Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Npower Championship 2010/11 Season

(Y)

I'm more believing now a reputable source has reported it.

Strange signing. Holt, Vaughan, Morison, Jackson. Martin is supposedly off, I assume Wilbrahim will be too. They've been heavily linked with Mackail-Smith and also Pacheco on loan (again).

Baffling if they sign him. However as it is Lambert in charge, I'd still have faith in him making it work.

(Y)

I'm more believing now a reputable source has reported it.

Strange signing. Holt' date=' Vaughan, Morison, Jackson. Martin is supposedly off, I assume Wilbrahim will be too. They've been heavily linked with Mackail-Smith and also Pacheco on loan (again).

Baffling if they sign him. However as it is Lambert in charge, I'd still have faith in him making it work.[/quote']

I think Norwich will be out the running for CMS now. Heard from a reliable source this afternoon, QPR are the club that have agreed a £3m fee for CMS and it looks like he will be his way there after his hols.

Posh are sorting a replacement and have had a bid for MK Dons Sam Baldock rejected, plus are close to agreeing a fee for Jason Peacre from Bournemouth. Heard from another source that Sam Vokes has been linked too, not sure about that one.

According to Sky' date=' Martin O'Neill is the favourite for the gaffers job at City. All depends on money though apparently.[/quote']

My ramblings a few months back saying we should try and get him as manager dont seem so crazy now :P

But in all seriousness he would be a fantastic appointment.. hopefully we vere away from the likes of Keane and Curbishley and bring some real quality in. But again that all depends on how far the Malaysians are willing to dig into their pockets.

My ramblings a few months back saying we should try and get him as manager dont seem so crazy now :P

But in all seriousness he would be a fantastic appointment.. hopefully we vere away from the likes of Keane and Curbishley and bring some real quality in. But again that all depends on how far the Malaysians are willing to dig into their pockets.

I think you should try and get him, but how keen will the likes of O'Neil, Curbishley or Roy Keane be to join Cardiff with no real investment put into te club's transfer spending in the summer - if that was the case. As Dave Jones was given no money by the club last summer by the Malaysians, and there was no money spent in January either.

I think you should try and get him' date=' but how keen will the likes of O'Neil, Curbishley or Roy Keane be to join Cardiff with no real investment put into te club's transfer spending in the summer - if that was the case. As Dave Jones was given no money by the club last summer by the Malaysians, and there was no money spent in January either.[/quote']

Dave Jones was always brought in with the intention of stabalizing the club and operating on a sell to buy basis, i think he knew that when taking over and succeded to a certain degree (mostly off the pitch with the finances, stadium etc etc)

Im assuming if the likes of O'Neill were negotiating to become manager they would demand to have some form of transfer kitty to work with as you would have to assume the clubs ambitions would be to get promotion at any cost bringing in such a high calibure manager. It seems like one of those take a gamble and bring in a good manager, give him the money and cross everything he gets you promoted. Or bring in another steddy eddy ala Jonesy and slip down into mid table mediocraty situations.

Dave Jones was always brought in with the intention of stabalizing the club and operating on a sell to buy basis' date=' i think he knew that when taking over and succeded to a certain degree (mostly off the pitch with the finances, stadium etc etc)

Im assuming if the likes of O'Neill were negotiating to become manager they would demand to have some form of transfer kitty to work with as you would have to assume the clubs ambitions would be to get promotion at any cost bringing in such a high calibure manager. It seems like one of those take a gamble and bring in a good manager, give him the money and cross everything he gets you promoted. Or bring in another steddy eddy ala Jonesy and slip down into mid table mediocraty situations.[/quote']

Well yes, but i wouldn't imagine the Malyasians will be too pleased to move from a buy from what you sell basis to investing lots of money into the clu following them doing fairly well on the budget they were on last season, finishing in the play-offs,

I can see you going for someone less high profile as the likes of O'Neill and Hughton to be honest. Maybe someone like Mark Robbins, who did a very good job at Barnsley.

Am I the only one who would actually like Curbishley? He did an excellent job at Charlton, he made some great signings at the club, and he proved to be the main 'driving force' at the club because they got relegated twice once he had departed in 2006.

Of course, O'Neill would be my first choice manager, but we have to remember that we would be in competition with Premier league clubs for him as he has alot of experience and he is a top class manager.

I have heard that Curbishley is coming for an interview tomorrow.

Well yes' date=' but i wouldn't imagine the Malyasians will be too pleased to move from a buy from what you sell basis to investing lots of money into the clu following them doing fairly well on the budget they were on last season, finishing in the play-offs,

I can see you going for someone less high profile as the likes of O'Neill and Hughton to be honest. Maybe someone like Mark Robbins, who did a very good job at Barnsley.[/quote']

Yeh unfortunatley i agree with that :o cant see us bringing in a high profile manager and got a feeling we'll take a gamble on a 'steady eddy' working with the core of our sqaud from last season plus a few cheap additions to try and do the job. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who would actually like Curbishley? He did an excellent job at Charlton' date=' he made some great signings at the club, and he proved to be the main 'driving force' at the club because they got relegated twice once he had departed in 2006.

