Sign in to follow this  
andyowls

Official Sky Bet Championship Thread

Re: The Official Npower Championship Thread

Disgusting to say the least. As I said to SJ earlier' date=' if this happens, I, like many others, will never watch them again.[/quote']

It is understandable to want to keep your club colours but Cardiff are Welsh so Red would go hand in hand with that and if a change of colours to red would mean more investment/shirt sales etc and if that cash was being put back in to the club via training facilities/new players etc surely it is worthy of consideration.

It is understandable to want to keep your club colours but Cardiff are Welsh so Red would go hand in hand with that and if a change of colours to red would mean more investment/shirt sales etc and if that cash was being put back in to the club via training facilities/new players etc surely it is worthy of consideration.

Rumour mill going around is that we'd be in line for a stadium expansion, upgrade of our training facilities and a big war chest to push our campaign for next season... cant see it going through mind, i reckon we'll hit some form of compromise and get red pattern merged onto our kit.

I'll wait until we get more info from the meeting being held tonight before i join in the panic like many others.

We could turn into the red dragons, or the malaysian red warriors for all i care, but myself and im sure the majority will forever be bluebirds :)

Don't you think that's a bit over the top?

Not particularly. To me it won't be Cardiff anymore.

Dan I couldn't disagree more mate. To suddenly change colours cause the owners feel like it is nothing short of a disgrace in my view. It's like we'd become their toy. What would happen if we don't go up should this go through? They'd probably leave with our history having been torn apart because the colour red is 'lucky'.

EDIT: Shack, I liked the red kit(s) we used to have, there's no need to "rebrand". Stadium expansion?! We can't even sell out for a playoff game. We don't need more seats!

Not really no' date=' i don't see how changing the kit red is going to get all of Wales supporting them, especially whilst there's a Welsh club in the Premier League.

Infact they'll lose money out of it, Cardiff (City?) fans aren't going to take to red shirts and aren't going to spend the £30-40 or so to get one and will just wear old blue ones as well as the cost to change all the seats and outside design of the stadium.

Rumour mill going around is that we'd be in line for a stadium expansion, upgrade of our training facilities and a big war chest to push our campaign for next season... cant see it going through mind, i reckon we'll hit some form of compromise and get red pattern merged onto our kit.

I'll wait until we get more info from the meeting being held tonight before i join in the panic like many others.

We could turn into the red dragons, or the malaysian red warriors for all i care, but myself and im sure the majority will forever be bluebirds :)

Not particularly. To me it won't be Cardiff anymore.

Dan I couldn't disagree more mate. To suddenly change colours cause the owners feel like it is nothing short of a disgrace in my view. It's like we'd become their toy. What would happen if we don't go up should this go through? They'd probably leave with our history having been torn apart because the colour red is 'lucky'.

EDIT: Shack' date=' I liked the red kit(s) we used to have, there's no need to "rebrand". Stadium expansion?! We can't even sell out for a playoff game. We don't need more seats![/quote']

Apparently it's true. We'll be in red next year. Sad day.

The Malaysians are absoloutely clueless. Supposedly he'll do it with the promise to invest £100 million to the club, but that's just like selling your sole to the devil. The majority of that money won't be seen, with your £70 million debt, and it's not even as if that won't be cleared instead it'll just be transferred to Tan who could call you up on it in the future.

You don't need to expand your stadium, there was plenty of empty seats in the play-off semi and i don't think you've sold out for a game this season.

What was even the need to do it? He's just upset all the supporters completely uneccesarily.

Not really no' date=' i don't see how changing the kit red is going to get all of Wales supporting them, especially whilst there's a Welsh club in the Premier League.

Infact they'll lose money out of it, Cardiff (City?) fans aren't going to take to red shirts and aren't going to spend the £30-40 or so to get one and will just wear old blue ones as well as the cost to change all the seats and outside design of the stadium.

The Malaysians are absoloutely clueless. Supposedly he'll do it with the promise to invest £100 million to the club, but that's just like selling your sole to the devil. The majority of that money won't be seen, with your £70 million debt, and it's not even as if that won't be cleared instead it'll just be transferred to Tan who could call you up on it in the future.

