Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Looking forward to the play offs starting tonight! They're always quite exciting :)

Yep, they are always quite exciting. First legs won't be as good as the second though.

Hoping West Ham get something from the game time, it'll be frustrating to support them in the play-off semi's because of their style of play but they've got lots of goalscorers and match winners and have to be the favourites to get to the final.

Teams for tonight:

Cardiff City: Marshall, Blake, Taylor, Hudson, Turner, Lawrence, Gunnarsson, Whittingham, Cowie, Mason, Miller.

Subs: Heaton, Gerrard, Kiss, McPhail, Earnshaw

West Ham: Green, Demel, Taylor, Reid, Tomkins, Noble, Nolan, Collison, O'Neil, Vaz Te, Cole.

Subs: Henderson, McCartney, Faye, Maynard, Faubert.

Don't particularly want WHU to go up, nor Cardiff, nor Birmingham...nor Blackpool really. WHU will be the biggest threat next year so I hope they go up, but I don't like Allardyce so say that grudgingly. Should be a good game, and I expect WHU to win over two legs.

Good win for West Ham. Could have been more, Nolan should have certainly made it 3-0 but Cardiff did get more in to the game in the second half in fairness to them. West Ham did look by far the best team, deserved the win and should now see through the tie on Monday.

Blackpool-Birmingham should be a good game tommorow.

Guest Scout Maker

Haha Cardiff, guess Dougie was right, bottlejobs. :P

That is a perfect example of why we didn't go up autos. We're a miles better team away from home. I thought we were fantastic on Saturday against Palace, but at home we've been pathetic in all honesty.

Never thought I'd say this after last year but I thought a player on loan to us was our best player. It's the worst I've ever seen Whitts play. :(

We've missed a striker like Carlton Cole all season. Someone who can bully defenders. Miller can't, Mason can't and Earnie certainly can't.

It's not over till its over, but it's a long way back from here.

Blackpool deserve the half-time lead, although they were fortunate with the goal. The game should open up in the second half, Birmingham will go forward more and i'm sure Blackpool will be keen to get a second goal.

Stephen Dobbie has been the best player on the pitch so far :)

Turns out we haven't signed Vardy yet.

Apparently we're close to signing Jacob Blythe, a 19 year old striker for Leamington FC. They play two divisions below the Conference. I miss the days when we were linked with Beckham and Henry, although this guy may be slightly cheaper...

West ham away monday cannot wait nothin to lose last game of the season always the best win or lose a brilliant season for cardiff would of taken midtable at the start :D

Couldn't agree more mate, 12th wouldve been a dream! Anything more would've been a success. Happy we've got this far.

Couldn't agree more mate' date=' 12th wouldve been a dream! Anything more would've been a success. Happy we've got this far.[/quote']

Only thing is finishing this high we have to build and become better every season which means automatics next year going to be tough expectations willbe higher now hopefully qpr dont come down for obvious reasons thats 1 place gone surely.

As much as you have to believe west ham have won it , its only half time and theres 90 mins togo , get a goal within 80 mins , 1 0 with 10 mins left west ham fans will get on therebacks and were in for a big finish. cant wait to be there it could be some party on the other hand wont even be gutted if we lose no pressure :)

Great first half, West Ham look really dangerous when going forward and look like scoring more. Cardiff should have had a penalty and Cardiff aren't misplacing the ball as much as they were at Legoland but they keep playing the ball long to nobody and Rob Green's had nothing to do really.

Great first half' date=' West Ham look really dangerous when going forward and look like scoring more. Cardiff should have had a penalty and Cardiff aren't misplacing the ball as much as they were at Legoland but they keep playing the ball long to nobody and Rob Green's had nothing to do really.[/quote']

Well West Ham done the job in the end, i think 5 goals is the joint most anyone's won the play-off semi's by so i'll take that :D Cardiff looked really poor though, they didn't put up a fight. I would have liked us to sign Whittingham in January, but having seen him in the two play-offs he doesn't look any good.

I'd like the winners of Birmingham-Blackpool to win the play-off final, West Ham do look a good side and i think they'd have a much better chance of survival than Birmingham or Blackpool and they do have some very good players in Tomkins, Noble, Nolan and Carlton Cole. Birmingham would be my prefered team to win the play-offs, they've got money trouble so i doubt they'd spend too much, it's a close away game and i don't think they are as good going forward as Blackpool are. There are pro's to any of the three teams going up though, i'd like to go to Upton Park and we'd probably get a million for Dobbie if Blackpool went up :)

What tonight's result secures though is that one of the three relegated teams from the Premier League last year will go up in the play-offs. The £16 million parachute payment for that club will be shared between the 24 Championship clubs next season, each recieving £666,000 B)

Think we ran out of steam towards the end of the season. Still, we should never have reached the top 6 at the start of the season, but I got my prediction for us spot on from preseason. (cba to look back though)

Hope WestHam go up now, they'll be even more dangerous if they stay down next season.

578169_366180646762465_199098633470668_944481_1445043197_n.jpg

Found this hilarious.

Never mind the best man, Chris needs to sort out his priorities. Getting married on a match day :eek:;)

Unless he and his bride parachute into Wembley afterwards... :P

Never mind the best man' date=' Chris needs to sort out his priorities. Getting married on a match day :eek:;)

Unless he and his bride parachute into Wembley afterwards... :P[/quote']

Perhaps they're Orient fans and have nothing to look forward to but the wedding :P

One of the best awaygames ive been on absolutly brilliant our fans never stoped

west ham one of the worst sets of fans to get behind there team , leaving 5-10 mins before the end of a playoff semi final being 5-0 up , tried winding us up but never realy worked

que sera sera what ever will be will be were going to barnn sull leey que sera sera :D think that wa sang louder than the wembley version

proud of what we achieved this season :D