Of course, O'Neill would be my first choice manager, but we have to remember that we would be in competition with Premier league clubs for him as he has alot of experience and he is a top class manager.

I have heard that Curbishley is coming for an interview tomorrow.[/quote']

Mehh im not a fan of his to be honest. Not quite sure why, just one of those managers ive never been fond of same as David Oleary or Mick Mcarthy and wouldnt fancy him as manager of my hometown club. But im not on the board so dont have much of an opinion alas :P

That's quite horrific Wozza :o

New-Leicester-City-Home-Kit-11-12-Burrda.jpg

wellensnewkit.jpg

This is ours. I quite like it, looks retro :)

Marlon King has signed a new contract at Coventry! Means that we won't get him!!! :D :D :D

Oh, and also, our pitch has just been relaid again, for the second time in six months. Our head groundsman Ed Mowe (Mowe, what are the odds? :D) said that the owners want the best possible platform for the team. The last one seemed fine, but not gunna complain :)

XU7Us.jpg

http://tapatalk.com/mu/c1238407-0f65-4781.jpg' alt='c1238407-0f65-4781.jpg'>

fijerkgofvrtimewgverionjafcweruijfnweruioafneriouqvn45ierj HORRIBLE

That is horrific :P:o

That's quite horrific Wozza :o

New-Leicester-City-Home-Kit-11-12-Burrda.jpg

wellensnewkit.jpg

This is ours. I quite like it' date=' looks retro :)

Marlon King has signed a new contract at Coventry! Means that we won't get him!!! :D :D :D

Oh, and also, our pitch has just been relaid again, for the second time in six months. Our head groundsman Ed Mowe (Mowe, what are the odds? :D) said that the owners want the best possible platform for the team. The last one seemed fine, but not gunna complain :)[/quote']

Looks quiet nice, not sure about the socks though.

Couple of Preston fans on here iirc, what do you make of Billy Jones? Albion have dropped one and announced his signing by mistake before he's actually signed. Good enough for the step up or a squad booster?

Couple of Preston fans on here iirc' date=' what do you make of Billy Jones? Albion have dropped one and announced his signing by mistake before he's actually signed. Good enough for the step up or a squad booster?[/quote']

For me, having seen him play a few times, although he's pretty much one of the few crucial players to Preston and is worth some decent value, at WBA - he's simply a squad booster. I'm not so sure about WBA's signings of lower league defenders like McAuley and Billy Jones though, although i rate them i'd have thought they'd be a bit more ambitious after a strong season :)

The socks?? What's wrong with the socks? They're blue with LCFC on them :P

I just don't like the style of the socks, :P

I haven't seem much of Jones, so can't comment really, although I doubt he'd be a regular.

McAuley however is a quality defender, very under-rated. I think with a run of games he could make a place in the WBA XI his own.

Norwich trying to sign Snodgrass now, with a bid of £3.5m rejected. As long as Gradel stays, I wouldn't be too unhappy, assuming the money was reinvested (it probably wouldn't be, knowing out tight.. of a chairman), but obviously I'd rather we kept him.

Couple of Preston fans on here iirc' date=' what do you make of Billy Jones? Albion have dropped one and announced his signing by mistake before he's actually signed. Good enough for the step up or a squad booster?[/quote']

You've got yourself a star there mate, I know he has only proved himself at championship, but league one was never going to be a high enough level for him. I wish him the best of luck in the premiership though, I'll be looking out for him on MOTD :)

Thanks folks.

As things stand he has a genuine shot at playing a lot of football next season, Steven Reid is the incumbent at right back and has a history of injuries. I like the McAuley signing too Seft. It's not the sort to get fans excited but whenever we've played Ipswich in the past he's exactly the sort of centre half we've lacked for yonks. Heads it, kicks it, deals with it with no frills. Though I suspect both him and Jones are replacements for Meite and Zuiverloon who (a) help us with the quota system and (B) probably come a bit cheaper than them in terms of salary.

I think the name & the avatar give it away slightly...

& I don't rate Williams at all. I think he's a poor defender & has been dreadful every time I've watched Wales. The team of the season is nothing to go by really' date=' No Cardiff or Leeds players in it and that should speak volumes in itself.

& that last reason could apply to you. You keep the ball for long periods of time (as Aidan loves to point out :rolleyes::P) meaning you don't get put under pressure as much as other teams. Hence proving my first point that most people only see the passing side of your game. :D[/quote']

extremely deluded cardiff fan. enjoy the championship next season lolz lolz lolz