You don't need to expand your stadium, there was plenty of empty seats in the play-off semi and i don't think you've sold out for a game this season.

What was even the need to do it? He's just upset all the supporters completely uneccesarily.[/quote']

Exactly what I've said mate. Sold our soul. I'm gutted. Truly gutted. If the stadium goes red I'd be really tempted to go & watch Merthyr.

I'll be there what ever colour we play in, totaly against the change ive a bluebird tatto like many many other city fans and to be changing to the dragons just no

extending the stadium to 35k to the season after next means these guys got big ambitions and maybe expect promotion next year could be intresting year

simple solution boycott the club shop everyone buy the away blue top and nothin else , the fans will still chant bluebirds and the canton needs to be filled with blue scarfs and flags every game

people are trying to push them away from our club because of the red thing , id like them to stay buy consider the club colour ,all members at the club and fans have advised the owners to stay blue but there not listening.

stephen-dobbie-58026198.jpg

Delighted for Dobbie with his goal, although he's actually played really poorly so far and misplaced an awful lot of passes.

I'd rather Birmingham went up, but i'd definatly prefer Blackpool to go up to West Ham and maybe they'll give them more of a game in the play-off final. Tom Ince and Matty Phillips always impress me when i watch them play.

Have Blackpool still not learnt to defend? :P

Holloway isn't capable of building a team that can attack and defend. When he was in charge of us, our defence was very solid, only conceded 45 goals or something. We couldn't put the ball in the net though, and got relegated for it.

Strange that it's completely the opposite at Blackpool.

I'd laugh so hard if Blackpool made it to the Premiership again :D. Don't really mind who wins the final. I wanted West Ham to go up thinking Birmingham would make it to the Final, now I'm leaning towards Blackpool, either way it should be a good final.

Three reasons why I want Blackpool to go up:

1) would love to see Ince and Phillips in the Prem.

2)A few of my mates are going to wembley I'd enjoy seeing sobbing on the tele :P

3)I find watching blackpool more entertaining.

Three reasons why I want Blackpool to go up:

1) would love to see Ince and Phillips in the Prem.

2)A few of my mates are going to wembley I'd enjoy seeing sobbing on the tele :P

3)I find watching blackpool more entertaining.

Three reasons why I don't want Blackpool to go up:

1) Holloway

2) Holloway

3) Holloway

If West Ham don't go up then they'll be right up there again next season, whereas Blackpool aren't likely to be challenging for the title. Come on you Hammers...

1) Holloway

2) Holloway

3) Holloway

If West Ham don't go up then they'll be right up there again next season' date=' whereas Blackpool aren't likely to be challenging for the title. Come on you Hammers...[/quote']

Absolutely no bitterness there ;). I'm just teasing.

C'mon on Blackpool, like the way they play, they've got Phillips and aren't West Ham.

1) Holloway

2) Holloway

3) Holloway

If West Ham don't go up then they'll be right up there again next season' date=' whereas Blackpool aren't likely to be challenging for the title. Come on you Hammers...[/quote']

Lol I have the same reasons for wanting Blackpool to go up, a prem without fat Sam is a happy place

What's wrong with Holloway, Jon? I know he got Leicester relegated but you just can't envy that man. He's like a human teddy bear full of funny quotes. :D

I'm gonna be rooting for Blackpool. Can't stand Big Sam's hoof ball football.

Anyone else think Blackburn/Wolves could be relegated next season?.

The FA defeding the Venkys :eek:

Wolves won't they have been a yoyo club for quite a while now, they'l go back up in the next couple of seasons - Blackburn might they will lose a few players in the summer

Wolves won't they have been a yoyo club for quite a while now' date=' they'l go back up in the next couple of seasons - Blackburn might they will lose a few players in the summer[/quote']

I think they might go the same as Pompy although maybe to a lesser extent, Blackburn will have overpayed on players which won't help, Donnie could the same way in League 1, the Mckay was all a farce :rolleyes: