Bye bye Jonesy, if only you had a plan B this may not of happened :rolleyes:

Martin O'Neill anybody? Ahh i can dream :P[/quote']

Agree 100% with this. One thing we might miss though is his eye for a good transfer. Until this year he had limited funds and turned relegation candidiates into play-off finalists.