Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Derby finish off with a draw against Peterboro.

Highlight of the match - 16 year old Will Hughes absolutely running the show. We could have a reincarnation of Paul Scholes on our hands here. I'm not even exagerating. His passing was exquisit and United and City are sniffing round him. Typical.

Hopefully, and most likely, he'll play a big part next season. Thats one of Clough's positives. He is willing to give the youngsters a go which I love to see because the policy Clough has is if you're good enough you're old enough and this will save the club masses of money with young talent like Hendrick, O'Brien, Will Hughes and Mason Bennett coming through and playing well.

Guest Scout Maker

Best away day I've been on. Watch out West Ham' date=' we seem to be getting stronger as the season goes on.

:D[/quote']

Was depressing finishing the season with nothing and watching your lot celebrate...

Well at least it can't be a West Ham - Cardiff final now, two of my most hated teams in the division (bar Millwall and Brighton).

Whittingham goal's were fantasic, also thought ours wasn't bad either, Ambrose's ball was laid on a plate for Zaha.

Pleased to see us go up in style , i feel we deserved to be in the auto's from out performances over the whole season and i feel it would of been harsh on us to only finish with a play-off spot!

A few players here or there and i think we have what it take to survive next season , not predicting miracles as in my opinion 17th would be great :)

oh and Adkins is my favorite man on the planet ... hopefully he stays with us a very long time and can build a club around him.

How high do you rate Peter Whittingham? You're all in a better position to give an opinion on him that myself, but he seems to have been an integral part of Cardiff's promotion challenges in the past 3 years with an outstanding 45 goals in 3 seasons. If Cardiff fail to go up this year, Is it only a matter of time before he gets a move back to the Premier League? Is he what they call "Premier class"?

How high do you rate Peter Whittingham? You're all in a better position to give an opinion on him that myself' date=' but he seems to have been an integral part of Cardiff's promotion challenges in the past 3 years with an outstanding 45 goals in 3 seasons. If Cardiff fail to go up this year, Is it only a matter of time before he gets a move back to the Premier League? Is he what they call "Premier class"?[/quote']

The Cardiff lads can obviously tell you more about him than me, but he is a class player and it's only a matter of time before he gets a shot at the PL. I suspect he will be sold rather than getting there with Cardiff, and he deserves it too as he has proved himself in the Championship many times. Whether he is Premier League class though, only time will tell. I think he would be alright in the PL as he has a brilliant left peg and has a good footballing mind, but only time will tell.

Im still buzzing from Will Hughes performance yesterday.

Peterboro' were pathetic and didnt even deserve a respectable score line nevermind a point. But thats what our season has been all about..not scoring enough goals.

In the summer we need a left back, a winger, a forward, experienced central midfielder.

Paul Dixon (left back)

Michael Jacobs (wing)

Lee Novak (fwd)

Matt Oakley (midfield)

No massive signings but id be happy with that buisness in the summer.

How high do you rate Peter Whittingham? You're all in a better position to give an opinion on him that myself' date=' but he seems to have been an integral part of Cardiff's promotion challenges in the past 3 years with an outstanding 45 goals in 3 seasons. If Cardiff fail to go up this year, Is it only a matter of time before he gets a move back to the Premier League? Is he what they call "Premier class"?[/quote']

Whittingham is unbelievable. He was unstoppable the first half of the season and it was his drop in form that I personally think we dropped off after the CC final. Take Leeds last game. He had by his standards a poor game, yet managed to play the perfect balll for Mason to score. He has those sort of things in his locker and he can produce them when he needs to.

He's as loyal as they come, loves it down Cardiff and can't see him leaving IMO.

Carried an average Cardiff side in to the play-offs :P

Hull City have suspended Nicky Barmby for comments made about the owners transfer policy, and apparently the club has been put up for sale.

I can't help but laugh. It may have been a shocking season but the end has been great. Can't wait until August.

Along with the news below, in relation to the charges made earlier on this year, three Brighton players and a Bournemouth player have been charged with a sexual assault and voyeurism charge today. I can't see this being good news for us at all, a lot of bad press will be coming our way in the near future.

