Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

andyowls

Re: The Coca-Cola Championship 2009/10 Season

Completely disagree. If he did it' date=' he should be punished. The players would be :confused:

A knee from the back is a even cheaper shot than a punch.[/quote']

If somebody kneed me in the back of the leg i really wouldn't care,

Brian Clough did a lot worse when he hits those Forest fans,

Look, Billy is just a mardy little gimp who wants to get one over his old club. as Jack said, he could of done ALOT worse than what he did, and there was alot of bodies in that melee. As I have said since day 1, Billy Davies is a slimey git, and hes a poison dwarf.

A pathetic excuse to try and get us into trouble IMO.

If somebody kneed me in the back of the leg i really wouldn't care' date='

Brian Clough did a lot worse when he hits those Forest fans,[/quote']

Really poor anology, so because someone, nearly 20 years ago at the same club did worse, someone who supposedly did something to the now manager shouldnt be punished and Billy Davies should get over it :confused:

what the hell deleting my post when its about the championship . stupid SM Geeks

I did' date=' try posting on topic and i might not have to ? :confused:

And dont call me stupid . . .

Look, Billy is just a mardy little gimp who wants to get one over his old club. as Jack said, he could of done ALOT worse than what he did, and there was alot of bodies in that melee. As I have said since day 1, Billy Davies is a slimey git, and hes a poison dwarf.

A pathetic excuse to try and get us into trouble IMO.

No you got yourself in trouble all by yourself

Ill make my own opinions on Billy Davies, he is a strict man but one i respect alot. I could argue your just bitter because he was your manager and is now at Forest, didnt he get you to the prem ?

No you got yourself in trouble all by yourself

Ill make my own opinions on Billy Davies' date=' he is a strict man but one i respect alot. I could argue your just bitter because he was your manager and is now at Forest, didnt he get you to the prem ?[/quote']

I'm sorry but how did we get ourselves in trouble? what are you supposed to do when you've got one player getting ganged up on by 3 Forest players? yes, I admit that it was Jay Mac shouldn't of done what he did, but was their need for the reaction of the Forest players? no. So why do it?

I'm sorry, but their is a different man behind the mask of Billy Davies, let me tell you that now, yes he did get us promoted and I admit, they were good times, but wasn't he the same guy who was arguing with the board for a new contract and money otherwise he would leave? and the same guy who took us to 6 points until he retired?

A poison dwarf and ONLY a Championship manager.

I'm sorry but how did we get ourselves in trouble? what are you supposed to do when you've got one player getting ganged up on by 3 Forest players? yes' date=' I admit that it was Jay Mac shouldn't of done what he did, but was their need for the reaction of the Forest players? no. So why do it?

I'm sorry, but their is a different man behind the mask of Billy Davies, let me tell you that now, yes he did get us promoted and I admit, they were good times, but wasn't he the same guy who was arguing with the board for a new contract and money otherwise he would leave? and the same guy who took us to 6 points until he retired?

A poison dwarf and ONLY a Championship manager.[/quote']

Erm you was holding the ball and time wasting, Gunter tried to get the ball back, IMO your players and staff massively over reacted, as did Forest.

You can tell me what you want wozza, but considering i support neither team i can make a perfectly good judgement on him. He has only positive influences at the city ground and until he has more than half a season in the prem i dont think anyone is in a position to say he is or is not a premiership manager

and the same guy who took us to 6 points until he retired?

wasnt that more points than you got in the rest of that season?

and the reason why derby were poor in the prem was because they had a squad filled with championship players who overachieved massively in the first place to get into the prem, which they havent been even close to doing since they were relegated, so maybe, just maybe, davies wasnt that bad after all

What a performance from the Mighty Rams!! Top of the League' date=' Your having a Laugh??!?![/quote']

Deserved win. Everyone has up and downs though. The referee made a few favourable desicions but the performance from Newcastle deserved nothing. What do you think of Clough? He got Derby a great result last night but you have lost 2-0 at home to Blackpool and Doncaster plus being hammered 4-1 by Shorpe.