Guest Scout Maker

Along with the news below' date=' in relation to the charges made earlier on this year, three Brighton players and a Bournemouth player have been charged with a sexual assault and voyeurism charge today. I can't see this being good news for us at all, a lot of bad press will be coming our way in the near future.[/quote']

You missing Glenn yet? ;)

You missing Glenn yet? ;)

Not particularly, we've done pretty darn well considering it's our first season back for a while, no question our league position would probably be better had he still been in our team, but do I miss him? Do I heck :D

Peterborough United manager Darren Ferguson has confirmed which players have been made available for transfer.

The following players' names have been circulated to clubs and a fee will be required for their services;

Mark Little, Grant McCann, David Ball, Scott Griffiths, Nicky Ajose, Matthew Breeze, George Boyd and Paul Taylor.

Joe Lewis and Danny Mills have both left the club after their contracts expired and we thank them for their service.

Looks like there will be a lot of change at London Road this Summer.

This is our apparent striker short list:

Patterson (burnley) - out of contract, within price range due to injury

Howard - seen as an option b, wont start many games but might get goals from the bench

James Collins ( shrewsbury) - young with potential within budget fee and wages

Waghorn - would be straight swap for Ward, is he better than davies though

Simon Church- he wants to play regularly

Sam vokes - they believe next year he could get goals

Id take Patterson and Howard out of that bunch.

To Mousey: I'm 95% certain Waghorn will be at Leicester next season. Him and Nigel get on very well, and he gets the best out of him.

We seem to be trying to become the new Hull. Nigel apparently wants Chester, Stewart (certain of these two), Evans and Koren. On top of this, De Laet and the Fleetwood lad Vardy seem to be top targets.

Big Twitter rumours that Beckford will go back to Leeds this summer. Not bothered in the slightest, he's been rubbish. I'm sure he would score against us though.

Thanks for everything Pantsil. I reckon we paid you about £800,000 for about 5 games work, which is just fantastic. Up there with Michael Ball, Matt Mills and Michael Johnson as Sven's best signings this season.

Jamie Vardy is on his way to Leicester for about £750,000 plus add-ons, marking the start of another hectic summer :)

Don't know much about him myself, but he's scored a lot, Fleetwood fans rate him and I trust Walsh's scouting ability so I'm happy.

Jamie Vardy is on his way to Leicester for about £750' date='000 plus add-ons, marking the start of another hectic summer :)

Don't know much about him myself, but he's scored a lot, Fleetwood fans rate him and I trust Walsh's scouting ability so I'm happy.[/quote']

I'm sure he's a good player, but there's no way he's worth that sort of a fee when he's never played in the football league - a few years ago you'd have been able to get those sorts of players on free transfers. I guess it's better than paying the £1 million you supposedly bid for him on January transfer deadline day.

I'm sure he's a good player' date=' but there's no way he's worth that sort of a fee when he's never played in the football league - a few years ago you'd have been able to get those sorts of players on free transfers. I guess it's better than paying the £1 million you supposedly bid for him on January transfer deadline day.[/quote']

Well the Fleetwood chairman is loaded and there were a couple of other Championship clubs interested, so we had to bid high and get the transfer wrapped up early. It is a risk, but people have nothing but praise for him and it's nice to have a player wanting to prove something, compared to most of our squad this year. His wages will be low too, probably earning 3 or 4 times less than Beckford.

Another Day another bad piece of bad news for Leeds Fans, Adam Clayton Transfer Listed probably will be replaced by someone like Shaun Derry or another Vetran :mad:

Other players to be Transfers Listed include:

Ramon Nunez(We Ruined him)

Billy Payner(will be lucky to get 50k for him)

Paul Rachubka(Awful expect league two is calling)

Paul Connolly

Andy O'Brian(Meh)

They join Mika Varnaynen, Ben Parker, Alex Bruce, Danny Webber, Llyod Sam, Mikael Forsell and Maik Taylor who have all been released along with Darren O'Dea being told we won't sign him next season even tho I thought he'd done okay..

Lots of players leaving only really sad to see Clayton transfer listed will hold onto the remote chance that situation can be resolved but I doubt it with Prem Clubs no doubt in for him! Lots of players need replacing there I'm just hoping Warnocks got something special planned as the £10.50 he's likely to receive for transfers out of Bates Wallet won't go far.

Now for Snodgrass future to be resolved... Please god don't let him leave!