Deserved win. Everyone has up and downs though. The referee made a few favourable desicions but the performance from Newcastle deserved nothing. What do you think of Clough? He got Derby a great result last night but you have lost 2-0 at home to Blackpool and Doncaster plus being hammered 4-1 by Shorpe.

I'm not a Derby fan, far from it lol, but it has to be said you can't really use a game against Blackpool against a manager. Blackpool have proved to be a really tough team to beat this year, hence them being in 9th. They play really good football, and they annoyed Coventry's players and fans the other week getting a 1-1 draw at the Ricoh when they only had 10 men.

I'm not a Derby fan' date=' far from it lol, but it has to be said you can't really use a game against Blackpool against a manager. Blackpool have proved to be a really tough team to beat this year, hence them being in 9th. They play really good football, and they annoyed Coventry's players and fans the other week getting a 1-1 draw at the Ricoh when they only had 10 men.[/quote']

I know Blackpool are a good team but their away form is quite poor. Thanks for beating Forest anyway! :D

I know Blackpool are a good team but their away form is quite poor. Thanks for beating Forest anyway! :D

True, a better away record for them and they could well be in the play-offs with some ease.

No problems by the way lol. Was a good game :) Apparently we made history because the ref got injured and a woman replaced him, and i've heard she's the first ever lady to referee a game at Championship level :)

Well I suppose most of the results went our way last night. A two-nil win against Peterborough would have probably been expected, however we are a very strange side.

I'm now honestly not to fussed about the match against Chelsea on Saturday, at the end of the day, we'll have to fight to even get a draw. I feel the league is the main target now, especially if we were to go into administration.

Lastly, we beat Derby 6-1 and lost 5-1 to Newcastle, somehow Derby have beaten Newcastle 3-0! What a mad league this is!

I feel the league is the main target now' date=' especially if we were to go into administration.[/quote']

i thought like pompey administration isnt an option for cardiff? tbh i can see them being a bit more lenient with cardiff - as long as they are in the promotion hunt (iirc around £3m) i reckon they'll leave it as if they get into the prem (which is quite possible, most likely through the playoffs) they'd easily be able to pay off HMRC

i thought like pompey administration isnt an option for cardiff? tbh i can see them being a bit more lenient with cardiff - as long as they are in the promotion hunt (iirc around £3m) i reckon they'll leave it as if they get into the prem (which is quite possible' date=' most likely through the playoffs) they'd easily be able to pay off HMRC[/quote']

Of course, I mean don't you get 30 odd million for going to the premiership :confused:

I didn't even realise we could go top last night till the chants started up, so that was a nice surprise. Shorpe are tidy enough and play in tidy little triangles but lack any sort of cutting edge at all. Olsson and Tamas were extremely comfortable for the majority of the game. It was a little bit huff and puff down the other end but the quality was always going to tell and they were two cracking moves for the goals. The first particularly was a fabulous raking diagonal ball, from Jara, not Tamas, Sky Sports News. (There's only half a foot and a different ethnicity between them. Although that was marginally less stupid than the BBC reporting Meite was fouled for the red card, when it was in actual fact Graham Dorrans. The likeness is hardly uncanny.) And then a really inventive finish from Roman. Perfect night with the Toon and Forest losing as well.

And Frank Nouble. B) He's a beast.

Liam B):P

We deserved everything we got, no doubt about it, and as you said, Newcastle deserved to get nothing out of yesterday's game. We made you lot look like a very average side.

I have to admit, their was a couple of questionable decisions, especially the penalty, I found that a very strange decision, whether or not he clipped Tonge or not I'm not sure, but it was a very strange foul to give away, especially in the position he was in.

As for Clough, I feel that most of our fans are behind him. I just feel we lack consistancy badly. I know alot of people want him to do well, and we all respect that he needs time to bring stability and success to the club, but the wrong thing would be to sack him. We must not sack him. He will build this club slowly and steadily, and we do not want to be rushed into decisions. All we want is stability, and if we play like we did against you guys every game from now til the end of the season, we'll be in a healthy position going into next season.